Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Midnight Dies" Sequel to "God Hurts" ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Midnight Dies" Chapter 3
A Swartz tai Weiss Story & the Sequel to "God Hurts"
Third (And most likely last) in the Nighteyes Timeline

-+-

Omi flinched and sank further into the chair in front of the computer in reaction to the set of violent bangs and thumps from the workout room off the basement den. Aya was in there, with Farfello. And they were BOTH going to come out covered in cuts and bruises. That was the way it had worked all week, with Aya in violent mood brought on by the mission that would finally let him extract his revenge on Taketori. The Mission that was currently delayed due to lack of information.

"Should we stop them?" Nagi stared hesitantly at the steel-reinforced door. "It would be sad if Aya got himself kills by Farfie right before he finally got his revenge."

"It would be even sadder if you got killed because you decided to interfere with Farfie and Aya's Love-Violence crap." Omi's words brought a smirk to Nagi's face. "I'm not finding any similarities in there reports."

"Me either." Nagi rubbed his temples. "There doesn't seem to be anything coherent that they're working on. It's more like a half a dozen incomplete ideas..."

"Which makes it Bizarre." Omi flipped another folder open. "We were able to identify the objective when they were working on the Nighteyes Project."

"Krickter is making an educated Guess that this is part of Estet's old Warlord Group." The telekinetic tossed the report copies in his hand aside with a frustrated noise. "They have to have some kind of objective. They've used too many human test subjects to just be playing around." Omi threw his own reports aside and pulled Nagi onto his lap just as Schuldig stomped down the stairs followed by Brad, Youji, Ken, Lynx, and Ragdoll.

"Get Sodom and Gomorrah out of there." He pointed at the door to the Practice room. "Manx has more information." Schuldig didn't actually let anyone else so it, but instead closed his eyes and forced his mind on the other two. It didn't take long for Farfello to walk out, licking blood from his fingers and holding a towel in his other hand while ignoring the blood that leaked from various wounds covering his body. Aya was next, and actually using his towel to stem the flow of blood from a cut on his upper arm.

Manx recoiled slightly from the madman, and looked at Aya in a way that suggested she was now convinced the Red-head had joined whatever club the Irishman belonged to. "Well," she cleared her throat. "How have you been settling in?""

"If you ignore the cursing bird and the Possessed Chihuahua, we're doing all right." Aya's expression was suspiciously like a smirk.

"I like Camui." Farfello absently wiped blood from his cheek using his hand, only sitting down after Aya did.

"Why are you here?" Brad demanded, crossing his arms.

"we've recovered another Victim of the Warlord Group." Manx dropped a Manila Folder on the table. "Alive."

"Alive?" Omi and Nagi dove for the found simultaneously and had it open in record time.

"Omi, this sounds like telepathy." Nagi tapped the papers. "Screaming for quiet, knowing what others are thinking, telling people who aren't talking to shut up..."

"It still doesn't match up with ANYTHING that the other bodies have shown." Omi turned to face Nagi. "Why is nothing matching up?"

"Hack." Crawford spoke suddenly. At the strange looks the rest of the room's occupants gave him, He clarified. "You two should be able to hack for information."

"Vision?" Youji raises his eyebrow at Brad.

"Yes." The American rubbed his temples. "and they've been giving me a headache. Nothings been particularly coherent the last few days."

"The full results of out testing on the subject are in that folder." Manx shrugged. "You boys are responsible for working it in with your Data, and with whatever visions Crawford-san can make sense of."

"I can write down what I understand on a miniature post-it note." Crawford glared at Manx. "I already said nothing's been making sense the same as Omi and Nagi have already said that none of the victims have shown any real correlations yet."

"We should just take down Taketori now." Aya growled, ignoring the fact that Farfello was sitting on the floor leaning against his legs and dripping blood on his workout pants. "We can with the laboratories later."

"Killing Taketori now might send the scientists underground." Manx looked cautiously at Aya. He seemed to have gotten progressively less stable as he became more attached to Farfello.

"Maybe he's got something on his computers..." Nagi sounded thoughtful. "Maybe that's the place to start..."

-+-

Do I get points for the Biblical Reference in the opening sequence? I blame it on the movie "Dogma", which I recently watched for the seventh or eighth time.

Thankyou time!
Bishie no Miko : I may have to swipe that 'Land Piranha' line... It's just so Schuldig...
Madiha : *snicker* Glad you enjoyed.
Dragon Soul : I'd LIKE to do a Brad/Youji Story.. But it's pending me coming up with an idea for a good conflict that works with them as central Characters.
Karosai : eventually. *snicker* I promise. Just have to get the story moving and the story underway before that can happen. Consolation Prize, I had little OmiNagi cuteness here...
Xiang : I love Labs! I've got a Lab/Dalmatian cross of my own. Who's Aptly named Crash. Never met a dog so patient with Kids as my Crash before in my life. My two year old cousin can do ANYTHING he wants to her and she'd just give me a look like "save me, please"

Anyways, more later.