Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Forewarning ❯ Stage One-Deep Thoughts ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Forewarning"
Stage One-Deep Thought

How is it that life can be taken away in an instant, yet 9 months has to pass before life is introduced in this world? Is all of life that meaningless? Why drives people to murder their own kind? Is it rage, vengeance, or something I can't even begin to imagine? Why am I, Pai de Fanelia, hungering for the death of those who murdered my parents?
"Mother would never approve," Pai whispered, opening her emerald eyes to stare into the deep blue sky above her. Happy memories stirred as she looked beyond the dark storm clouds, and focused instead on the face of her mother. Those beautiful green eyes that had entranced her father from the moment he'd first laid eyes on them. How strange destiny was. That, a girl from the Mystic Moon could fall in love with a prince from another world all together.
Pai could recall her mother's sweet voice, telling her of how they'd met, and how amazing it was, that under such harsh circumstances, two individuals could still get lost in each other's eyes. Father would never allow himself to get carried away, as mother often did. He preferred to keep a cool attitude about the whole romance.
Smiling, Pai remembered one such occasion when he'd forgotten to put that mask, and she'd seen him laughing, dancing with his wife, unaware of the world's constant eye. How she wished she could relive those days...
But it was not to be. As she became of the sounds around her, reality closed back in, and Pai was not happy to be there. Reality was too real, and among the many reasons, it was hard to live in anyway. The wind blew across the courtyard, catching Pai's long black hair in it's caress. Sitting up, Pai looked across the scenery with a sense of dread. When this was all over, would she still be alive?
The cold marble against back sent a chill through her bones, as if warning her of future events. The future...her mother could predict it so well. But as soon as she returned to Gaea, she never touched her tarot cards again. If she received any visions, she had learned to hide them well. Pai had not shown any psychic ability, and she suspected her mother had been happy about it.

Note: That's as far as I got. I wasn't planning on writing it but c'est le vie!