Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Secrets

Chapter Seven

Explanations

An: This tells you what the compromise is but I'm not very happy with it. I personally think Dilandau has become way too OC for my liking and I don't think I can fix that. Anyways, if you don't know what "colours" are, read the AN from the last chapter. Shame on you for NOT reading them! I'm a hypocrite; I don't either. ^-~ Thank you Reviewers! You're all so nice.

*******

Allen watched as Celena rose from her chair with all the grace of a trained from birth noble of Asturia. He was already regretting what he had done. Dilandau followed her out of the door and into the hallway that led to the main hall, he looked lost in deep thought and a slight frown creased his forehead. He actually looked smart to Allen. He turned back to the papers on his desk.

"Where was I?" he muttered, "Oh yes, the Fanelia Trade Treaty." Glancing at his notes he continued, "Paragraph seven, condition three. Line four where you will see…red spots." He threw his head backwards against his chair back and groaned. He obviously wasn't going to get anything done in this moon.

Celena was having a slightly hard time keeping a straight face. As she was about to burst out in triumphant laughter, a thought struck her straight across the face.

"Dilandau, no one ever asked you but, are you in agreement with the compromise? Right now I'm feeling extremely horrid about not asking you before but are you?" she said quietly. It really was strange to her that Allen could say all of those terrible things about him without his ever retaliating. She looked at him as they continued walking down the hallway. He was rather handsome without that gash on his cheek.

"I think I would have said something if I had not been," he answered after some amount of thought. "But thanks, Celena. You really have done a lot for me and I don't think that even if I wanted to, I couldn't get away from you or your brother."

"So you don't mind having to stay here for the next six colours?"

"I don't really have anywhere else to stay and the company can't be that bad. After all, I've been living with it for the past two years," he joked. It amazed him that he actually was able to joke after everything he had been through but talking with Celena was different from talking with anyone else. She knew him and she was just easy to talk to.

"Therefore, you'll stay?"

"Summarily, yes."

The next six colours in Schezar Manor. Well, there were worse alternatives. He could have been hanging from his ears as dragon bait in Fanelia, or standing trial in Palas or maybe running from bounty hunters in Freid. Either way, he did get a rather sweet deal, Allen Schezar notwithstanding. He got six hassle free months in which he could do some serious thinking and he could still keep the counsel of one of the smartest women he had ever met.

A knock on his door interrupted Dilandau from his thoughts. Now who would be knocking on his door in the middle of the night? Devoid of any kind of actual weapon (probably Schezar's doing) he picked up a vase off one of his shelves, threw the water out the window and held it over his head. Very slowly he opened the door.

"You can put the vase down. All you had to do was say 'Come in', you know," Celena said as she walked into his room.

"How did you know about the vase?" he asked quietly. "And what are you doing here? You know what'll happen if your brother finds you in here? Thinking about it, dragon bait is starting to sound like an appealing occupation."

"Yes, but he won't. He's in his study and he won't be relating to the human world for a while. He's just gotten a letter from the palace. As for the vase, I don't know how I knew. It just seemed like the natural thing for you to do being without any kind of real weapon," she concluded.

"Logical enough. So what do you want, Lady Schezar?"

"I need to speak with you," for some reason, this seemed familiar to Dilandau. His room was dark save for the reading lamp that was on his nightstand. He was still a creature of darkness and even more so now. There weren't any chairs for guests in this particular room but the desk chair was very comfortable. The oval room had an adjacent door that led to a beautiful black tile washroom and another of those glass doors that led out onto a square patio that over looked a garden. Come to think of it, the garden outside of Schezar's study. Well, great!

She stood by the bed, leaning against one of the posts, looking solemn. He sat on the chair and asked, "What about, Milady?" he suddenly switched back to "Dragonslayer Dilandau" mode.

"Your life, your past, your future, your plans, you, me…the kiss," she concluded her sentence hesitantly. His having been a part of her was out of the window. He was a living, breathing, completely separate entity. No, he was not an 'entity', he was a human being…a rather attractive human being.

"Ah, yes. The kiss," he said, "Should I not be the one asking you that, Celena?"

"Yes, you should."

********

AN: That's it. Now you know. I really thought more people could have guessed it but I wasn't giving anything away, was I? I hope you enjoyed it.

REVIEWS, FLAMES, COMMENTS, SUGGESTION ARE WELCOME. LEAVE THEM IN A REVIEW AND THANX FOR READING ^-^!