Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Robotia:City of Robots ❯ Blood ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Robotia-City of Robots: Part II
 
Chapter 2: Blood
 
Hitomi woke up in a sea of grass. She looked up. Dark sky…not a good sign. She was late, extremely late. She popped up and looked for the canisters. She found them next to the well. Then she remembered about what happened:
 
“Your wish is granted.” A mysterious voice echoed through her head, making her feel dizzy. “Wha…who said that?!” She cried out before blacking out…
 
 
“Who…what was that that just happened? Wait…I feel different! The spirit of the well has granted my wish! Oh yeah!” She pranced about then came back to get the cart then got on her way happily.
 
-The spirit of the well used to be a girl long time ago named Aurora. Her evil uncle pushed her down the well. She sought revenge. Since she was well natured, any “person” with a good soul was granted one wish when they dropped a coin down the well. One day, since her uncle heard about its magic, he too dropped coin down the well and made a wish.
“I would like my son to be successful in his trading business.” He said before the well.
Aurora's spirit thought for a second. She would not grant his wish for his heart was evil. Bu then again, his son's heart was very pure. So, she would grant his wish. But in turn, she would get her revenge, one way or another. A few weeks later, her uncle grew ill. He remained that way for the rest of his life. The spirit of the well continued to grant wishes for the next 300 years…-
 
When she reached the factory, robots were bustling about, packing packages and making parts. She squeezed her way through the crowd and reached the nuclear power chamber, then replaced the nuclear tanks. The power wouldn't be interrupted though because there were the backups. She walked down the long corridor and took the elevator to the top floor. She knocked on the door with the sign on the front titled “Office”.
 
“Come in.” a bleak voice said before returning to his work. Hitomi peaked in shyly and walked in. “Uh, hi master, I…er..” She studdered, nervous, before being interrupted:
 
“Why were you late! You aren't usually late! Stop slacking off robot, before I dismantle you!” Van said angry.
-He wasn't usually like this. He was depressed, deeply, because he was ashamed that he fell in love, with a robot. He knew he would never be able to share feelings with her, it, and he needed a break from it all. That's why he treated her with such disrespect. -
“I-I'm sorry, I just…”
“Sorry isn't enough! Next time, don't ever do this again, and maybe I can trust you again.”
“O-okay…” And she walked off. She felt a little dizzy, like she always did when he yelled at her, or when anyone else did it. But why couldn't she cry? She wasn't a robot any longer, ne? Or is it true, that wishes are only for humans? Why couldn't she…wait.
 
She had walked a long way from home. It was a field. Wasn't this the village? She'd heard about it, surely. But she'd never ventured out beyond the factory and the marketplace before, for she wasn't allowed to. What would master say about this? He would surely dismantle me the second I walk though that door. She felt dizzy again, but this time it was a stronger feeling. She fainted on the grass, tears running down her cheeks.
 
“Ugg…” She woke up, her head pounding furiously. “Must of hit my head to hard…” She looked around. This wasn't the plain. She was in someone's home. She was in a bed, a comfortable bed. She quickly got out of the room and looked around. “Hello? Anyone there?”
“Oh, hello there!” A friendly old lady was in the kitchen chopping up turnips with a knife. “I found you just sitting there, so I took it upon myself to help. Fine with you?”
“Oh just fine, thanks,” she said, although she really didn't want to be here.
“My grandson is going to visit today,” the old woman said. “He's a feisty fellow, so watch out for him okay?”
“Su-ure.”
The doorbell rang. “Oh the-ere he is!” She said, and rushed to the door with a huge smile on her face. `It must feel nice to have a family', Hitomi thought, smiling. The lady came back with a five-year-old boy in tow.
“Look Tommy,” the lady said. “Look who's visiting today?”
The little boy went up to Hitomi. “Hi there,” she said. “My name's Hitomi. What's yours?” Tommy replied “Tommy. I don't like you.” Then he grabbed her hand and bit her. `Ouch, that hurt' she thought as the boy let go. “Oh goodness, didn't I tell you not to do that!” The kind lady said, and tugged at his ear. “Go to your room young man.” Tommy trotted up wearily to his room, not saying a word.
“Are you okay?” she asked her. “I'm fine,” Hitomi replied. “No you're not. You're bleeding. Let me get something to wrap that up for you. Be back in a jiffy!” And she walked up the stairs.
 
`Bleeding?' she wondered. And sure enough, when she looked at her hand, it was bleeding.
 
But if I'm not a robot, and I don't feel any different, why am I bleeding?
 
A/N: Hehe…right now, I'm getting hyped over Hemisphere (sung by Maaya Sakamoto) Well, an update doesn't sound too bad right now…Van's act's so mean! But he's just depressed right now. And he's stuck with Hitomi forever…ha. And that's real blood. So how can she be a robot? Next chapter: Truth. Signing out: Shirente Fuerie 64/ Silente Faerie 64