Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon Queen ❯ Secrets Revealed ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Dragon Queen

Chapter 3: Secrets Revealed

(Sailor Universe: Hey guys! I'm back. I looked over your guys' reviews and I noticed that many of you had commented on Hitomi's attitude. Some are glad and some are curious as to way I made her attitude the way that it is. So it inspired me (along with the thunder storm) to write this chapter the way that I did. I hope that it answers some of your questions. Oh! About her hair color, Paige Moonsword you were the only one who commented and I had meant to answer your question earlier, but I forgot. ^_^() Anyway, to answer you question, I had looked at pictures of Hitomi's hair color and you wouldn't believe what I found. In some pictures she had light brown hair, blonde hair, and auburn hair. So I just picked a color, and added golden highlights to make seem like she had some blonde in her hair. I hope I've cleared some things up, well except for her attitude, but that well be somewhat answered in the chapter. Oh! I forgot about Van's height! He's 6'2" (tall isn't he? What can I say I love tall guys!). ON WITH THE STORY!!!)

~Earlier~

~Van's POV~ (Before tripping.)

I walked into the entrance of my castle and instantly I felt the security of being home. I also felt somewhat victorious that the girl from the Mystic Moon obeyed my command when I told her to follow me.

`Maybe she finally learned who was in charge.' I thought with a smirk, but my arrogance was short lived. My foot was suddenly caught on a stone in the entryway and I fell on my face.

`What the hell?!' I thought in shock.

After my `tumble' I saw Merle and the `girl' walk over me. While the `girl' stepped over me she said, "Be careful Van. If you don't respect gravity, it WILL bite you in the ass and make you remember why you're able to keep your feet on the ground."

~Now~

"Follow me Hitomi and I'll show you to your room!" Merle said with excitement shinning in her eyes.

"Ok Merle, I'm coming." Hitomi said with a smile.

As the two girls walked down the halls Hitomi noticed a lot of guards in certain areas, but that wasn't all she noticed. Quite a few were following her with their eyes, eyes that were filled with lust, as she and Merle walked by.

`Dammit! I hate it when men do that! I better avoid walking by these areas by myself. The last thing I want to do is cause trouble by getting into a fight.' Hitomi thought with disgust.

Once they reached Hitomi's new room, Merle hopped onto the bed while Hitomi set her bag down and looked around the room that would be her new haven. It was simple much to her enjoyment, and there was plenty of floor space. (Sailor Universe: Something that my room doesn't have unfortunately.) The bed had a simple, yet elegant, four-post frame. There was a dresser, a closet, and a large window that overlooked the forest.

"Do you like it? It's not much, but the really nice guest rooms are only for royalty." Merle said.

"It's perfect. I never did like rooms that were overly decorated. I'm a fan of keeping things simple." Hitomi reassured the small cat girl while sitting down next to her on the soft mattress.

"Hitomi-chan? Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Why did you look at the guards, and many of the male servants that we passed with distrust?" Merle asked with curiosity shinning in her blue-violet eyes.

Hitomi sighed and said, "That is a story that will take a bit of explaining, but we have time. First off, to answer your question from earlier, I was born and raised on Earth, or the Mystic Moon as you call it."

"Really?" Merle asked in awe.

"Yes," Hitomi laughed lightly. "On the Mystic Moon women can hold power. Weather it be in politics, money wise, or fame. Fame as in: singers, models, world champions in sports and fighting, certain discoveries, famous doctors, authors, writers, reporters, etc. Many women know how to fight and live on their own and they are educated."

"Wow."

"Yes, but not event that can save us at times. There are still men who are sexist, abusive, controlling, conniving, and such. Not all men are like that, but there are still some that are. That's what can make it dangerous for women on the Mystic Moon. There's the fear of getting caught in relationships that are abusive, controlling, or nothing more than a quick fling. In some areas you have to fear the possibility of rape, and being famous can make you a major target. I am a famous model and singer on the Mystic Moon."

"Did you… ever get raped?"

