Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ An Unexpected Ally ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]







*An~Unexpected~Ally*

~Chapter 4~




Dilandau turned slowly, barely breathing, and waited to see who was coming through the woods. The form soon came through the woods, and Dilandau felt relief pour through him.

"It's just Alex's horse." He sighed as the black horse walked over towards them, looking throughly spooked. He noticed that the saddle and bridle were still on the horse and he took it as a sign. He managed to swing up into the saddle with Alex in his arms. The horse pinned it's ears back, but Dilandau managed to calm him down and headed out of the woods.

He brought the horse out of the gallop and stopped as he looked up to look for the Vione and frustration built up as he saw it quite a distance away. "Even if I ride at a full gallop for 2 days, it'll still be too far away." He muttered, swinging down out of the saddle and laying Alex down. He lead the tired horse down to a stream and let him drink.

The young general looked around at the clearing they were in and sighed. Hearing rustling, he turned to see Alex sitting up slowly and looking around, the turned back to look up at the sky.

She stood up and walked over to them, a look of surprise on her face when she saw Dilandau holding her horse's reins. He hadn't noticed she was standing behind him yet, so she walked over and ran her hands over the horses back, which made him instantly lift his head and rub it against her shoulder.

"Where did you find Black Diamond?" She asked as she stroked her horse's neck.

"Actually, he found me." He said quietly as he handed her the reins. She pulled off the bridle and saddle and let the horse wander around.

"So, what are we going to do now?" She asked as she looked up at the sky, where the Vione used to be, but had now disappeared from sight.

"I guess we'll have to stay here tonight. We're far enough away from the place where the dragons-" He stopped quickly. "It's too dark to carry on, so we'll head for Zaibach's capital tomorrow." She looked over at him as she kneeled over her saddle and pulled her back pack off.

"Why should we head there?" She demanded.

"Because it's closest and I said we are." He snapped. She sighed and turned back to her bag. "I'll go track down something to eat." Dilandau muttered, walking away. She watched him leave then turned and started a fire.


~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~^ *~^~*^~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~< ;~<


When Dilandau returned with their dinner, he couldn't find Alex anywhere. He set down the kill by the fire she had roaring and looked around. "Her horse is still here, so she didn't leave." He started to walk through the woods, looking for her. "Then where is she?"

Pushing some branches of a large drooping tree out of the way, he found a small lake with a beautiful waterfall. He looked down at the sand on the edge of the lake and was shocked to find Alex's clothes neatly folded on a rock and her sword still clipped onto her belt with the belt draped over a nearby tree branch. "I-if her clothes are right here..." *anime sweatdrop* "...then that means that she's..." He slowly looked out into the middle of the lake and saw...

Dilandau pulled back quickly, blushing furiously. He shook his head and walked back to the clearing.


~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~^ *~^~*^~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~< ;~<


Soon Alex came back, drying her wet hair. She entered the clearing and saw Dilandau had already cooked the meat. He looked up at the sound of her coming in and quickly looked away, a deep blush spreading across his face. She sat down on the other side of the fire across from him and took a piece of meat.

"There's a nice lake a little distance away from here. It's perfect for washing up in. I just did." She said, shaking her hair back. This caused Dilandau's blush to increase even more. He then looked at her suspiciously.

"Why are you in such a good mood all of a sudden? Why aren't you tossing insults at me like usual?" She looked over at him.

"Why are you blushing?" Alex retaliated. He jumped, then nervously bit his lower lip tightly.
"What are you talking about?" She pointed to him.

"You're blushing." He looked away.

"N-no I'm not. What do I have to blush about?"

"Well, you blush everytime I mention the lake." His face went redder then his eyes. "See?! You're doing it again!" She frowned for a moment, then shrugged. "Oh well. I'm sure I don't even want to know." Alex then turned back to the fire and Dilandau sighed with relief. *If she found out that I saw her, she'd have my head on a platinum platter.*



~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~^ *~^~*^~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~< ;~<


*4~hours~later*

Alex stirred and sat up, stretching. She looked over to where Dilandau had been sitting when she fell asleep and saw he wasn't there anymore. Looking up at the sky, she saw that it was the middle of the night. Alex couldn't see Dilandau anywhere, so she stood up. She walked over to the lake and climbed up the cliff beside the waterfall. She sat down on the edge and hung her legs over the edge, looking over the woods.

"Couldn't sleep either?" A voice said behind her. She turned and saw Dilandau standing behind her. She quickly stood up and brushed herself off.

