Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Secrets ❯ Unusual Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Secrets

Disclamer: I do not own Escaflowne, only the charaters, that I made up myself!

I know, that I made and will make "some" grammar - mistakes, but I will try to keep them out. There is only one little problem I got. My Brothers PC has ONLY WordPad, which has NO spelling- or grammar-checker. I will try my best.

I'm thinking about maybe writing another story paralell to this one, but I am not shure. Shure is, that I will bring this story also out in German.

AND THANKS FOR THE REVIEWS!!!!

Now on with the story....

Chapter 2: Unusual Meeting

Van couldn't belive his eyes. Infront of him, only a few steps away, stood a girl with dazzilng green eyes. Her sandybrown hair was tied up in a lose braid and went to her waist.

Van couldn't see the rest of her body, because she wore a cloak, which wnet down to her feet.

They starred into each others eyes, both suprised.

Van didn't see any fright in her eyes, maybe a bit uneasyness, but also curiousity.

Somethig steered insid of him, something, hr couldn't describe. Van could only look at her.

The mysterious girl was the first to move.

With only a light swish of her cloak, she turned around an ran into the forest.

Van tried to chase after her, but lost the girl quickly out of sight. He just stood there for a while, then turned back around and began to walk to his horse. He mounted and rode back home.

All the way, Van's mind was on the girl.

Her deep green eyes, that seemed to look right into his soul. The way, she looked at him, as if he was just a normal traspasser on her way, who she didn' expect, but didn't need to fear.

She had probably noticed at his hip, but ignored it also.

Van went nearly nowhere without his sword. First his father had trained him, but after a while, Balgus, one of the best Samurai on all of Gaia, started to train Van. His skill had become so good,that Van could easyly the Knight of Caeli, Allen, whowas also known as one of best swordfighters on Gaia.

Allen had also been trained by Balgus and was a very good Friend of Van.

Van had so been in thought of that girl, that he hadn't even noticed, he was already at the castle.

Merle was waiting impatiantly at the gates and seemed ready to kill him.

"Where have you been??!!?? The advisers are ready to kill you, because you just left without saying a word, again!! And I had to spend my time with that snoppish princess, who can't keep her moth shut!!", Merle screamed in frustration while standing direktly infront of Van and so loud, that probably nearly all the people in the courtyard had heared her.

Her orange tail woth its black stripes swished from one side to another. Merles furr already stood on all ends, but she still kepted lecturing on:

"Do you know, that I, because of your dumpness, had to go shopping with Esmeralda and had to listen to insults and comlaining about not enough comfort in the castle all the way?!?

She nearly slapped a child right across the face, only because it bumped exedantialy into her !

By the was - the advisers want another meeting with you this instant and after that, Balgus wants to train with you. He said... - Hey!!!!!! Are you listening to me. Is something wrong? ... HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! GAIA TO VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!"

"Huh? Did you just say something Merle? Sorry but I was thinking about a few things", Van answered, when he came out of his daze, while Merle was frantically waving a hand infront of his eyes.

She seemed ready to use him as a scraching-post.

>Well actually, I'm thinking about a certain mysterious girl wtih green eyes, that I can't get outta my head and makes it swirll<, Van thought to himself.

Only then did he notice Merle's look.

>UH-OH! I'm in for it this time!<

Without a word or another look at Merle, Van took the reigns of his horse and began to walk to the stables.

But Merle wasn't the type, you could do something like that to:

"Oh no, you don't! I'll take the horse and YOU'll go to your advisers and hear, what they want, but that is obvious. Don't you dare to give into them, when it comes to marrying Princess Esmeralda!!!"

Van sneered: "As if I would ever marry her. And as for the advisers, I already had a meeting with them early in the morning, but I'll have to go anyhow. Oh, and I think, I will take another ride in the forst tomorrow."

And with that, he left Merle behind and went into the castle.

The castle was a dazzling white, with lots of big windows and balkonies. Every door was carved out of fine wood and some showed the history of Fanelia.

The hall through which you came in by the main door, was very big nad had red carpet, which led to the throne. On each side if the hall stood pillars, dekorated with stars, made out of gold.

The castle had many rooms and Van's chambers (bed chamber, bath, study, a small libary and a training hall) were in the west wing of the castle. Right beneath them were the castle gardens and behind the wall was the forest. It was all very beautiful.

Van didn't make it to his chamber, for the advisers were all standing infront of the throne. Half of them looked ready to kill, while the others could only grin.

Asgor, the oldest one of them, stepped forward:

"Your Highness, you know that we can not allow such things to happen again.

You need to grow up and be more responsible for your country and especially for your people.

As for Princess Esmeralda....." - "Don't even say it! I am not going to marry her! I said that already a thousand times.

And as for the growing up part - I'm going to be 20 in a few months and my people seemed to be alright, when I made my inspection 5 weeks ago. The The Dragons have also been quiet and haven't attacked anyone for quite a while now.

