Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Young Luv <3 <3 ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(*clutches head in despair* NOOOOOOOOOOOO school is starting tomorrow!! How can this Be!?!?!?!? ARG!! *cough* ok, ok, im alright…sort of. I have to finish reading Tom Sawyer before the summer reading test, but I decided that I needed a break and chose to work on everyone's favorite story, YOUNGETH LOVESSS!! ^^; Alright, not every1's fav story…im not even liking it much anymore, because I can never seems to get around to finishing it ^_^ oh well. Chapter Nine…*)

Chapter Nine

Allen Chezar unlocked and opened the back door to his cozy house with a whistle, the cheer on his face never fading. It never did. (*-_- disgustingly happy*)

"Marlene, I'm home!" Allen said to no place in particular, hoping the words reached her ears. He set his Modern bag filled with sweats and dance shoes on the marble counter already covered with the strewn morning newspaper and a couple of bills.

"DADDY!" Instead of his wife responding to his call, a young blonde-headed boy came running in with the slap-slap of small feet. The child jumped into Allen's open arms and hugged his neck affectionately, "You're home!"

Allen laughed merrily as he re-situated his son into his right arm, mussing up the messy blonde locks with the other hand, "You act like I've been gone for a month!" Chied nestled his head in response, giggling.

Marlene strode in laughing, wearing a casual long denim skirt and a beige blouse, "You're home a little late. Did my younger sister give you trouble or something?"

"No, no, I had to work on the new steps for next week. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do." Allen set Chied down and ushered him to the next room. Chied giggled some before scampering off into the living room.

Allen wiped his brow, "Oh yeah…did that Gadeth guy come around yet?"

Marlene signaled to the hallway behind her, "Yeah, he's working on it right now."

Allen wiped his brow and sighed, "Good, because it's stifling in here."

"I know." Marlene said back, fluffing her blouse and smoothing stray white-blonde hairs away from her damp forehead. Mr. Gadeth had come to work on the air conditioner, "So…how has my dearest little sister been lately, anyways?" Marlene leaned against the kitchen table and raised her eyebrows. Millerna was always known to be the troublemaker in the family.

Allen crossed his arms and leaned against the island, "Well, she happened to reveal that she had two disguised sophomores girls in her fencing class today." He checked over his nails (*fruit*) while he waited for Marlene to answer.

The pale blonde gawked at her husband for awhile until she could manage to stumble out, "W-what!? What do you mean?! Is she really that stupid?"

"Whose stupid?" Chiede stuck his head in, unable to resist curiosity.

"Nothing son, just go back in the other room." Allen said before turning back to Marlene, "Well, the authorities really weren't too happy, but now they feel that intermixing genders into the fencing class just may be a good idea. Basically, she's in trouble but she'll get what she wants in the end."

"What do you mean, `get what she wants in the end'?"

"Simple, have females in her class. It's got to be uncomfortable having all those hormonal teenage boys staring at her all day, you know."

"Yeah" Marlene pouted, "All the boys liked her better than me or Aries." Her pout turned to a frown.

Chiede, still snooping, came running on in the room to his mother. He grabbed her left leg and said, "Mama, I don't care about stinky Millerna, I like you the best!" Chiede buried his face into the denim, smiling when he heard his parents laughing joyously (*its so sickeningly sweet -.- *).

Marlene scooped her son up into her arms and tapped his nose with her finger gently, "Oh, I know you love me honey, but don't say mean things about your aunt…even though she is mean!" Marlene and Chiede giggled. Allen smiled. Millerna was a good woman, just a bit self-centered.

"Well, both of you grew up to be successful women, so there's no reason to be upset over her."

"Successful? Aries, yeah, but not me. I wouldn't be able to choke down being a lawyer anyways, but still…I'm just your average house mom." Marlene sighed and looked at her son affectionately. Chiede grinned.

"Well…I think being a mother is the most respectable job in the world." Allen said, smiling. Marlene looked up through long lashes at him, blushing. Chiede wrapped his arms around her neck a little tighter.

