Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Midnight Dies" Sequel to "God Hurts" ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gods I am such a slacker...
But I've moved to a new shift at work and started getting set days off and started playing D&D with some friends on a weekly basis, so I sort of lost my author in all the confusion.

Anyways, I'm back and such, and here's the latest chapter.

Oh, and thanks to Madiha, who's the only person who reviewed the last chapter I posted.

-+-

"Midnight Dies" Chapter 9
A Schwarz tai Weiss story & the Sequel to "God Hurts"

-+-

"Go on, Youji." Schuldig smirked, nudging a lone cigarette and a lighter towards the center of the table. "Smoke it."

"I've quit, you German sociopath." Youji muttered, putting his full attention on the cup of coffee in his hands. "Put it away."

"Don't call my boyfriend a sociopath." Ken demanded, sitting down at the table. "Even if he is one."

"Heeeey!" Schuldig snickered at Ken, tugging the boy into a hug. Ken ignored Schuu and scooped the lighter and cigarette back into his red-head's pocket.

"No more taunting poor Youji." Ken kissed Schuu on the nose and extracted himself from his love's grasp. "Any news from the scientist guys yet?"

"Nop." Youji shrugged. "How's Omi this morning?"

"He was asleep when we woke up." Ken Shrugged. "So we don't know yet. No new and inexplicable fires so far today, so that's probably a good sign."

"I can't believe that it's getting this bad already." Youji demanded, drumming his fingers nervously. "We're lucky he didn't burn the whole place down yesterday."

"That's not nice, Youji." Ken crossed his arms and tried to convey a glare through his visor. "Omi's ability is unnatural, like mine. He hasn't got the mental and subconscious controls that come with a natural ability."

"How can you think of telepathy, telekinesis and precognition as NATURAL?"

"What's more natural than evolution, Youji?" Ken straitened his visor. "Natural always continues to build on itself."

"To cease to change would destroy the human race." Brad told them, pushing the door open. "To think that the humanity of today is the last step in our evolution would be foolish."

"Is that an assumption or a vision?" Youji glared at the American. Sure he was fun, sometimes, but only when he was on Youji's side.

"Take your pick."

~~~~~~~~~~

Omi shoved down the momentary panic he felt when he opened his eyes. He had to stay calm. Calm meant things didn't burst into flame with warning. Nagi stirred quietly next to him, mumbling something only vaugly coherent as he did so. Moving so as not to wake the smaller boy, Omi slid from the bed and walked to the window. The city outside was peaceful for this early in the day, with people just starting to move around and begin their days.

"Omi?" Nagi slipped up behind Omi, resting his chin on his shoulder. "What are you doing?"

"Just looking outside." Omi muttered, staring out the window. "Watching them. They're so normal."

"What makes them so 'normal', anyway?" Nagi muttered. "Who's to say they aren't the abnormal ones?"

"Random fires and floating objects?" Omi shrugged and couldn't help but crack a smile. "But I should be as normal as I ever get as soon as those scientist dorks have that new serum made.

"Soon, Omi, Soon. Otherwise I'll flatten them."

~~~~~~~~~~

"I still don't think that you're normal." Youji craned his neck in an attempt to look at the computer screen.

"I'm trying to deal with my stocks." Brad shot a pointed look at the blond. "Only you have a sixth sense and come interrupt me whenever I log in."

"Well, maybe Omi isn't the only one evolving."

~~~~~~~~~~

Schuldig held the pint sized, shaggy, black furred puppy by the scruff of the neck and glared at it. "I hate you, you little demon."

"Fucking demon." The black Myna Bird mimicked, having been let out of his cage by Farfello for some reason or another.

"You shut up, Birdbrain."

"BIRD BRAIN!" the bird screamed in echo.

"Schuldig!" Aya poked his head out of the little room behind the fish tanks. "Stop teaching that bird foul language. We're having enough trouble selling him as it is."

"Bad Schuldig." The bird squawked, then fluttered to Farfello's Shoulder as the man walked past. "Bad Schuldig!"

"You tell him, Camui." Farfello snickered, also reliving Schuldig of the black Chihuahua puppy. "Is that awful red-head being mean to you?" Farfello scratched behind the puppy's ears.

"You're being nice to those two monsters because you're trying to annoy me!" Schuldig grumbled, starting to return the eight or nine dozen cans of cat food the puppy had knocked off the shelf to it. "I say we throw those two monsters out on their respective tails!"

"Farfello wants to keep them." Aya smirked as he stepped over the mess of cans and headed for the door Farfello had left through. "But right now we're going to go see where that idiot scientists is. Brad says we're running out of time."......

......"That animal cannot stay here!" A tiny, somewhat overwrought scientists demanded, glaring at Farfello and the fluffy puppy he was holding.

Kaijuu can." Aya declared, taking the animal from Farfello before the Irishman could set the minuet dog loose on the man. "We want to know how your project is going."

"I don't see why you insist on harassing me at every turn, Mr. Fujimiya." the Scientists was annoyed and foolish.

"A member of my team gutted his bedroom by accidentally setting it on fire WITH HIS MIND!" Aya contemplated giving the Chihuahua back to Farfello by resisted the temptation. "We need this serum as soon as possible."

"Then you can leave." the scientists snarled. "The serum is really a micro-biological organism that produces a counter-drug. It will take until tomorrow to grow them and have them produce enough of the counter-drug."

"Good." Aya nodded curtly. "We'll expect it delivered tomorrow, since it's not safe for Omi to leave the house at the moment.

-+-

Review me, PLEASE! I love feedback!