I don't think, that there will be to much problems in the near future and besides, Queen Millerna and her Husband, King Dryden are coming in two days to dicuss the current situation of the Alliance and also, if it would be wise, to take Basram into it.

I suppose that that is that for today, so if you will excuse me, I'll be training with Balgus."

Without even another look at them, Van headed to his chambers. He was good at getting the advisers to shut up and they also wouldn't dare to raise the Kings anger, for he was know for his short temper, when it came to politics and such things.

"Concentrate, Lord Van! Concentrate! ... What has gootn into you, my Lord? You seemed to be dazed out all the time. You should tell me what's wrong", Balgus sounded really worried.

Van didn't know himself. Why couldn't he seem to block the attacks Balgus mayed properly???

It all seemed to be oly because of girl!! Van just couldn't get het out of his head. Her green eyes flashed up every 10 secondes in his mind andhis heart skipped a beat:

I do not quite know. Maybe I'm just a bit tired." - " You and tired?!? Are you shure? Maybe you are just lonley... You should marr..."

"No Balgus!! Not you, too!! How many times do I have to say, that I won't marry that would-be princess?!You know very well, why I won't marry her and why I didn't marry any of these other princesses!"

"But.."

"No buts. I, at least, want to chose myself, wo I marry for it will be I, who will spnd the rest of his life with that person! Why does it have to be a princess???"

"It would be not proper for a king like you, to marry someone who is of lesser status than a noble."

"And why was my father allowed to marry my mother?"

"Because he was as stubborn as you", told Balgus with a smile.

You could clearly see, that Van was frustrated.

One, he didn't want to marry Princess Esmeralda.

Second, he wanted to marry out of love and nothing else.

And thired, that green-eyed girl freom earlier just wouldn't get out of his head!!!

With a huff, Van sheeted his sword, turned his back to Balgus and walked out of his training room.

Merle didn't know, what to do. Since Van had come back from his ride he had been behaving somewhat weired and seemed to be somewhere else with his mind. He had shouted enraged at the advisers ( well, hr did that often...) and hadn't concentrated at the training. He could normally concentrat very good, when it came to swordfighting and enjoyed it.

>Thereis definatly something wrong and I am goning to find it out at all costs!<

Merel had now come to the roof of the castle and as she had thougt, Van was sitting on his favorite spot, looking at the stars and the Mystic Moon with its child.

He seemed lost in his thoughts (AGAIN!) and did not notice Merle, creeping up from behind him.

She took a deep breath and:

"UP; YOU LAZYBONE!!!!"

Van was so startled, that he nearly fell of the roof, put go a grip on himself at the last moment. He whirled around and saw a Merle, who was desperatly trying to stiffle her laughter, which she did very badly.

"Merle, never do that again! I nearly died of an heartattack! Can't anyone here get some time for himself??"

"Sorry, but it was just toooooooooooo tempting, seeing as you were totaly spaced out (*lol*).

Actually, I came to talk to you. Since you've been back, all you seem to do, is letting your mind wander to someplace else. That's not like you, Van. What happened to you in the forest?"

"Nothing, Merle. Nothing..."

"OHHHHHH come on!!!!!! PLEASE!! Tell me!!"

Van sighted: "Oh, all right. But you've goot promise not to tell anyone. Ad when I say anyone, I mean ANYONE!" - "Okie dokie!!"

And so Van started to tell Merle about that mysterious girl with the green eyes and how he couldn't get her out of his head.

Merle listened all the while very interessted, her tail twtching slow from side to side. She seemed to lost in thougts, when Van had finished and waited impatiently for her to say something.

Just when he thought, she would not say anything at all, Merle began to speak:

"So you were on a clearing in the middle of the forest and this girl just appeared out of nowhere and disappeares again... weired. Do you think she was a spy?"

"No. Then she would not have come out of her hidingspot." - "An assasin?" - "She had no weapon with her as far as I could see. Besides, she could have attacked me then and there and finished me off."

"Then she must have gotten lost in the forest, 'cause I don't think, that she lives there or os that possible?"

"Maybe... I would like to know more about her. ... Merle, will you help me get away from here one more time tomorrow. Then Ican ride back and see, if she will appear again or I can find something."

"If you must. But only this once. You shouldn't forget, that Millerna, Dryden, Aron, Allen and Celena are going to be here in two days. It'll be great to see them all again, especially Celena."

"I'm glad you have found someone else to pester, than only me. Hope, she'jj wontgo crazy."

Van couldn't help, but laugh at the face Merle made at hih remark. He got up: " I'm going to bed, Merle. You should, too."

And with that setteled, Van went to bed. His last thought was the mysterious girl with the green eyes and he wondered, if he would see her again, befor he fell asleap.

Chapter 2: end

Hope you all enjoyed it!! I'll Probably update next week (saturday or sunday) Bye till then!!!!!