Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Rewrite of Mulan ❯ ch 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: okay, here's the deal, I don't know how to do the whole matchmaker scene since I'm changing Mulan into a guy. So for now, the action continues starting when the ancestors start waking up. Sorry everybody for the jump, but if someone can give me a good idea of what to do, I add that part back in. I will be starting the chapters with a character list of those whom I've already introduced, so readers can figure it out as they go, yet have a reference if they get lost. I'll just go ahead and put the character that were introduced during the part I skipped in the list for this chapter. Again, I apologize, but I don't know enough about ancient Chinese customs to supply a male equivalent of the matchmaker scene.
 
Current Character List
Hawk=Farfarello Weiss Kruez (see prologue)
 
Hun leader=Crawford Weiss Kruez (yeee, evilness)
 
General=Nagi Naoe Weiss Kruez (Older than he is in the series, obviously, and for now, a good guy)
 
Adviser person (sorry, not sure about his real title) = Quatre R. Winner Gundam Wing (yes, I'll change the script enough to keep Quatre nice and likeable)
 
Emperor=Aya (Ran) Fujimiya Weiss Kruez (I can imagine him being trapped as emperor due to bloodline and hating every minute of it)
 
Mulan=Wufei Chang Gundam Wing (instead of not being able to fight because of being female, Wufei is too young. Pretend for a second that that would be just as bad, I don't know if it is or not, so I am)
 
Horse (forgot his name) =Sephiroth Final Fantasy 7 (see prologue)
 
Granny Fa=Xelloss Slayers (obviously not Wu's grandma, just some stranger that came to town several years ago and grew on everyone until the Fa family let him stay with them)
 
Cri-Kee=Omi Tsukiyono Weiss Kruez (see prologue)
 
The Fa Temple
The characters on the front most tombstone glowed before forming the ghostly image of one of the Fa ancestors. He turned to the incense holder with its gold dragon statuette. “Schuldig, awaken”
 
Amidst smoke and small fireworks the statuette comes to life as a small reddish orange dragon. “I live! So, tell me, what mortal needs my protection, Great Ancestor. You just say the word, and I'm there.”
 
“Schuldig! These are the family guardians. They…”
 
“Protect the family”
 
“And you, O Demoted One…”
 
Schuldig sighed dejectedly. “I ring the gong.”
 
“That's right. Now, wake up the Ancestors…”
 
Schu went to work banging the gong while walking around the small circumference of the temple, yelling, “One family reunion coming right up. Okay, people, people, look alive! Let's go, c'mon, get up! Let's move it! Rise and shine! Y'all way past the beauty sleep thing.”
 
As they woke up the ancestors immediately started talking. “I knew it, I knew it. That Wufei was a troublemaker from the start.”
 
“Don't look at me; he gets it from your side of the family!”
 
“He's just trying to help his father!”
 
“But if he's discovered, Fa Zu will be forever shamed. Dishonor will come to the family. Traditional value will disintegrate!”
 
“Not to mention they'll lose the farm!”
 
“My children never caused such trouble; they all became acupuncturists!”
 
“Well, we can't all be acupuncturists!”
 
“Let a guardian bring him back!”
 
“Yes! Awaken the most cunning!”
 
“No! The swiftest!”
 
“No, send the wisest!”
 
The Great Ancestor chose this to be a good time to intercede. “Silence! We will send the most powerful of all.”
 
Schuldig climbed quickly up to an empty shelf to pose. “Okay, okay, I get the jiff. I'll go.” There is a pause, before the laughter from the assembled ancestors fills the temple. “What? Y'all don't think I can do it! Watch this here!” Schu proceeded to `breath fire' which is little more than a spark and some smoke. “Ah-hah! Jump back, I'm pretty hot. But I don't have to singe nobody to prove no point.”
 
“You had your chance to protect the Fa Family.”
 
“Your misguidance led Fa Thang to disaster!”
 
“Yeah, thanks a lot”
 
“And your point is?”
 
“The point is, we will be sending a real dragon to retrieve Wufei.”
 
“What? What? I'm a real dragon!”
 
“You are not even worthy of this spot! Now, awaken the great stone dragon!” The ancestor pulled Schu off the ledge and threw him out the door of the temple.
 
“So you'll get back to me on the job thing.” The gong, thrown out after him, hit him in the face. As more laughter comes from the temple Schuldig drags the gong with him down to the statue Wufei was sitting under earlier. “Just one chance. Is that too much to ask? I mean, it's not like it'll kill you.” He changed his pitch as he started hitting the gong again. “Yo, Rocky, wake up! You gotta go fetch Wufei!” as this fails he throws the stick. “C'mon boy! Go get it! Go on! C'mon!” This also does not work, so he climbs up the statue, dragging the gong with him “Hello? Hellooooo? HELLO!” He began to hit the gong against the ear of the dragon, until it falls off. As he frantically tries to repair it, the rest of the statue crumples. “Uh…Stony? Stony…oh, man, they're gonna kill me!”
 
A large white hawk with one gold eye and the other scarred over flew down and landed next to him, screeching.
 
Schuldig listened to the bird. “What? Really? But then…I'd be betraying the ancestors and…”
 
“Great Stone Dragon! Have you awakened?”
 
As the voice of the ancestor boomed from the temple Schu turned back towards Farfarello. “You talked me into it.” He lifted up the head of the statue so it could be seen from the temple. “Uh, yes, I just woke up! Um, I am the great stone dragon! Good morning! I will go forth and fetch Wufei!
 
“Go! The fate of the Fa Family rest in your claws”
 
“Don't even worry about it. I will not lose face.” He lowered the head and turned around. The bird had already left. “Okay, gotta go.”
 
As he ran the small cricket joined him, chirping.
 
“And what makes you think you're coming?”
 
“Chirp”
 
“You're lucky? Do I look like a sucker to you?
 
“Chirp”
 
“What do you mean a loser? What if I pop on of your antennae off and throw it across the yard, then who'd the loser, you or me?”
 
“Chirp”
 
The Hun Army
 
Two Chinese soldiers are dragged out of the woods and thrown at Crawford's feet as Trowa said to him, “imperial scouts”
 
The soldiers look up in fear. “Crawford!”
 
“Nice work gentlemen. You've found the Hun army.”
 
“The emperor will stop you.”
 
“Stop me. He invited me. By building his wall, he challenged my strength. Well, I'm here to play his game. Go. Tell your emperor to send his strongest armies. I'm ready.” As the soldiers ran off he turned to the dark-haired archer beside him. “How many men does it take to deliver a message?”
 
Vincent drew his bow and aimed. “One.”
 
 
A/N: what do you think? Yes, Schuldig will be more in character later as he turns evil, remember that he's a good guy at first here. Please review. Thank you for reading this. Also, if anyone knows where I can find a script for either The Swan Princess or Matilda please tell me. I have ideas for rewriting them, but it'd be rather difficult without something to rewrite. thank you.