Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Two souls ... two destinies ❯ Time to rgret and to cry; [Part I] ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

JESUS CRIST! I just noticed something. This think is putting all my names wrong. It's not Yukâ it's Yuki, Not Ureshiú but Ureshiu and for God's sake, not FanÃ'lia but Fanelia. Sorry folks! Not my fault! I wrote it the correct way. Sorry once again!

Disclaimer: Of course I own Escaflowne! Who else would own it? … I was just kidding! Of course I don't own it (Wish for it in my dreams), such a masterpiece as Escaflowne, only could be made by a genius (witch I am not!). But I do own all the characters that I created, witch don't appear on the show or mangas. These people are: Marta, Farge, Christina, Kokato, Drid, Zardus, Ureshiu, Yuki, Soru, Sano, Mika, Sotski, and all the others that appear and that I forgot to mention.

I love you all, so just read it and than say what you think about it. Just review and I will be pleased to answer all your questions! Nice reading!

The vision of Escaflowne: Two souls … two destinies

Chapter 11: Time to regret and to cry (Part I).

#Previously: Marta and Van were at the training-room talking about what was happening between Van and Hitomi.#

"What do you mean with `nothing'?" - she asked, laying down on the floor, too.

"Nothing! Really nothing!" - he turned to her, resting his head on his left hand and looking deep in her eyes. - "What about you and Zardus?"

She laughed. - "Van … please! There's nothing between me and Zardus!" - he leaned over her and closed his lips to hers.

"If you say so!" - he was so close … so close.

"Stop!" - she pushed him away and got up. - "We talked about this already!" - he got up too, and grabbed her arms, forcing her to turn around.

"Well, I think we talked about nothing!" - he, again, tried to kiss her, and she again, pushed him away and slapped him.

"Try that again, and you'll never see me again!" - She picked her weapon up and got out from the room, trying not to cry.

Van placed one of his hands on the place were she had slapped him and slightly massaged it. - "She is much stronger than Hitomi!" - he smiled and got out, to the throne room.

~*~*~

Zardus' underground fortress:

"The men are all ready! The Guymelefs are all up! We are ready to go Sir!" - Soru stated to Zardus.

"Very well! I'll be there in a minute, leave me alone meanwhile!" - Soru left the room and Zardus observed the little flame from a candle. It was almost hypnotizing. The flame `moved' and almost shout with Zardus' breath. He shout it out with his fingers, and left the room … ready to revenge.

~*~*~

"You have a nice hair Merle!" - Marta was on Merle's room, making her a tress braid. While that, Merle was combing Hitomi's hair.

"Thanks Marta!" - Merle said, not stopping what she was doing. - "I was wonde …"

Marta, Hitomi and Merle fell to the floor, as a big explosion was felt, right outside the Palace. They could hear the soldiers running through the corridors, trying to reach the Guymelefs' yard.

"What's happening now?" - Merle asked, trying to get up, from behind the amount of spoils that where all over her private quarters.

Marta and Hitomi got up, and immediately run out of the room. Marta opened her room's door and picked up her weapon. Hitomi picked up her sword, and both went outside.

~*~*~

"Oh my god!" - Hitomi's and Marta's eyes wined up in disbelief, as they saw the whole Palace ruined. Zardus' Guymelefs were destroying everything that appeared in front. - "I-I can't b-believe Zardus did this!" - Hitomi started crying, while Marta fought with some soldiers.

"HITOMI!" - she called out. Hitomi looked up at her and saw six guys attacking her. She couldn't deal with them all. - "Do you mind?" - Marta asked sarcastically. Hitomi sheathed her sword and helped Marta with the soldiers, soon more came and the girls hadn't one second of peace.

"DIE!" - the two girls turned, just in time to see Zardus cutting Scherazade' left arm and leg. Allen opened the cockpit, just in time not to be killed by the sword from Zardus' Guymelef. Allen' left arm was bleeding and Celena forced him to get to a more safe place. Hitomi looked astonished, seeing Zardus killing every man that came in front of him.

