Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Secrets ❯ An Angels Kiss ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Secrets

Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne, only the charakters that I made up myself!! If I'd owned it I would have made the ending very different (no dead Folken, Hitomi stays, Dilly gets really god [not only Celena],...)

I hope you liked the story so far and I must thank ya all for the great reviews!!! Hope you'll like this chappie also...

ENJOY!!!!!!

Chapter 10: An Angels Kiss

It was a windy night on the roof today, but Van just closed his eyes and enjoyed the breeze. He hadn't managed to go to sleep again. So Van had decided to do something, what he hadn't done in a long time.

He took a deep breath and gave a mental push. Beautiful white wings emerged out of his back and gleamed in the moonlight (~ he took of his shirt of already, you dummies!!!! ~). He stretched them a few times, but didn't fly of. Instead he sat down and thought about all the thing, that had happened the last two weeks.

It had all started with Van's first meeting with Hitomi in the forest. Hitomi, the girl with does stunning green eyes, who always made him smile and who had comforted him, when the memories of his lost brother had nearly drowned him again. But she had been there and had just staid by his side. She had felt and still did feel with him, but didn't pity him.

Van only knew one word to describe the feelings he had for Hitomi: LOVE!

But it was no ordinary love. He had never felt something so strong within him and knew that he would even die for her without any thoughts of doubt.

But how did she really feel about this all?? Sure, she didn't seem to mind him being around her so often and doing the weirdest thing with him, but it still didn't tell him, if she loved him back as much as Van loved her.

Van was so caught up in his thought about that beautiful yet strange girl, that he nearly didn't hear the footsteps comming nearer and the small intake of breath some one took behind him.

He turned around...

... and nearly lost all of his hope.

There she was, Hitomi, the girl of his dreams, standing there in her night-gown and staring at him with eyes wide.

He couldn't do anything, just stare back into those green eyes and hope a little that she wouldn't run away and never return... forever.

The only three living Persons who knew about his wings where Merle, Dilly and Balgus.

And now Hitomi.

He had always tried to keep it secret from everyone in fear of hatred, ... fear, ... disapproval and first of all..., rejection.

The most people on Gaia thought, Draconians where cursed people, whose fault it was, that Atlantis was destroyed with their greed for more and more power each day. And if you now looked upon one of them, you would be cursed for the rest of your life. Or you had to kill the Draconian who "cursed" you...

She was still staring at him, but her eyes began to wander over to his wings. She looked very interested and didn't seem frightened or disapproving, nor was there hatred in her eyes.

She looked back into his eyes and probably saw the fear in them. The fear of being rejected by HER!

Van watched in awe as Hitomi slowly stepped towards him and let her eyes wander again over his wings. She casually stretched a hand out and ran her fingers down on of them. It made his body tingle all over and he just managed not to shiver.

Hitomi again directed her gaze towards his eyes and smiled softly.

~~ They're beautiful ~~, she mouthed to him and then silently sat down beside him.

~~ Thank you ~~, Van mouthed back, not wanting to disturb the silence they were sharing. He subconsciously rapped a wing around her form and she sighed softly, her head comming to rest on his shoulder.

They staid that way for quite some time until finally Van spoke, blushing madly while doing so:

"Do... eh... would you... *Van taking a deep breath* would you like to go flying with me? You don't have to, if you don't want to", he added hastily.

But Hitomi just looked at him, her face brightening and she smiled that genuine smile.

Van smiled back and, still blushing a bit, wrapped his arms around her waist, while she wrapped hers around his shoulders.

"Hold on tight", he whispered into her ear and then just jumped of the roof.

He felt her grip tighten on him, when they plunged down towards the ground.

But Van stretched out his wings fully and soon they were climbing higher into the star filled sky. She relaxed again and looked a bit around (~ as far as you can do that *g* ~).

Van smiled a wicked smile and without warning dove down like an eagle, who has just made out his next lunch on the ground.

If Hitomi could have screamed, she would have probably done so. He caught them both at the last moment and flew up again. He looked down and saw her scowl up at him. He only chuckled and held her tighter:

"That was only the beginning..."

Van then made a summersault, a few looping and rolled sideways around one side, then the other. But she seemed to enjoy it, for she might held on a bit tighter at his stunts, but when he looked down, Van always saw her smile.

After a while they flew back slowly, Van wanting to hold her a little longer.

When they finally made it back to the roof Van landed with a small swishing sound from his wings as not to land to rough on his feet. First his touched the ground, then Hitomi's.

Van thought, that she would try to release herself out of his grip, the moment they were back, but the exact opposite happened.

Van loosened his grip on her so she could pull back, if she wanted to. Instead of doing so she wrapped her arm tighter around his neck this time and buried her face into the crook of his neck.

