Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Secrets ❯ Dragon-Meeting ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Secrets

Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne, only the charaters, that I made up myself!!!

Thanks for all those reviews!!! Enjoy!!!!

Chapter 7: Dragon-Meeting

It was wayyyyyyyy past dinner-time until Van and Hitomi came back, both all wet.

"What happened this time?", was the only thing Merle could ask the two upon seeing them.

Van, of course, was the one to answer:

"We had a little water-fight at the market place with the kids and Hitomi got the idea, of pushing me into the pond, but didn't think that I would pull her after me... "*wolfishgrin*

Hitmoi just stuck her tongue out.

They both yawned in union.

"I think we should get a snack from the kitchen and then go to bed", suggested Van and Hitomi simply nodded.

On their way to the kitchen Hitomi was infront, while Merle pulled Van a bit back and only whispered with a sly grin on her face into his ear:

"So... When is the wedding between you two???"

Van went as read as a tomato and was glad that Hitomi was infront or she would have probably seen him glow like a light-bulb (~ I know, they don't have those on Gaia, but it sound good *g* ~):

"Where did you get that from again, Merle?"

"Just look at you two! You both look like you were meant for each other! I can smell it. You should tell....."

"That's enough! There is nothing between us! Besides, the advisers would never allow such a thing...."

"Oh for crying out loud, who are you? The KING! Screw those idiots!"

"As if id would be that easy and I don't think that Hitomi feels anything more than friendship..."

"Van, you're hopeless."

>I know that myself and I wish it could be different, but I also must think about my kingdom and the people< Van sighted.

As he looked over to Hitomi, he could have sworn, that her shoulders had sagged a bit down, but threw that thought away quickly.

Later that night, Van was lying in bed and thinking about the past events of the day...

The way Hitomi had looked all exited, when he had shown her the big library in the castle

The way Hitomi had kindly nodded to all who had greeted them with a smile

The way she had looked lovingly at the gray steed he had given her

How calm she had handled the horse, although it had been one of the toughest to get it used to a rider on its back.

The way she had looked so astonished at all the fuss, which had been going on at the market.

How she had smiled widely when the kids had started the water-fight and joined in.

The way.....

Van slapped himself mentally (~ he seems to do that often, when Hitomi is around *g* ~) .

He was doing it again. He was thinking about that gorgeous girl with the green eyes, the way she smelled, smiled, took in her surroundings, walked....

Van nearly cried out in frustration, when his thoughts didn't stop wandering all around Hitomi.

>I have only known her for about 3 days and the only thing I can think of is her!! Maybe some training will get me out of it...<

And with that, he got his sword and went up to the roof. There he began slowly practising and felt himself relax again, physically and mentally.

Suddenly he felt himself being watch and when he turned around he saw Hitomi dressed in a simple silk night gown going to her knees and with only thin straps on her shoulders. She had put on her rope, but didn't close it.

Van gulped hard. And of they were again with that staring (~ I just had to put in that staring again *g* ~), until found his speech again:

" Couldn't sleep to, huh?"

Hitomi nodded and if his eyes had not played any tricks on him, he could have sworn that he saw a faint blush on her cheeks.

"You wanna sit down for a while?"

Again she nodded and Van seated himself on the roof and Hitomi sat down beside him. They just sat there, looking at the stars and enjoying each others company.

Hitomi shivered and rapped her rope tightly around her.

Suddenly her body stiffened and her eyes became clouded. She looked like she wasn't there anymore.

"Hey Hitomi, what's wrong? Hitomi? Hitomi!!!"

Hitomi closed her eyes and collapsed into Van's arms. When she opened them again, they were as clear as ever. Upon noticing that Van was holding her, she blushed a little and tried to get up again, but her legs didn't cope.

So Van just picked her up in his arms and carried her to her room. On the way there she fell asleep.

As He lay her sleeping form on the bed, he just couldn't stop himself from staring at her.

As his eyes fell on her pendant that she still wore around her neck, a strange feeling came over him. It send a cold chill up his spine and the thought that something bad would happen soon went through his head.