"Hitomi! Get out of here! You're not in the proper conditions to fight!" - Hitomi dropped her sword to he floor and run, after Celena and Allen, still crying. Marta had to fight alone, as more and more soldiers came to her. Ones she sent to the hair, hitting them with the huge metal ball. She cutted others legs, with the blade. - "Training has its advantages!" - she muttered to herself. Then she felt that familiar light, the one that days before, transported them to the desert. When she opened her eyes, she saw that they were at the desert. Just her, Escaflowne, Zardus', Yuki's and Ureshiu's Guymelefs.

A creepy laugh could be heard, coming from the inside of Zardus' Guymelef. Just hearing it froze Marta.

"Well, well, well! What do we have here?" - he smirked. Looking at the scared face that Van held. - "A little girl and a stupid machine, with a stupid king inside!" - he laugh again. - "Unfortunately … not for long!" - without thinking twice, Zardus attacked Van. Yuki and Ureshiu went too. Van was alone, against the three. Marta could only watch, as Zardus and the others, scratched Escaflowne all over the place.

She didn't knew that Van felt Escaflowne's pain, but when she heard his pain cries, she realised that she had to do something.

An angry Van, with his last strength, knocked out Zardus and Ureshiu, cutting their Guymelefs' legs off. But he missed Yuki, who wanted to kill him at any cost. He avoided her first attack and stepped back.

Van was breathing heavily. His arms and legs were bleeding and his view was foggy. He was loosing conciseness. Escaflowne felt to his knees and Yuki prepared to cut him in two. With a yell of war she launched her sword towards Escaflowne's head.

"Stop!" - Yuki stopped her sword, right above Marta's head. She froze seeing that she could have killed her.

"Get out of there Marta!" - Marta had climbed up Escaflowne's knee and was up, with her arms open. The hot wind that blew agitated her hair and her shirt. She said no with her head. - "Do you want to die, just because of that bastard?" - Yuki yelled, almost crying.

"If you really believe I'm you're sister, you'll let him go!" - Yuki stepped back a little. But Zardus, that had left his Guymelef, approached.

"Get out of there now!" - he yelled at her.

"No way! I'll go with you, but let him live!" - Zardus closed his eyes and smiled.

"That's out of question Marta!" - Marta looked at him puzzled, still don't understanding why so much hate. Van had already lost his consciousness, inside Escaflowne's cockpit.

"Why? Why are you doing this? I thought you were a good person!" - she started to cry, but stood still, waiting for an answer.

"I trusted her and she betrayed me!" - Marta's eyes wined up. «Then that's why! All of this cause Hitomi kissed Van!»

"You don't understand! She regrets it! Why didn't you talk to her first? Why did you had to give up all this lives?" - he stared at her, trying to understand. Hitomi was sorry? No, that couldn't be!

"I don't believe you! Maybe you're just a liar as she is!" - he sheathed his sword and aimed at her. - "Get the hell out of there, or I'll get you myself!"

"STUPID!" - Zardus eyes wined up in disbelief. - "You're so stupid that you can't understand what happened! I understood. Why can't you do the same? Is it that difficult?" - Zardus observed her for large moments. Then he put his sword back and said Yuki and Ureshiu they were going to leave.

"You won! I'll leave … for now!" - Yuki's Guymelef grabbed Zardus and Ureshiu, and prepared to teletransport.

"WAIT!" - the three looked down at her, that was still on the knee of Escaflowne. - "Please … take us to Fanelia! He is too weak and I can't pilot Escaflowne!" - Yuki looked at Zardus who sighed and ordered her to do so. She pressed the button and they still heard Marta thanking them. Soon they were on Zardus' underground fortress.

Zardus, got to a huge machine and pressed a button, soon all his Guymelefs and soldiers were back in his fortress.

~*~*~

Marta looked around. They were back in Fanelia … but … this wasn't the Fanelia she remembers off. Thousands of injured people on the streets. Houses destroyed.

