Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Some one's always saying goodbye ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sorry if it took me so long to update this fanfic, there's been a lot of pressure lately and so many deadlines that I have to meet. That goes for my other fic as well, so please do bear with me. Don't worry guys I'll try to update my first story one at a time…The characters from Escaflowne does not belong to me, definitely I'm just borrowing them.
Some one's always saying goodbye
Chapter 2
Nice meeting you
Previously on my first chapter
“I see that your love at first sight to Hitomi.” Said Albatou in a low voice that he's the only one could hear him.
“Shut up!” Van whispers back while his face begun to flush.
“Ooooh, touchy eh! Man I'm warning you she already have a boyfriend so just forget whatever you're thinking right now.”
Van didn't say anything on his last remarks instead he just sat beside her quietly while he secretly stole glances at her.

The competition was only a minute before it starts, and the raven haired boy wasn't paying attention on what was happening to his surrounding specially all the noise coming from various students inside the room, because his concentration was at the beautiful girl who sat beside him while she's having a chat with Yukari and Amano. How come he didn't see her before in their school? He thought; Is she a new student here? It was obvious that Van was now too frustrated on his thoughts because you could see it on his expression. He was only snapped out of it when suddenly Dilandou nudge him.
“Ouch! Dammit! What was that all about!” Van snaps while he glares to his friend. The silver haired boy simply snickers and gave his friend a knowing look.
“What!” He said through greeted teeth while he tries to control his temper, but it was only futile because it was still obvious to his voice and so to his face, besides Dilandou knew him too well since they were kids specially in terms of bad temper because they're both the same when it comes to it. How ironic that in spite of their attitude problems they still become good friends.
“Nothin, I just notice that your mind is somewhere else….so I thought that I should bring you back into the real world.” Dilandou sneered then glanced for a while to the girl that Van was fascinated with. His friend turns shade of red and looks away ignoring his mockery.
Seeing this, the silver haired boy grins and then out of the blue calls Hitomi's attention which startled his friend and a look of horror can be seen on his face.
“Hey, Hitomi it's been a while. So, how's it goin?”
“Oh, I'm fine Dilly.” Hitomi answers back and giggles; now it was Dilandou turns to flush and was taken aback by this.
“How did…” The silver haired boy said but wasn't able to finish his sentence when Van chuckles then turns his attention to the raven haired boy and gave him an infuriating look.
“I know your nick name?” Hitomi finish for him then glance at Celena who looks away as she acts innocently.
“Just a wild guess.” She lied and smiled to him.
“Really?” said Dilandou not so convince then furrowed his eyebrow. “I hope it's just a wild guess and not given the information by someone I knew here…” The silver haired boy continues and looks at Celena who was now staring at her feet feeling guilty.
“What? No, no. No one has ever told me that.” said Hitomi then followed his gaze.
“Yeah, right…” said Albatou and secretly took Celena's hand to his and gently squeeze it. The girl was surprise on his actions and gazes up to him, instead of seeing his angry look because of what she did, she saw Dilandou smiles to her and a glint can be seen on his eyes.
“O yeah, before I forgot. Tomi I would like you to meet my friend here, Van, Van Fanel.” said Dilandou then elbowed the raven haired boy.
“Hi there Van, It's nice to meet you.” Hitomi said cheerfully and held her hand for him to shake it. But, due to his surprise and his nervousness he couldn't took the girl's hand instead he just stared at her wide eyes. Albatou groans and was dumfounded then helplessly smack his hand to his face.
“Now what!” he said to himself and suddenly step on his friends foot for Van to come to his senses.
Van turns his attention to him and was now glaring, He signaled his friend to be friendly with her and stop acting stupid. He just hope that the raven haired boy understood what he tries to say, if not he doesn't know what else to do.
“That really hurt, Albatou!” Van said through greeted teeth.
“Is there something wrong?” Hitomi asked concerned while she looks intently on the raven haired teenager's maroon eyes.
“No…nothing…” Van stammers and could feel his face blushing specially when she took his hand and shook it.
“Van, isn't it?” said Hitomi and smiles warmly at him.
“Ye..yeah…” he said in an uneasy tone of voice. “Hitomi, Hitomi Kanzaki.”
“H..Hi…Hitomi…”
“Are you okay? You seem so pale, and your hand it's kind a cold.”
“Me? I…I'm fine…”
He lied and laughs nervously. Van couldn't help himself but to keep on staring back into those emerald eyes. There's something about those eyes that he didn't know what was it, but the only thing he was sure to himself that it's the most beautiful eyes he has ever seen.
“Oh, yeah before I forgot. These are my friends, Yukari and Amano. Yukari she's in the same class as I am a second year student, while Amano his in junior.”
