Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Midnight Dies" Sequel to "God Hurts" ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Midnight Dies"
Chapter 2
A Swartz tai Weiss story & the sequel to "God Hurts"

-+-

"Ken," Omi groaned, leaning on the counter as he stared at his friend. "Would you just clean the dog cages?"

"No. That little demon mutt is in there."

"Ken, It's just a Chihuahua puppy." Omi pointed at the door that led to the utility area behind the dog cages. "Go clean the dog cages. SCHULDIG can walk them."

"No he can't!" Schuldig called from behind the shelves he was organizing. "He refuses to have anything to do with that Demon Chihuahua."

"What did the poor thing do to get this 'Demon Chihuahua' reputation?" Omi demanded, glaring at the both of them who were no standing in front of him.

"He's evil. Sell him, then I'll take care of the dogs." Schuldig declared, turning back to his shelving.

"Agreed." Ken flipped the counter up and stepped it. "I'll take the fish tanks, you take care of Demon Mutt and his friends."

"All right," Omi looked angry. "You take the fish, Schuldig finished shelving that stuff and helps Aya with the cats, if he needs it."

"Heil Omi." Schuldig saluted Nazi style and turned back to the pile of cat food cants he was shelving.

"As long as I don't have to touch the Demon Chihuahua I'm happy." Ken ducked into the area behind the fish tanks.

~~~~~~~~~~

Crawford shook his head in annoyance as he watched Ken and Schuldig finally start working again, then he looked at Youji and snickered as he held up ten fingers.

"What are you doing?" The blond demanded, watching as Brad started dropping fingers one by one. Then, as the final finger dropped, Omi screamed.

"BAD DOG!" The youngest blonde's voice was a yelp and was followed by a skittering of claws on the tile.

"What did the damn thing do?" Schuldig snickered as he looked up.

"It bit me!"

"Told you it was a little demon!" Ken's muffled voice came from the fish's utility room.

"You knew that was gonna happen?" Youji raised his eyebrows raises. "Didn't you?"

"Saw it ten seconds ago." Brad shrugged, and then grabbed one end of an empty fish tank. "Get the other end."...

...A haggard looking Omi, one who had just spent nearly 45 minuets chasing a longhaired demon Chihuahua through the shop, shoved the furry culprit back into it's cage. At least Ken and Schuu had been nice enough to take care of the rest of the dogs while he was chasing the demon Chihuahua around. And Nagi was back, judging by the sound of the key in the lock or the back door.

"Omi?" Nagi peeked into the little utility room. "You need to come downstairs. Manx is here."

"Manx?"

"Yeah. We have a mission, I guess." Nagi waves for him to follow and ducked down the stairway and into the basement. The room had apparently been both mission room and Rec room to Lynx and Ragdoll. They had decided to do the same and had changes to the lighting had already been made to compensate for Ken's vision 'impairment'. Now he only required tinted glasses to see down here, not the bulky visor the Nighteyes serum had long ago rendered a requirement. Omi knew Ken missed his lost ability to see in the daylight and Omi had already witnessed Ken's joyous reaction to the lighting Krickter had designed.

"Stop daydreaming, Omi." Ken poked Omi's ribs with his index finger, eyes with black where the white should be and reflective silver pupils danced behind tinted lenses. "Manx wants to start the tape." Ken vaulted over the back of the couch while Omi, who paused momentarily at the presence of Lynx and Ragdoll, took the time to walk around and sink into the armchair already occupied by Nagi. Without actually saying anything, Manx shoved the tape into the VCR and hit play. IT was Persia's unknown, shadowed face that dominated the picture.

"One man has brought himself to our attention, and in the past week alone has resulted in the deaths of four teenagers. It is believed that Taketori Reiji," Aya growled quietly at the name. "Has joined forces with the surviving remnants of what was once Estet. Several similarities to a previous incident, that which lead to the discovery of the Nighteyes Project." That got Ken's attention, his silver on black eyes wide. "From information previously recovered, we have deducted that what they are currently attempting is to complete another part of the Warlord Group. I want you to stop the carnage."

"Well, that was melodramatic." Schuldig cut in over the top of Persia's last lines.

"Are you in, Boys?" Manx pulled the tape from the VCR.

"I am." Ken's consent was immediate. "I can't let them do something like what they did to me to anyone else."

"If Ken's in, I'm in." Schuldig added, moments after Ken.

"I'm in." Aya spoke this time. "I get to kill Taketori."

"Me too." Farfello was smirking at Aya. "Vengeance hurts God."

"I'm in." Crawford added.

"I'll go." Nagi sounded quiet, but quite sure of himself.

"I'm." Omi gave Nagi a quick smile.

"Youji?" Manx looked critically at the last person in the room. "Lynx and Ragdoll have agreed already."

"All right, All right." Youji grumbled, tugging his hair back into a loose ponytail. "I'll go. Just to please a pretty lady." Youji choose to ignore Brad's barley contained snicker.

-+-

*snicker*
I'm at work, right now. Talking as I type this up with my strange coworkers. It's interesting though, so it works.

Okay, what's everything think of this?
I'm sorry that I didn't do thank you's this time around, but with me being house-sitting right now, I don't want to be online for the as long as it'd take me to write them... I've got very limited online time for the moment. I'll catch-up once I'm back home, I promise!

I can't believe I've introduced the basis of the plot already.