Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Three Sides to the Coin ❯ Conflicting Reasons ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title : Three Sides to the Coin

Part : one / seven

Part Title : Conflicting Reasons

Authour : ~sushisama~ (sbolce@esper.com)

Warnings : Yaoi / shounen-ai, my friends! This is an angst fic between Dilandau and Folken, and Dilandau and Van. There isn't going to be much sexual content, side from some citrus, until the final chapter, which will be lemon.

Disclaimer : Tenkuu no Escaflowne and all characters within in this fic are copyrighted to Sunrise. Don't bother suing, because, even though I have money, it isn't much.

Notes : Part one! Ho-hum, how fun. I actually put some thought into this one. Amazing, isn't it? Teehee. I'd like to point out, just like I had before, that I've seen very little of this series, and remember even less of it. If something's out of place, either ignore it and pretend it's something AU-ish (that a word?) or yell at me via email, and I may or may not fix it. Read and review, please.
Message board. I now have a message board you all can post reviews and comments to, and that I can post replies back to you. W00t! http://sushisama.hyperboards2.com

/ / = thoughts [ ] = dreams ( ) = flashbacks

::*~~*::

The next few weeks went with little to no incident. Folken, however, seemed to be avoiding Dilandau, something that annoyed the Dragonslayer greatly. Whenever they were forced to do something together, the teen would somehow sneak in silent whispers of longing into the man's ear, giving him feather-light caresses. Each time, however, Folken would ignore him or shove him away, being as stoic as ever.

Dilandau was finally getting the hint that Folken wasn't going to cave in easily. It was not that Folken did not want him; no, it was quite the opposite of that. He could see the obvious longing in the Strategos eyes, longing he seemed to believe whole-heartedly that he couldn't fulfill, another thing that had been frustrating Dilandau.

What was wrong with a little distraction? He was still confused as to what happened that night. One moment he was on Folken's lap, ready to let the man have him, the next he was being shoved away with a pathetic excuse.

"It is a distraction. We should not let ourselves fall into such... business."

What was that supposed to mean? He wanted to ask him, but he never got a long enough time alone with the commander, that added to the fact Folken was still avoiding him. Not to mention with the hormones Dilandau had, if he did get a long enough time alone with him, he'd jump the man instantly.

His desire for Folken grew more and more each day. He even started to notice all the features of him he had missed before. How attractive he looked with his well-defined body but modest-some-what monstrous-looking right arm. How sad he seems with that tear under his eye, one that Dilandau kept wanted to just lick away for him...

/ Ch'! How girly of me to want to lick his sadness away, / he thought bitterly to himself. / I'd much rather be fucking his brains out... /

After a month after his rejection, Dilandau finally found his chance to talk to Folken. The commander had asked him in and was talking about something-or-another(probably something to do with tactics). Dilandau was only half-paying attention, if that much. His mind was buzzing in different directions, thinking of what he should say to get the conversation started. And what to say that wouldn't lead him to just leaping at Folken and ravishing him. He felt that if he was going to do this that the other party should at least give consent. He didn't know why he would honestly care, though. All these feelings were really starting to bother him...

He became lost in his thoughts, unaware when Folken had stopped talking to him. His feet were perched up on the small table in the Strategos' room, his chin resting on his palm. To Folken it looked like the child was bored out of his mind. He frowned.

"You're not listening are you, Dilandau?" he asked sternly.

Dilandau snapped from his reveries, his attention reached by someone speaking his name. He looked up at Folken, an almost innocent look in his eyes. Though, Folken knew for a fact that the child was far from innocent.

"Huh?" Dilandau said dumbly.

"Is something on your mind, Dilandau?" Folken asked curiously, some-what fearing the answer.

"Ah, just somewhat..." He chuckled. "... distracted." He grinned ferally.

Folken's brow creased in worry. He had a feeling Dilandau would bring this up, sooner or later. "Odd choice of words. What are you distracted by?"

The teen looked angry briefly before it faded to something more of a predatorily visage. "My dear Strategos, don't play dumb. You know exactly what I'm thinking about."

Folken sighed. "Dilandau, please. Just forget it. It should've never got as far as it got..."

"It didn't get far, Folken," Dilandau hissed, becoming agitated. "It got nowhere." He stood from his chair, no longer feeling like he could sit still. He paced to the center of the room, mumbling, "but it should've at least gotten somewhere."

Folken sighed once more. "No, it shouldn't have. Why can you not let this go?"

Dilandau turned abruptly to the commander and strode over to him, looking determined. "Why can't you?" he growled. "I see it in your eyes, Folken. You want this as much as I. Why not let yourself go?"