They were at the gardens, now full of ruins from he Palace. Marta called for Van, but no answer.

"Van …VAN, come on! Say something!" - she started to cry. Inside Escaflowne, Van began to wake up and managed to open Escaflowne's cockpit and to get out. He almost fell, but Marta helped him back to the Palace.

"Your majesty! Are you all right? We need to call a doctor immediately!" - Kokato run through the corridor, looking for a doctor.

Happily, only some parts of the palace had been destroyed. Van's room hadn't and Marta took him there. He was almost loosing his consciousness again and Marta started to desperate.

"Come on Van! Hold on! Just … oh … here I go again!" - she placed her hands above his heart and concentrated in healing him. Slowly, Van started coming back and gaining colour. Kokato and the doctors, who had just come in, stood still and amazed by the sight.

Marta stopped, she was getting too weak, yet she could see Van was better.

She got up, with some difficulty, and opened the window, trying, heavily to get up her breath.

"I-It's amazing! His majesty's wounds are healed." - Kokato sighed in relief. - "He has just some fever, but nothing to worry about!" - he walked to Marta. -"Lady Marta, you should get some rest!" - she smiled and turned around, walking to where she first was. She sat on the edge of the bed.

"I don't need to! Just go and help the others! I'll stay with Van!" - Kokato prepared to protest, but Marta's look said him not to. He and the doctors got out, to help the others. She slightly removed a tip of hair from Van's eye and whispered to his hear. - "All of this because of a women!" - she sighed and got to the bathroom, bringing some water and small towels, to `clean' his feverous forehead. - "Men!" - she sighed once more.

~*~*~

"Where's Van-sama?" - Merle asked to Kokato, grabbing his shirt's necklace. Hitomi, Celena and Allen were right beside her, waiting for the answer. Christina and Sano were helping the doctors.

"He is on his private quarters!" - he said reluctantly. Merle and the others run across the corridor, to Van's room.

"Van-sam…" - Merle entered without knocking and found a dark room. Van was asleep and Marta was seating on a chair, writing something on her diary. She still breathed heavily.

"Hello Merle!" - she closed the diary and put it on the nearest desk. She then saw the others. - "Hello to all of you, people!" - they nodded and entered the room.

"Is Van alright?" - asked Allen, with a concerned tone.

"Yes! He has just some fever!" - the three girls (excluding Marta) got close to where Van was and watched him sleeping. He was sweating all over the place, but still, he slept calmly.

"Hitomi!" - Marta called out. Hitomi looked at her. She could see how angered she was.

"Yes!" - Hitomi said, giving some steps forward.

"I need to talk to you … alone!" - the others got the message and left the room, saying goodbye.

Hitomi and Marta were alone, not counting with Van that was deeply asleep. Hitomi sensed that Marta was displeased with something, and was almost forced to look far away from her.

"It's all your fault!" - Marta said angered. Hitomi's eyes wined up and she opened her mouth, ready to say something, but Marta spoke first. - "Zardus knew about you and Van, and he felt betrayed. You caused the death of thousands of people! You …" - a lousy sound echoed trough the room. Hitomi was crying, after having slapped Marta. Marta fought against herself, not to fight with Hitomi.

"You have no right of telling me that!"

The two said nothing for long minutes. Finally Marta turned around and went to Van's side. She dived one of the towels in the water, and put it on Van's forehead. Hitomi took a seat on one chair and crossed her arms., looking anywhere but where Marta was.

"He's coming tonight!" - Marta stated. Hitomi looked up at her, with a puzzled expression. - "I hope you go and calm him down! I've done what I could, already!" - Hitomi sighed, got up, and left the room without saying a word.

Marta sighed, and again, dived the towel in the cold water. Van moaned a little but didn't wake up. Marta wanted to heal his fever, but she was so weak. Even the simple breathing exhausted her. She sat on the same chair as always and soon fell asleep.

~*~*~

Night came:

Hitomi was in the gardens, waiting for Zardus to come. She heard someone's footsteps and turned to where the sound came from. A cloaked figure immerged from the dark forest nearby. His look was lost and sad. Hitomi regretted everything she had done.

