Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Love is Never Lost ❯ nightmares ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Vision of Escaflowne fanfic

Love is Never Lost

By: Atlantis Angel (Mary)

sunshine_babe27@hotmail.com

Somewhere located in the ruins of Zaibach.

"Excuse me my lord." A teenage voice calls out.

"What is it?" Another voice answers annoyed.

"The lady, the lady from the Mystic Moon, she has returned to Gaea."

"Perfect. Just perfect." He answers as he laughs evilly.

***

"Hey Merle!!!!!!" Shouts Hitomi. "Wait for me."

Hitomi catches up to her easily thanks to her track skills.

They walk silently through the halls of the gigantic castle. Every painting or statue or pillar they pass was a work of art. Hitomi just couldn't resist stopping and staring at the objects for a minute or so while Merle stood beside her and explained to her what it was all about. Which made the trip to the guestroom longer than expected. When they finally stopped in front of a door which was right next to Merle's room and three doors from Van's room according to Merle's explanation.

"This is where you'll be sleeping Hitomi." Says Merle while opening the door and walking inside. "Lord Van had it made just for you. He knew you would come back. He got the maids and I to decorate the room and fill the drawers and closet with clothing. Everything is perfect in this room… thanks to me of course."

Hitomi looked around the huge room. It was truly beautiful. The walls were painted beige with red flowers painted around the top edge of the walls. The floor was the softest of any carpet and it was colored the richest of red that she had ever seen. There was a huge dresser on one wall with a full-length mirror positioned right beside it. The dresser was already toppled with accessories, which she had guessed were perfumes and jewelry. On the wall was a beautiful painting of an angel soaring over the land with her wings spread out as far as they could go. A huge balcony lay outside the room. It over looked the beautiful castle gardens. Her eyes caught site of the huge bed. The covers were thick, red and big. There were pillows arranged all over the bed that made it look so comfortable that she just wanted to lie on it and never get up.

Merle walked over to the dresser and opened one of the very detailed drawers. She pulled out a long silk like piece of clothing and handed it to Hitomi.

"Here." She said. "This is your night gown I made it myself. It's green cause I thought that might match your eyes."

Hitomi just stared for a minute. She hugged Merle and said, "Thank you, for everything. Everything is just so beautiful and perfect. I love it."

"You're welcome." Says Merle. "I'm so happy your back."

"Me too." Replies Hitomi.

"I think maybe you should be getting some rest now it's getting really late." Suggests Merle.

"Alright." Says Hitomi.

"Don't forget to get up early tomorrow. We have a lot to catch up on." Says Merle while slipping out the door. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight"

Hitomi slips into her nightgown and carelessly threw her clothes on the ground. She climbs into the huge bed and without a word, falls asleep.

***

"King Van." A man calls out to Van right before he is able to open the door to his room.

"Yes Kami." Answers Van.

Kami was one of Van's closest advisor and friend. Van had met Kami after saving him from a burning building. Kami had lost everything in that fire. His house, his family and almost his life. Van felt so much sorrow for this man that he took him in. He had offered Kami a room in the castle to live in as long as he wanted. Kami and himself got along well and Van looked up to him, as a big brother even. Van took loads of advice from him and thought that it would only be fair if he had appointed him as his adviser. Van looked at his friend he reminded him so much of his brother, Folken. His hair was practically the same style except it was a purple color instead of blue and was long enough to put in a ponytail. His eyes were a hazel color and seemed bigger than Folken's eyes. But how could he compare anyone to his brother he knew no one could replace his brother.

"I wanted to discuss the matter of your 18th birthday." Says Kami.

"But-"responds Van.

" I am already aware of the fact that you do not wish to celebrate your birthday but I think we, your country, should be able to celebrate the birth of our King." Continues Kami. "I think it would be a great way to make up for the cancellation of the annual ball. We could invite royalty from all over Gaea. It could be a great social gathering."

"But the ballroom is under renovations. How exactly are we supposed to have a great social gathering if we have no place to gather?" Debates Van.

"But we do have a place to gather my lord." Says Kami. "The gardens are a great place. They are beautiful and big enough to hold as many guests as you wish. I already have drawn plans on where to put the musical orchestra and such."

"Even if I did give you permission you would never get this accomplished in two days."

"But I have already prepared the bulk of it. If only you would consider." Pleaded Kami.

"I will give you permission since you have already worked so hard and I don't want you to get disappointed." Says Van.

"Oh thank you your majesty." Says Kami while retreating into the darkness of the unlit hallways.

"Just don't forget to invite Allen Schezar, knight of Asturia and his sister Celena!" yells Van while watching the disappearing figure of Kami.

He was so tired from walking to the castle with Hitomi in his arms that he forgot everything and collapsed on the bed still wear he everyday clothes. He quickly drifted off to sleep only to drift into a nightmare.

NIGHTMARE

Van was sitting under a tree with Hitomi leaning against his chest. They were located in a small clearing covered with flowers. The clearing was surrounded by a maze of bushes, which grew beautiful flowers that filled the air with a sweet aroma. Van looked into the face of Hitomi who was resting on his chest. He placed his hand on her chin and pulled her up to look her in the eye. They stared into each other eyes for a moment, almost as if they were trying to pierce into each other's souls. Van looks around his surroundings and finds a beautiful flower. He plucks it from the ground and places it behind Hitomi's ear. He moves in closer never breaking his stare. Hitomi nervously laughs and walks away from him.

"Hey!" Laughs Van. "Get back here."

He follows Hitomi through the maze of bushes. Getting lost here or there. Suddenly everything goes dark. The beautiful maze of bushes turns into a never-ending twist of a dark, cold and evil corridor. He now follows Hitomi into a large room almost the size of one his palace training rooms. But this room was dark black and so was Hitomi's attire. She was wearing a long Fanalia style gown but it was colored black. Her hair was black also; she almost looked as if she came from hell. Hitomi stops in the middle of the room and spins around to face Van. Her eyes were no longer the emerald jewels that he loved to be captured into. Instead they were cold black rocks. Again everything goes dark but when he regained his sight Hitomi was staring down at him. She was standing over him. But there was something else bothering him other than that. There was something pressing at his well-built stomach. Then it finally hit him. Hitomi was standing over him with a sword to his stomach.

"Hitomi." Van pleaded while feeling the pressure of the sharp sword against his stomach. "What's going o-"

Van was cut short when the sword pierced through his stomach. Hitomi just stared coldly at him. How could she do such a thing? He thought. There was blood everywhere. He held his stomach in pain with the sword still stuck inside of him and Hitomi still driving it farther in.

"Hitomi, why?" He said before everything went dark.

END OF NIGHTMARE

"Why!!!!" Van woke with a start. His face was covered with sweat. "What a bizarre dream."