Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Midnight Dies" Sequel to "God Hurts" ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh lordy... It's sad.. I'm too lazy right now to do custom thankyous for everyone so I'll just go "Thank you" to everyone. I do adore reviews and I hope that fanfiction.net behaves enough for everyone to catch this chapter.. Unlike the last chapter of Gravi & the White Cross that I posted...

-+-

"Midnight Dies" Chapter 8
A Schwarz tai Weiss Story.
The Sequel to "Nighteyes" & "God Hurts"

-+-

Between the stress of his impending Pyrokinesis and the returning nightmares staring an abusive brother, Omi was speeding towards his breaking point.

The fiery one predicted by Brad that would be the death of them all.

"It's all right, Omi, really." Ken reassured the boy. "It's not like you caught ME on fire.. Just my chair..."

"But I'm starting to light fires, Ken!" Omi's voice trembled slightly, and he burrowed into Nagi's arms. "If this keeps up we'll run out of time."

"We are running out of time..." Schuldig draped an arm over Ken's shoulders. "We need to do something other than wait for those slow-ass scientists to come up with something."

"What else is there to do?" Nagi demanded, starting at Schuldig. "What are you talking about?"

"Let me pester Aya and Bradley first... I might have an idea."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Go Siberian." Bradley Crawford muttered into his headset. "Be careful."

"I know, I know." Ken's voice groaned in Brad's ears. "Don't worry about me. Just hope that your damn vision has this stuff pinpointed right." //Schuu?//

//What, Kenken?//

//Are the guards gone?//

//Yep. I took care of them. and the scientists are out of the laboratory. Good luck, lover.//

//Thanks Schuu.// Ken thought in the direction of his red-head, then pulled the ceiling tile aside. He wiggled out of his vent and through pure luck managed to hit the floor on his feet instead of his head. Then he scrambled for the doorway to the Laboratory Crawford claimed contained the information they needed to cure Omi. //Stupid Estet, not uploading anything anymore.//

//Estet never uploaded anything. We uploaded what Omi found last time, remember?//

//Did I think that at you?//

//No. But it was so loud and clear that I had to comment.// Schuldig snickered in his mind before fading to the back.

~~~~~~~~~~

Brad listened absently to the quiet static in both his radio and his mind. The only entertainment that was out there was the mental banter between Schuu and Ken, though Schuldig had either shut up or stopped letting him hear them. Now he just had Youji and his nicotine withdrawal to entertain himself with.

Though, Youji during a Nicotine fit wasn't exactly entertaining, seeing as the blond had reached the mean stage of quitting. "Youji?" Brad knew the snarl was coming, it was one of the perks of precognition.

"What?!" Youji demanded, glaring.

"Geeze, don't take you nicotine fit out on me." Brad smirked. "It's not my fault you quit smoking."

"Is too." Youji muttered. "You and your fucking vision."

"I could have just let you develop cancer without any warning." Brad shrugged knowingly. "What was it you said? 'I like being alive'?"

"I'm not tolerating this quitting thing well." Youji sighed and leaned against the wall. "Maybe if we make Schuu quit too it wouldn't be so difficult."

"I REFUSE to deal with two people in nicotine withdrawal at once." Brad shook his head in refusal. "You alone is bad enough."

"I have been pretty bad, haven't I?"

"That doesn't quiet begin to describe it." Brad muttered to himself. "You've been a total bitch to live with since you quit."

"If I start smoking again now will I still kick the bucket?" Youji demanded. "I don't know how much longer I can take this quitting stuff."

"Don't know." Brad shrugged, then closed his eyes to deal with what was coming for a few moments. When his attention returned to the present he looked serious. "I can't tell. It's a crossroad that I can't influence without completely redirecting."

"Your power is screwy." Youji complained. "I think you're not telling me because you don't want me to know."

"Think what you want."

~~~~~~~~~~

//Got it yet, Kenken?//

//Hacking isn't my thing.// Ken's mind muttered into Schuldig's. //It's what Omi and Nagi do.//

//Well, Omi and Nagi are back at the shop, trying not to burn it down.//

//I know that, you idiot.// Ken mumbled mentally, his mind giving off an irritated feeling. //What was that password Omi gave you?//

~~~~~~~~~~

Aya shoved the door open and stepped inside, leading everyone else inside the pet shop. As they climbed the stairs the spell of things burnt filled the air. Once they'd reached the top they were treated to a view of the charred hallway, most of the fire damaging seeming to be centered on the door nearest the stares.

The one that belonged to Omi and Nagi.

"Holy crap." Schuldig muttered, pushing past Aya and dragging Ken with him. "Omi, Nagi, are you guys all right?"

"Fine." Nagi's voice actually cracked. "A lot of our stuffs will need replacing, though."

"I didn't mean to do it." Omi sounded like he was upset. "Really, I didn't."

"We know that." Ken shoved Schuu out of his way and pushed his way into the room. "Are you guys actually okay?"

"Yes." Omi stood up and hugged Ken briefly before returning to his safe-haven in Nagi's arms.

"Good." Ken ruffed each of their heads of hair individual. "Guess you two are sleeping downstairs until we get this place put back together."

"You aren't afraid I'll burn down the mission room?"

"You shouldn't have time for another attack on this scale before the cure is put together." Aya actually slipped and smiled slightly at the boy. "We think we've gotten the science team all of the information they'll need, now."

"So the mission was successful?"

"Not a hitch anywhere." Ken grinned broadly. "I even got through that damned vent without killing myself."

"So I should be normal again, soon?" Omi's blue eyes lit up at the concept and his whole demeanor brightened when ken nodded. "Oh thank GOD!"

-+-

When my Mom tried to quit smoking she went through a 'mean' stage... They're not pretty, trust me...

Reviews would be great.. and I'll work on getting myself back into the 'chapter of something a week' habit. I've got all sorts of stuff written out on hardcopy right now... Just a matter of fighting my way through the typing up of things. Expect more 'Gravitation & the White Cross', More 'Midnight Dies', and a possible start to the release of 'Demonology 101', which is the promised sequel to 'About Demons'. There also might be the release of 'The Racing Form', and AU that I've started work on. I should stop starting new stories and work on finishing something...