Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Midnight Dies" Sequel to "God Hurts" ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mymymy but I've been writing recently. But it's good, cause it means I might get something done soonish... I've even fiddled around with another AU idea (Based on my Fascination with horse racing) and have been kicking at the sequel to 'About Demons'. After I actually get something that I'm already posting finished I'll start typing those up. I expect MD to play the rest of the plot out inside of 5 more chapters... But that's just a guess, I don't know for sure what will be required... More guesses on when I'll have it done during upcoming Author's Note Sessions.

Fallen Angel From Heaven - AN was INCREDIBLE. The most fun that I think I have EVER had.
marsupial - I think Cosplaying is half the fun of any Convention. I've already started making plans to drag myself to AN again next year. I can't wait
Madiha - You're welcome ;)
Bishie no Miko - Added you to my LJ friends, too. And Omi... I almost made him an Empath in this one.. But then decided to do something original because I've spent most of this fic aiming for bits or originality (See AyaFarfie as a couple).
Yanagi-san - fire extinguishers are good things when Pyros are afoot ;)
Lilyblue - For some strange reason I keep torturing people in this series... First Kenken in "Nighteyes" and now Omi in this one...

-+-

"Midnight Dies" Chapter 7
The Sequel to "Nighteyes" and "God Hurts"
A Schwartz tai Weiss Story

-+-

Youji smiled slightly to himself as he watched Omi and Nagi on the couch as they watched a movie. Omi was stretched out and laying almost on top of Nagi. The blond had never completely recovered from the shock of his impending Pyrokinesis, and was clinging to Nagi in a manner that looked a bit more desperate than it should have. Absently, Youji picked up his lighter and started for the door, drawing a cigarette from the pack. Before he managed to get either through the door or the cigarette lit, he was distracted.

"You should quit." Bradley was leaned against the wall next to the door.

"Why?" Youji stuck the cigarette between his lips and started trying to light his annoying child-proofed lighter.

"You're going to die." Brad's expression didn't change, but Youji nearly swallowed the Cigarette. "You'll get cancer."

"Are you serious?"

"Had the vision about two minuets ago." the oracle shrugged. "Figured you deserved to know." Youji didn't actually change the expression on his face as he opened the door.

"Aren't you going to quit?" Brad looked somewhat confused.

"Damn strait." Youji tossed the cigarette from his mouth, the lighter, and the rest of the pack out the door. "I don't want cancer." Youji pulled the door shut and headed towards the stairs. "Hey, Crawford?" Youji paused for a moment.

"What Youji?" The eyes behind the glasses seemed to darken for a moment.

"Thanks." Youji grinned broadly at the American. "I like being alive."

"Youji?" Brad managed to keep the smirk on his face to a minimum.

"What Crawford?"

"You can call me Brad, if you want." The American's words made Youji pause.

"Goodnight," Youji broke out in a smile the Oracle had never seen before. "Brad." Then the blond disappeared up teh stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~

Schuldig signed with relief when Ken set a cup of coffee on the table. "You're a God."

"That's what you called me last night." Ken kissed the top of Schuu's head, ignoring the disorderly spikes of orange hair.

"I'd adore you more if you got me the cream." Schuldig glanced up when the cream suddenly appeared on the table.

"You don't have to adore me." Youji sat down, taping his fingers idly. Both Ken and Schuldig watched him fidget for a full minuet before Schuldig finally spoke up.

"Why don't you just smoke?" The telepath stared at him. "You're having such a nicotine fit that you're gonna turn me into a chain smoker.

"Worse chain smoker." Ken glared at Schuu.

"I quit." Youji drummed his fingers. "I like being alive."

"You actually quit?" Omi pulled Nagi into the room, clinging to the shorter boy's arm. "About time."

"You should quit, too." Ken poked Schuldig with an index finger. "Much as I love you, you make our room stink."

I don't want to quit." Then Schuldig stared at Youji. "repeat that bit about how you like being alive."

"Brad gave me a tip to lengthen my life." Youji started drumming his fingers again. "Apparently I'm a little cancer prone."

"You're strange, Youji." Schuldig decided to start ignoring the blond and turned his attention to Ken. "Do you really want me to quit?"

"It'd be nice." Ken pecked Schuldig on the nose. "Then you could start playing soccer with me."

~~~~~~~~~~

Omi cuddled close to Nagi, trying to concentrate on the movie that played on the TV screen. It was hard to keep your attention on the television when you knew at any moment you could start causing the thing to bust into flames.

"Realize." Nagi muttered, hugging him tighter and planting a small peck on his hair. "You're making the air warm."

"Am I?"

"You were." Nagi patted his cheek. "But it's stopped now."

"When will they have the cure?" Omi demanded, turning to bury his face in Nagi's neck. "I just want to have this done with."

"They don't know yet." The telekinetic snuggled his blond. "they'll tell us as soon as they have some information. We can't rush them."

"I know." Omi sighed with his eyes closed. "I just can't deal with this much longer."

"It will be fine." Nagi's voice was fierce. "Brad said so. Brad is never wrong."

~~~~~~~~~~

Aya glared at the scientist who was shifting in front of him. "Nothing?" He prompted, letting a smirk sleep onto his face while Farfello lurked around in the background.

"Nothing concrete." The man was tiny, barley taller than Omi, and looked like he was ready to run away screaming. "The records taken from the original creators of the drug indicate ways to reverse it, but as we don't have the initial research we have a long ways to go."

"But we don't have time." Aya glared at the man.

"Can I kill him, Ran?" The Irishman demanded, suddenly standing directly behind the scientist.

~~~~~~~~~~

Watching Omi sleep was one of Nagi's pastimes. One that he was happily engrossed in at the moment, as his lover's recent panicked adrenaline had given way to exhausted sleep. The only thing that really bothered Nagi were the strange fluxes in temperature of the room suffered. But that happened around Omi more and more the longer that serum that had been injected stayed there.

"Don't." Omi mumbled, whimpering in his sleep and scooting closer to the warmth he was already clinging to. "Masafumi, don't!" A quiet sob followed.

"Wake up, Omi." Nagi gave the blond a shake, causing him to jerk awake with a scream.

"Nagi?" Omi blinked.

-+-

Wowie... Mostly fluffy...