Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Secrets ❯ First Conversation ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Secrets

Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne, only the charakters, that I made up myself!!!

Chapter5: First Conversation

Silence...

That was the only replie Van got from his friends after revealing the girls little "secret".

Finally, Merle spoke: "Sooooo... What shall happen with her? Will she be staying?"

"Well, she should at least wait until her ankle is fully healed and the fever is gone", suggested Millerna, "She is resting right now, so we should leave her alone and after that, someone has to try and talk with her...."

Allen immediatly: "Van's the best one for that task!"

"What?? Why me??"

"Well, first, it is your castle and second, it was you, who picked her up and brought her here."

Van gulped hard: "Okay, okay. If I have to..."

>I just hope, she won't kill me as soon as she sees me...<, was Van's last thought bevor Aron began pulling on his red, sleevles shirt (~ his standard, as well as his beige pants *g* ~) : "Unkle Van, I'm hungry."

Van looked at the little prince.

With hair, so brown like his fathers and the royal blue eyes of his mother, the 3-year-old looked adorably cute. But you could already see, that he would grow into a beautiful youth and probably an even more beautiful man, once the time came.

"I'm sorry. I forgot that you just arrived. Come on everyone, let's get a bite. It's nearly dinner-time."

With that, Van lifted Aron onto his shoulders and carried him that way to the dinning-hall, while the others tagged along. On there way, the met Gaddes and the rest of the crew from the Crusado, Allen's Levi-ship with which they had come. They also joined the others for a bite.

To Van's horror, Princess Esmeralda was already there.

She looked stuned at the "mass" of people that Van followed to dinner:

"Oh, Lord Van, I thought , you expected visitors tomorrow. Your advisers have also been looking for you."

While she spoke those two sentences, her eyes travelled over the group and came to a full stop at the sight of Allen, who could only role his eyes. For he knew, what would probably happen at dinner and who would later try to flirt with him...

>At least she won't be clinging to me all the time<, Van sighted inwardly.

He put Aron down and explained: "They decided to come a little earlier (>thank heavens<) to discuss the current situation of the alliance..." And he introduced all of them.

Then dinner started and at its end, Allen still rolled his eyes, because of Esmeralda.

Dryden wore his usual lazy smile, but you could guess easily, that her non-stop blabbering was going on his nerves.

Chids, Millernas and Celenas faces showed boredom beoned ways of describing.

And while Merle seemed ready, to scratch her eyes out, half of the Crusado crew, including Gaddes, had fallen asleep or were also bored to death.

Van was the only one, who still seemed calm and who didn't bother Esmeraldas blabbering about this and that.

First, he was already used to it and it went inside through one ear and went straight outside again through the other.

And secondly, his thoughts were still occupied by the mysterious girl with the green eyes, who just now was under the same roof as him. Well, a very big roof, where you could get lost if you didn't know your way around, but neverless the same one.

When Esmeralda finally took a break to catch her breath after so much talking, Millerna directed herself to Van: "Maybe it is time to look after you new patient. She should be up by now."

"Your right. If you'll all excuse me."

So Van stood up.

Esmeralda look a bit confused, but kept her mouth shut for once. But as soon Van went through the door, he could hear her beginning to talk again and he could also hear groans from the rest and snores from Gaddes.

When he got there, he stood a few minutes infront of the door and tried to make out some sentences, he could say to her.

Then he took a deep breath and knocked lightly on the door. He waited for a few second, the slowly opened the door.

As his eyes fell on the bed, he saw, that it was empty. But Van also saw that the balcony door had been opened and that someone stood outside.

So Van made his way over to the balcony and there she stood. She had but a silken rope on and seemed to admire the gardens. (~ I thought, I should put her room near Van's chambers, so she can also look at the gardens and it's not a long way to Van *g* ~) A bird was sitting on her shoulder, singing.

Van watched that scene a little longer and then cleared his throat to show, that he was here.

The girl immediately spun her head towards him and again, there eyes met in a gaze, that both could not describe and could not easily break.

After a few minutes of staring and co-ordinating the sentences, that had tumble all over in his head, Van spoke: "You probably know, that you shouldn't be out of bed in your condition, so I guess, that I have to ask you, to please go inside again and stay in bed for at least, today??"

Van grinned when the girl shrugged her shoulders, huffed a little and went back inside, to lay down.

She stumbled a little and Van couldn't help it, but admire the way her hips swayed from side to side while walking. He slapped himself mentally, before going inside himself.

He took a chair and placed it beside the bed, to sit down. The he opened a small cupboard standing at the bed and took out a small notebook and a quill with an inkbottle.

"I presume that you can write?", Van asked the girl, although he already knew the answer from his dream, but the question that he had asked her, had been for her disturbing enough and he didn't want her to know about his dream right know, maybe later.

As thought, the girl nodded.

"Can you then please write you name down for me, so that I'll know, who I'm talking to?", he asked her politely.

She took the notebook with a small sight and wrote her name.

+Hitomi+

"So it's Hitomi? Don't you want to tell me your last name?"

She shock her head.

"Okay. And how old are you?"

+19+

>Just my age<, Van thought to himself.

"Where do you come from?"

+Nowhere.+

Van raised a brow, but left it there.

"What were you doing alone in the forest?"

+Just wandering around. But could you tell me, who you are? And where am I?+

"I'm sorry. I'm Van de Fanel and you are in Fanelia, in my castle. Do you got any place to go?"

She looked at him for a while, then shock her head and wrote again.

+I travel around places, because I don't have a place to go.+

"Well, you should at least stay here, until you are fully healed and if you want to go on then with you journy or you can stay here."

+Thank you+

"You're welcome", he smiled at her and for the first time, since he met her, she also smiled. A very genuin smile, that made his heart skip a few beats.

Then he noticed the pink pendant, hanging on a goldchain from her neck.

"Nice pendant you got there."

Bevor she could answere anything, the door flew open and dashing in came Merle:

"I thought you were still here. You advisers say, they have something urgend to discuss with you and Princess Esmeralda also wants to see you and wants to know, whats going on.

Van growned:

"Why always me??? Can't you tell her that I'm not feeling well?"

"I would, but she'll won't beliefe me."

"Okay, okay. I'll try to stay calm and get it over as quick as possible", he turned to Hitomi, "And you should now rest, Hitomi. If you want to, you can eat tomorrow with me and the rest breakfast and I'll introduce you to them. They are all eager to get to know you."

Hitomi nodded and smiled a little. Van added with a mishif look:

"Oh and don't wonder, if you'll get thrown out of bed early in the morning. Merle does that with nearly everyone here."

"Hey! That's not fair! I don't do that all the times, only, when it's necessary. And that's with you always!", Merle shouted hurt.

Van just laughted: "Okay, if ya say so. But we'll better let Hitomi alone, so she can get a good night rest, or do you want to eat something, befor you sleep, Hitomi?"

Hitomi`s face brightned up a bit and she nodded.

"I'll get you a bit!", Merle shouted and was already gone.

"Well, then. Have a good night. See ya tomorrow!"

And with that, Van left Hitomi and made his way to the advisers, a huge smile across his face.

In the room, Hitomi also smiled a big smile and lay down on her bed.

That was it for this weekend. I wanted to post it already on friday, but I couldn't, because of the seperating the original from the FF's onto a new site.

Hope you enjoyed it!! Please r&r!!!