Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Secrets ❯ Breakfast-War ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Secrets

Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne, only the charakters, that I made up myself!!!

So her is my 6th chappie...

Because I thought there needed to be a bit more humor in this, I made this one (I hope) a bit more humorious (do you really spell it that way??).

The title says it all. Oh and Dilly will also make an appearing in one of the next chapters.

Won't you, Dilly?

Dilly: Why not? Would be fun to spare with Van and deffeat him

*grinsdevishly*

-_-° Yeah right. HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THIS ONE!!

And tell me what you would think about Merle and Dilly being in love with each other without the other one knowing of the others feelings?? Or do you think, that that would be a tooooooo harsh paaring?? ^^°

Please r&r!!!

Chapter 6: Breakfast-War

The morning was just beginning to be greeted by the first raise of the sun and Van was sleeping peacefully in his bed, dreaming about a certain girl with green eyes.

Suddenly the doors to his bed-chamber bursted open and something furry and heavy landed on his stomach. He let out a small pained grown and opened casual an eye.

"Merle, can't you wake the people in an other sort of way? Have you gotten more weight?"

"Well for your information, you're the only one, that needs this sort of waking

or you'd never get out of bed. I only need some banging on the door and some screaming to get the others out of bed."

"Don't tell me you have woken up all the others already!?!"

"Why of course. Well, except for Princess Esmeralda, who I never wake up, Millerna and Dryden with there son Aron, who have asked me yesterday to not wake them up so early and Hitomi. But I think I'll go now to just do that."

And before Van could say something about that, Merle was already out of the room and down the hall to Hitmoi's quarters, grinning devishly.

With a sigh he got dressed and went down to breakfast, where Allen, Chid, Celena and Gaddes with the rest of the crew already were sitting all looking sleepy and a bit grumpy.

Allen was the first to talk: "You should really tell Merle, that some people would like to sleep a bit more longer, when they come to visit old friends.."

The others all nodded or murmured in agreement.

"Sorry, but I told her that a thousand times. Did you at least sleep all well?"

More nods and agreeing murmurs. So Van just sat down.

As he was just about to start eating, the doors to the west-wing (~ the dining hall is so centred, that it has a door in each wind direction ~) flew open and a grumpy Merle rubbing her forehead and an amused looking Hitomi came in.

Celena: "Hey Merle, what happened? Did you run into a wall?"

Merle, looking angry at Hitomi: "No, but this silly girl her is the cause of it. I wanted to jump on her to wake her up and what does she do? She waits until the last moment and then jumps out of the way. I, of course, can't stop myself, slide on the bed and pump head first into the small desk beside the bed.

You could have warned me, that you were already up!!"

Hitmoi just stuck out her tongue, while the others laughed. Then both Merle and Hitomi seated themselves and also began to eat.

All the while Van watched Hitomi out of the corners of his eyes. She seemed to notice this, because she once shortly glanced into his eyes, but it didn't seem to make her uncomfortable, although she had slight pink cheeks after that.

The Breakfast was held in the dining hall, where all sat at Tables, which made a big circle. On his left sat Merle, then Prince Chid and Millerna and Dryden with Aron, who weren't up yet, and Celena. On his right was a free place (~ normally for the queen, but because Van is not married, the advisers insisted on having Esmeralda sit there, poor Van ~) then came Allen, Hitomi and Gaddes and the rest of the crew.

In Van's eyes, Hitomi looked a bit bored, which she was. But suddenly, she had a devilish grin on her face. Van watched as she took a spoon full of Strawberry-marmalade. Hitomi aimed and the marmalade hit its target, Merle.

At first, Merle just sat there startled, but then wiped the marmalade from her face and threw a spoon full of her porridge at Hitomi. Instead of hitting her, the porridge landed *smack* on Allen's face.

As he tried to remove the porridge, Hitmoi took another spoon full and smacked it straight into Chid's face. Thus he and Merle both aimed at Hitomi. Chid's missed by an inch and Merle hit Gaddes.

And as he and his crew also started in the fight with Celena at there side, Hitomi took a spoon full of blueberry-marmalade and threw it at Van. It landed with a big *splash* on his face and then fell onto his favourite red shirt!!

He only looked at Hitomi with a sly look and said: "You know, this means WAR!!!"

And thus the big BREAKFAST-WAR began.

Of course, Allen tried to stop them all, which resulted in him being "buried" in a spoon attack.

As the war went on, Merle threw a pancake at Hitomi, who only dodge it with some difficulty. Hitomi threw one back, Merle dodged it and.....

*SMACK*

All froze in there doings (~ mainly throwing thing in different directions at different people ~) and stared at the door, that had just opened.

In the doorframe stood Esmeralda, with a pancake on her face.

