Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Robotia:City of Robots ❯ Epliogue ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: SORRY! I took so long in putting this up. I was just thinking so hard on how to end it I spazzed out…-_- Oh well, please enjoy the epilogue as well as you have the entire story. Who knows? Maybe I might get another idea for a fanfic for Escaflowne, and then you'll be seeing more of me! I will also take fic requests, so feel free to request! Enjoi!!! Aurora (you haven't forgot about her, have you?) is back for a return concert!!! Oh yeah!
 
Robotia: Epilogue: All's Roses and Magical Stuff
 
Van woke up with a slight stir. He tiredly rubbed his eyes and stretched. Today, something felt strange, especially as his heart felt sore. He pondered for a moment, his mind still groggy, and then it all came back to him in a rushing stream. Pain pierced his heart anew and he began to weep. `Get a hold of yourself!' he ordered himself fiercely. `She's dead. You have to move on sooner or later! Please be strong…for Hitomi's sake. She wouldn't have wanted you to cry.' As soon as the thought of Hitomi came up in his head, he turned to his left. There, with all the pain it caused him was in fact the body of Hitomi. Gathering up all of his courage, even though his eyes were threatening to pour out tears, he stiffly walked over to her.
He gazed at her remorsefully. Even in death she was beautiful. Her lids were delicately shut, and a blue tinge coated her cheeks and lips. It had not yet spread across her whole face. That meant that he had not slept long indeed. Gingerly, he picked her up, putting out of his mind the fact that she was dead. He opened the backdoor in his office, which led to a secret passage to the outside. He shut the door behind him and embraced the brisk outdoors. It was cold out, and morning had just begun to peek its way through the clouds. He didn't have much time before the streets would be bustling once more. Surefooted, he darted across the meadow, which was crisp and wet with dew. He ran until he reached a well which was covered with ivy and roses. There, he sat her down. `She always loved nature, so this will be the perfect place for her to be buried.' Then he realized that he had forgotten to bring a shovel! `Oh well, even if I have to dig a ditch with my own bare hands, she will be buried at this very spot.'
Then he set to work. He pulled up some patches of grass in a mad frenzy. Once a good amount of land was cleared, he began to dig. He was able to unearth dirt which amounted to the size of a playing ball when a mysterious voice spoke in a powerful voice: “Halt.”
“Who-Who's there?” Van cried, thoroughly startled.
“I am Aurora, the spirit who protects and nourishes these fields.”
“I-I…did I do something wrong? I tell you, I did not mean to do anything to offend you, I was just...”
“Oh no! You have me mistaken. I am here to grant your wish!”
“My wish?”
“Yes, your wish. I died in this here well,” she said, indicating the well, and then continued. “…and ever since then, I have been granting the wishes of the pure-hearted.”
“Were you…the one who granted Hitomi's wish?”
“Why yes. Why are you asking?”
All of a sudden Van was filled with immense anger. `How dare she?! She was the one who…killed Hitomi! I would rather have her as a robot than dead right now!'
Almost if she had sensed his thoughts, Aurora spoke again, almost like singing a lullaby:
“Calm yourself, child. Make a wish. If you choose, you can have many riches. Or even, bring back a loved one!”
“A…loved one? I can bring back Hi-”
“Make the right choice. One that you can live with, and if so, choose it! Your wish is my command, for your heart is pure and deserving of something my power can grant.”
“I…”
Van thought. But the harder he thought, the more he wanted Hitomi back. They could have another chance…they could be together! His brows furrowed, and then he spoke his decision:
“I wish for Hitomi to be alive once more to be with me forever.”
Aurora then laughed a joyous and wondrous tune. She clapped.
“Mmm! I bid you congratulations, child. You do possess a heart of gold. You followed your heart.”
She waved her hands around zealously, the continued:
“I should tell you this. I did not grant your love's wish completely. When she was young as were you, she wished that she could make you happy. By dying, she did not make you happy. That is why I was granting your wish to see if you would make the right choice, and you did. Now, du-dum! The wish is done!”
Van suddenly heard a sharp groan. His head snapped around to see Hitomi struggling to get up. He rushed over to her side and pushed her down again.
“Hitomi, shh. Don't move.”
“And now I bid you adieu,” Aurora said, and then vanished into the air.
“Wh-what happened, Van?” Hitomi said quietly.
“You just got hurt, that's all. I'll bandage you up in my office, come on.”
He kissed her on the cheek, which caused them both to blush. He then picked her up and started walking back to the office. Hitomi turned back to see the well which was growing smaller with each step that Van took. She smiled, and turned back to the road, not without first whispering under her breath:
“Thank you. For everything….”
-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-< /i>
That's it! Hope you liked it! Review & tell me what you liked most about this story! I spent the most time and effort on this story and it is officially the best one I have ever written! Bye for now folks!
Thanx to luvdaggers, Chevonne, Anime Monkey, random girl, Missing White Wings 15, Inda, and tigger093061 for reviewing the last chapter. I especially want to thank Inda for being a dedicated reader and reviewing all the chapters! You are the best! Have a nice day everyone!! :D