He walked, till he was close enough, but not too close from her. No one said nothing, they both looked down, at the grass, waiting or the other to speak first.

"I-I'm sorry!" - Hitomi finally said. Zardus hugged her waist and pulled her body close to his.

"I just want to know why!" - she hugged him back and started to cry for some minutes. He kissed her forehead and hugged her closer, not saying a word.

After a while, Hitomi finally managed to speak. - "I didn't meant to hurt you … I love you!"

A strong breeze was felt and Hitomi embraced him tightly because of the cold. - "Just tell me why! if you want, I'll leave and never come back!"

"No! I want you to stay with me!" - she cried warm tears that were soaking Zardus' cloak. - "That was the stupidest thing I ever did in my life! But I can't undo it! I just … ask you to forgive me!" - they stood embraced for a while. Then Zardus let go of her and started walking away from her.

"Where are you going?" - she asked as he gone away, to the darkest forest.

"I need some time to think!" - he turned to her again. - "Tomorrow! Tomorrow I'll come back!" - he was swallowed by the darkness of the dense forest, right beside Fanelia's gardens.

"I'll be waiting … my love!" - she got back inside the Palace.

~*~*~

"Marta!" - Marta woke up, hearing someone's call. She looked to the bed and saw Van.

"You're awake Van!" - she got up and got closer to him. She picked up he towel that was on his forehead and exchanged it for another.

"I'm thirsty!" - she smiled and got up again.

"I'll come back in a minute!" - she went out of the room, into the kitchen

Minutes later.

Soon she returned with some juice and food for the two of them. Van sat up on the bed, and Marta placed the tray in front of him.

"Thank you!" - his voice was rough. Marta placed a hand on his forehead and noticed that the fever had slowed down.

"Felling better?" - he smiled and drunk some juice.

"Yes! Thanks to you!" - she laugh and choked, Van gave her a small punch on the back and she recovered.

"Thanks!" - they ate all that was on the tray and then she put it on the floor, next to a desk. He watched her every movement, she felt it and wasn't felling very comfortable. - "What?!" - he just laugh. - "What's so funny?" - she asked annoyed, and putting her hands on her hips. He said her to come closer, and she did so.

He grabbed her arms and forced her to lay down on the bed, rolling on the bed, so he could stay above her. - "I can't stand this any longer Marta!" - he slowly released her arms and he interlaced his fingers on hers. - "If you want to stop me … you'd better do it now!" - he rubbed his lips on hers. Unconsciously she gave a small moan. Van smiled and cherished her face, he dived his fingers trough her black hair, pulling them back. He kissed her with fierce heat, travelling with his tongue through Marta's lips.

This time she showed no objections. She wanted him as mush as he wanted her. Besides, she didn't want to waist her only chance to `taste' good sex, with the men she … loved …

~*~*~

Celena's room:

Celena was deeply asleep, embracing Soru, only sheets covered them. Soru woke up and smiled seeing her sleep. He cherished her long curly hair and kissed her cheek.

He got out from the bed and started dressing himself.

"Celena!" - someone from outside called out. Soru got scared and hide on the wardrobe. - "Celena?" - Allen entered his sister's private quarters. She was asleep and he gone to wake her up, shaking her a little. - "Celena, wake up!"

Celena moaned a little and putted her arms around Allen's neck. He gasped, seeing that she was going to kiss him. - "Soru!"

And I talked about the previous chapter! This is even shorter!

You see, as you don't e-mail me, I lose my concentration and this all goes wrong! I was just joking! I love you and I'll continue doing it so.

AH! I cutted the sex scene! What did you expected? I don't know if any `children' are reading this or not!

So? Will Celena kiss Allen (Oh god! He is her brother!)? What will Zardus answer be? What will happen between Van and Marta? I intend to surprise you! (Or at least, I'll try to do it so!)

See you!

Bye, bye!

***

#Ana Nunes#