Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Burn it Black ❯ Death ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Burn it Black-Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I do not own anything of escaflowne, including the guymelefs, the characters and the countries, except for artemis and the rest of the parnassus'. I own the story and I adopted the idea of having a he said she said thing. I don't own the title, as it belongs to Injected and their record label.

A/N: Well, it has been a month hasn't it? Well, this time it's in the perspective of Dilandau. sorrie if Dilly seems a bit OOC (i'm serious, him falling in luv wif a gurl?) in dis chappie! I also made them go to Ispano too went they went to go attack fanelia. they start to find luv and they each begin to understand each other's disposition and Dilandau starts getting close to Artemis when he saves her!

::Artemisia::

I woke up early in the morning as I heard guymelefs drifting off the Vione. I looked on as I knew not all of them would come back. A tear cascaded down my cheek as I knew they were headed straight for Fanelia, to destroy it as well as its royal and citizens. I withdrew from the window as the clatter from the guymelefs left the Vione.


Later that day, I took the post from the foyer to deliver it. I walked to Lord Dilandau and Strategos Folken's rooms as they were for them. I read over them trying to see if any of them were of any importance to me, although I wasn't supposed to.

As I reached Dilandau's room, I dropped my jaw and fell to the floor. One of the messages was for Strategos Folken regarding my family:

Dear Strategos Folken,

With the uprise of tragic and horrific events we as a country have seen, we are sorry to inform you that we have seen the worst. The only person who could have aided us in this war has died at this moon at the first quarter. Lord Miguel Parnassus has died with wounds to the neck, stomach and left wrist. We found his body in the river with three open slits on the neck, a large one on the stomach and a large cut on the wrist. No one was in the boat and he could have committed suicide. A sickle was found on the boat tainted with blood. Dornkirk is asking for you to come and help investigate on this case. Lord Miguel Parnassus left behind his wife and two children. One of his two children is a young boy at the age of ten by the name of Rodrigo Parnassus and the other is the missing Lady Artemisia Parnassus whom we intend to find. He is reunited with his daughter Evangelina Parnassus who died two years ago. We are deeply sorry that Zaibach and Ispano's best assassin has died at the age of fifty-four.

Sincerely,

Lord Alejandro Hernandez

I tried brushing away the tears in my eyes because they dripped on the parchment. With this, I knew Folken would suspect that I had peaked at the letter, yet it didn't matter. Nothing mattered right now. I dumped Dilandau's messages on his bed and ran to Folken's laboratory, knowing he had to be there. I opened the door and walked in.

"Here, Strategos Folken. I'm deeply sorry," I said. I knew he would find out that I had read the message. I was going to find out anyhow and it does concern my family, so did it really matter? I saw his expression as he read it with surprise, then sorrow, then anger.

He asked, "Why is this wet? It didn't rain today," he said with disgust of the event. With that, I began to leave, yet he took my arm and drew me closer to him.

"I'm sorry, Strategos Folken! I did read the letter, yet it was out of pure curiosity!"

"That's fine. Tell me, Aurélie what is your real name?"

"It's Isabella Allende, Strategos Folken. I'm of no importance right now, I have to finish my chores,"

"Allende...that's an Ispanian name. The Allende were colleagues of the Parnassus's. They found the victims for the Parnassus' and helped carry them out when they could," said Folken, his voice dripping with boldness.

At this point, his words made me cry so much from my lies that I nearly confessed. "Yes, Strategos, I am an Allende, a colleague of the Parnassus'." Secretly, I hated the Allende's. They were like our rivals yet shielded their jealousy with their aid. Sierra was the older sister of Christabelle. Christabelle was the youngest daughter and the one whom everyone believe killed my older sister considering they both loved the same man, Folken. However, I believed she hadn't considering they were friends before they saw Folken. Christabelle disappeared after the death of Evangelina. They hated us too and would take our place at any given moment.

"No you're not. The exact hour we found you was when the Parnassus' reported their missing daughter. I've met both families and to be quite honest, you look more like a Parnassus' than an Allendes."

