Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Otherside ❯ shot's ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Other Side
By A.G.Galvez
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters of Escaflowne. These characters belong to Bandai and Sunrise. Don't own, don't sue. I'm sure you all get the drill.
Chapter 4 shot's
Hitomy stood outside the French doors looking at the sign above the door. It read La Nueva Children Hospital. She Breath in deeply and push the doors open. Walking in she walked to an old lady at the front desk.
"Excuse me, I'm Hitomy Kanzaki. I'm the new intern.They showed me the hospital yesterday. I just need to know were I need to go?" Hitomy asked her in the most polite voice possible.
"Sure, Ms.Kanzaki just go tho the locker room and put your things up, and i' ll give you all that you need. So that you can get your day stared." She said in too sweet voice.
Hitomy just nodded and turn around. She headed to the locker room expecting that there was no one there to question her.Entering the locker room she went directly to her locker. She put her stuff up and took out her white coat out that had her name on it. Putting it on she got her clipboard and a few lollipops and left to get back to the lady at the front desk.
As soon as the lady at the front desk saw her she got up and started talking.
"Ms. Kanzaki, I'm Mrs.Stave. I put all the files of the children you are to check in th at green tray. Just get them as you go and when your done just put them in the blue tray. Her is your tesascope.
Also her is a paper that tells you the C.H.O.L.N. rules and basic information and a map in the last page as well" she said in that same voice.
Hitomy gave her thanks and with a nod she headed for the green tray.
oOo
After six hours of patient Hitomy was happy to see that she had only one more patient. Dr.Robinson gave her this last one because he had to go to his child school for a conference. She couldn't say no. So here she was knocking at room 89. Hitomy entered the room to see the back of a young man and the a little girl hiding under the covers. She could not help fell a smile tug at her mouth. She cleared her voice. "Hello, Sorry Dr.Robinson could not attend you but he left me to take over." She smile at the girl that stuck he head out of the covers at the sound of her voice.Then the young man turned with a relieved look to know that it was a new doctor.
But looking at her good. He felt his jaw drop, as his eyes grow, just looking at her. She ignored him and walk up to the girl. From afar she saw she had chicken pops. She grab a chair and moved right next to her. In a Sweet voice she asked" So what is your name little one?" The little girl losing her shyness sat down and said in a cute voice "Merle."
"Well Merle I'm Hitomy. Can you please tell me how old you are Honey?"
"Seven"
"Wow, seven your a big girl now Merle. Well, Merle it seem you got the Chicken pop. Will you let me give you a check up to I can make sure that's all you got?"
The little girl nodded and Hitomy got her thing and did their check up on Merle. When she was done she wrote all this in Merle files.Looking over the file she saw that Merle shot's were due. So getting up she walked around to the young man. Looking at him she beckon him to follow her.
"Sorry,but I have to ask. Are you one of Merle's family member?"
"Yes, I'm her brother"
"Good, Well I was looking over Merle's file and I saw her shot's were due.So if you want we can get it over with."
" Yeah, If that's all"
"Yes, that's all she only has the chicken pop's so I'll proscribe her some antibiotics and she be good in a week or less." she said as she saw him nodded.
" Okay Mr. Fanel I'll go get the things" and with that she left.
< 10 min later >
Walking in she heard Merle's big brother reciting a poem. She stayed at the door listening to him.
'Twas noontide of summer,
And mid-time of night;
And stars, in their orbits,
Shone pale, thro' the light
Of the brighter, cold moon,
'Mid planets her slaves,
Herself in the Heavens,
Her beam on the waves.
I gazed awhile
On her cold smile;
Too cold- too cold for me-
There pass'd, as a shroud,
A fleecy cloud,
And I turned away to thee,
Proud Evening Star,
In thy glory afar,
And dearer thy beam shall be;
For joy to my heart
Is the proud part
Thou bearest in Heaven at night,
And more I admire
Thy distant fire,
Than that colder, lowly light.
"That's Evening Star by Edgar Allan Poe. I love his work."
She sat down and put the tray on the table next to the bed."Merle, Honey, I need to give you a shoot love. But if your a good girl I'll give you a loli-pop and you can pick your band-aid.You can ask me as many question's as you like while I'm doing this."She said giving the girl a smile for reassurance. The little girl smiled and stretching out her arm she open her mouth.
"Hitomy how old ar you? You look just like Van"
"I'm 17 years old.Soon to be 18. I'm very smart so ween I was 7 I graduated high school and went to college. So, now in a few month I'm going to graduate as a Pediatrician."
"Wow, my brother is 18 his going to be 19 soon and then will have a big party. Thought his not as smart as you his still the best. But back to the party.You have to come Hitomy."
"I think your brother may want all his love ones and friends there not some boring old girl he meet today"
"Van, Please tell Hitomy to come! Make her come! Please!" she beg in a loud voice.
Van smiled. He was so happy that his sister was begging this of him. He so so happy that he was going to invite this angel to his birthday party.Turning to face her. She notice she was doing all in her power to avoid his eyes as red roses bloomed on her face." Hitomy would you please come to my birthday party. I won't take no for a answer. You can't say no to my special day."
