Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Lone Soul ❯ Realizations ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Note: I'm currently writing this story for a contest, and am on a time limit, so expect this to be done soon. In fact, in about 7 days. So, if you're loving it, you're not going to have to wait long for the ending. ^_~ FYI: Dune is Folken-sama's real name, just in case you got confused!

*The song, "Sora," is beautiful, and I used some of the lyrics in this fic. I command you to go get movie soundtrack! It's wonderful! *ahem* Was there a point in this? Oh, yes! I don't own Escaflowne, no matter how many times I wish on those cursed dragon balls! *


Lone Soul: Realizations

"This world?"
"Forgive me. You are no longer on your Mystic Moon. You are in Gaea. A land very different from your own."
No matter how many times he repeated this, Hitomi would still have been confused. Staring at him, she recalled the words Folken had just said. "The...Mystic Moon? What do you-you mean, Earth, don't you?"
Now, it was Folken's turn to be confused. "Ear-Earth?"
"The planet where I'm from. It's Earth, not the Mystic Moon."
Nodding, Folken approached her and held out his hand. "Committed to memory, Tsubasa no Kami. May I show you around the Black Dragon Clan fortress?"
Hitomi swore she saw a devious look in his eyes, but agreed all the same. If he could explain what this...Tsubasa no Kami was, she'd go with him.

Van stood before the ancient armor in awe. It was a wonder they'd been able to load it up on the Abaharaki landship at all. But the coming of the Tsubasa no Kami had not happened. The Mystic Moon had appeared but the Goddess had not emerged from Escaflowne. It had remained the same since loading it up on the airship. And this frustrated Van to no end. If he couldn't work Escaflowne, how would he be able to kill his brother, Folken?
"Van."
He turned to find the smug Allen wearing that cynical smile he always carried when amused. "Staring at it is not going to make it come alive."
Van remained silent, tilting his head as he heard a faint voice. A singing voice.
The song seemed to get louder.

~Anata wa saisho no ryuu datta
Watashi no aisuru hito
Fa-ri no karikabu no ue kara

Watashi wa anata wo mite-itaIka ni utsushiku, mizu ga sono kuchibiru ni fureta koto ka
Ika ni anata ga, tatakai no ho saki ni kirameita koto ka

La la la la la la la la la...
Anata ga tobisatte kara
Watashi ni wa sora ga mienai~
Allen and Van looked at each other. A loud pounding sound caught their attention. The jewel on Escaflowne's chest was glowing. And beating. Escaflowne's heart. It was coming alive.

Hitomi was in awe. The Black Dragon Clan fortress was impressive, and yet comforting at the same time. She was getting used to Folken's silent presence by now. He walked quietly behind her, offering only explantations when she asked.
Someone was singing. Quite beautifully, Hitomi might add. It seemed to be a sad mournful song.
Folken smiled behind frozen Tsubasa no Kami, silently thinking that the destruction of Gaea was close at hand. If Sora's sad song was working, the girl would obey his every wish very soon.
A loud cracking sound ran through the air, and Folken turned it's way. If he had watched Hitomi instead, he would have noticed the small pink bauble that landed in her hands a moment later.
Hitomi stared down at the pink stone briefly before pocketing it. She felt it had to be protected, though she had no idea what "it" was. Instead, she investigated the mysterious voice that seemed to spellbind her. Just like Folken's eyes.
"Welcome, Tsubasa no Kami," An elf-like woman spoke, eyes softening in emotion as she looked to Hitomi. She stood on a floor of ancient dragon bones, that seemed to cast a sad look into her eyes.
"That song...," Hitomi whispered, feeling as if the song had been meant for her. "What does it mean?"
Folken spoke up, making Hitomi jump, since she'd forgotten he was there.
"You were the first dragon
My beloved
I've been watching you
From atop the fairy stump

How beautifully did the water touch those lips
How you shone at the spearhead of battle

La la la la la la la la la...
Because you flew away
The sky is unseen to me

Let's just sell this spinning-wheel
So everything will be illusion

My beloved
You were the first dragon."

Van grumbled to himself as he remembered how Escaflowne had disappeared before their very eyes. Allen had commented that the Tsubasa no Kami must have called for it.
He thought different. The Goddess of Wings was supposed to decide the future of Gaea. But the question was, which would she choose? Would the Goddess bring order to Gaea, or would she plunge it into chaos?
Dune. What was his plan? He'd been ordering his soldiers to destroy cities, people and basically all land he had on map. A few cities had remained, but Van suspected Folken's reign of destruction was not over yet.
Standing up, Van opened the wide window, and leapt.

A strange man wearing clothing similar to Folken's ran in the throne room, beads of sweat running down his face.
"Folken-sama! The Dragon has been spotted!"
The Black Dragon Clan leader stood, and an evil smile curled around his lips. "Bring me Dilandau, the impure dragonkin now."
Hitomi stepped away. So it was true. The evil look she had seen in his eyes had not been a flicker of light.
A young man that couldn't have been more than her age walked into the throne room with confidence. He wore clothes similar to Folken's, and he paused as he spotted Hitomi.
"We recruiting whores from the Far East now?" An invisible wave slammed through the air, and suddenly the young man was floating above the dragon-bones floor.
"Watch your tongue, Dilandau. You are in the presence of the Goddess of Wings. She has the power to make you vanish off the face of Gaea!"
Dilandau frantically nodded, muttering incoherent apologies. Folken abruptly dropped him to the floor without any warning.
"Now get going. Van is coming, and I want you to greet him."
"Van, you say?" Dilandau rubbed the side of his cheek, musing to himself as he thought of the many possibilities. "I am going to enjoy this," He add, laughing with glee as he launched himself out of the nearest window.
A pair of black wings exploded from his back a moment later, and Hitomi ran to the window. It couldn't have been, could it? But the black feathers falling through the air suggested otherwise.

~And yet more to come. So tell the truth, what'd you think? Should I continue or shall I end right here and leave everyone hanging? Review and tell me! ~