Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Secrets ❯ Scary Dreams ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Secrets

Disclamer: I do not own Escaflowne, only the charaters, that I made up myself!

Hi folks!! As promised, here is chappie no.3.

Thanks for all the reviewes!! I just loved them all!

Oh, I have someone here with me, who will sometimes visit me throughout my stories. Here he is.

Dilly: Hi you readers. Want to see my new flamethrower?? *graps flamethrower from behind back* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! MOREO! MOREO! MMOOOORRREEEEEOOOO!!!!!!! *burns everyone to krisps in a distance of 20 meters* Now I feel better.

Sab.: I'm releafed.... I just love Dilly, he's so cute!! He could nearly match with Van *gives Dilly a bear-hug*

But now on with the story...

Sab&Dilly: ENJOY!!!!

Chapter 3: Scary Dreams

Darkness...

Nothing but darkness around him...

He didn't know where he was or what it was...

Van looked around confused. The only thing he saw was blackness. When he streched his hand out infront of him, Van could see it clearly. But he couldn't see a thing around him. >Where am I??<

As if the darkness had heared him, there was a bilnding flash of light.

When Van opened his eyes again, he was in a small room.

The curtains and windows were shut tight and all that was in the room was a little desk, a bookshelf with soe books and a small bed.

On the small bed lay the tiny body of a child with its back to him.

The door on the other side of the room opened to show a maiden with a tray of food. The maiden put it on the beside the little figure.

"Little Lady, your father will be here at noon when you have finished your writing lesson with Mathilda...

And please stop crying. Everything will be okay", said the maid soothing and the little girls hair.

Thr little girl said nothing, made no sound, but huged the maid to thank her.

The flash of light came again and the next time, Van opened his eyes, he was still in the same room, but the little girl was sitting at the desk, an elderly and bad tempered looking woman standing at her side, a wooden stick in her hand.

The girl was writing something on a piece of paper.

Van couldn't see her face, because her sandyblonde hair was falling all around it.

The woman took the paper from the little girl and looked it over.

"You have two mistakes, again. This will have to get better and it'l only get better, if you concentrate more. It seems that, you need another penalty..."

And with that, the womanraised the stick and struck the little girl with it five times on her back, hard.

The girl only flinched a little, but made no sound.

One single tear saw Van fall from her face.

And the blinding light appeared again, but Van kepted his eyes closed, for he didn't know, if he wanted to see, what came next.

But the dream forced itself on him and made him open his eyes.

It was still the same room and the little girl still wore the same clothes, so it still had to be the same day.

Van stil could not see her face clearly, especially her eyes.

Infront of the little girl, stood a very angry looking man.

The man stared at the little girl withsuch hate and displease, that he seemed ready to kill her.

Finally, the man began to speak, but it was not pleasent:

"So still won't speak!?! (> He sounds drunk<, thought Van) Since half a year after your birth won't even make a piep or even talk!!!! And it's all your fault, that your brother lost HIS mother, for if she hadn't given birth to you, she would have not died of to much blood-lose (~do you really spell it that way? ^^° ~) !!!! Why didn't you just die instead of her??"

The man took a long leather whip from his belt, and smacked it on the back of the little helpless girl:

"You are worthless (*Smack*) !!!! You are nothing (*Smack*) !!!!why are you still here (*Smack*) and your BROTHERS MOTHER not (*Smack*) !!!! You are already eight and you wont talk (*Samck*)!?!

Why are you worthless scum still alive (*SMACK**SAMCK*) !!!!????!!!"

Suddenly, a boy bursted through the door and threw himself between the man and the now bleeding little girl:

"Father! STOP IT!! She didn't do anything! She doesn't deserve it! You know that it is not her faut, that mother died! And you also know that she CAN'T talk! You're drunk again. Please stop it!"

"Get out of the way, Rubeus!!"

"I won't! You stop it right now! (the boy turns to the girl) Are you alright, Hitomi?? Can you walk?"