"Let me think about it. I berly came her two days ago. My brother berly let me come to work today because he said I need to settle down. I have not seen my family for seven years. So I have to ask him okay."
"Thanks all I ask. Is it okay if I can get your digits. So I can know if it's okay with your brother."
"Mr.Fanel you are quite persistent. Sure, her is my card. That's my cell phone number."
She had finish with giving Merle her shot's and getting out the box of band-aids she held them out to Merle. She pick a pink one with orange little cats all over. Putting it on she gave Merle the loli-pop promised. "Well, that was all. I all ready printed the prescription so you guy are all set to go. Any questions?
"Hitomy?"
"Yes, Merle"
"Are you wearing contact's?"
"No.These are my natural eyes."
"There really beautiful"
"Thank you"
"My Brother thinks your beautiful."
"Does he."
"MERLE!" Van yelled.
"What?"
"Shut up."
"It's okay Mr. Fanal you know little kids"
"Yeah, they are all big mouth little lunatics."
"NO I'm not! Besides I have a goldfish." Merle yelled.
"What does that have to do with anything?"
"That mean Mr. Fanel That she is right."
"Yes, Hitomy.We are always right. Girl Power!"
"Well Merle and Mr. Fanel this is my stop. Just go to the front desk and you can get all settle there. I hope to see you guys around. It's been fun. c-ya." she said and waved them good bye. She had to smile this two really lighted up her day. She still had to talk to Dr. Moreno.
oOo Van P.O.V. oOo
He had just drop off Merle (aka Crazy cat girl) home. Living her Millerna. He need some time to think. Well , the only thing that came to mind was that girl Hitomy. He could not believe she was 17 years old. She must of been really smart. Why would she even look at him. She probably all ready forgot about him. Merle just had to open her big mouth. But maybe he can ask her out if she even remembers about his birthday party. But still she was something. She was so beautiful. Ween she came in to the room. He thought he was looking at an angle. Her Honey gold hair toboling down her back. Her mystic green eye as green as emeralds.
Stopping at the stop sign. He look at the people waiting at the bus stop. He could not believe it. Sitting with her nose stuck in a book was her. Hitomy. He rolled down his window's and called her name. She looked up and smiled at him. She said in her angelic voice "Van, hi what brings you here?" He really loved her voice. She was so sweet and caring . He asked her if she wanted a ride. She hesitated and ask if he knew were Chou-gun was. He responded with a nodded. She said if he could take her there she really appreciated. He lean over and open the door for her and she sat down in the passenger seats.
"So Hitomy where were you studying before you came her?"
"Harvard"
"What! You where studying at the best school and you gave that up to come her.Why, Why would you do that?"
"I really missed my dad and big brother. So I transfer her so I can do my last year here. I did part of this year over there so I only need a couple of month more and I'll graduate. So, I came her now so I can be settled now then wait after I graduate and make a new life here then."
"You must really love you dad and brother allot to do that for them."
"Yes, I love them a lot . I hadn't seen them for seven years. I was going crazy."
"Yeah, I some times hate Merle but I don't know what I'll do without her."
"Yeah, So look I really will try to go to your birthday party. I like to meet more than my brothers friend. Besides if Merle is going to be there this is going to be fun."
"Okay, that's cool. If you do come is it okay if I pick you up?"
"Sure , when is it?
" In about three weeks. It's on the 26 of September. I think it's on a Friday. My friends want to start at a 4 pm."
"Sure, I think my brother will let me go. You can pick me up at the hospital at around 3:30."
"That's fine with me. Well here is your stop. I hope you have a pleasant dinner."
"Thanks my brother is meeting me here. If it was not for you I'd be very lost. Thanks Mr.Fanel."
"Look Hitomy don't call me Mr.Fanel. Just Van is fine with me. Oh, also is it okay if I call you sometime maybe I can show you around La Nueva and stuff."
"Sure, Van that be great. Just call me I think the cared has the time I'm available. Well, Thanks for the ride. I'll see you around, and don't forget to call me." she said and gave him a smile as she step out of the car. He watch her go in to the restaurant. Till them he drove off. Think of her words and that soon he was going to take her out on a date.
__________________At the restaurant______________________
Hitomy entered the restaurant and sat down were the waiter tolled her her brother had reserved. He finally came and looking at her he smiled and sat down.
"Hitomy how was you first day?"
"It was great. For a first day."
The waiter came and asked for what they wanted. She asked her brother what would be best because she never ate her before. He order for both of them. And soon there was a cook cooking there food. She was so amazed. She could not help but marvel at the cook's deafness.
That day she and her brother ate and talk about everything. She had a great time. She and Mauro had catch up and they were laughing and joking around like old times. She entered her room after her bath and changing into her night gown she fell to asleep in her bed.
oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo oOo


A*N*:
Hi well Sorry for all the misspelled word. I hope you injoy it. Read and review please if i get 5 review i'll update asap( about 2-3 days tops) SO REVIEW! If you got questions tell me and i'll try to answer them in the next chapters A*N* Okay well good luck to all.













< br>

Converting /tmp/phpzAkcrU to /dev/stdout