Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Alone ❯ Frustration ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Flame of Recca is the property of Nobuyuki Anzai as Weiβ Kreuz is owned by Koyasu Takehito and Project Weiβ.
 
WK/FOR Crossover: Beautiful Alone
 
Chapter 5:Frustration
 
“Hey, Kirisawa! Where's that cup of coffee? Hurry it up, will ya!”
 
“Kirisawa, the files!”
 
“The package, Fuuko! I need that mailed now!”
 
Those insufferable, overbearing, grizzly bears! Veins were popping out my forehead as I growled in annoyance.
 
“Coming!” I gritted my teeth as I replied.
 
When she said she would help me, I didn't think it would be like this. Sure she helped me with the bureau and twisted the heads of a few people but I didn't think mine was also gonna get twisted.
 
I really wanted to curse her to kingdom come but then I figured that I was more grateful to her than angry so I guess I'll tolerate this degrading sort of toil for now.
 
I was doing a balancing act in front of the Tokyo Police Force with 3 mugs of coffee with my two hands, a box on top of my head, and a few folders tucked under each arm.
 
I figured that if I tried to even move, I'd spill everything making a huge, irreparable mess. So I set the mugs down the counter first, then the folders, and finally the box. I was able to find a way to carry them with less chances of making a mess.
 
I started with the coffee, then the folders, and I then I'm off to mail a package.
 
My efforts, though, were not appreciated when each demand was completed.
 
`Maybe I'll curse THEM to kingdom come…' I sighed with frustration handing the folders to what's-his-name and mocking a smile as I tried to show my annoyance.
 
I was holding the package as I jogged to the stairs and get this box mailed.
 
It had only been a week since the funeral. Recca and Domon were strangely quiet and unsure of what to say when I was around. But I thought that it was better if we didn't talk. It just might save the friendship that we had left since I started withdrawing myself from them a few months ago. But they didn't seem to notice or maybe they just weren't saying anything.
 
I know I had changed. I had grown irritable and bitter and my sarcasm had hurt a few feelings more than it used to. I hadn't smiled or laughed too much during those months. I was too self-absorbed with my sudden consciousness to the real world.
 
Yanagi, Koganei, and Mikagami were there as well. Yanagi, as much of a friend as I wanted her to be, I still wasn't as close to her as I was to Recca and Domon. Mikagami and Kaoru didn't do much effort to get close to me as Yanagi did but they were as sympathetic as the rest of the Hokage. Kagehoushi was very motherly and like every other parent, tried to comfort me even though I wasn't really welcoming any type of comfort.
 
Ganko wasn't there. They didn't allow her because of me. She was in an orphanage right now. That woman from Child Services strictly prohibited me from seeing her. She found me all too threatening to get close to the child.
 
I escaped being put into a foster home because of Kitada-san. She pulled some strings so now, I'm living by myself in another part of Tokyo. She got me to work part-time here in the Police Headquarters as an errand girl. If only I wasn't so grateful… I was earning enough to cover rent and my meals and my schooling was covered by the trust fund.
 
So far, my life seems to be getting back its momentum. Grieving was something I didn't spend too much time on after my loss. I haven't cried after last week's breakdown.
 
Though I was still hell bent on getting my only family back. I can't let Ganko live with strangers.
 
Ganko represents everything pure and innocent that is left in this world. If I let her be raised by others, I wasn't certain how that purity would be kept. She clings to me as her light of hope that despite all the bad things that happened to her, I was still there to make things better. Besides, she'll hate me if I don't come for her. I had to get her back. She needs me.
 
After much contemplation during the week, I couldn't let myself doubt that intention anymore. I know I would fall apart if I did. I knew I was being selfish but I can't fall. I can't be weak. I lost too much already.
 
I was running at top speed to the post office. I had to get there before they close. I had 5 minutes to get there. It was a few blocks away from the station. After this, I had to get back to the office to do some filing. Overtime was the only way to get more money so I could at least start a savings account. Home was a bit further than I had wanted. It was an hour walk from there to school and just a few minutes from the station.
 
I already considered myself fortunate in my current circumstances. But hell it's not as easy as it seemed. I had exhausted my body from the hours of work and school wasn't really as easy as I was hoping for.
 
I figured how I was going to get used to the independence from parental support for the time being. I got a job so I could supply my basic daily needs then work for extra hours so I could save. I also committed myself to getting my grades up so I could get into Tokyo University. From there I'll take a pre-law course, get into law school, and graduate.
 
It seemed so doable when I was thinking about it a few days ago but in the back of my mind there was the fear of how reality would somehow intercept my plans. I'm usually impulsive so I was happy that I was steering my life to some direction with a plan.
 
But now as I was tiring myself to exhaustion, which ironically I was doing for the fulfillment of my plans, I'm on the verge of giving up and just let myself ruin my life.
 
The only thing that kept me going was Ganko. She's waiting for me…
 
I had arrived in front of the doors of the post office and my eyes widen to see that the security guard was about to turn the sign from “Open” to “Sorry, we're closed” so I waved my arms and ran to the door.
 
“Matte kudasai!” This was just great.
 
The guard shook his head and pointed to the sign.
 
“I need to mail this now!” I shouted so he could hear me through the glass while holding the package and pointing at it.
 
