Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Midnight Dies" Sequel to "God Hurts" ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gods... It's been hard to even use Brad and Youji as Characters so far... I've been trying DragonSoul, I swear... It's just not coming... Maybe chapter 7... And Madiha *grin* This is the chapter you want... I'm finally explaining something!

Didn't get much for reviews on chapter 5... But I'll excuse that. *snicker* I think it got lost in an influx of Weiss-fic that happened about the time I stuck that chapter up.

-+-

"Midnight Dies" Chapter 6
A Schwartz tai Weiss Story & the Sequel to "Nighteyes"

-+-

Omi lay still on the bed and Nagi stared at him, dark blue gaze unwavering. He worried absently at the strange heated feel in the air around him, one that felt so much like, but so different from his own telekinesis.

Schuldig slid through the doorway, followed by a much less quiet Ken. They stood near the door for something like three minuets before Ken finally spoke. They think they've figured out what's happening to him."

"Huh?" Nagi tore his eyes away from his sleeping blond. "Figured out?"

"Yeah." Schuldig nodded excitedly. "They ran some tests on Omi's blood and compared the results against those from the previous test subjects."

"See," Ken held out a few printed sheets. "We found the differences between the tests. Most of what's floating around in his blood is the same as what's was found in the blood of the recovered victims. Including the survivor, who's totally nuts now."

Schuu picked up where Ken left off. "The chemicals in Omi's blood are almost one hundred percent the same as the survivor's blood chemicals, in fact."

"You mean they turned Omi into a Telepath?"

"No." Crawford pushed into the room, wearing a somewhat shell-shocked expression (by his own standards). "They're setting free what he's already got."

"Or would have had, if his brain had developed a little bit differently." Schuldig looked so excited at the idea. "Crawford's even had a vision about it!"

"I suggest you keep a fire extinguisher out." The dark haired man sighed in exasperation. "Remember that it's BAD that Estet and Taketori have WORKING technology to create talents."

"But OMI is going to be Pyrokinetic!" The redhead burst out, ignoring Brad's serious demeanor.

"And we'll only manage to see it if we survive him manifesting this." Ken stared at Schuldig as he spoke, not sharing his lover's enthusiasm. "Brad says this won't be good if we can't stop it."

"We've got to counter the Serum." Brad announced. "Or we'll all die, including Omi, when he fully manifests this ability. Nagi, You're part is keeping Omi calm, the calmer he is, the longer he'll take to manifest the ability."

"Omi is a latent pyro?"

"That should never have become active." Brad still bore that deer-in-headlights look from before. "Unlike you, Nagi, he doesn't have a fully developed mental control system. He'll be dangerous until we can un-do what's been done."

"He'll have no control?" Nagi was still working on absorbing the news. "How did they do this?"

"Krickter has people working on the counter for it." Brad did his best to look reassuring. "Just work with Omi on control, Nagi. You're the only person who can help him stay calm and focused enough to give us the time we need to cure him."

"Omi is just Omi." Nagi whispered. "They can't make him like me." He looked near panic.

"That's why you need to give us time." Brad reached out and squeezed Nagi's shoulder in a fatherly gesture.

~~~~~~~~~~

Omi opened his eyes slowly.

He didn't hurt anymore, but he was definitely warm, and the feeling of fire moving under his skin was still there, shifting in time to the beat of his heart. "Nagi?"

"I'm here." Nagi spoke in a soothing voice. "How do you feel?"

"Better than I did." Omi watched Nagi and sighed. "What did they do to me?"

"Don't worry about it." Nagi pulled Omi into his arms. "We'll explain later, and we're working on fixing it."

"It's not fixed?" Omi whimpered, squeezing Nagi as tightly as his weakened state permitted. "Why isn't it fixed?" Nagi could feel the air in the room thicken and even warm.

"Calm down, Omi."

"Calm down?" The blonde's voice cracked.

"Please calm down." Nagi stroked his hair, whispering reassurances. "If you calm down, I'll explain."

~~~~~~~~~~

Ken laid the visor on the dresser before turning to face Schuldig, who was lounging on the bed they shared. He studied the shirtless red-head as the man sprawled on his back with his head hanging over the end of the bed to stare at him upside down. //Schuu?//

"What, Kenken?"

"Do you think this will really work out all right?"

"Brad says it will." Schuldig rolled over to rest on his stomach facing Ken. "I've never seen something Brad says will happen not happen."

"good." Ken shed his own shirt under the eyes of his lover. He studied the green eyes that the muted light permitted him to see properly without the visor, then curled onto the bed, into the red-head's open arms. "It wouldn't be hair to rip Omi and Nagi apart now."

Schuldig sighed when Ken's hands slipped along his side, absently caressing the flesh he found there. "Is that what this whole conversation is about?"

"What would you do if something happened to me?" Ken demanded, not actually answering the question.

"I don't know, Ken." Schuldig threaded his fingers through Ken's brown hair, marveling within his own mind at the wonderfully bizarre silver on black eyes that caught the light. "But I don't think I could handle loosing you."

//least it's not just me.// Ken's voice whispered in Schuldig's mind unintentionally. "I love you."

"Love you too."

-+-

GAAHH! Sap. *snicker* The AnimeNorth Convention I just got back from seems to have me in a really good mood...
check out www.livejournal.com/users/castlemew to get a full rundown by Catta (whom I went to AN with) on the convention I just returned from. *GRIN* And you can check out my own livejournal at www.livejournal.com/users/kitsufox and get the tiny additions I've made to her posts.

I want to go back to Toronto... The only bad thing was the lack of internet connection...