Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Secrets ❯ The Prophecy ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Secrets

Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne, only the charakters that I made up myself!! If I'd owned it I would have made the ending very different (no dead Folken, Hitomi stays, Dilly gets really god [not only Celena],...)

I hope you liked the story so far and I must thank ya all for the great reviews!!! Hope you'll like this chappie also...

ENJOY!!!!!!

Chapter 11: The Prophecy

Again... darkness...

Just like the first time Van had had that strange dream...

But it somehow felt different, not so cold but warm and inviting.

He waited a while and when nothing came Van started to walk in the direction his heart lead him.

He could make out a faint spark of light in the distance that grew quickly with every step he took.

As he got nearer he heard a beautiful yet somehow familiar voice singing:

" Win dain a lotica
En vai tu ri
Si lo ta
Fin dein a loluca
en dragu a sei lain
Vi fa-ru les shutai am
En riga-lint

Win chent a lotica
En vai turi
Silota
Fin dein a loluca
Si katigura neuver
Floreria for chesti
Si entina

lalala...
Fontina Blu Cent
De Cravi esca letisimo
lalala...
De quantian
la Finde reve

Win dain a lotica
En vai tu ri
Si lo ta
Fin dein a loluca
en dragu a sei lain
Vi fa-ru les shutai am
En riga-lint "

As the song went on, the light spread and Van was suddenly standing on soft grass with some trees around him. And infront of him was a beautiful lake with a little sand-shore. One big rock was standing out of it all. And on top of it sitting, singing with her beautiful voice, was Hitomi.

Van was to stunned by her beauty at first, that he couldn't speak.

The simple white sleeveless dress she wore fitted her every curve and her voice was totally enchanting. Her hair was lose and swayed softly in the breeze.

As the song ended, Van finally came out of his trance and walked over to her:

"You have the most beautiful voice I have ever heard..."

"Van? What are you doing here?"

"I don't know. First there was darkness all around me. Then I saw a spark of light and walked towards it ending up here with you... Maybe it is the mind link???"

"Hmmmmmmm... Probably. I have never met anyone in her so I was kind of suprised."

Van seated himself next to her and put an arm loosely around her waist, pulling her nearer towards him. She didn't complain and rested her head on his shoulder.

She looked up at him after some comfortable silence and saw, that he seemed to be thinking hard over something.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I was just wandering, if it was really only the mind link, which brought me here. The darkness, in which I first stood was somehow the same as the last one, when I..."

He stopped himself, for Van didn't know, how she would react to it, if he told her, he had surely seen some of her not very pleasant past.

But him stopping only confused her.

"When you what? Don't you want to tell me?"

Even if she didn't wanted Van to hear it out of her voice, he knew that there also lingered another question in her mind, hidden inside the other one:

`Don't you trust me enough? ´

It send thousand of little daggers through his heart and made Van want to cry out. But he held it back, tightened his hold more on her petit frame and took a deep breath to find the word he was looking for:

"Before I tell you, may I ask you something?"

"Yes, of course", she answered in a gentle voice.

Van made another deep intake of breath:

"Your mother died,when she gave birth to you. You also have an older brother. His name is Rubeus. Am I right?"

Van didn't make eye-contact with Hitomi, but felt her tense up and heard her take a deep breath before answering.

"Yes. But... But ... h-how do yo-you know???"

Another deep breath from the side of Van: (~ They seem to do that often here -_-° ~)

"After I met you the first time in the forest, I had a dream about you. To be exactly, out of your past. I saw you, when you were probably 7 or 8 years old. I saw, how your teacher treated you, hitting you with that wooden stick and also how you father used his whip on you, when he was drunk. Then I saw you, when you were 13 or 14 and how you jumped out of the window and ran away..."

He didn't want to go on, felling her stiffening more and more with every word he said. He wished he hadn't told her so she could forget. Forget all the pain she had gone throw, because of her father and later the pain of having to leave her brother behind.

Suddenly she spoke: "So... it was you... who I saw on that day... 5 years ago?"

"Seems so. I'm sorry if I hurt you with telling you all this. I didn't mean to..."

He was stopped by her finger lying gently on his lips.

"It's okay. I should have told you already. You told me so much about your past, with your brother and such and I... I..."

Hitomi couldn't go on any further, because of the tears welling up in her eyes.

Van gently took her in his arm and seated her sideways on his lap, while she cried onto his shoulder. He held her, rocking her back and forth, whispering soothing words into her ear.

After some time, her tears stopped and they just sat there, in the arms of each other, with their eyes closed.

"You two have a very strong bond of love flowing between you"

A sudden voice interrupted them. Both turned their head towards the lake, where the voice had come from.

They stared in disbelieve at the woman standing on (!!!) the lake. (~ Hey, every thing is possible in your dreams *g* ~)

The woman had long black flowing hair, greenish eyes and two dots on her forehead. But the most astonishing were the two wings coming out of her back.

"Mother!?!", Van breath out in disbelieve.

"Yes, my son. I have come to warn the both of you for great evil will soon arise and will threaten you and maybe also your friends."

"But what kind of evil? What can we do about it?"

Hitomi didn't like the sound of it all and tightened her hold around Van which he replied with the same movement.

"What kind of evil, I can not tell you.

But there was once told a prophecy in the clan of my people.

A prophecy, which told, that the Dragon and his mistress, the Fortunanestra (Fortuna; lat.: Fate), would be able to stop the evil, which has been hidden inside the hearts of another clan, long forgotten.

The first meeting of the Dragon and the Fortunanestra would resolve in the death of the first heir of the clan.

The evil itself would be awakened in the heart of the clan-leader and he can only be destroyed by the Dragon and his Guardian, named Escaflowne.

But Escaflowne will only awaken through the call of the Fortunanestra, for she has already been connected with him, since birth.

Once the leader's death has been accomplished, the last heir of the clan would also die.

This all I can tell you. The rest will be shown to you when the time comes and your hearts and minds are ready.

But beware, for the clan with the evil hearts probably also knows about the prophecy and will try to bring the Dragon and the Fortunanestra apart or kill one of them. Beware...."

And with those words, Van's mothers spirit left them.

There was a bright blinding flash of light, like Van had come in contact with in his last "dream" (~ You can't call those normal dreams ~).

For a moment they saw in the distance something that looked like a white Guymelef with a blue cape and a pink energist....

So here we have another chappie to the story of mine ^^

Hope you liked it and wont kill me...

I'll go on as soon as possible, promise. CIAO!