Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Oracle Of The Phoenix ❯ Captain to Captain ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Escaflowne

Chapter 2

Captain to Captain

*****

Hitomi awoke with a jolt. She sat up and looked around her small room. Although this small room didn't feel like her small room on the earth. There was one window across from her bed, a circular door that she supposed was the way our. There was the bed she was sitting on, the desk/dresser in the corner and a small night table that was on the left side of her bed. There were many things on the wall; a couple of swords and, what looked like a very tattered map.

Hitomi played the scenario of last night over and over in her head. When she finally came to the decision that she wasn't dreaming and STILL wasn't dreaming and jumped out of the small bed, wavering a tad and walked to the round door and pulled it open. She still thought it was strange that the names here of all the pirates were all the same in her book. There were stairs leading up and out and stairs leading down. She walked upwards and her head poked out of the entrance and he breath caught in her chest. In front of her was the most beautiful, breathtaking sunrise she had ever seen. She climbed the rest of the way out and tumbled a bit to the left and then the right and then the left again. She kept doing this while trying to walk straight. She was no longer in her pajamas, no they were way too wet to sleep in, and instead she was in someone's shirt and some blue tattered shorts to sleep in.

She didn't see anyone anywhere, but she heard a little bit of talking coming from in front of her. She walked (the best she could) to the where the noise was coming from. She popped her head out from behind a few of the boxes and climbed the stairs.

Van, who was talking to some of his crew, stopped all of a sudden and looked Hitomi right in the eye. She stood up and walked towards him and crew, who all had their heads craned around to see what he was looking at.

Hitomi smiled and said, `It's a beautiful morning.' The crew let out a laugh.

`She be a strange one, can' tell `er mornin' from `er evenin'.' A girl with lengthily hair alleged.

`It be almost dusk missy.' Captain Van said, steeping down to her height.

`Oh. Oh well forget about that. You guys are real right?' Van looked at her strangely.

`I mean, real life pirates.'

`Aye, we savvy these water and we be the best pirates of them.' He used his arms again in his expression.

`That's so………neat!'

`Ye not be afraid missy? Not all pirates will be treatin' ye handsomely.' Came another one with long blonde hair.

`Afraid? I'm not afraid. This is so awesome.' They looked at each other and then Van spoke up again.

`Listen missy, ye can't be talkin' or dressin' like ye were when we got ye aboard. Ye gotta learn to speak like us, or ye can't be shown out in public.'

`That's right! Ye be attracting too much attention.' Merle shouted from behind her. Hitomi swung around and stumbled right into Van who caught her and balanced her once again.

`Still don't have them sea legs yet.' He commented.

`Right.' She said dusting herself off.

`Captain!' One of the crew shouted from a lookout stand. Van looked up and motioned his head for him to continue with what he was talking about.

`It be another shipwreck, probably from the Phenomenon, by the looks of it. There seems to be two people in a boat.' Hitomi walked over to the edge of the ship and yelled.

`HEY! CAN YOU HEAR ME!?' Van pulled her back abruptly and scolded her.

`Ye shut yer trap. We be taken no more passengers aboard missy, we be pirates, not a traveling service. Ye just be a special case.'

`But-' she stammered. `They might die!' she explained. `How can you let them die?'

`It be none of my concern, they have a boat. They wont be perished.'

`A boat maybe but-`

`Learn to hold yer tongue girl, or it might be cut out.' Merle said holding the tip of her dagger. Hitomi closed her mouth and pressed her lips tightly together.

`Now if we-'

`Well, well, well if it isn't Captain Van Fanel!' Shouted one of the people in the boat. Van looked towards them and squinted. And walked closer to the edge for a better look.

`It be Captain Arrow, Captain.'

`What kind of trouble ye be now?' Van yelled over the waters at Captain Arrow.

`We be in little trouble, Van. But will ye be willin' to help an ol' friend? We have no ores and the boat be sinkin' quickly.'

`Get another boat out there.' Van ordered to two of the crewmembers.

`Who is Captain Arrow?' asked Hitomi.

`Captain Edwina Arrow be the Captain of the Phenomenon until Dilandau and his men took over it. She just be jumping around from ship to ship now. She be a slightly crazy lass though. She helped me crew out once before and now to pay back the favor.'

`Has anyone ever tired to get the Phenomenon back?'

`Nye, with Dilandau bein' the captain only a fool would try.'

`A fool?' asked Arrow, jumping over the edge. `I be no fool!' She stood about a foot over Hitomi, 5foot 4, and had jet-black hair done up in a single tress falling down to her lower back. She was wearing a nice leather hat and was wearing a navy blue over coat and a white shirt underneath. She had on many belts, which held up her three swords and pouches. She had on baggy cotton pants and simple boots.

She had crystal blue eyes that were a little too close together, a small nose that looked as if it had been broken at least twice, and she had small lips that, when she smiled took up half of her face. She had many earrings on and many necklaces made of beads of all sizes, shells and teeth of sharks.

`That's why ye be attacked.' Van explained.

`Of course. Almost had me baby back until that dirty rat took most of me crew. It was sad. I got heads. Heads!' She wailed.

`Heads.' Hitomi said.

`Of course heads! If I had gotten tails, I would have let me crew die and take me ship back and jus' get a new crew.'

`You would let your crew die? That's absurd though.'

`Who be this girl Van? Another one?' she asked, ignoring Hitomi's question.

`Aye, another one. Fell from the sky, just like the first.'

Edwina eyed her and then reached into her pocket and pulled out a coin. She flipped it into the air and caught it. Putting it onto the top of her hand she removed the one covering it and looked at the design.

`Ye be a lucky girl. I be Captain Edwina Arrow.' She held out her hand and Hitomi contemplated grabbing it or jumping over the edge and drowning then sailing with this maniac.

`Hitomi Kanzaki.' She shook her hand firmly.

`Where is it ye be headin' Van' she said after letting go of Hitomi's hand.

`The Austerian port.'

`Austeria, what a fine place to be docking.' She sighed and leaned on the edge of the ship. `There goes another one. Van,' she grabbed the person she was sailing with. `This be Serenity Gelding, the only crew member not to be captured.' She was a short, but a thin girl. She had shoulder length blonde hair tied up with ribbons and had brown eyes. She wore a leather vest and a couple of baggy shirts underneath. She had on a pair of green pants and they were rolled up to around her knees and boots that looked a tad to big. She had belts around her waist and a sheath holding her single dagger.

Serenity smiled and said hi and Van did the same as well as most of the crew. Hitomi really didn't feel safe sailing with this, Arrow character but if she wanted help, she'd have to live with it.

*****

It's all true, about Edwina……… She did break her nose twice. Once by getting into a bar fight (she got a 5 on a dice which is like tails.) and the second time she had pissed off a thief and he hit her with the hilt of his sword resulting in the second breakage of her nose and her lovely charisma of 17 went down to 15. Oh well………

Anyone please review and tell me what you think okay? Bai, bai! ^ ~

Yours truly,


~Sweet Roses