Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Rewrite of Mulan ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Chapter 1 - The Great Wall of China
 
A lone soldier walked along the top of the wall. He didn't see the white hawk missing one of its piercing gold eyes until the bird hit him. “Ah!” He listened to the hawk's call, growing nervous. Cautiously he walked over to the edge and looked down. A grappling hook flew at him, followed by many more. The soldier ran, yelling, “We're under attack! Light the signal!” Despite the door besides the ladder opening, revealing a couple of Huns, the soldier makes it up, only to see the leader himself. Swallowing his fear, the soldier lit the signal with a torch. He watched the other signals down the wall light and turned back to the leader. “Now all of china knows you're here.”
 
The leader stepped from the shadows, revealing short black hair, pale skin, and amber eyes filled with a cold ruthlessness. Crawford took the flag from its position and held it in the fire, smirking. “Perfect.”
 
 
 
A young man with dark brown hair and dark blue eyes entered the throne room of the Emperor accompanied by two soldiers. This man was the youngest soldier to become a general, Nagi Naoe. He bowed before saying, “Your Majesty, the Huns have crossed our northern border.”
 
“But I thought no one could get through the Great Wall!” The speaker was the emperor's advisor, a young man with pale blond hair, light aqua eyes, and an overly innocent air. He was silenced by a raised hand from the emperor, who was not too many years older than the others, with vibrant red hair and violet eyes.
 
The general continued his report. “Crawford is leading them. We'll set up defenses around your palace immediately.”
 
“No!” The emperor stood up quickly. “Send your troops to protect the people! Quatre!”
 
“Yes, your highness.”
 
“Deliver conscription notices throughout all the provinces. Call up reserves, and as many new recruits as possible.”
 
Slightly hurt, Nagi couldn't stop himself from objecting. “Forgive me, you Majesty, but I believe my troops can stop him.
 
“I won't take any chances, General.”
 
Nagi bowed low once more before leaving to do as he was ordered.
 
 
A/N: okay, there's the first chapter. I still need you to tell me whether you want to be given of list of who's who or just find out as you go. Or if I shouldn't even bother continuing.