The sight of it would have normally been hilarious, if it had not been Esmeralda for no one knew, what would come next.

With her fingertips Esmeralda removed the pancake and let it fall to the ground.

Her makeup was a mess and when she "tried" to smile, her face seemed to turn into the face of death:

"How........ nice. Can someone please tell me what has been going on?"

Silence...

Allen coughed slightly, but didn't say anything and the others also sat there in silence.

It was Millerna, who came to the rescue, for she had just arrived with her husband and son in the dining-hall. She looked very amused at the scene while Dryden was still to sleepy to notice anything that was happening in front of him and Aron couldn't believe his eyes.

"Mommy, why can't I do that at home, but they are allowed to do it???"

"Because, honey, they are all already grown up and normally should not do this either, because they know, that they are not behaving correct, like you.

I think, that they shall go up to their room to clean that mess from them, won't they??", and she gave them all a glare.

Van: "I-I think you're right Millerna..."

But before even he could stand up, Hitomi was up and walking to her room, her head held high. On her way she went past Esmeralda (~ although she lives in the wing opposite from Hitomi and Van, she wanted to ask Van to go with her together to breakfast, that bitch XoX ~) and even brushed her shoulder against her, which didn't show of much respect and she held the death gaze she was giving her very good.

Van looked after her dreamily: >She walks just like a queen should. Wait, where did this come from this time???<

Van slapped himself mentally and then got up and also went to his room to get himself cleaned up. His pants hadn't got anything on them, but his shirt looked like, well.... "murdered". Those thing couldn't probably be washed of again, so he just took it of and threw it into a corner of his room and put on his other red shirt (~ he's got 2 of them!!! ~). He cleaned the rest out of his face and his hair and made his way to the window of the balcony.

Just outside he saw Hitomi sitting in the grass and enjoying the morning breeze, birds around her. She still wore the same dress as at breakfast, but to his amazement, it had no more marks of the current "war". By the way, she was wearing a light yellow dress, that fitted her perfectly and went to her knees. It only had some thin straps for her shoulders but was not cut to low, just right for his taste (~ don't you think bad of Van now!!! ~). All in all, she was breathtaking and that was even natural, for he couldn't see any makeup on her face.

Before Van realised what his legs were doing, he was standing outside in the garden and was moving towards her.

"Did you have fun at breakfast, I bet you did", he said and smiled down at her, when she turned around. She smiled a smile that told everything and nodded.

Van sat down beside here and watched as she listened to the bird singing. When she held out a hand, a bird would normally flight into it and sit there, while she stroked it a bit before it flew of again.

"So how is your ankle doing? Is it feeling okay?", Van finally asked after some quiet time with her.

She nodded. Then to his suprise, Hitomi took out the notebook and pen he had given her out of a small bag at her waist and began to write:

+ Who were all does people around me?? +

"Oh, the one sitting next to Merle was Prince Chid, the future Duke of Freid.

The one with the long blond hair next to you was the Knight Allen Schezar and the other one was Gaddes, whose the second in command on the Crusado, Allen's levi-ship. They come from Asturia as well as queen Millerna and her husband Dryden with their son Aron. Millerna was the one, who tended your injuries and who came in this morning with her husband and son."

+ And who was that cold hearted Girl with the long blond hair, that got that poor pancake on her face? +

Van chuckled slightly at the remark of the "poor pancake" and lay back with his hands under his head.

"That was Princess Esmeralda from Hearim." Van saw here stiffen at the word Hearim, but decided to ignore it. "She was invited by my advisers. The want me to marry, because I'm getting 20 in 4 months and I really don't know how they came to the conclusion, that I would marry someone like her! Just one look at her behaviour and you have to throw up!!"

Van saw her grin at that comment and fought down the urge to just grab her around the waist and crush her body to his. It was going to be hard for him.

She handed him a new note:

+ Did you know, that we were being watched by at least 3 pair of eyes? +

"Huh??" He looked at her questioningly while she also lay down on her stomach. She scribbled some more:

+ Merle is sitting on the tree behind me on my left, with Allen under it and Esma is seeming to boil with anger behind one of the bushes to your right, but I don't think that she heard you, she's to far away +

Van cocked an eyebrow at that and Hitomi rolled her eyes.

"Man, where ever I go, someone is always following me, when I do not wish it and want to be alone or things like that. That's why I sometimes go to that clearing in the forest. Hey do you want me to show you the castle and then the marketplace?"

Hitomi nodded with a big smile on her face and excitement in her eyes.

"If we had 2 horses, we could also be quicker at the market. Can you ride."

She nodded again.

"Okay then, let's go!" And the two were of leaving some very anxious starers behind.

That was it for now. Hope you liked it.