The man stared at him for a while, then turned around and exited the room without another word.

The boy helped the girl stand up and lay her on the bed:

"I'll get a maid take care of your wounds."

The girl gave him a smile and fell unconciousnous.

There was another blinding flash of light.

Thir time, Van saw an older looking girl, but it had to be the same, for the room was the same one.

She was probably 13 or 14 years old now, by her looks.

The girl had a little bag at her waist and was wearing some deep green pants and a green blouse.

She put on a cloak and made her way to the window. She opened it and made herself ready to climb out of it.

But suddenly, the girl turned his way and looked straight at Van.

He gasphed.

Those green eyes that he saw were the same eyes, he had seen in hte forest!

The girl looked at him and smiled a tiny smile. Then she climbed out of the window and was gone.

With a tiny scream, Van sait straight up in bed, sweat covering his body and breathing hard.

Van just couldn't belive, what he had seen in his dream, but knew, it had to be real.

Still a bit confused, Van rose from hid bed and pulled the curtains open. The sun was already beginning ti rise and Merle would burst any moment through the door to wake him, an early ritual of Merle.

He already heared footsteps outside his room:

>Three, two, one, and....<

*BANG!!!* Merle came flying through the door .

She screeched to halt and looked perplex at the already wake Van:

"Since when are you one of the early riser, that I don't have to throw out of bed?? Is something wrong?"

"It's nothing Merle. I just had a... weired dream."

>Better not say scary...<, thought Van to himself and rubbed his temples.

Merle just shruged it of:

"If you say so. Your advisers want another meeting as soon as possible. (>AGAIN??<)

Then you should go to Esmeralde and excuse yourself for yesterday, or she'll go up like a Volkano, and then I can get you outta here."

With that she left Van alone to get dressed. He did that and snached a Sandwich from the kitchen for breakfast befor going to the meeting.

(~I won't put the meeting in here, for ot would be the most boring part in the hole story. Just imagine the one from chapter 2 *g*~).

After that, Van went into the cave of the "Dragon": Princess Esmeraldas chambers (~*g*~).

Van took a deep breath and knocked on Esmeraldas bedchambers doors. He heared from the inside a very aggressive sounding voice snapping:

"Who is it?!?" - "Princess Esmeralda? It's King Van!"

The door opened so quickly, that Van blinked in suprise.

Esmeralda was wearing a lavende coloured dress, with no sleeves, going down to her feet and it had very low cut, which showed a bit to much for Van's taste.

He quickly began with his little "speach":

"I'm sorry, if I interupted you in something, but I wanted to apologise for my behavior yesterday and..."

"Oh, it's okay, (eyelashing and lustfully staring all the way!!! Only from Esmeralda of course ;-> ) I understand that you had something very important to do and couldn't come. (More eyelashing and smiling brightly) Do you want to come in??"

Van took a deep breath:

"I'm sorry, but I have important things at hand, that needed to be taken care of and I will probably stay away for the rest of the day. I maybe be back for dinner. I hope you have a good day, Princess Esmeralda. Good-Bye."

He saw her falling face and anger rising in her eyes, but she still tried to smile at him and he kissed her hand and bowed (~ very formal indeed, our little Van here ~).

She closed the door and Van walked to the stables, where Merle was already waiting impatiently:

"There you are! Arrow is already finishe and sattled. You go right now, whle I get the advisers out of the way. Trust me." - "Thanks Merle. I owe you one."

With that, Van was on his way to the forest.

On his way to the clearing.

On his way in hopes to find the mysterious girl with the green eyes.

On his way to find out, if his dreames had been real and to find a way to maybe help her...

Chapter 3 End.

Few. Finally made it. Originaly, I wanted to write this chappie yesterday, but my friend was here for a visit and I talked her into registering herself at FanFiction.net . You can find her under roseninselchen. But she hasn't written anything yet and it will take some time more. She'll probably write something about yaoi (man-man bond).

Bye for now you all!!!