"What makes you so sure, Dilandau?" Folken asked, his stoic façade in place.

"Am I not good enough for you, Folken? Are you saying you do not desire me?" Something in Dilandau's chest panged at the thought. It hurt, to b rejected in such a manner...

"No, I'm not saying that," Folken defended sincerely. "I am just saying that you should not be so certain that I want you as much as you want me."

"Then you do not deny wanting me?"

"Dilandau," Folken said in a warning tone.

Dilandau leaned a little on the table, staring straight into Folken's eyes. "Why hold back? It's more distracting if we don't than if we do, you know? Come on, Folken.." He leaned in close to his commander, barely touching the older man's lips before being roughly shoved away.

"What is wrong with you?" Dilandau hissed. "Why won't you do this?"

"I told you - I will not be caught up in such a distraction." Folken stood from his seat, standing next to Dilandau. "Now, if we are done talking, I think that you should -"

"Are you that much of a coward?" Dilandau interrupted. "Hiding behind an excuse, instead of going after what you want? Do I scare you, Folken?"

Folken's stoic expression phased to one of anger as he pushed Dilandau back onto the table, making the child grip the edges so he did not fall onto the wood. Folken's left hand was to Dilandau's side while his prosthetic hand came to his cheek, gently running down, sending a shiver through Dilandau.

"I am no coward, Dilandau," Folken said in a harsh tone. "I take what I want. No questions asked." He leaned in close, his lips inches from Dilandau's.

Dilandau allowed his eyelids to sink half-way, liking how this was being to turn out. "Then why not take what you want, Folken?" he purred. "I'm right here, defenseless..." He smiled.

Folken took on his stoic expression once more. "Would you be angry with me if I didn't?"

"Very. It would only add to the frustration you gave me last time."

"What will you do, if I don't make the first move?"

"What can I do? You've done nothing but ignore my advances so far." He sneered. "It seems that I have to wait on you for the first move, or nothing will happen."

Folken smiled slyly. "Then you'll just have to wait, now won't you?"

"Folken!" Dilandau yelped, his voice almost reaching that of pleading. "Don't... Folken, please, don't reject me again..."

The Strategos kissed the bridge of the child's nose affectionately, whispering, "I'm not rejecting you, Dilandau. Not entirely, anyways."

"Then what are you doing?" Dilandau's voice had gone eerily soft.

"I... I'm not sure yet," Folken admitted. "I just can't take you, Dilandau, even if I do want you."

"But why?"

Folken shook his head. "You wouldn't understand..." He sighed and straightened himself out. "You should go now."

Dilandau stay where he was, staring blankly at the commander. "What wouldn't I understand, Folken?"

"Please, Dilandau, just leave." He sighed. "I need to think about this..."

"What's there to think about?" Dilandau reached out and clasped his arms around Folken's neck, pulling himself up so he could kiss the man. However, Folken put a finger to the child's lips and pushed him away slightly. "Folken--?"

"You're angry with me, remember?" he spoke softly. "I have to make the first move, or nothing gets done. Keep that in mind." With that said, he leant down and brushed his lips gently along Dilandau's, only in a feather-light caress. He gently pushed the boy away, smiling some-what. "Now, go away. I'm done talking about this."

Dilandau sighed in defeat, detaching himself from the Strategos. He was going to get nowhere at this rate. Why even bother? He began to walk out, before stopping and facing the commander again. "Folken," he called.

"Yes?" Folken replied, turning slightly in his direction.

"Don't take too long to think about it - you may lose your chance." / Not likely, I don't know who else I'd go for, but it might provoke him... /

Folken frowned in a little. "I hope I don't," he muttered, allowing Dilandau to just barely hear it.

Feeling some-what satisfied with that answer, the Dragonslayer turned towards the door and left. He was glad to know that Folken at least felt something for him, but felt horrible about the fact that he was playing on it. Oh, gods, did he want that man. It almost hurt inside to think of having someone else to be with, though he wasn't quite certain what the big deal was. So what if he found someone that was willing to go along with his lust? Folken would've just missed out on his chance then, it would be his fault.

Then why did it hurt so much to think of being with anyone else? It was disturbing...

Would he be able to wait for Folken? Would he have to choose someone else to satisfy his needs in the end?

/ Please, Folken... / he pleaded silently as he walked back to his chambers. / Don't take too long to decide... /

I apparently love that sappy stuff, huh? Fluff is the best, man... Anyways, this part's short, I know, but next time will be longer. I swear to you guys. And for you DilandauxVan lovers, that's coming up in the next part, too. I will update tomorrow. ^_^ Read and review!