Somehow, he knew that he had to protect her from any harm that would occur soon.

When Van focused again on her smiling face, he couldn't resist. He bent down and gave her a light kiss on her forehead. She stirred a bit and rolled onto the other side.

Van smiled and made his way to his room with the assurance that he could sleep well tonight.

" We have to be careful, you majesty. It is very strange, that the dragons have been roaming so near the castle and the city. They even left the woods at night and one came very close to the wall once."

"I know Balgus. But it is also strange, that they didn't attack or anything. They didn't even make a sound. This is all to weird....", Van said. He was sitting with Balgus, Allen, Dryden and his advisers in a meeting, discussing the sudden appearance of the dragons around the castle.

It had been now a week since Hitomi had been in the castle.

She had befriended the most people living in the castle and Aron just seemed to love her. He already talked to her as "auntie Hitomi" and he had once asked, if she was a goddess. Ha also didn't mind, that she couldn't talk as the most people did, who had gotten to know her.

Most times you could find her sitting in the library reading or sitting with a book in the gardens.

But some strange things seemed to happen, since she had been around.

It was weird, how the most animals seemed to react to her, when she was in the garden. Not only the bird, but also the other little creatures, who lived in the gardens. Even a snake had once slithered toward her, when he had been watching (which he did often), and she had just stroked it.

Even the young wild horses, who hadn't been ridden yet, came to her and Hitomi just stroked them and they nussled into her hands.

Also the weather seemed to react to her sometimes. Once it had looked like a very bad storm and of course it had to be the day of a festival, held in the city. But when Hitomi had gone out and just stood there eyes closed, the clouds had disappeared after a while and there had only been a light breezes.

What also made him wonder, that her ankle had healed so quick and the fever had been gone totally after only one day!

And now it was the dragons, that kept roaming near the castle and the city, but they never did any harm even, when a person crossed their way.

It was all to confusing.

"I think it would be best to leaf the dragons alone and at first just watch from a distance, what they are doing here", one of the advisers suggested.

Dryden to that: "I agree. They don't seem to want any harm, even if it strange. The dragons have never done something like that..."

"You're right Dryden. Asgor, would you please tell the guards to watch the dragon from a distant and tell me right away, if they make any signs of wanting to attack?", asked Van.

"As you wish, Lord Van. Now about the Princess..."

"That's enough. You are all dismissed."

And with that, Van stood up from his chair and walked out of the meeting room.

He made his way to the library and found the person he was looking for.

She was sitting in a comfy chair, her silk sandy brown hair falling around her shoulders, her eyes preoccupied with reading the thick book she had in her hands.

"What are you reading??", Van asked interested. The book somehow looked familiar...

Hitomi turned around and smiled at him and showed him the book. It was one about Legends and especially about Draconians. When Van noticed that, he somehow had a funny look on his face, a mixture of sadness, curiosity, happiness and that of worry.

Hitomi looked at him questionably.

"You like reading about Draconians?"

She nodded and smiled.

" Do you also think of them as demons, who are cursed?", his voice sounded bitter.

She shock her head and took out the notebook, which she always carried with her.

+I think they look wonderful with those wings. Just like angels. It's bad, that there are no more left...Or do you think, that there could be still some somewhere?? +

Van smiled again: "I'm sure there are still some left, at least one...

Did you hear about the dragons roaming near the castle and the city?"

Hitomi nodded.

"That has never happened and I wonder what is going on. I told the guards to have an eye open, but I hope that we wont need to defend ourselves against the dragons."

He looked at Hitomi. She had a very thoughtful expression. But suddenly, with out a warning, she grabbed a pillow from behind her on the chair and threw it at Van, who got it straight into his face. Before he could react, there was a second pillow in his face. He grabbed it and threw it back at Hitomi. Thus the pillow-war between the two erupted and when Merle and Millerna entered, they both got a pillow in their faces (~ Van sure got many pillows in the room *g* ~) and joined in it until they were all out of breath. Well also out of breath, for the main reason was Esmeralda, who had heard the noise and had wanted to know, what was going on. Of course she also got one, no two (!!!), pillows in her face.

