Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Oracle Of The Phoenix ❯ Docking at the port ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Escaflowne

I do not own Escaflowne

Chapter 3

Docking at the Port

*****

Hitomi was leaning on the rail of the ship staring out to sea, the stars and moon casting an eerie glow over the waters.

Van was standing proudly at the front of the ship with Merle and Allen near him. There were a few other crewmembers "swabbing" deck while the others checked the ropes and made sure everything was in order.

Serenity was acting as a lookout on the lower part while one of Van's crewmembers that went by the name Milerna, was up top looking out as well. Captain Arrow, however, wasn't doing much. She had her hat tipped down just above her eyes and was leaning against the side of the ship. She had in her hands her coin and was flipping it subconsciously when suddenly another face appeared in front of hers.

`What are ye doin' girl?' Asked Captain Arrow a little shocked.

`Well,' she started sitting down on her heals and blacklegs and balancing on her toes. She had her arms wrapped around her knees. `I was wondering. What did you do for Van that made him save you?'

Edwina flicked her hat so that it sat on the top of her head. (A/N shut up……… it's not my fault that it rhymes.) `I only helped him the first time he was burdened with a girl savvy?'

`Ehn……… I guess. But other girl?'

`Aye. I say it be `round six years now.' She said recollecting, still flipping the coin.

`What was her name?' Hitomi asked shifting her weight on her other foot now.

`Well, Van be the one you should be askin'. I don' know much about that issue.'

`Oh. Can I ask you another question?'

`You haven' stopped yet have ye?'

`Um, sorry. Why do you have that coin?'

`This here coin, well,' she smiled and stopped flipping it and held it in her hand before speaking again. `It be my lucky coin. It makes all the decisions for Me.' she flipped the coin again and caught it, bearing it's side. Tails.

`Ye see,' she said sighing. `When I get heads……… it usually is a downside……… like when me crew got captured by the rat, I told meself, `Now Arrow, ye got two choices, tails ye get yer ship back forget about the consequences, and heads let him take ye men and ye ship and get them both back later. If they not be dead now' and I got heads. Sometimes heads results in good things and sometimes bad, as with the tails.' She looked at the coin between her fingers; she was rolling it back and forth.

`What was that about then? When you just flipped it.'

She stretched and put her hands behind her head, knocking her hat into her eyes. `That was about whether I tell ye or not. Now let me be girl.'

Hitomi stood up and turned around. Merle and Allen had both gone off and Van was left looked out the side, looking for a port. She rubbed her arms; it was starting to get cold.

`V- Captain Van.' Said Hitomi, walking up to him and standing beside him. `What were you and Captain Arrow talking about earlier……… you know about the girl, who fell from the sky.'

`Her name? Aye, her name was pretty, like yours.' He rested his chin on his fist. `Her name………was Isabeau Grewhawk. She fell from the sky, just like you.'

`She, I know her. She writes all the books I read……… about you.'

`What?'

`Yes………she writes about you and the Phoenix Ocean. She has many books out, a very famous author and has been for three years now. She has her trilogy, `Shadow of Ocean Phoenix out. What happened when she was with you? No wait, don't answer that!'

`Ye might want to get some sleep. Tomorrow be a big day. We should be dockin' by mornin, if not sooner.'

`I'll just try and blend in I suppose……… what shall I be wearing?'

`I'll see what Captain Arrow thinks……… she be particularly better at that then I am.'

`About the captain of the Phenomenon, have you ever fought him?'

`Aye. Twice. The first time is when I saved the girl from him. He be talkin' on like she be some kind of prophet. The second time was when I met Arrow for the first time. I almost regret helping her out, but then she helped me out many times as well, a lot with the girl with me.' He got up and walked over the wheel placing his hands on it and moving it slightly.

`How did you get her home Van?'

`I don' know. She just started to fade one day and then she disappeared. We were all wonderin' what happened to the lass, but we could find no trace. The next I knew, Arrow had left the next day, said she got heads and was off to find her ship.'

`It's so……… peculiar. Am I just going to disappear too?' She asked walking closer to him. He turned around and grabbed her shoulders.

`Listen to me love, what every yer case be; I'm sure ye will get home some way or other. But I promise, I will take ye as far as I can.' And he let her go.

`You're a pirate.' She started. `Why are you being so………not pirate like?' He turned back around.

`Go to sleep please.' He walked away leaving her behind by the wheel. She stared at it for moment and then decided it was best the she does go to sleep; she was getting tired.

*****

Hitomi awoke lying face down and sprawled all over the bed. She opened her eyes lazily and squinted at the light pouring through the little round window. She sat up and rubbed her eyes she did her best to fix her hair, which was standing up on the right side. Walking up stairs she heard a lot of bustle and it really didn't feel like she was moving at all. `Maybe I finally got my sea legs' she thought opening the door and noticing the huge dock beside the ship and frowned, `likely.'

`Hey………put these on and then come up here. Ye be dressed for a freak show here.' Merle handed her some cloths and jumped off the ship onto the dock at least 8 feet up and continued walking to where, when Hitomi's eyes followed her, led to Van and some others.

`I'll be waitin for ye girl, so ye better be hurryin' up.' Hitomi looked behind herself and saw Edwina leaning on a sail pole holding her coin in her hand.

*****

Okay, I know, short. But hey it did take me two hours of my homework time. I have loads so be patient please. Okies.

Huggles to all and thanks for reviewing if you did!

Yours truly,

Sweet roses

^ ~