Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Heart ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne. I wish I did, but unfortunately for me, I have no magical pendant to make my wishes reality… Life stinks sometimes… Poor me… * Sobs uncontrollably when a chibi runs over with a handkerchief. She blows her nose and drops it on his head and he shrieks, running away in horror. * Anyways, don't sue me, Sunrise owns it in Japan, Bandai owns it in America, and I sadly know it… Oh yeah, and I do not own "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton. I got it off the Legally Blonde Soundtrack that my sisters insisted we play 10 times straight the other day and I actually, believe it or not, liked a song… This is it…

A/N: Hello again! It's the ever-annoying Trunks Gal, here with another annoying fic! You've seen her do a million V/H fics, you've seen her write a really messed up version of Folken's B-Day, Christmas, and Halloween, you've seen her write a bunch of depressing poems and odd DBZ fics, but you've never seen her do this… I am writing a Folken and Hitomi fic… Hitomi is in love with Van though… It is a Romance Drama… BELIEVE me, there is LOTS of Drama towards the end, there's a little angst and suspense too… (I cannot kill the eternal love… x_x) Anyways, it's PG-13 for some sexual reference (Nothing described, can't do it… You'll have to go see an NC-17 fic for that sort of thing… Just a few things like "So and so slept with So and so last night," y'know…) bad language (Not much, a couple words here and there that kiddies should not know… Tell that to my 7-year-old sister who's constantly asking me what the cuss words she picks up mean… @_@), and a bit of blood… This is not some gory, nasty, fic and I think you dudes will like it… Give it a chance and who knows… I will start each chapter with a song I have painstakingly decided fits… I came up with many on the long 16-hour drive to Wisconsin and back. I apologize to fans of all my other fics that I wrote none of them on my weeklong vacation. It is WAY TOO pretty up there to concentrate. I had such a great time… Biking, kayaking, swimming, playing tennis, mini golfing (I LOST! YAY FOR ME! ^_^), and "bonding" with my family… Then stupid old ff.net didn't upload this while I was gone like it was supposed to, so I have to put it up now… After I've been gone in Colorado for three weeks! I plan to bring back "Blood of an Adonis," which I took down last year because I did not have the time to write it, I've got several emails about it since and I've decided to repost it and finish it… Please be patient with me… I could not resist writing this, if nobody likes it, I will just wrote it for my own enjoyment (It's 10 chapters long and I wrote it during my CO vacation…) and take it down… I hope you like it, review and tell me what you think… (The first chapter is EXTREMELY slow, just read it, the following chapters are better…) Oh yes, and the spacing is rather messed up… Annoying html… Ugh… Enjoy!

Tears of the Heart

Making my way downtown

Walking fastFaces pass and I'm homebound

Staring blankly ahead

Just making my way

Making a way through the crowd

And I need you

And I miss you

And now I wonder

If I could fall into the sky

Do you think time would pass me by?

'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles

If I could just see you... tonight

It's always times like these

When I think of you

And I wonder if you ever think of me

'Cause everything's so wrong

And I don't belong

Living in your precious memory

'Cause I need you

And I miss you

And now I wonder

If I could fall into the sky

Do you think time would pass me by?

'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles

If I could just see you... tonight

And I I

Don't wanna let you know

I I

Drown in your memory

I I

Don't wanna let this go

I I

Don't

Making my way downtown

Walking fast

Faces pass and I'm homebound

Staring blankly ahead

Just making my way

Making a way through the crowd

And I still need you

And I still miss you

And now I wonder

If I could fall into the sky

Do you think time would pass us by?

'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles

If I could just see you...

oh oh

If I could fall into the sky

Do you think time would pass me by?

'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles

If I could just see you

If I could just hold you

Tonight

-"A Thousand Miles" By Vanessa Carlton

Chapter 1: Prologue

"Why is fighting the only thing you can think about?" The green-eyed girl interrupted the men's war strategies.

"Come on Hitomi… We're fighting to protect you and everyone else." Van tried to reason with her.

"But I can see now Van that you enjoy the fighting…" Van and everyone else gasped at her accusation, no one liked leading his comrades onto a bloody battlefield when they were likely not to see the next sunrise.

"I really don't want you to protect me if that's what it does to you… I'm sick of it… I'm sick of this whole world…"

"Hitomi!" Van pleaded for her to understand their situation.

"Please, someone send me back to my world!" Her pendant glowed brightly as a blue column of light engulfed her and she began to rise into the air.