"Uhhh…" Gadeth peeked into the room, wearing his Handy-Man Pants and a white wife-beater, a whopping tool belt around his waist and a large tool kit container in his right hand, "Sorry to ruin the tender moment, but…I fixed the air conditioner." He scratched his stubble and grinned, smearing a bit of oil from his glove on his face.

Allen look annoyed as Gadeth grinned at him, holding his hand out for pay.

***

"Mr. Gadeth is an asshole." Yukari frowned, sitting on the curb by Van's mailbox. She perched her chin in her hands with a sigh, "He's taking up all of our damn time."

Van tsked, "Such bad language, Yukari dear. People are going to start calling you an ungrateful bitch if you don't clean up your act."

"What does cussing have anything to do with being an ungrateful bitch?" Yukari finished her words by flipping Van off over her shoulder. Hitomi gasped, taken totally aback by their behavior (*goody two shoe -.-*)

Van grinned, "Bitter, are you? I didn't know how edgy you got with impatience." Yukari reached out behind her and whacked Van's shin with a fist.

Amano sat in between Yukari and Hitomi with a dejected look on his face. He sighed and brushed damp brown locks away from his face. The humidity was getting to him.

Merle came out from the front door with a loud SLAM! She skipped down the sidewalk and immediately attached herself to Van.

"Hey everyone, guess what I found under Van's sink!?" Merle announced, Van turning pale.

Van grabbed a big chunk of pink hair and whispered threateningly into Merle's twitchy ears, "If you say a word I'll rip your pretty little hair out until you're bald."

Merle promptly scratched his hand away, "I didn't look under your sink, idiot."

"Oh…right." Van let go of her hair and gave a little shove.

Merle scooted back up to him immediately and whispered teasingly in his ear, "Why, what's under your sink?"

Van turned red, and didn't say anything. Allen shook his head. He knew exactly what was under Van's sink.

"Yeah Van, what's under your sink? I think you should tell all of us." Yukari stood up and grinned triumphantly at her friend. Van gulped as she poised her hands on her hips.

"Um, a plunger?" Van scratched his head. Yukari rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, like we're going to believe that crap. Spill it, boy!" Yukari shoved at his chest with a hand. Hitomi stood up, Amano following suit.

"I-it's none of your business!" Van backed up. Yukari took a step forward.

"Just leave Van alone, `Kari." Amano said sounding bored.

"And why should I!? Interrogating Van about something embarrassing is so much fun!" Yukari said sweetly, making Van and Amano cringe. She broke out in laughter at their expressions.

"Hey, look!" Hitomi pointed down the street. Two sets of bright lights turned around the dark street corner.

Merle piped in, "Hey, maybe it's that repair guy! Hey Van, maybe he use that plunger of yours, eh?" Merle nudged him with a secretive look.

"S-stop that!" Van sputtered out, pushing her away. He rubbed the spot on his arm that she had touched.

The lights inched closer and closer as the car eased down the street.

"Why is he driving so slow?" Amano inquired. Hitomi shrugged.

The light from the streetlamp shined dully on the car's hood as it approached ever so slowly. Yukari gasped for affect, in which Van punched her arm.

Finally, the car stopped directly in front of the Fanel's driveway, the humming from its engine fading into abrupt silence. After a few moments, the driver's door swung open with a squeaky sigh. A boot hit the pavement with a crunch. Hitomi gasped, and this time it was a real gasp. The Handy Man stepped out of his car leisurely, facing the group fully. He stood up straight, giving them a nice view of his physique. The only one not gawking was Van.

"Hey there kids, I heard you needed a Handy Man."

(*Bom-bom bommmmmmm!!!!!! It's sexy gadeth! How come his charm didn't work on marlene? Who knows ^^; this chapter took 4ever to finish *sigh* but I like it, I guess. And chiede is annoying. This story REALLY is starting to bore me. Oh well. Ill still finish it, not to worry. Well, I g2g….like now…..later folks.*)