Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The King of Sorrows ❯ The Perilous Vow ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue: The Perilous Vow

By: shiro*tenshi

"To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead."
-Bertrand Russell

Disclaimer: I do not own escaflowne or any of the characters in Esca that are here. I own the plot, though it was created by someone and is common, so whatever. Anyway, the title is probably used, cuz I guess it's not original. Anyway, read!

A/N: This is yet another continuation! I know, we're all tired of this! This is a bit different though! I've got more crap to put here and stuff, so stay tuned! Oh yeah, this has a melancholy type-twist thign! Enjoy!

The light rays of the sun shone on the pendant, the rays retracting within the pendant, allowing it to glisten. It was still warm as the young man held it. He smiled at the floating figure elevating towards the heavens of Gaia, by the pillar of light. As the light followed the figure towards the Mystic Moon, the young man's smile faded and he looked upon his omen, the pendant, his only token left of his love for her.

The young raven haired man headed towards the ruins of what was Fanelia. He looked among the ruins, ordering the citizens as well as the regiments of the country to rid and rebuild the ruins for Fanelia to be a country again.

"We have found a place from what was a palazzo to act as a temporairy throne room," said one surviving Advisor to the reknown king. Slowly, he walked up to the palazzo, his fingers still clasped around the pendant. The rebirth of Fanelia continued, more ruins were cleared and more buildings were constructed, all more stable than before.

One cold night, after the citizens returned to wherever their habitations may be, the young king stepped out onto the balcony of the palazzo. He looked upon the constructed buildings and seemed satisfied with the citizens work. He gave a silent prayer to his family and the lost people during the burning of Fanelia and looked again at the pendant. He held it towards the heavens and said:

For every day I have this pendant in my possession,
I vow that I will forever live in melancholy.
Everyday I am without her, I will love no other
For only I will love her when we are reunited again in Gaia.

The king returned to his sleeping quaters, the pendant in hand and gave a request to a nearby worker asking him to craft a fine platnium box to fit the momento of her. He climbed into his large canopy, truely fit for a king and gradually fell into the oblivion of sleep, his mind still on her.

For three years, the people helped in the ressurection of their beloved country, Fanelia. The young king simply watched them, contributing what he could, whenever he could and remained faithful to his vow. His palazzo became an imperial palace again, to his satisfaction. All the servants and guards returned, residing within the castle quaters. Fanelia itself had immigrants from the former Zaibach Empire, Ispano, even Auturia, all of Gaia came pouring into Fanelia, which had expanded. The people loved their king and were oblivious to his incompetent emotions, which were veiled by his love for Fanelia. When he came into reign, he had taken over parts of the former Zaibach Empire, Ispano (by treaty) and parts of Austuria, after he and the girl from the Mystic Moon saved all of Gaia.

Although his country became one of the most powerful, (not even surpassed by the next most powerful country in ranking, Austuria)the king's young heart was still in melancholy. Curse this vow. If I love her so much, she must come to me he thought. The king took the pendant, walked towards the balcony about to throw it, yet he looked at it. It was all he could keep as a token of her and placed it back into the sacred platnium box in memory of her. It was hand cassembled platnium with Ambient diamonds and rubies. The cushioned silk inside was made to hold the pendant. The king closed the box again, trying to ignore the contents of memory of her within the box and heal his heart, drowning in sorrow and pain.

A/N2: That was pretty bad, wasn't it? Anyway, I'm thinking of changing the titl! I've got Prophecies of Love, which is the original, but what do you think? I'm writing chapter 1, this is just a prologue! Anyway, I wrote the first chapter before this prologue and I hope you like that one!

-shiro*tenshi-

By: shiro*tenshi
©2001 by shiro tenshi
Prophecies of Love