Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Escaflowne: Breach of Faith ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Vision of Escaflowne: Breach of Faith

Part 8

By: Amataru Arcus

Romance/Angst

Warnings: I do not own Escaflowne or the characters. I just use them in the way I want. If you don't like the way I use 'em, tell me. I'll take it into thought. Also... I cannot spell.

Author Note: Oh my goodness!! I can't believe I haven't finished this yet!!! I am sooooo completely sorry for those who have been at the edge of your seats and I haven't done what a writer is suppose to do!! Write! Well… To make a long story short I started college just after I started this and I was majoring in Screen Writing sooo I was too busy to write fan fics… Then I switched my major and moved 1000's of miles from home and now I'm in a film program. I'm going to try my hardest to get this fan fic finished. If I fail class and never get sleep then so be it! I swear to all my readers that I will finish this as soon as possible!! So anyway… Like usual. *Read*, REPLY, Enjoy!

___________________________

"Merle… Merle…" Van sat besides the hospital bed holding Merle's cold stiff hand in his own. His eyes where swollen with grief and his cloths where soaked with blood and tears. Just minutes before she had been standing with him breathing and alive, but now… He couldn't accept it. It couldn't be real. He was having another one of his dreams. Everything couldn't have turned out this bad. It couldn't have! "Merle! Merle! Wake up!!" he threw himself on top of her and held her in his arms.

"Your majesty! Please…" the head nurse Melody came over unsure if she should touch him and pull him away from the dead patient. "She's gone… You must come to realize it…"

"No… she can't be dead… I need her… She's always been with me…" he slowly let her go and looked at her drained face. "Merle…" more tears fell from his eyes as he slumped back into his chair placing his hands over his eyes.

"How can I go on with out the two of them? How? The two people I love the most… We started off as enemies… She hated me because of who I was… I hated her for the same reason…" his hands balled into fists pressing against his eye sockets. "We always teased each other… always… We grew close because of it… but we never told each other… O-ne day… she teased that I couldn't fly… that I was a freak in the family and that's why my father didn't pay much attention to me… It hurt! She knew exactly how I felt! What I was thinking! So to prove her wrong… I climbed up on the highest roof I could… Merle followed after pegging me not to… I had to show more then her I wasn't a freak… I had to show my father and my brother…" a flood of memories pored into his mind and the nurse stood by listening unsure and afraid of what to do or say.

"She was my first love!! I loved her… I truly did! And I knew she loved me too, but we never told each other… I know how much it hurt her that I loved someone else… but still… I didn't tell her how I felt about her… I never did… I was too damn afraid that I would throw more shame on my family's name…" Van shot up and stabbed the bed with his fists and looked down upon Merle. "I love you Merle! I love you!" still she didn't awaken. He hopped that she would but she was gone. He knew it… "Merle… oh, Merle… I'm sorry I was so blind…" he leaned over he kissed her pale lips. "I'm not going to be anymore… I'll take your advice… I'll tell Hitomi how I feel… how I've always felt… Thank you…" he looked at her one last time and stood up straight and turned to Melody.

"Please… get her ready for her funeral. She will have a royal funeral so make sure she is treated like a princess. I want everything to be perfect for her. Tell the handlers to mend her dress. She never wanted to wear anything but that dress. Make sure she has the most decorative casket…"

"When will the funeral be?"

Van narrowed his eyes in thought. "I know Merle would want Hitomi to be there… So we'll wait till I get her back from that 'king'."

"But your majesty… A corpse can only sit so long even treated…"

"Then we'll wait as long as we can…"

"But-"

"That's final." Van looked at her and she bowed her head in agreement.

_______________________

"You mean you don't know anything about their kingdom?" Van shook his head not believing what he was hearing.

His head advisor hesitated, "At the time… we thought we knew everything; their trade patters, their family line, where they were, and even the kingdom's name. In reality we know nothing, and since we know nothing we can not even look in our record books."

"I think it's safe to assume that she was a sorcerer and had us all under a spell. Played with our minds a bit." the eldest advisor said squinting through his small round glasses at Van sitting up right in his tall chair at the head of the table.

"We need to ask our allying kingdoms for any information," Van said with a touch of frustration in his voice and his eyes.

"Sire… Forgive me for my sarcasm, but… what would we ask them exactly? Have they ever heard of this 'no name' kingdom that only exists in our minds?" Everyone at the table agreed silently with the small framed female sitting at the far end of the table. "Most of our soldiers are dead or close to it. I think we need to focus our attention on that matter. We can not do anything about 'King' Edwin at the moment."

Van shot a look at her that made her hair stand on end. "Hitomi has been captured and held prisoner at his mercy."

"I know that, sire. I mean nothing against the Lady Hitomi. I am just pointing out that we need protection. When word leeks out, which it spreads like wild fire, our opposing kingdoms will look at this as an opportunity to challenge us."

"Meredith is right, King Fanel. We need more forces." his advisor spoke up for her.

"I have spoken with Allen Schezar knight of Austeria and he has sent word to his comrades on this issue. At the moment we can just sit and wait for a reply. Right now we need to find a way to bring Hitomi back safely."

"I do not see any way we can. Not with out a lead on where Edwin is located. We will though keep a look out for any information on anything. Beings Lady Jennifer was a draconian, we will have our scholars look in the texts for any place where they might reside."

"For the time being… why don't you get some rest my lord."

Van looked around at everyone sitting at his council table. In each of their eyes was a hint of pity for the distraught king. They all knew what he had went though and was still going through. He had not taken a vacation for over ten years. No one voiced it but they all agreed that he needed one now. In only a few days he had looked ten years older than what he was. Lines appeared at the corners of his eyes, one of his formal dressers spread word that she had found three strands of gray hairs by his temple, he also seemed to be letting his whiskers grow out.

"I will be in my room. If any news arises, no matter how small, please send a messenger up to me." Van stood up slowly.

"Yes sire." they all bowed and watched as their weary king walked out of the room in a cloud of gloom.

________________________

Ama- Woo… that was short… So sorry… I think this was the accursed eight. It just wouldn't die. It just didn't want be finished. I had to end it so I ended it. Don't worry, I am continuing I just needed to get past this part… Oiy I wonder if anyone is reading this anymore… **Reply!! **