Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Love ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: This chapter has a slight, very very slight lime. Not enought for me to change the rating on the fic...yet :D

Chapter Five

Sunlight filtered through a crack in the closed curtains. The bedchamber slowly grew brighter as morning dawned.

One of the two figures on the bed opened his eyes. Red orbs linked away sleep, a confused look on his face. He stared at the other occupant of the bed.

Dilandau watched Celena sleep, her head pillowed against his naked chest. His fingers unconsciously brushed her golden locks. The night before seemed a blur of passion and self discover.

He wanted to hate her. Needed to hate her. Because of her, his soul had been trapped. Everything within him said he must loathe her; he must kill her.

He raised his hand, not to harm her, but to touch her. The fingertips of his hand brushed the flesh of her cheek lightly. A shudder passed through his body as he gazed at her sleeping form. She was truly beautiful, outside as well as in.

Thinking of the night before, his eyes darkened with passion and desire. It had been magnificent, like nothing he'd ever experienced before. She had been so lithe and graceful. Every movement of his had sparked a duplicate reaction in her.

Biting his lip until it bled, he shook his head. Such thoughts were dangerous. Especially when one was in the home of your enemy. His teeth ground together, thinking of those he knew as his enemies.

Celena's brother: Allen Schezar. Despite his 'feelings' for her, Dilandau knew that her brother was a major obstacle. The Knight of Cali had prevented his/Celena's death. But know that they were two separate beings, what would Schezar do?"

That left his worst and most hated enemy. Van Fanel, King of Fanelia. He ground his teeth in bitter hatred, his body shaking in rage at the mere thought of the young King.

Celena mewed, snuggling closer to him. Dilandau blinked, the red haze of anger leaving him abruptly. He murmured nonsense to her, his fingers caressing her cheek softly. She finally subsided, lost once more in the realm of sleep.

Moving slowly away from her, Dilandau slipped out of bed. He couldn't be found here, no matter his desire (or hers) to stay. It was just too dangerous. Schezar could come any minute to check on his 'baby sister.'

Padding silently towards the end of the room, Dilandau opened the closet doors. Inside were two rows of clothing. The walk-in closet was approximately one hundred and fifty feet in depth. A row of clothing on each side; plus a shelf at the very end.

He frowned, going through the various garments. Narrowing his eyes, Dilandau snorted in disgust. Everything was women's attire. Not that he was surprised, but couldn't Celena have something that wasn't so…frilly?!

Just when he was about to leave and go scavenging somewhere else, he noticed a long box, half hidden by a bunch of robes. Pulling the box out, his eyes widened when he opened it.

Inside was his old Dragonslayers uniform. What did this mean, Celena keeping this? Surely Allen would be most displeased with his sister if he knew of its existence.

Pushing such disturbing thoughts away, he lifted the red uniform from the box; he smiled. It was in pristine condition. The tears had even been repaired. Stepping into the armor, Dilandau all but purred. It was like coming home.

'Finally something familiar,' he purred, running his hands over the material. Pleased, he pulled on the boots and stopped. Down in the bottom of the box was…his sword.

'Celena, why did you keep these?' he thought in confusion, his fingers running over the cold metal of the blade. Shaking his head, he sheathed the sword and buckled it around his waist. Exiting the closet, he stopped.

Celena still lay asleep. Her blonde hair fell in her eyes, her fingers clutching the pillow. The white sheet barely covered her. He bit his lip, watching as the sheet molded itself to her body. It highlighted her contours, sending a wave of desire through him.

Approaching the bed quietly, Dilandau pulled one of his gloves off and caressed her cheek with the tip of his finger. A soft purr escaped her lips, but she remained asleep. His red eyes sparkled, his lips twisting in mirth. He wondered just how far he could go before she woke up.

Deciding to test this, he slid his hand underneath the sheet covering her body. Feather-light touches cascaded over her body. Celena turned on her back, moaning slightly. She was lost in such a pleasant dream. She didn't want to wake up and abandon it for anything.

Smiling, Dilandau pulled the covers off her body and licked his lips. She was so exquisite. Leaning forward, his teeth grazed her nipples and she gasped in her sleep. Nibbling, he slid two fingers into her and began to stimulate her into climax. She screamed, her mouth opening and then shutting after a few moments. She mewed, whispering his name.

He smiled, pressing a kiss to her lips. She sighed and continued to sleep in utter contentment. Standing up, he washed his hands in the bathroom and replaced his gloves. Returning to the bedroom, he went to the desk. Taking out a piece of paper and pen, he wrote a quick letter, then folded it and placed it on the pillow next to Celena.

Looking down at her, he pressed his lips to hers once more. "Till we meet again, my love." He turned swiftly, sneaking out the bedroom door. Looking around, he was pleased to note no one was around. Someone would be coming to wake her soon and now was the ideal time to escape.

Gliding through the corridors, he found himself once again in the hangar. His red eyes narrowed, taking in everything. He smiled in delight at the sight of Alseides. His trusted Guymelef. He stopped abruptly, hiding behind a stack of crates.

Two guards stood at attention, guarding the red mecha. A snarl fell across his lips. That asshole must have sent these two to keep Celena away from the mecha. 'They may have kept her away but not me.'

Feeling the rush of bloodlust fill his veins, he attacked without a seconds thought. Drawing his blade, he cut the first man down before they even knew what was happening. He smirked, toying with the second.

The fear on the man's face was almost palatable. Dilandau could taste it and he relished in the sensation. He sidestepped the guard's lunge and came up behind the man. Placing the edge of his blade at the man's throat, he purred. "How does it feel to know you're about to die?"

The man never answered as Dilandau slid the blade across his throat. Eyes glinting at the sight of blood, Dilandau looked up. The cockpit to Alseides was open and waiting. Sheathing his sword, he jumped up and settled comfortably into the chair. The cockpit closed, encasing him completely. Taking the controls, he ignited the thrusters and headed out.

* * *

Opening her eyes, Celena yawned and stretched. For some reason she felt inexplicable good. Sore, but good. She turned her head to stroke his face and stopped. Dilandau was gone. She sat up quickly, and then winced. Her body ached all over. But it was a good kind of ache. She sighed, closing her eyes. She remembered everything, including that most wonderful dream.

It had been so real. His hands touching her; pleasuring her. She blushed a deep red, shivering. But why had he gone? Didn't he know it was dangerous for him? A tear slid down her cheek and she fought back the rest. He would be all right…he had to be…

Turning her head, she frowned as she saw a slip of paper on the pillow. Picking it up, she opened it and began to read.

My dearest Celena,

When you find this, I'll be gone. I cannot stay here, knowing my presence will put you in danger. You have changed me, but I am still the same I have always been. Do not hate me for that. I sense something brewing in the north. I must go to Zaibach and see what is afoot since my absence.

I will endeavor to return, but please do not wait for me. Find someone that can truly love you as you should be loved. You are the only one that has every truly cared about me, save for Jajuka. I fear, even should I return, that all your wishing and mine will come to nothing.

It was foolish of you to keep my things, but I am glad of it nonetheless. I am sorry if their loss disturbs you, but I felt I had no choice. I am an enemy here, and must remain armed. Again, I will try and return to you. You have shown me new ways of living and to believe in people.

Until we meet again, my sweet. Know that you hold my heart, and my soul, in your hands.

D.

Celena felt tears in her eyes as she clutched the letter to her heart. He was going back to Zaibach. She should have known that. She felt in her heart that his words were spoken truthfully.

She could feel him in her heart, even now. No matter what the future brought, they were together. His soul was with her and hers with him.