"No thank gods, but it doesn't mean that I haven't been cornered by men who tried. When I was 16 I had met a boy that appeared to be sweet and kind. He asked me out, or if he could court me if that's how you refer it here, and of course being the fool that I was I said yes. I had failed to listen to my instincts that told me that something was off about him, and failed to pay attention to the lust in his eyes. After dating for a couple weeks he began to get possessive. I was a free spirit and never liked to put on a leash, so to speak. He wasn't happy with the fact that I refused to let him dominate me, or that I wouldn't bend to his wishes. I began to realize that he wanted to break me and use me. I had overheard him telling his friends that soon he would break me, and then he would sleep with me. After hearing that I decided that I had had enough. So right then and there, in front of many students in the school I decided to break up with him so then all the guys would know that I would not allow myself to bow down before any man. As my fame grew the more males wanted to see if they could jump into my bed, or take me by force. So I began to lose trust in all men except a few that I trust with my life. If it weren't for all the self-defense classes that I had taken over the years, many of the rape attempts might have succeeded."

"If you knew that fame would make men target you more, then why did you become a singer and a model?" Merle asked in confusion.

"My Mother, Father, and my little brother died a few months after I turned 16. I was able to get the government to allow me to remain in my home since I had no living relatives remaining. They had agreed only if I was able to get a job in a month or two. My friend Yukari got me to go to a singing audition and a modeling audition. It was pure luck that I got both. You can only get so far with one of those careers, but the brought in enough income for me to pay my bills, taxes, and still get food and other things that I needed." Hitomi replied.

(Sailor Universe: Ugh, starting to feel tired. *looks at root beer* Shit! It's caffeine free! Dammit I need caffeine! Be right back!)

(Sailor Universe: Shit, couldn't find anything but a fortune cookie. Oh well.)

"Oh," Merle said then looked outside, "Hey it's time for dinner! Come on!"

Hitomi laughed, "All right Merle."

~After Dinner Hitomi's POV (Sailor Universe: Hey give me a break! It's 1:37 am and I have no caffeine in my system! Maybe an ice-cube will wake me up… AHHH! COLD! COLD! COLD!!!!)~

I entered my room again and looked out the window and looked out at the forest. `The dragon told me to go into the forest at night by myself. Well might as well go now.'

I silently left my room once again and found my way into the gardens. I walked to the back and climbed over the wall that prevented me from entering the dark forest that was my destination. Once I was on the other side I made my way into the silent forest and came across a somewhat large clearing with a rock in the center and the light of the stars and the moons gave it a mystical glow. I walked to the center and sat down on the rock.

"What do I do now?" I asked myself quietly.

"Now I will return to you what is yours." A voice hissed in my mind.

I snapped my head up and looked into the trees in front of me. A large dragon entered the clearing with its tail wrapped around something that I couldn't quite make out. It brought its tail around and placed the object on the ground in front of me. I leaned down and gently picked up the object of my awe. The object was a sword sheathed in a beautifully detailed scabbard. The scabbard was black with golden engravings of dragons in an attack position, exhaling fire. On the hilt of the sword was also black, but in the shape of a dragon with its wings spread out, and its features were outlined in gold. I placed my hand on the hilt and pulled the sword free from its hold, finding that the hilt and my hand seemed to mold together comfortably. On the blade there were words engraved.

"`The flames in my heart burns with my dragon blood. All enemies before me shall met their end by my claws.'" I read out loud with confusion.

"All will be revealed when then one who was lost returns." The dragon said.

I nodded in understanding and watched as the dragon turned it's massive body and entered the woods once more. Once the dragon was gone I got up and left for my room, being sure to avoid the guards since I was in no mood for their looks towards me. As I entered my room, I changed into my pajamas and crawled into my bed exhausted.

"Dealing with arrogant Kings is not my idea of fun." I mumbled tiredly as I let the realm of sleep take me in its arms.

To Be Continued….

(Sailor Universe: Sorry that it's so short, but I really need some sleep. I will try to update soon, but I need to work on some of my other fics too. Thanks for the support with my depression and I'll see you next time. I hope you guys understand a little bit about why Hitomi acts the way she does, plus it's partially my fault. Ok it's completely my fault because I'm getting tired of the usual weak and helpless girl act. I mean I'm fine with it in some stories because there are many stories that are written very well like that, but I'm one of the many headstrong females that doesn't sit back and take everyone's crap forever. Oh, see the review button? Push the review button! I will be very happy if you do! Bye!)