Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The King of Sorrows ❯ Carpe Diem ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4:Carpe Diem

"Through me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved:
To rear me was the task of power divine,
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I shall endure.
All hope abandon, ye who enter here."
-Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy, The

Hitomi put the sword down and stared into Van's familiar red eyes. Her lips curved, forming a smile Van so longed to see again. She threw her creamy white arms around Van's neck with excitement, overjoyed to see him again. Van descended his eyes upon her, beaming with delight and hospitality for her return, He wrapped his arms around her in a tight and loving embrace. A smile appeared upon his lips when he bent his head down. "Van.' Hitomi sighed.

Allan rushed into the room, fearing for Van's life every moment he thought about the pillar of light. "Lord Van, did you spot the pillar of light? I believe it was heading towards--' Allan broke his sentence and looked at the two with recognition in his eyes.

Van pulled back from the embrace staring lovingly into Hitomi's emerald-green eyes. Looking back at Allan, he said with a smile "She came back to me."

Allan stared at the two, hesitated for a moment and curved his lips to form a jubilant smile. He stepped towards them, took Hitmoi's hand and kissed it. "You still behold the beauty and youth of the Hitomi I knew," he said as Van looked on.

Van looked at Hitomi. "How was your journey? Are you not overwhelmed with fatigue?"

Hitomi looked back at Van. "Short and surprising and my eyes have seemed blinded by the light of the pillar.

"I'll take you to the infirmary to get that checked," Van said as he took her hand. The two stepped out of the room as Allan stayed behind. He had known Van kept the pendant in an intricately carved platnium box. He paced around the chamber, (equivalent to the size of an adequate house) lokking for it. Finally he saw the box abd opened it, waiting to find the pendant inside. it expectingly was there, Allan being sure Van looked at it everyday. Something seemed peculiar about it, though. He held it up to his face and saw garnet eyes, a burning guymelef, armies and in the middle of it all, Hitmoi, clad in a white dress. Allan, shocked threw it back in and ran out of the room, heading towards the infirmary.

A/N: Well, that's all for now! I'm probably gonna continue doing this later in the month, since we Canadians have our March Break. Anyway, I'm really glad about Canada's improvements in the Olympics. We got 17 medals and won gold in both Women's and Men's hockey, breaking our 50-year losing streak for men's hockey! Well, bye!