He mouthed a `sorry' and proceeded to lock the doors.
 
“But—“
 
He shook his head again and said, “Come back tomorrow.”
 
“Sir, please—“
 
I felt the eyes of the passersby on my back as I was hollering my pleas in front of the doors of the post office. Pathetic, I was but I had to push aside my shame.
 
“Tomorrow, ojou-san,” he cried back and gestured me to go.
 
I blinked my eyes in disbelief.
 
`What do I do now? Fukuda-san will kill me.'
 
I turned my heel back to the direction where I came from only bump into somebody, who made me lose my footing and I fell hard on my ass. The package which had been in my clutches had been dropped onto the ground and when I heard something breaking, my heart started to race.
 
“K'so!” I muttered, sounding panicky. `I'm double dead.'
 
An arm covered with an orange knitted sleeve held out in front of me.
 
It took me a while to understand the gesture due to my dazed state of mind. But when the man owning the hand cleared his throat, I finally took it and stood up.
 
The first thing I noticed was his hair. It was red. That color seems to be always there when I was in trouble. The orange sweater clashed so wrongly with the hair. But his handsomely chiseled face and dawn-tinted eyes made up for his lack of fashion sense. He looked about twenty-something and was carrying a flower arrangement and wore a white apron.
 
After getting me on my feet, the man bent down to pick up the package I was carrying and handed it to me then proceeded to walk in his direction.
 
“What the fuck—“ You don't just brush aside people you bump into. I was expecting him to be more of a gentleman since he looked like one. That or maybe even just an apology.
 
He stopped in his tracks and looked back at me with an unreadable face. “Watch where you're going next time…” he said with a nonchalant tone and turned to walk away.
 
My brows curled inward and I clenched my fists tightly. `Who does he think he is!'
 
“Hey, ojii-san! Don't you walk away! I'm the injured party here!” I cried loudly enough for a few people to stop though he just kept walking as if he didn't hear me.
 
“Hey!” My injured ego was taking control of me as I was about to run after him but I knew I had to stop before I completely humiliate myself.
 
So I bit my lower lip hard and exhaled all the tension before turning away to go back to the station.
 
`You better not cross paths with me again or else you'll find my fist on your face,' I walked briskly as I was thinking of every possible way to cure my wounded pride, specifically getting back at the bastard.
 
-------------------
 
“You should've kept quiet Fuuko,” the disapproving tone in her voice wasn't helping me calm my irritated state.
 
“He called me a useless imbecile!” My irritation was growing gradually as my defenses were building. “Anybody who has the right sense of self-respect wouldn't take any crap like that from a man like him!”
 
“Stop shouting. You can be heard through the walls. Besides, you didn't handle him like somebody who in his opinion, deserves respect.”
 
I raised a brow as my annoyance turned a notch higher. “Are you saying that errand girls don't deserve respect?”
 
“No, that's not what I meant. A little professionalism would have been helpful,” she sighed. “Though I suppose the nature of your work does tend to be degraded in a corporate environment.”
 
“Hmph, that's just bullshit,” I gritted my teeth harder.
 
“Well, that still won't change the fact you got fired. I can't keep giving excuses for you Fuuko,” Kitada-san was frustrated. But I was more stubborn than usual. I refused to be sympathetic towards her since my pride had been cut a bit more deeply after being scolded, insulted, and fired.
 
“Now, I promised I'd help you and I'm still gonna do that. But please, try to be more agreeable with the superiors.”
 
I was taken aback with her pleading tone. It was enough for me to know that she cared. Though as pathetic as it was, I grew a little suspicious of it. I just screwed up and maybe in her eyes, I was ungrateful for the help she had already offered and yet she was still willing to risk her neck just to help get me back on track. What exactly is she getting out of helping me?
 
I decided to find out. “Why are you doing this?”
 
Her eyes met with mine. I couldn't see anything. They were blank and unreadable. The woman in red was a complete enigma. A playful smile formed on her lips, breaking the dead air.
 
“It's part of my job, Fuuko,” she said with a low chuckle and stood up from her seat.
 
“Come by tomorrow after school. I have a new job for you by then. For now, here's your pay for the day,” she handed me an envelope with my name on it.
 
“Wha—“ Before I got to finish my question, she had opened the door and left.
 
“Fuck.” I cursed under my breath. `What the hell is she going to get me into this time?'
 
…to be continued.
A/N: It's been a few weeks. Sorry for the delay. I have school again. I am now a full-pledged kolehiyala(that means I'm in college), shouting “Animo La Salle!”. School started last Monday and my schedule for first term's kinda screwy so I will be updating in longer intervals. No action yet but I suppose you can take the hints in the chapter. This chapter is twice as much as I usually write so I guess I made up for not updating last week… Or not since there's no real plot point in the chapter.
 
If you have questions, feel free to e-mail me. Address is in the bio. I need your feedback and if possible send a little encouragement since I may abandon this fic again since I'm more focused on my studies more than ever. It's kinda scary that after 3 years and a half, I'll be supporting myself and be independent from financial support from the parents.
 
Anyway, next chapter I think I'll be changing to someone else's point-of-view. Because if I don't, the story would be too one-sided. Please send in your comments. And I wasn't able to double check my syntax and grammar so kindly point out any errors, if there are any. I would very much appreciate it.
 
->Anna-san