Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Object of Desire ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Object of Desire

Chapter 4

Did she really have to choose between the two? Why couldn't she just have both? It was so unfair, they were both so bishie. Kudou Yohji, or Duo Maxwell? Just staring at Duo was making the choice harder, not to mention her date with Yohji the previous night. What a choice to make. "Mou." She sighed, leaning back into chair, pouting.

"Nani?" Duo looked at her, seated across from her, at the out door café.

Usagi smiled, taking a sip of the vanilla latte he had bought her. "It's nothing, I was just thinking."

"About Yohji?" Duo's face fell.

"Iie." She shook her head in denial. "I was just thinking about……………." She bit her lip, trying to think of something to say. "How beautiful your eyes are." She continued meaning it, enjoying the cheerful grin she received. "You have a nice smile."

"Thanks." He hid his blush by placing on a pair of shades.

'Wears sun glasses like Yohji, and he looks good in them.' She thought, giggling nervously. "So what's America like?" She asked curious.

"Different from Japan." He answered.

"Like?"

Duo tilted his head, thinking. "I couldn't find a girl like you there." He said.

She blushed deeply; he really knew how to flatter a girl. "You're good." She chuckled.

He shrugged, resting his chin in his palm, his sunglasses sliding down slightly, revealing his cobalt eyes. "It's true Bunny." He bravely took her hand in his, their eyes meeting.

Her cheeks turned a shade of pink as their flesh met, including the new nick name besides Tenshi. She didn't know what to say, except to lose herself in his eyes.

"Now don't you two look cozy?" A voice said in Usagi's mind, causing a gasp to escape her lips, looking around, finding nothing.

"What is it?" Duo asked, concerned with her sudden shakiness.

"Nothing." Usagi answered glancing at him, then at the table surface. For some reason, her body felt very numb. It disturbed her, why was she pulling away from Duo like this.

"Come on Bunny, you can tell me." He assured her, running his thumb over her knuckles, trying to soothe her.

"I have to go, gomen ne Duo-kun." She took her hand back, looking away, getting up.

"Dooshite?" He asked.

She smiled faintly at him. "Call me later ne?" She said, before leaving, not waiting for a reply.

Usagi stood at the bridge, leaning on the cement railing, watching the cars go by, feeling uneasy about leaving Duo the way she had, but something bothered her. Who or what was that voice, she was sure she heard it; it couldn't have been her imagination. She frowned closing her eyes.

"Nice night ne?" A slick smooth voice said close to her ear, sending shivers down her back, recognizing the voice from earlier.

She wanted to turn around, but her body wouldn't do as she wanted. She felt a pair of arms encircle her waste, holding her lightly, making her feel even more uncomfortable. "Who are you?" She asked in an unsteady voice.

"Someone who desires you as much as Yohji and Duo." The male voice responded.

Usagi could feel his breath on her shoulder, and it sent chills though her body. "Let me go." She pleaded.

"Tenshi?" She heard, knowing that whoever had been holding her was gone. Without thinking, she flung her arms around Yohji's waist, tears of relief trailing down her cheeks as she sobbed into his shirt. She felt him embrace her, clearly surprised. "What's wrong?" She heard him ask.

"Just hold me Yohji-kun." Usagi whispered.

Yohji blinked, deep in thought. What could have gotten Usagi-chan so upset? She seemed almost ready to have a panic attack. He drove seven down the street, stealing a glance from time to time at the beautiful girl seated in the passenger's seat. She still looked a little shaken. He kept asking what was bothering her, but she refused to tell him. Duo couldn't have done anything that was for sure. "Tenshi-chan, what happened?" He tried again.


She shook her head. "Nothing." Always the same answer.

He couldn't pressure her to tell him, but he had to find out one way or another. "Yosh, you can tell me later." He said softly.

Usagi smiled weakly. "Aa."

Minako jumped when the door to the apartment slammed shut. "Oi, don't slam the door!" She called from the living room, picking up the pieces of pop corn she had spilled.

"Gomen." Yohji apologized, coming into view, holding Usagi's hand.