"HITOMI!" Van and Allen shrieked in unison, running after her to no avail. The girl from the Mystic Moon was gone.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

2 Years Later…

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

"HTIOMI!" Hitomi looked up from the ground as Yukari ran to catch up with her.

"Hey Yukari," Hitomi greeted her best friend weakly.

It had been two years since her wish had been granted and she'd been sent home. Sent home to the Mystic Moon, away from Gaea and its pain. She had never gone to the track a second time. Who knows what would have happened if she had done so… Amano had left without so much as a farewell from her, but maybe it was best that way… He had moved to England, to Yukari's extreme dismay. The two friends had kept in touch, writing, calling, and visiting and had sparked the flames of romance between them. It had only been a week since Amano had asked Yukari to marry him after graduation. Hitomi was very happy for her friends, so deeply in love. She just wished she could feel the passion, the burning sensation, Yukari felt whenever Amano kissed her.

Hitomi was no longer the naïve 15-year-old who thought she was too young to love. At 17, she knew who she wanted to spend the rest of her life wife. The boy who lost his entire family when he was five. The boy who slew that awful dragon. The boy who become king of Fanelia at the age of 15. The boy who had to watch as his country was burnt to the ground and his castle destroyed by invisible enemies. The boy who had a best friend that was a catgirl, believe it or not. The boy that was an angel that everyone thought to be cursed. The boy who saw her kiss Allen on that bridge in the rain and ran away. The boy she'd left behind. The boy she believed in and thought of every day. Van Fanel. Whenever she heard his name, her heart beat like a drum and she could practically smell his aroma. He smelled of the grassy fields illuminated by the sun in the day and the two moons at night. How she loved Fanelia's young king. All she could do was wonder if she'd ever see his smiling face again.

Probably not, Kanzaki. Give up, you're a hopeless romantic! She chided herself, returning to the reality at hand and her reasoning that Van had undoubtedly moved on if indeed he had ever felt something for her during her brief Gaea rendezvous.

"Hitomi, what's wrong with you? If seems like ever since Amano left you've been acting really weird. I don't understand, but whatever it is, you can tell me, Hitomi…"


"Yukari…" Hitomi moaned, hoping she wouldn't go into 'the promise' again.


"Hitomi, if you really love Amano, I'll call off the wedding. I want you to be happy." She embraced Hitomi, as friends do and Hitomi groaned in frustration.

"Yukari… I don't love Amano anymore… I'm not sure if I ever really did… You DO love him… Don't back out on me now, I already bought my dress for the wedding!" Hitomi whined impatiently, trying to make Yukari understand what she'd been saying for those last few years.

"I'm sorry, Hitomi. I've just been worried about you. You've changed."

"Oh Yukari…" Hitomi returned her friend's previous hug as they stood there a minute before parting.

If only you knew…She silently regretted never sharing her experiences on that strange planet filled with the most frightening and the most likeable people imaginable.

"Anyways… I was thinking white silk dresses with carnations… And the flower girls should…" Yukari began to drone on and on with her wedding plans as Hitomi thought of the young king she'd left behind, so very far away. Van was smiling at her as they laughed, dancing among thousands of flowers. No, that wasn't good enough. Hitomi added a grinning sun and a flashy rainbow to her little fantasy. Much better.

"HTIOMI! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!" Yukari shrieked in frustration at that faraway look in her best friend's eyes.

Suddenly, that pillar of blue light that constantly taunted the emerald-eyed girl came into her life once again and began to suck up the girls.


"WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" Yukari cried out in fright.

"I'm going home…" Hitomi whispered calmly, as she enjoyed the gentle ascension into the heavens.

Wait for me Van... Hitomi could barely contain her joy as the light faded from the Earth's surface, taking the girls to a world unlike their own, where wishes, like Hitomi's, come true…

A/N: There's the first chapter! I hope you liked it! Please review, and don't think the whole thing will be a bunch of sap about Hitomi's love for Van, it won't be… Thanks for reading, here's a preview of the next chapter!

"I am Akushoui, a Zaibach sorcerer. You were brought here using the destiny prognostication engine, which Lord Folken rescued from the Vione…"

"Where is Folken? I thought he was helping the allies…"

"A clever ploy to gain their trust, then strike. We killed them all…"

"F-Folken is a traitor?" Hitomi stuttered in disbelief.

ANY COMMENTS? SUGGESTIONS? REVIEW OR EMAIL ME AT MIHOSHICHAN@HOTMAIL.COM!

Ja ne! ^_^~Trunks Gal~