Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Midnight Dies" Sequel to "God Hurts" ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The first thing You'll note is there is a new name I'm using... Really an old name, but it's new here ;)

Thankyous and comments on review from the last chapter now...
Madiha - You shall see ;)
DragonSoul - More BradYouji you say? If I can work it into the plot, It'll be there. I'm such a sucker for writing sap.

-+-

"Midnight Dies" Chapter 5
The Sequel to "God Hurts" (The Sequel to "Nighteyes")
A Swartz tai Weiss Story

-+-

"You should have seen this coming, Crawford!" Nagi snarled at the Oracle, glaring. Ken could feel the air move around him, and then felt it physically constrict around him, giving the room a claustrophobic feeling.

"Nagi, you need to calm down." Schuldig moved a little closer to Ken, pushing both of them a bit closer to the door. "Sending the pet shop down around our ears isn't going to bring Omi back."

"I'll kill them for this," Nagi's eyes darkened and narrowed, but the air surrounding all of them stilled. "I'll tear them apart."

"God will hurt," Farfello snickered quietly, holding out Aya's sheathed sword to the red-head. "Lets make him cry."

"We don't know where they have Omi." Aya accepted the Katana from Farfello. "Can you hack them from here, Nagi?"

"With the stuff we got inside today," Nagi nodded. "I can get into the system from here. But wouldn't it be more efficient to just check all the holding areas? We have detailed blueprints and security information now."

"How detailed?" Crawford demanded, his eyes seeming to lack any concrete point of focus.

"Everything from air ducts to carpet colors, Why?" Nagi stared at the man who'd once been the leader of Swartz.

"I think that I know where he is, then." Brad's eyes finally slipped back into focus. "how many rooms are painted dark blue, with blue tile, and windows?"

"I don't know." Nagi's eyes widened slightly. "I'll go over the blueprints and figured out a way in." The telekinetic snatched the laptop from Youji and had it on the table seconds later.

"Are you sure that's WHERE Omi will be?" Aya's violet eyes narrowed. "I don't know how this 'gift' of yours works."

"That room will be where he find Omi." Brad shrugged. "And I don't happen to like the way my precognition works, either."

~~~~~~~~~~

Omi blinked his eyes open and stared around the room, trying to ignore the dizziness and nausea. He was laying on a tiled floor, with the cold starting to seep into his bones. He forced himself upright and stared at the solid metal door. He felt as if his brain was swimming in his skull. Omi's vision slid and and out, colored red occasionally, when the pain that wracked his body got more intense.

He nearly jumped out of his skin when a screen lit up next to the door, drowning the room in brilliant light. A nasal voiced, shaggy looking scientist's face filled the screen. The vile man laughed loudly. "I'm sure you're feeling quiet ill right now. That will be the serum we administered to you working. We might actually explain what we've done to you if you survive the first 48 hours or so.

"If I survive?" Omi demanded as the screen winked out.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nagi stared at the six fully geared up assassins seated around the room, sizing them up for what he considered to the most important mission ever. "Can we do this?"

"You actually doubt us?" Schuldig's eyebrows raised in question.

"Can you?!" He demanded again, his hair and clothing ruffling in an angry breeze that cropped up around him.

"Of course." Ken stepped between Nagi and his lover. "Schuldig and I will do our parts. You just worry about doing your part."

"Brad? Youji?" He demanded, turning tot he pair that was paying very little attention his him. "Are you ready to start?"

"'Course." Youji grinned. "We can't leave the Bishonen with a pack of bad guys."

"I already know what my part is." Brad straitened his glasses. "Don't worry, things will work out."

Aya, Farfie?" Nagi turned to face the pair of eyes riveted to him, one set gold, the other violet.

"If we see Taketori,"

"Which we won't." Crawford cut in.

"I get to kill him." Aya glared briefly at Brad, then stood. "Lets go."

~~~~~~~~~~

Omi lay on the floor again, flat on his back with blind eyes faced towards the ceiling. His eyes lacked focus and the sensation of fire flowing through his bloodstream dominated his consciousness. even when Nagi forced the steel-reinforced door to peel open and leapt through the hole he'd created did Omi continue to stare blankly up. The telekinetic raced to Omi's side, calling his name several times before waving a hand before the unfocused eyes.

"Omi?" Nagi gave him a slight shake, one that stirred the strange heat that burned through his body with every beat of his heart. "Omi, say something!"

"N-Nagi?" Omi's eyes held the other boy clearly in his sight for a moment then lost focus again, as if the effort of actually seeing had been too much for him.

//Got him?// Nagi looked behind him, both Schuldig and Ken stood in what had been the door.

"Something's wrong with him." Nagi whispered, his thoughts filling with every worst case scenario his overactive imagination could muster. "He's sick." Schuldig knelt next to them, staring strait forward in a blank manner for a moment.

"Ken..." Schuldig stated, looking at his lover. //I'll tell Aya to have the car ready. You go get Youji and Brad. Then call Krickter. Tell them to be ready. This will be bad.//

-+-

Originally there was a scene to follow that last one.. But I decided that this was a better place to close the chapter *wink* Sorry Catta, it's a horribly mean place to stop, I know.