Her warm breath tickled his skin and nearly made him shiver again. He wrapped his wings around her and tightened his grip on her again, breathing in the smell of her silky hair.

Van didn't know how long they had staid that way, but in his opinion, it could have gone on forever...

>What are you waiting for?? Tell her how you feel!<, one of his sides was telling him, but the other one quickly answered.

>What if she doesn't feel the same way? What if she just walks away from you to never return???<

>Oh just shut up! She is right here in your arms and even seems to like your wings!! She would never do such a thing!!<

>But how should I tell her? It will probably just sound hilarious!!<

>Then show her the other way!!<

>Huh?!?<

>Has a dragon eaten your brain??? KISS HER!! I REPEAT... KISS HER!!!!!<

>I can't just do THAT!!!!!<

>Oh yes you can!!<

>But...<

>JUST DO IT YOU MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!<

>Okay, here goes.... *sigh* <

"Hitomi??"

Van wasn't so sure about the suggestion of his "second voice". But it was now or never.

As Hitomi gently lifted her eyes to meet his, the world seemed to stop.

Their noses where only inches apart.

With one more intake of breath, Van closed the distance between their faces and captured her lips with his gently. He wanted to give her room to back out if she felt uncomfortable.

He felt her at first tense up, but after a moment, he heard her sigh and melt into him, returning the kiss with as much feeling as he did.

He was totally overwhelmed by it.

Van couldn't believe that he was standing here, on top of the roof, kissing Hitomi!! And she was even kissing him back!!

When the need for oxygen was to powerful they pulled apart, breathing heavy, eyes still closed. They both opened them at the same time meeting each others gazes.

And Van heard himself release a breath he didn't know he had been holding.

He didn't see any signs of rejection, fear or hatred in her eyes. (~ I know, he is repeating himself, but his thought are a little tumbled inside his head... Sorry *g* ~)

Her eyes only sparkled up at him, a smile on her lips and something that looked like... no it not looked like it, it had to be it... it had to be... love...

Somehow finally finding the courage he had been looking for, Van kissed the tip of her nose and whispered those three words into her ear:

"I love you."

Hitmoi smiled like never before and buried her face back into the crook of his neck. She took one arm away from his neck and began to draw little hearts with her fingers on Van's chest, right above his heart.

Van understood now and pulled her even closer to him. His dream had come true... She really did love him.

She suddenly pulled a bit away and had a look on her face, which Van couldn't really describe, but it seemed she had decided something important.

"Hitomi? Wha...", Van began to ask, but she put a finger to his lips, silencing him.

Hitomi then moved one of her hands to place it on his forehead, while the other was lying over is heart.

She closed her and face showed resembled one of deep concentration.

As the seconds went by, Van noticed Hitomi's pendant begin to emit a soft glow as well as her hands.

He felt warm spread though hid body and closed his eyes to concentrate on it, for it seemed the right thing to do.

After a few minutes, the feeling subsided and Van slowly opened his eyes to look at Hitomi.

She looked a bit out of breath, but met his gaze.

>Van? Van! Can you hear me??<, a voice suddenly sounded in his head.

>huh?<, was the only thing he could reply at that time.

>Van? It's me!<

>Hitomi?<

>Yes...<

e looked a little shock at this new situation. But he still had to ask:

>How...?<

>I established a mind link between you and me, so we can now really "talk"<

She looked down with saddening eyes:

>Of course, I can understand if you don't want to and if it brings only problems for you. I can cut it again if you want to...<

He could clearly hear the growing sadness, growing with each word and gently picked her up in his arms and sealed her lips with his own.

>You couldn't have given me a better gift. I never want this link to be cut. That is if you don't mind...<

>How could I? I love you, Van... My Angel.<

>And I love you, Hitomi. My little magic-girl<

She giggled into his head as they broke the kiss. She heard her breathing a bit hard and leaning more into him as if she could fall down any moment.

>Are you okay Hitomi??<

>Yeah, just a bit tired out. It can take a lot of power from you to make such a mind link.<

>I feel very honoured and ask if the Lady would give me permission to carry her into bed.<

>As you wish, your highness.<

Heart still soaring, Van picked Hitomi up into his arms and carried her to her room where he lay her down onto her bed.

Just as he was about to leave, he felt her hand grab his. Van looked at her and had a soft blush on her cheeks.

>Van? Could... Would you stay here tonight? I've been having strange dreams recently and I thought that...<

He just smiled and climbed under the covers. His arms going around her waist, while she snuggled closer to him.

They both fell asleep in the arms of each other, not knowing what was to come this night...

And here we go again with one of my pathetic chapters. I put much of fluff into this one, but the next might be some sort of confusing, but I hope you'll still read on. R&R GUYS!! CIAO!