“Nice to meet you guys, Van Fanel.” He said and took Amano's hand and shook it, then when it was Yukari's turn. The girl just only stares at him and never took his hand. (Rude, isn't she? Sorry to all Yukari's fans I didn't mean to make it this way, but don't worry she's only doing this that a good friend should do.)
“I know you already.” said Yukari in an icy tone of her voice. Van was never surprise by her rudeness, having a reputation like his, how could he blame her. Instead of feeling uncomfortable he just smiled at her and turns his attention elsewhere.
“Yukari, what was that for?” said Hitomi in alarmed on her friends sudden rudeness.
“If I where you Hitomi, I'll stay away from him…” Yukari ornery said.
“Wha…What do you mean?” she asked baffled to her friend.
The emerald eyed girl waited for his friend reply to her question but got no answer at all because suddenly the event was now to starting. The speaker was Mr. Takuro their school principal, and the noise coming from all the students a while ago suddenly died down as they all listen to the orator making a brief introduction about the said competition. There were at least five schools that participated on the said event mainly they are; Moon high represented by Miss Ami Mezuno, Rayearth High school exclusively for girls and also for rich kid their representative was Miss Fuu Hooji, Meow High school which presented by Mr. Minamino Shuichi the most popular and intelligent guy in all year level in the said school, but his popularity was now well-known from other school as well and when they announce the Japan High which was represented by Mr. Jiro Tyler, Hitomi couldn't help herself but blush and felt pride to herself at the mention of her boyfriends name specially when he looks at her direction and smiles to her.
“Hi…” Jiro mouthed to her and simply wave his hand.
“Hi…” Hitomi mouthed back and smiles to him.
Most students saw this and look into her direction, but she just ignored them and only stares back at him like his the only person her eyes could see on that very moment, Jiro was a tall teenager with a height of about 5'11 and has brown short hair and a sea blue eyes He's at the same age like her, 15, all in all he's a very handsome young man that every girl would fall for(Sorry guys but I'm not very good on describing nor on telling details, I'm asking for your forgiveness). Van saw this also and felt a fang of jealously while he observes the way the two lovers gazes into each other, He doesn't know why he felt this way for he only meet her just now but it felt like he had love her once before. His hand simply turns into fist as he feel like he would burst from anger due to his jealousy but couldn't do it because in the first place he has no right.
Last but not the least from the principal's introduction of the contestants was Fanelia High which represented by Dryden Faasa, of course he got the loudest cheer of all inside the auditorium because obviously the majority of their audience was the students from their school because in the first place it was taken place in Fanlia High. All the participants on the said event were on their second year level and obviously they were all picked because of their outstanding intelligent from other students. While Mr. Takuro was explaining the rules and regulations of the said competition suddenly Van stood from his seat and was going to make his way to the exit door.
“Where do you think you are going?” Dilandou asked as he grabs his friend's hand.
“I'll just go to the cafeteria and get me some drink.” He said coldly and removed his friends grasp.
“Are you serious! Where do you think you are inside a theater that's why you'll buy a drink? Don't tell me that you'll buy popcorn as well? You just got to be kidding me.”
His friend scoff at not noticing the attention they're already getting from the other people who can hear their talk.
“Dilandou, I said I'm just getting myself a drink. Is that hard to understand?” Van replied irritated.
“Oh, I get it you're just trying to trick me so that you could escape. Well Van Fanel I know you and if you think that you can fool me better think again because I'm coming with you!”
“Fine then!” the raven haired boy retorted and stride his way to the exit door while his friend tug along behind him.
“Hey aren't someone going to follow them? They may have a fight.” Said Hitomi and worry can be seen on her face.
“Don't worry, they won't.” Allen said all of a sudden while his attention was still on the competition.
“Huh? How can you be so sure? Those two seems was about to have a fight, haven't you heard the way they talk?”
“I doubt it and even if they do they won't beat each other to death.” Allen joked.
Hitomi couldn't believe her ears that she just heard that specially knowing that it came from one of Van's friend. The girl took a heavy sigh as she tried to ponder what she's going to say next. This guy's got to be kidding me! She thought then secretly glares at Allen. Fine then! If those two don't come back for about five minutes, I'm going to follow them! Hitomi said to her self then look at her wrist watch.
End of chapter

Well that's the end of my second chapter, I hope I'll get enough review's for this one…comments/suggestions would be much appreciated but please don't be too harsh because I'm quite a sensitive person. Those people, who were reading my first fanfiction I'm not supposed to love you, don't worry that's the next story I'll be updating. Sorry if it took me long enough to update my stories, and I have my valid reasons. Again thank you very much for supporting me in my fics, till then, jaa minna san… and by the way sorry for my lame title on this second chapee. So sorry to all my grammatical errors.