"No. I take it you went exploring as well?"

"Yeah. Your horse has taken off somewhere, you know."

"He stays in earshot at all times and all I have to do to call him is whistle. He's fine by himself." Dilandau looked down at her.

"You seem nervous about something." She rubbed her arm, looking down at the ground.

"I-I had a strange dream." She explained quietly, sounding almost ashamed about it.

"What do you mean strange?"

"Well..." She trailed off and looked away. "It's the same dream that I've been having since I was first taken from my home by Zaibach. There's this boy, about 15, standing in front of me, half turned and looking over his shoulder at me. He looks like the boy you were battling on the Vione in the last battle, with his slightly tousled raven black hair.

"The only difference is he has these piercing ice blue eyes. He also has a crossbow over his shoulder. The entire time he just, stands there, staring at me. His eyes, they, they seem so, I don't know, it's just something about them. It gives me a chill. They seem powerful, yet pained, as if they are in need of help, but have too much pride to ask for it." She shuddered and rubbed her arms as if she were trying to warm them up.

Suddenly they heard a shrill whinny and an answering roar. "Oh no!! Black Diamond!!" Alex gasped, and slid down the side of the cliff, then took off into the woods. She looked behind her and saw that Dilandau was right behind her.

Turning back, she saw Diamond in a clearing backing up quickly and rearing at something every few minutes. At a closer distance, she saw it was a dragon at least ten feet taller then her. It would snap it's jaws and strike out at Diamond, who was backing up quickly.

She drew her sword and ran at the dragon. It turned and saw her as she jumped up and pointed the sword straight down towards it's back. But she had forgotten about the tail and Dilandau watched in shock as the dragon quickly twisted it's tail around her, holding her there tightly. She struggled to get loose but failed.

Alex gasped as her sword slipped from her hand and clattered to the ground. She then looked behind her and gasped again, then looked over at Dilandau. "Dilandau!! This dragon's got two tails!!" Dilandau was surprised.

"Two tails?" He hissed. "Well, I don't care if he has two tails or four." Dilandau slowly pulled out his sword so as not to attract the dragon's attention.

"Black Diamond! Get out of here!!" The horse couldn't move from where the dragon had cornered it. Alex shut her eyes tightly. "Black Diamond, come on!! Get out of here!!" She heard Dilandau charge and the dragon's other tail whipped out. She opened her eyes to see Dilandau beside her. "I told you these dragons wern't normal." She said with annoyance in her voice. She gasped in pain, then turned back to Diamond. "Black Diamond, we have no choice. We'll have to have you transform and beat the dragon on your own!" Dilandau looked over at her.

"What do you mean transform?!" She didn't respond to him, just kept on staring at the horse. Dilandau looked at Black Diamond in time to see an amazing sight. Black Diamond tossed his magificent head and Dilandau watched in shock as an elegant horn appeared just below his forlock and ebony wings unfurled from his back. "What in the Gods creation?!"

Black Diamond faced the dragon and took to the air so he was above the dragon. The huge reptile watched him, tightening his grip on Dilandau and Alex, causing her to gasp in pain again as her lungs were aching like mad. Dilandau had his arms free and struck at the tail with his sword, but couldn't cut through the steel-like scales.

He looked up at Black Diamond and watched as a large glow started to shine on his horn, the dragon hissed loudly, and a large, white-hot beam of light came out of his horn and shot down to the dragon, hitting him in the head. Alex closed her eyes and Dilandau watched as the dragon started to twist in pain, then exploded.

Dilandau fell to the ground, quickly stood up and caught Alex in his arms. They were both covered in the dragon's blood, Alex spit out some of the blue-green blood and Dilandau shook his head, sending the blood in his hair flying. Alex stood and whistled loudly, calling down Diamond. He landed beside her and looked over at Dilandau. Dilandau stared at him in shock, then looked at Alex.

"Back in my village, when we discovered the dragons, we also found some of these unicorns. They are the only living things that can beat these dragons." Alex explained. Dilandau studied Diamond and ran his hand down the mystical horse's neck. He then noticed a midnight-black jewel hanging on a thin chain draped over his horn. A few minutes later, his wings and horn disappeared.
Alex looked herself over and shuddered. "I'm gonna go wash this stuff off." She muttered. Dilandau watched her leave, then sat down by the fire, watched Diamond wander off, and stared into the fire while waiting for Alex to return.







A/N: i got the idea of what she should dream from a dream i had myself. the only difference between her dream and my dream was in my dream, the guy was bare-chested!!