But the worst thing had probably been two of the advisers, who had been with her. They looked ready to kill and so they all quickly left the library, Hitomi with the book to read a bit more in her room.

It was already night and everybody was soundly asleep, when Van woke up and couldn't explain why.

He went out on his balcony and looked around. Then he saw it. A cloaked figure was running in the garden, nearly fully hidden in the shadows and making its way to the wall. Without thinking, Van put on his red shirt (~ which, by the way, had been mysteriously cleaned spotless by Hitomi herself... Ever tried to remove a blueberry-marmalade from your clothes??? -_-° ~) took his sword and went after the figure (~ he already wore his pants... duhhh ~).

When he was finally in reach of the figure, he was already at the edge of the forest.

Somehow the figure seemed familiar, even or especially because of the cloak it was wearing and it hit him.

"Going somewhere? Hitomi?"

The figure spun around and starred at him. It really was Hitomi. There was an uncomfortable silence

"Did you want to leave us all just like that? Without telling us?", Van asked sadly. >She really doesn't seems to feel anything for me...<

But Hitomi shock her head hard and looked at him pleadingly. Maybe she couldn't speak, but you could clearly see in her eyes the one question and the sad look she gave him pierced his heart:

+Don't you trust me? Do you really think I could do such a thing? +

" Then why are you here outside? It isn't save with the dragons roaming around."

Just as he had said those words, a dragon appeared right behind Hitomi. Van knew, that he didn't need to worry, as long as he stayed calm and because of his heritage (~ Van's a draconian...duhhh ~). But he didn't know, how Hitomi would react and how the dragon would react to Hitomi.

Before Van could do anything the dragons eyes and left him and were now locked with Hitomi's. First they both didn't move, then the it looked like the dragon had bowed his head and gave quiet sound, which Van could halfway describe as whining. Van noticed that Hitomi's pendant was slightly glowing. She walked over to the dragon and to Van's astonishment, padded him softly on the head. The dragon closed it's eyes and seemed to enjoy it.

Van noticed that Hitomi had turned her face toward him and was looking at him awaitingly. He took a deep breath and slowly made his way over to the dragon. The dragon only shot him a quick glance and closed his eyes again.

Now Van stood beside Hitomi and was also stroking the dragons. It just felt right to do.

After a while the dragon opened its eyes again and raised its head a little to look at Hitomi.

They starred at each other for a while, then the dragon turned around and roared once, paused, then twice. Roars from other dragons could be heard.

With on final glance at Van and Hitomi the dragon went back into the forest. They both watched as it disappeared in the forest.

After a while Van laid a hand on Hitomi's shoulder. She looked at him with a worried and frightened expression.

Van smiled to comfort her:

"I think it would be best if we bot went back, before anyone starts missing us. I won't tell anyone if you don't want to."

The worried look left her face and she smiled a genuine smile up at him.

With one hand raped around her shoulder, the two slowly made their way back to the castle.

Wow, this chappie was long!! I have also read my other chapters again and maid a list of things that, funny as it is, always seem to reappear, which I just can't seem to stop doing.

Van and Hitomi often stare at each other.

Van often slaps himself mentally.

There have been a breakfast-war, a water-fight/war and a pillow-war mostly caused by Hitomi.

At the breakfast and pillow-war, it is Esmeralda, who gets a full blow... (serves her right!!!!)

Hitomi really has it with animals

Van really has it with thinking about Hitomi.

I managed to write 7 chapters without Dilly appearing in them!

In the next chappie, Dilly will finally also come to Fanelia and I wonder how he will react to Esmeralda (Dilly in the background: MOREO! MOREO!) and to Hitomi (Dilly i.t.b.: Get Those two [V/H] together!!).

And this is were I need your help. Should Dilly have a crush on Celena, Merle or should Yukari make an appearance. I just want to also get Dilly together with SOMEONE!!!

Hope you liked this chapter and I'll write the next on ASAP!!!

CIAO!