Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Burn it Black ❯ Innocense ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Burn it Black

Chapter 3: Inocencia

Disclaimer: I do not own anything of escaflowne, including the guymelefs, the characters and the countries, except for artemis and the rest of the parnassus'. I won the story and I adapt the idea of having a he said she said thing. I don't own the title, as it belongs to Injected and their record label.

A/N: Well, it has been a month hasn't it? Well, this time it's in the perspective of Dilandau. Events occur after the last chapter to avoid confusion. sorrie if Dilly seems a bit OOC as this fic does have its flaws but just live with that! In my opinion, he does seem better like a normal dude yet we all still love him as that insane guy on esca who tries to kill everyone and seems kinda attracted to Van! (sorrie, i just had to break it to ya!)

::Dilandau::

I glanced at Aurélie one last time before Folken carried her out of my chambers. I saw the rage in her amethyst eyes as she met my garnet ones. I noticed her face for once and noticed the beauty of it, even with those servant clothes on. No, I can't focus on some servant! I must plan on how to destroy Van and that backwoods country of his, I thought. It was true. I would never let anything get in the way of my destruction of Fanelia, especially some girl I could care less about. With that, I changed into something that was cleaner than my armour.


"Get up!" I looked down at Gatti, who was sleeping on a chair, his arms crossed. When he heard my sudden cry, he bolted up from the fine chair and ran out the room to bring the other dragon slayers with him for finner. Gatti was always ready to comply.

I heard footsteps come closer to me and knew it was them. Finally, when they had all gathered around me, they followed me towards the kitchens.

We entered the dining room, with its grand black walls, marble dining table and silk chairs. Though the overall look of the dining room lacked character, I felt comfortable and was used to the design. A large window showing a breathtaking view of the Ispanian skies was behind the marble table, giving a refined ray of light to the table.

All the servants entered and bowed down to us--actually me--, never metting my intimidating garnet eyes. The dragon slayers and I took seats towards the end of the table as Folken and the Generals of Zaibach would be joining us shortly and taking the seats at the head of the table.

I glanced at the servants who would be preparing our dinner tonight and my eyes fell upon Aurélie. She caught my gaze and quickly stared back down at the floor, walking back to the kitchen. Though she hated me, I thought she was quite lovely. Even in that skirt and that ruffled shirt I still saw the beauty-what am I thinking?-I couldn't admire some inferior servant at all yet I felt drawn to her somehow, wanting to protect her from something. I broke the gaze of emptiness and back at the table.

As the remaining servants went back to the kitchens, Folken or Strategos Folken to me and the Generals of Zaibach walked in defiantly, as everyone bowed. Even me.

The servant from the kitchen came back to our table, carrying various types food of with them. They all seemed delicious and I saw Aurélie again bringing Gatti's dinner, who was sitting on my left side. Folken looked me in the eye, then quickly at Aurélie who seemed oblivious to this. From this, I remembered my formal apology I had to address to her and silently cursed.

The servants quickly finished giving the food to the remaining people and I knew now would be a good time to deliver my apology to Aurélie. I gently hit the glass goblet with my spoon to gather everyone's attention. I stood up.

"Good evening Strategos Folken, the Generals of Zaibach and my dragon slayers," I said, eyeing everyone in the room. I continued, "Earlier this evening, I heedlessly assaulted a young slave unfairly. I lost her trust and respect in me as her master and prevented any friendship between us. I apologize to Aurélie for misbehaving and acting recklessly towards her. I'm asking for you, Aurélie," I said, looking into her amethyst eyes, "to accept my apology and embark on a fresh start. So do you accept my apology?" Good. My damned apology to that paltry girl was over. Everyone looked at me oddly at first, surprised that I managed to make this apology sincere for the first time and they were disgusted at the fact that I almost hit her. Aurélie nodded for her acceptance of my apology and curtsied. I noticed her slightly flayed cheek which she probably received when I slapped her in the emporium. She deserved it, I thought. Everyone clapped and I was relieved that my apology was finally over.


After dinner, Folken congratulated me one my first sincere apology. After all, I'm not famous for making sincere apologies.

I walked into my room to change into loose clothes for sleeping. As I opened the door, I saw Aurélie there, with her broomstick and dustpan. She looked quite innocent, compared to what she was doing earlier this morning.

As I walked towards her, she turned around and looked down at the floor, suspecting it was me. She curtsied and thanked me for apologizing to her. I bent down and I lifted her delicate head up with her chin in my hand. I looked into her sultry eyes and said, "Where are you from? I've never seen you since earlier today in Ispano yet I know I saw you before."

Aurélie was looking down to the floor before she answered. No doubt was she petrified. "I'm afraid I've never met you before today either. I'm from Ispano and my family name is..." she paused for a moment as if she had forgotten who she was. "...Almanza. My real name is...Isabella Almanza," she finished. Isabella Almanza. What a beautiful name I thought. I let go of her and walked back into the washroom, to get ready for the next day...

A/N: well, that's another chapter of burn it balck for ya! yeah, i'm slowly losing my writing style but i'm still havin fun! plus, itz practically summer vaca and I have tons of time to think about writing! I'm still kinda having trouble finding a situation for artemisia and dilandau to get together but I'm gonna try to figure out one! well ciao and have a nice summer!

shiro*tenshi