Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Escaflowne: Breach of Faith ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Vision of Escaflowne: Breach of Faith
Part 2
By: Amataru Arcus
Romance/Angst
Warnings: I do not own Escaflowne or the characters. I just use them in the way I want. If you don't like the way I use `em, tell me. I'll take it into thought. I also have no skill in spelling. I have a third grade spelling level. Not even my spell checker can help me. You've been warned...
Author Note: This takes place thirteen years after the last episode. If you haven't watched the whole series, I warn you there are spoilers. I suggest watching them all first, or at least learning what happens in the end.
______________________________

"Van-sama, everything is ready for tomorrow. And as you have asked, Alan Schezar is here to see you," an attendant said after he came into Van's chambers.
"Good, send him in."
"My, King," he bowed then walked out the door.
Van poured some drinks for the two and set them on a table and sat down.
"Van Fanel." Alan walked in.
"Alan Schezar," the two bowed to each other.
"Sit, have a drink."
"Thank you," he accepted the chair and the glass.
"You said something in your letter that surprised me, Alan..." Van stared deep into Alan's blue eyes.
"And that was...?"
"That statement about her..."
"You can't, or won't, even say her name?! Van, what I said was true! You'll never love anyone besides Hitomi-"
"You're wrong. I love Jennifer. I didn't ask you here to argue. I wanted to tell you I hold no grudges against you."
"Van, I know that."
"And I wanted you to be fully aware that this marriage isn't just about the people-"
"So you do admit that this marriage is *based* on Fanelia?"
"No... Yes... But I do love Jennifer. She's got away about her that I love." Van started to fiddle with his chain around his neck.
"Oh? What about Hitomi? Was she just a teenage fling then? Or just a first love? Long distance relationships never work do they, Van?"
"It wasn't that! It was more!" he stood up and slammed his hands on the small table.
"It's just an inconvenience, then, to love her?" Alan sat sitting coolly with his legs crossed taking sips from his drink.
"No!" he flung a hand to the side in protest. "I don't love her anymore!"
"Then what's around your neck?"
Van looked down to see Hitomi's pendant hanging free from it's hiding place under his shirt. "It's nothing..." he put it back.
"That was Hitomi's charm."
Van narrowed his eyes at Alan and glared back. "So what am I suppose to do, Alan? You're so good in the love area. Tell me, should I let my kingdom be sovereign-free, let the people have fear of loosing a ruler and not have a replacement? Am I suppose to sleep with no one by me? Am I to die an old man alone in bed? I can't love what's not here! Don't you see I have to let go of Hitomi! For the good of my people *and* my self!"
"You can always adopt a child and raise it-"
"Alone. I'll always be alone. I don't want to be alone any more Alan..." a dark shadow fell over his eyes as they filled with tears. "Hitomi's dead. She died the day she left." he grabbed the chain and yanked and broke it off. As the pendant swung from his fingers he chanted over and over, "Hitomi's dead."
"Van!!"
_____________________________

"Merle are you sure?" Hitomi whispered. Merle had dressed her up in a maids outfit and was pushing a tray of food.
"The guards won't let anyone in with out the permission from Van-sama. They'll let me in no problem but this way they'll let you in too!"
"Yes, but why do I have to wear one that reveals so much?" she pointed to the maids outfit that was two sizes too small.
"Ah! Van-sama will like it! Common and quiet!" they walked further down the hallway when they heard Van shout out loud.
"Hitomi's DEAD!!"
"We'd better hurry Hito-" she looked back and saw Hitomi just standing there with a frozen look on her face. "Hitomi?" she waved her hand in front of her face, no response. "Hito...mi??" Hitomi went limp and fell to the floor. "Hitomi?! Hitomi?!" she crouched down to hear her heart but there was no sound. "Hitomi!" she slapped her calling her name again and again but there was no response.
"Merle, what's wrong?" a guard ran up to her.
"Hitomi-Hitomi's heart stopped!!" tears filled her eyes.
"What?! Isn't that who King Van called-?"
"Don't just stand there get help!! Her hearts not beating!" she repeated turning her attention back to Hitomi. "Snap out of if! Hitomi! HITOMI!!"
________________________________

"Van, don't say things like that!"
"It's the only way to get her out of my mind Alan... The only way... To picture her... dead on a floor somewhere... unconscious... dead-" Van snapped out of his trance from looking at the pendant which had stopped swinging.
"Don't you remember what wishes and visions do-"
"HITOMI!!"
"Wha-That's Merle!" Van looked at the pendant but didn't give a second thought to it as he placed it around his neck and ran out the door. There he was surprised to see Merle pressing on a maids chest. "Merle, what's wrong..." Just as he imagined, there was Hitomi sprawled out on the ground, dead. The color drained from her face and her pupils dilated. "No... no... I was only trying to... No... NO! Hitomi!" he pushed Merle aside and started CPR. "Please Hitomi... don't die... please.... please..... please...... please.... please," he pressed forcing his hands down again and again with the rhythm of his heart but she didn't respond. She just laid there. "Hitomi... wake... up...... please... This.... is not.... the.... place.....for.....you....... to die....... please..... for..... you....... to die.... Please..... please Hitomi.... I love you...... I love you..... Hitomi! Please!" he cried out in desperation. He had wished for his true loves death and he received it. The one wish he had made came true. Out of all of the wishes he had made, this was the one to come true, the one for his love to die. "HITOMI!!!!" Tears poured down from his face mixed with sweat and dripped onto Hitomi's open mouth. "I love you!!" he gave one last push and Hitomi blinked her eyes and coughed.
"Hitomi... Hitomi!" Van pulled her close to his drenched body and embraced her fearing she'd slip away. "Hitomi..."
"Van... I-" she looked up and saw a pair of red eyes staring down at her. "I'm fine Van." she tried to pull away from him but he wouldn't let go.
"Don't leave me Hitomi. Never leave me."
"But Van.... You're-You're-"
"Getting married tomorrow."
Van snapped his eyes to attention. "Jennifer-!" he spun around to see her arms gripping at her chest, her blood red eyes where now blue and filled with tears. "Jennifer let me explain something first-"
"I knew it King Van... You never loved me... My brother... tried to warning me that you where only after an heir and land. I love you King Van... and I hopped you loved me too... I see I was wrong..." she spun around and ran down the hall way sobbing.
"Wait Jennifer!" Van stood up to go after her but remembered Hitomi and looked back at her.
"Thank you Van, for saving my life. But... I understand. Life moves on even when we don't so... I just wanted to say congratulations... and I hope... you are happy." she stood up and bowed to him. "Merle, I'm going to my room. Well Van... I think you'd better go catch your run away bride," she smiled though it hurt her deep inside and Van was oblivious to it. He smiled in return and raced down the hall after Jennifer.
"Are you okay miss?"
"Yes. I'm fine... I just need to lye down. Merle... I don't remember how to get to my room... can you show me?"
Merle looked at her confused but nodded.
_____________________________