"Oh! Excuse me for interrupting! Um... I'll go in my room now and let you two be alone." She said with an ecchi smile, leaving them alone before Yohji or Usagi said anything.

Usagi's face turned bright red with the assumption, while Yohji was smiling mischievously. "What does she think we're going to do?" He asked her. "Should we do as she expects?"

"Ecchi." Usagi frowned playfully.

Yohji chuckled, she was fun to tease. "That is your roommate ne?"

"Hai, Aino Minako." Usagi answered. "She's just as much a hentai as you are."

"That's harsh." Yohji sniffled, pretending to be offended.

She giggled at his silliness, facing him, noticing they still held hands. "Arigato for the ride home." She smiled for real.

Yohji was glad to see that she wasn't upset anymore, it just didn't suit her. "Your welcome." He smiled also, leaning forward for a goodnight kiss. His lips were inches from hers when his Weiss communicator started ringing. Why now, he was just about to kiss her. Reluctantly, he pulled away, much to her dismay. "I'll have to save my kiss for later Tenshi." He stroked her cheek, seeing that she was satisfied with that.

"Night Yohji-kun." She said, watching him walk towards the door.

He looked over his shoulder. "I'll call you tomorrow." He promised. "Ja na."

"Ja ne." She replied after he closed the door behind him, and flopped down on a near by couch, sighing. What a long day. She grabbed the stereo system remote, and turned on a random song, which turned out to be a Kylie's "Love At First Sight". "Minako and her love songs?" She wined, blinking. The phone rang that instant. Warily, she picked up the phone. "Moshi moshi."

"Bunny." Duo's voice startled her, remembering that she had told him to call. "I've been calling all evening, where have you been?"

"Duo-kun!" She exclaimed. "Gomen, gomen, Minako has been on the phone with her boyfriend Yaten for hours." She made up an excuse.

"Soo ka." He sounded relieved. "What happened earlier, we were having a great time?"

Usagi sighed again. "I'll make it up to you, I promise." She said sincerely.

There was a brief pause on the other line. "Alright, but this time no running off." He chuckled.

"You have my word." She grinned.

"What about I take you to a movie tomorrow night, sound good?" Duo asked.

"Only if I get to pick the movie." She giggled.

"Yosh, it's a date then."

Usagi had to smile again. "Hai."

"Sugoi, see you then." He said.

"Ja." She said the second time, before hanging up.

"You're being very naughty Usagi-chan." Minako strolled into the room, holding a cordless phone in her hand, smirking. "Two-timing two very bishie guys."

Usagi flushed, frowning in embarrassment. "Baka!" She folded her arms. "I can't believe you were eavesdropping Minako-chan."

"I thought it was Yaten-kun." Minako responded, taking a seat besides her friend.

"That's no excuse."

Minako groaned. "Oi, I'm not the one who's being a two-timer."

"You're jumping to conclusions." Usagi shook her head, listening to the song as it repeated itself. "Do you have the song on repeat?"

"It reminds me of Yaten-kun?" Minako swooned to the music, humming the tune. She sang along to the lyrics.

Usagi covered her ears. "Everything reminds you of him. It's not enough that I have to plug my ears every time he comes over." She blushed. "You two are always getting wild."

Minako chuckled. "You're so cute Usagi-chan." She teased. "I can't believe you're still a virgin."

"Let's no go there." Usagi said tightly.

"Hai, hai." Minako agreed. "At least tell me about these two new bishies of yours, Yohji and Duo."

Usagi giggled. "As long as you don't go telling me about you and Yaten's personal life again, in comparison to mine."

"Fine, tell me about them!" She rolled her eyes, eager to hear about Usagi's love life.

Two sets of eyes watched the girls from an unknown place, hardy enjoying the view, except for one.

"How long must I wait?" A male voice demanded, clearly displeased with having to keep his distance from the blond haired girl.

A pair of arms wrapped around his shoulders. "Patience is a virtue, she will be yours eventually." The female voice assured him.

"Indeed." He chuckled at the thought.