Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Midnight Dies" Sequel to "God Hurts" ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Midnight Dies"
Chapter 1
A Swartz tai Weiss Story & the Sequel to "God Hurts"

-+-

Omi's eyes roamed the dimly lit main room of the Wild Lands Pet Shop. It was a huge room, dotted with cages and shelves of pet supplies. The walls held fish tanks, reptile tanks, and cages for various birds, rodents, and other animals. "Where are they?" Omi turned to Aya, who was watching Farfello poke at an irritated looking black bird with his index finger. Then, the bird gave a sharp, earsplitting scream that was followed by actual words.

"Go 'way bast'rd! I BIT!" the animal flapped it's wings and clacked it's beak in warning.

"Camui!" A wiry man with spiked blond hair BUSTLED over. "Such language!" the bird ruffled it's feathers and turned it's back in a huff.

"Hi," Omi waved, hoping to be able to catch the man's attention. When the blond finally looked directly at him, he smiled. "We're looking for a man named Lynx, who worked here."

"I am Lynx." He looked around for a moment, snickered when he saw the place was empty and sprinted off to lock the door and turn the sign to closed. "You must be the new team."

"Half of them are an old team." A small woman made an exasperated sound and looked up from the cage she was cleaning. Her high-pitched voice sent the floppy-eared rabbit one cage over scuttling into it's house. "I'm Ragdoll." She thumped the cage door back into place and threw her long, electric blue braid over her shoulder. She pointed at each in turn as she identified them from there Krickter files. "Abyssinia. Bombay. Siberian. Balinese."

"Can we get this over with?" Schuldig shot a glare at Lynx and draped a possessive arm over Ken's shoulder. "The sooner you two can move out the better."

//Schuu...// Ken's mental voice warned.

//He was checking you out.// Schuldig's arm tightened around him. //He's so un-strait, if he was made of wire, he'd be a paperclip.//

//Well I want you, not him.//

//Good.// Schuldig gave Ken another Squeeze and sent a triumphant look at the completely oblivious Lynx.

"Down to Business," Ragdoll waved for them to follow her towards the back of the store.

~~~~~~~~~~

Omi wasn't entirely sure this would work... Sticking all eight of them back in the same building, complete with communal bathroom and kitchen. and there were only four bedrooms, meaning not only would the three couples be sharing rooms, but Youji and Crawford were stuck together by default.

"Omi?" Nagi appeared at the top of the stairs, then trotted into the room followed by the last of the things they'd packed. "You look distracted."

"Just thinking," Omi smiled at his dark-haired boyfriend. "Have you got everything?"

"Yep." Nagi leaned over and pecked Omi on the lips. "What do you think of the pet shop?"

"I hope Farfello doesn't kill anything." Omi snickered. "And we have to do something about that goofy black bird. We can't have it cussing at the customers."

"Maybe Farfello can help with that..." Nagi looked thoughtful until Omi lightly slapped the back of his head, causing him to breakdown laughing and loose his telekinetic grip on a few of the objects he was carrying. It was only Omi's quick reflexes that saved the computer monitor.

"I asked Ragdoll about him. She said he learned that from a couple of punk kids who used to hang out here." Omi shook his head. "The poor thing doesn't know any better."

"poor thing, indeed." Nagi lead the way to the room that was now theirs. Currently it was only a bed, a desk, and a pile of cardboard boxes. Not exactly Homey. "Just one little squeeze and I could shut him up for good. and No one will have to know I did it, no finger prints."

"Nagi," Omi suddenly looked serious, and sat on the bare mattress. "Don' you ever want to be with someone who can understand you better? The powers and stuff like that..."

"Omi," Nagi sat next to him, his face taking on a similare expression. "I happen to love you. I think you understand me just fine. You don't need powers to do that."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Schuu, I need help..." Ken was crawling along the floor of the pet shop, peering underneath the shelves.

"With what?" The redhead returned the ferret he was playing with to it's cage.

"It got loose..." Ken reached under the shelves. "Come-ere you stupid little monster."

"What's 'It'?" Schuu knelt down next to him and tried to follow his line of vision. Huddled under the shelves as far back as it could get was a little black puppy. "Aww, It's cute!"

"It's a demon!" Ken finally got the puppy by the back of the neck, then, there was a yelp from Ken. "SEE? It bit me!"

"Because you grabbed it by the neck." Schuldig snickered and leaned back down. "Come here you little fur ball."

"It's a monster."

"Hi Puppy." Schuldig scratched behind it's ears as it crawled onto his lap. "he's not a monster, Kenken."

"It's lulling you into a false sense of security." Ken narrowed his eyes at the little fluff ball. "I hope you throw it threw a all once it bites you."

"It's not gonna-CRAP!" Schuldig shoved the puppy off his lap. "It Fucking bit me!"

"SEE!"

-+-

Well... I finally got this sucker typed up... Took me a bit longer than I'd wanted, but it's here now.
Theoretically, I should be able to have plenty of time for writing by next week, since I'll be housesitting and have more 'alone time' where I can concentrate.

Now... side note about the name 'Ragdoll'. Ragdoll is named after Castlemew's (a dear buddy of mine) Blue pointed Ragdoll Kitten, Quatre. Yes. Quatre. Like the Gundam Pilot. Lynx was picked on the soul reason that it sounded good with Ragdoll. and Camui, the bird, is named after Camui Gackt, the J-Rock singer...

Remember somewhere in my other stories where I mentioned an Original Furry Shonen Ai story? That's here now, too. Or, the first section is. It's just waiting for me to be undistracted by other ideas to write enough to post more.
http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=608976 in case you want to visit it.

Now, a few thankyous from the last chapter of God Hurts, since I haven't done any of those yet, and I love to talk to the readers of my work.
Azuriana : Here it is, Midnight Dies. Just like you wanted. I hope you enjoy this as much as you did Nighteyes and God Hurts.
Bishie no Miko : Yep. This one's OmiNagi more than anything.
Karosai : You get the same 'Yep' that I gave Bishie. Definite OmiNagi-ness here.
Madiha : I couldn't fit Brad and Youji into the last chapter of God Hurts without negating the effect I wanted for the end.. so They didn't get any screen time. and RanFarfie is weird. That was my motivation for it. I wanted the strangest pairing I could get. When I started with it, I didn't even KNOW if it would work... Though, it actually came across quiet well, I think.

Anyways, I'll catch everyone next time.

OH! And Bonus points to anyone who figures out why I picked "Midnight Dies" for the title. and Castlemew, you can't guess, cause I already told you!