Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Midnight Dies" Sequel to "God Hurts" ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Benben, Nekoneko, I hope the two of you are happy, I finally typed something up.

-+-

"Midnight Dies" Chapter 10
A Schwarz tai Weiss story & the Sequel to "God Hurts"

-+-

"Okay, I'm ready." Omi nodded and screwed his eyes closed, letting Nagi slide the needle containing the counter-serum into his arm. Once it was removed, Nagi waited for several seconds before talking.

"How do you feel?"

"The same." Omi stared at the tiny mark left by the needle.

"that was Anti-climatic." Schuldig complained. "After all the fires and shit it was way too calm."

"But Omi is flame-free now." Ken pointed out. "That means we've got him for the mission tonight."

"Fortunately, We'll be gone by then." Lynx eyed Schuldig briefly before taking a moment to attempt to undress Ken with his eyes.

"It will be nice to have the place to ourselves." Youji smirked slightly. "You and Ragdoll must be sick of hanging around now that we've got how to run this place figured out." Youji laid his arm casually along the back of the couch behind Brad's head.

"I'd rather keep control of the pet shop I put together, but hey," the Man gave a shrug while wearing an annoyed expression. "Easy come, Easy go."

Without any clear reason, Brad gave his head a shake, then cleared his throat. Youji looked at him expectantly, then made an annoyed sound at the lack of explanation. "I hate it when you do that, Brad."

"You'll just have to deal with it." Bradley straitened his glasses.

"How come Youji can call you Brad and I can't?" Schuldig demanded, exchanging a look with Ken that suggested they were plotting something.

"Don't ask questions you know I won't answer." Crawford glared at the German. "And no doing what you're planning or I'll be forced to hurt you.

"Why don't we go back over our plan for the mission tonight." Omi suggested, clearing his throat. "We'll only get once chance at nailing Taketori this time. He'll go into hiding if we miss."

"Ran is going to hurt God tonight." Farfello nodded knowingly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Youji watched Brad attempt to stand still and fail miserably as he shifted impatiently. "What are you expecting."

"Hell." Brad's voice was flat and serious.

"Hell?" Youji parroted, green eyes going wide.

"That's right." Crawford nodded calmly, then returned to his impatient shifting. "I couldn't find a way to avoid it."

"Why didn't you warn everyone?"

"It would be worse if they were anywhere else."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay Aya," It was Omi who spoke, though both Omi and Nagi were jammed into the same vent as Aya. The exit to this vent came out just above the personal office of one Taketori Reji. "We just have 20 minuets before this appointment will be over and we make our strike."

"I know." The red-head was deadly serious and glaring at the closed door of the office. All three were silent for close to 15 minuets, until Nagi finally complained.

"It is just me, or does it feel like they turned the heat up?" He boy demanded quietly, glaring back over his shoulder at Omi, then forward again at Aya, who hadn't even bothered to look back at them. That was when the Telekinetic noticed the thick feeling in the air. "Oh Crap, Omi?!"

"Nagi?" The blonde's voice rose sharply. "I think it might be me... I don't feel so good..."

"Fuck!" Nagi scrambled forwards and shoved Aya. "Omi is gonna turn this into a barbeque! We have to get out of this thing!"

"What?" Aya demanded, glaring at the small dark-haired boy. "Taketori isn't out there yet."

"Forget the mission." Omi's panicked voice echoed through the vent.

"The serum!"

~~~~~~~~~~

"How much longer, Schuu?" Ken tapped the screen impatiently, trying to stir up some action. "I don't like doing surveillance. Where the hell is the bastard anyways?"

"Impatient much, Kenken?" Schuldig snickered, then froze. "What the hell..."

"What the hell, What?" Ken's fingers wound into the sleeve of Schuldig's coat. "What are you talking about?"

"Omi's having another fireball attack."

"But the Serum,"

~~~~~~~~~~

"DIDN'T WORK!" Nagi finished for the red-head, telekinetically slamming the man out through the vent's grate. Then the smaller boy dragged both Omi and himself after Aya. Before the group could pick themselves up off the ground the door to Taketori's office swung open and huge portions of the hallway bust into flame. Aya's scream of rage at Taketori was nearly lost in the anguished scream from Omi.

Nagi threw up Telekinetic walls to protect them all, having no option by to include Taketori in the shielded area. Moment's later Omi screamed again and hit his knees, the flames outside the shield flaring while the distinctly wet noise of Aya brining his katana into play seemed to Echo.

-+-

I'm terrible, eh? What an incredible cliffhanger.