Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon Queen ❯ Fanelia ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Dragon Queen

Chapter 2: Fanelia

Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne.

~Hitomi's POV~

Everything was a blur to me. Van and I were surrounded by creatures that were a cross between wolves, and humans. I wasn't sure what to think at this point, but I hid my shock and confusion pretty well I think. I watched as Van talked to the leader, then he turned to me and said. "Let's go." All I could do was nod and walk to him as he led me to a huge furry creature that had a platform on its back for us to sit on.

I sat in a corner of the platform so I could see what was going on. In the corner of my eye I could see that Van was lazily lounged on what looked like a large fluffy pillow.

`Arrogant fool.' I thought with irritation when I noticed that he had a smug look, like he owned everything. `If he thinks that I'll bow before him, I'll teach him a lesson that he will never forget!'

I closed my eyes trying to meditate when I suddenly heard Van and the creature talking when they thought that I was asleep.

"Who's your friend Lord Van?"

"I wouldn't call her a friend. More like an annoyance that needs to learn her place." Van said with a voice of irritation.

`THAT ASS!' I thought in anger. `I'LL KILL HIM!'

"Is that so?" the creature asked in amusement.

"She had the nerve to threaten me." Van replied.

The creature chuckled slightly and then the two were quiet. That's when I opened my eyes and looked at Van. When I saw that Van noticed that I was looking at him I gave him a death glare that screamed `You are SO dead'.

~Van POV~

I noticed the way the girl Hitomi looked at me and noticed her death glare as well.

`So, the girl was awake the entire time huh? Oh well, she can't do anything to me.' I thought smugly and I gave her a smug look that said `You can't go anything to me'.

In turn she mouthed `Want a bet?' with an evil look. Then her face went blank and I could no longer read her emotions.

"We'll reach Fanelia by dawn." My old friend announced.

~Fanelia, Dawn~ (Still Van's POV)

"Now listen here girl. You are in my kingdom, and you will obey my laws." I said arrogantly.

I watched was she slowly turned her face to me, showing me the blank look on her face. The next words that she said to me shocked me to the core, but I didn't really know the full meaning of her words.

"Well Prince fuck shit, you can go fuck yourself because I don't obey anyone, but my self and if you wish to have full use of your skinny-ass body… then I suggest that you remember that."

The she turned her back to me and ignored me when I asked her what she meant. I looked at my old friend and his people, and noticed that they were as shocked as I am.

`No body talks to me like that!' I quickly shoved those thought away when I saw that we were at the gate. `Home.' I thought with a smile.

~Hitomi's POV~

`Well it looks like Mr. I-have-a-stick-up-my-ass-so-you-have-to-bow-before-me is stunned and confused with what I told him. It's amazing how it seems that they have no idea what kind of cruel, nasty words exist. Oh well, I don't plan on teaching them.'

As the gates opened, I saw a somewhat small town, but in the back you could see a massive castle on a hill.

`So, this is Fanelia.'

During my quick survey of the quaint country I saw that the whole country seemed to be present and looking at my ass of a companion. If that's what you want to call him, but I could think of something far worse. I also noticed that five very finely dressed men were in front of the crowd of people and looking at Van as if expecting something. I watched as Van walked forward and held up the Dragon's heart and announced.

"I have passed the trial of the Dragon Hunt. I have succeeded in slaying the dragon!"

`Stupid arrogant fool, I saved your ass and the Dragon LET you kill it for some god awful reason.' I thought with a sigh.

The people Fanelia all bowed before Van, and then the five men looked at the heart and bowed.

"You have indeed passed the test… King Van." One announced with a smile, then everyone began to cheer. The sound was deafening, but I was used to because of all of my fans around the world. I don't think that the new king was quite prepared for all the noise though. After seeing his slightly shocked face as he looked at his people, I couldn't help but shake my head at him.

`He's going to have a lot of problems in the future if he doesn't learn how to fix that.'

I sighed as the heat began to irritate me a bit and so I took off my jacket to reveal my tight, mid drift tank top and that's when I noticed something. The bruise on my arm was no longer a bruise. It was an image of a Chinese like dragon wrapped around a sword. The dragon seemed almost alive and ready to strike at any moment.

I took my eyes away from my new `tattoo' to see a bright pink haired cat-girl launch herself at Van while laughing and saying how much she missed him. That's when I noticed Van had a somewhat annoyed look on his face.

`Hmm… she looks like she's about 15 years old. She seems to have known Van for a long time, and yet he doesn't seem the least bit happy to see her. Poor kid, no one deserves to be treated like that.'

The girl seemed to have noticed me because she ran over to me, but not before I saw the slightly hurt look on her face when Van pushed her away.

"Hi! My names Merle! What's yours?" she asked with enthusiasm

I couldn't help, but to smile softly down at her before saying, "My name is Hitomi Kanzaki."

"Where did you come from? I've never seen anyone dress like you." The little cat-girl asked with enthusiastic.

Before I could answer her Van called out, "Merle, girl, lets go!"

I sighed and rolled my eyes at the demanding tone in his voice. Merle and I walked to him and got into the carriage that had arrived to take us to the castle. I glanced at Merle and saw that she was also slightly annoyed with Van's tone.

::Is he always like this?:: I whispered into her mind.

"Huh?" Merle looked at me in shock and confusion.

::Think with your mind Merle.:: I said.

::L-like this?:: she asked in confusion.

::Yes. You're a fast learner.::

::Thanks! And to answer your question earlier, he wasn't always like this.::

::Hmm… shall we get him back for his behavior?:: I asked.

::How?::

::Watch and learn.:: was all that I said.

Once we got into the castle I noticed that they had stone floors in the entrance.

`Well, this is as good as time as any.'

I focused my powers to one stone in front of Van and lifted it up. Not enough to be noticed, but enough to trip someone who wasn't careful. I watched with satisfaction as I saw Van's foot get caught on the stone and fall on his face. I merely walked over him and said, while mentally telling Merle to follow me.

"Be careful Van. If you don't respect gravity, it WILL bite you in the ass and make you remember why you're able to keep your feet on the ground."

Then I made the offensive stone move back into place as if it had never been moved.

~Van's POV~ (Before tripping.)

I walked into the entrance of my castle and instantly I felt the security of being home. I also felt somewhat victorious that the girl from the Mystic Moon obeyed my command when I told her to follow me.

`Maybe she finally learned who was in charge.' I thought with a smirk, but my arrogance was short lived. My foot was suddenly caught on a stone in the entryway and I fell on my face.

`What the hell?!' I thought in shock.

After my `tumble' I saw Merle and the `girl' walk over me. While the `girl' stepped over me she said, "Be careful Van. If you don't respect gravity, it WILL bite you in the ass and make you remember why you're able to keep your feet on the ground."

To Be Continued…

(Sailor Universe: Gomen, for not updating sooner, I've been sick and I've had way too many ideas running through my head at once. Plus I couldn't think of how to make this chapter longer, so I'll just end it here. If I think of something I'll add it and re-update it. Let me know what you think! Ja ne!)