"Stop, what are you doing, that's a cut!" I lied.

He took my arm and undid the binding on my forearm, as I tried to take his hands away from my arm without any success. He let go and behind the binding was the blue-eyed sparrow. "I'm terribly sorry...Artemisia." at this point, I was bawling as the truth unleashed itself from his words.

Folken put the message down and said, "I know how hard it is to lose your family. I lost mine when I tried to defeat that dragon.

"If you'd like, I won't tell anyone, unless of course, you don't want to be a servant anymore," he finished.

"I'm fine! I can make this on my own! Besides, someone is going to kill me if I leave this place!"

With that last statement, I bowed down at Folken and left the room.


Later today, I came out to the port of the Vione to watch the dragon slayers return. I knew they had burned Fanelia to bits, from Dilandau's evil cackle that echoed horribly in my mind. As I had guessed earlier, not all the dragon slayers returned. Dilandau came out of the Alseides and began jumping towards us. I admit, sometimes he could act like a complete moron. He walked through the foyer and gave this huge explanation about how he burned Fanelia. When Folken came in, it was only then that he stopped and went back to the entrance. Folken motioned to me to see what they were going to do and if I could help the injured. Still remembering my present status, I followed suit.

The sun was bright and burning my eyes as I walked out. Most looked hurt and compared to Dilandau, they seemed like they had their energy sucked out from them. I saw Gatti's cut arm, the healers around him and immediately went to wrap it up. As I finished wrapping his arm in the bandage, I saw a light catch my eye. It wasn't bright like the sun but more opaque and similar to moonlight. Apparently, everyone else noticed it as well. A body of a dragon emerged from the moonlight and everyone seemed to think it was just another dragon. I thought otherwise. As it came closer to view, I could make out the details and found that it was a mechanical dragon! Similar to the white dragon, its drag-energist shown brightly, yet it was black as hell.

As everyone noticed this, they began to run as arrows flew out from the sky! They seemed to be directed at me! One arrow shot from afar came speeding towards my chest and I caught it. Dilandau, looking slightly worried that I could have died ran over and caught me before another arrow was shot into the sunlit sky, just grazing my neck. He took me back into the Vione.

"Are you all right?" asked Dilandau, sounding more bona fide than I ever imagined he could be.

"I'm fine," I replied, though small drips of blood poured from the wound.

"Your neck is bleeding!"

"I said I was fine."

He seemed challenged by my response.

"I should take you to the infirmary!" He pulled me to me feet and took me to the main hall.

I pulled him away, "I'm fine, I can go there by myself, Lord Dilandau."

Surprisingly, he stood by my side. "How did you catch that arrow?"

"I don't think that's very important."

With my last response, he eyed me oddly, possibly believing that I didn't have the strength nor the reflexes to catch the arrow. It's a pity he doesn't know my true identity, I thought with the sudden urge to tell him that. After all, with a Parnassus on Zaibach's side, it would surely help them win the Great War.


A/N2: I'm listening to techno! go me! pump those gino beats! ppl used to call me gina! lol! well that's it! holy crap! guess wot? my comp got like two viruses and it screwed the whole thing up! it only stayed on for like 45 min. then it crashed! then my cousin fixed sum of it by deleteing the whole hard drive (including this) cuz he had to and reinstalled windows. then, the comp only stayed on for like 10 min at the most and this really pissed me off! i got it back on the 8th from the comp shop! yay! it only costed 60 bux! That weekend, me and my sis downloaded kazaa, netscape, (the newest version, 7.0! soz the composer's much better!) mp3 converter, media player and everything! now we haf all or programs back! yay!

A/N3: omg! i was so nervous today! my dance class had our first recital type thing! we performed in front of the gr.11's and 12's for the rememberance day assembly wif the other class! i felt so nervous! i was like shaking! the whole audience hushed when we did our dance and i screwed up the placement, again! i remember way back when in gr. 7 i screwed up the timing! then we all did our ending and we all didn't noe wen to start! no really noticed my placement problem! my dance teacher always pushes me into place cuz i'm the littlest dancer in the class!