Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Midnight Dies" Sequel to "God Hurts" ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Midnight Dies"
Chapter 11
A Swartz Tai Weiss Story & The Sequel to "God Hurts"

-+-

Schuldig panted, cursing his smoker's lungs as he trailed Ken up towards the now burning corridor where the assassination of Taketori Reiji was to have taken place. The scene that greeted them was not one of comfort, both Taketori and Omi lay at the feet of their Red-headed companion, who stood surrounded by a pool of blood as he held the blade in his hands at the ready. The mess on the floor made it clear that the dripping blade had already been put to use, having laid open both chest and abdomen of the man Aya had long been seeking to kill. Violently, Aya slammed the blade down one last time, severing his longtime adversaries head with the blow. Nagi's semi-visible barrier shimmered between Ken and the Rest, Ken's calls for attention lost in the flame's roar as he pressed his hands against the barrier. Schuldig was more reserved, waiting for the telekinetic to drop the barrier before putting himself into contact with it.

"Omi," Nagi's voice was barley audible as he sank to his knees, gathering the small blond into his arms. Around them, the barrier flickered out of existence, causing Ken to tumble to the floor in a disorganized heap. "We need to get out of here." then a very grim Nagi started out, leaving a worried Ken and a confused Schuldig to convince Aya, who would have liked to continue with his mutilation of Taketori's corpse, that he could leave before the building burned to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Bradley?" Youji quietly stood at the door to Crawford's office, waiting for the man whom he now regarded as his leader to acknowledge the call.

"You've never been polite before, Youji." Crawford removed his glasses, setting them carefully aside. "What brought this sudden bout of it on?"

"I just wanted to ask if you've seen anything about new about Omi?" Youji combed Slender fingers absently through his hair, managing to brush the long blond strands from his eyes. "I have a feeling this whole thing isn't really over yet."

"You've got surprisingly good instincts for a non-talent." Brad smirked slightly, but didn't say more.

"Why do you do this?"

"Do what?" Crawford picked his glasses back up, absently taping a few buttons on the computer's keyboard.

"Make it clear that you know what's going to happen but not tell anyone what it is?" Youji slipped across the room and settled himself in what was fast becoming his place on Brad's desk.

"Are you planning to disrupt my entire evening?" Calmly, Crawford pushed the keyboard drawer under the desk. In fact, he seemed to have already started to shut the computer down.

"Well... Someone had a vision." Youji snickered quietly to himself. "Does this mean you're planning to just cave in and come without a fight?"

"You were planning to spend the whole night harassing me. This is less stressful. Let's just get out of here."

"I'm gonna be spending a whole lot more time harassing you if you think you're leaving dressed like some sort of American Businessman!"

"I am some sort of American Businessman!" Brad argued, though Youji seemed to completely ignore him as he dragged him down the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nagi sat on the balcony, just soaking in the feel of Omi's being near him and unharmed. The breeze was somewhat warm, and littered with the odd feel of Omi's dispersing talent. "Are you sure you're still feeling all right?" Nagi demanded, fussing over the blond.

"Stop worrying." Omi laughed softly, running his fingers over Nagi's cheek. "I only passed out before because of how much of my power was expended at once."

"You fell out of that grate, too." The fussing continued, making Omi sigh in response. He chose to ignore it, instead starring opening through the sliding glass door at Youji and Crawford.

"I think hell's frozen over..."

"Huh?" Nagi's dark haired head spun to take in what had so surprised Omi. Youji was dressed for bar hopping, thigh pants, exposed midriff and the like. That wasn't the shocking part. The shocking part was the dark haired man standing next to Youji. Crawford, normally seen only in various degrees of formal clothes, was wearing leather pants and a tight shirt made of some sort of silk-like material. Perhaps most disturbing was the lack of the glasses both teenagers had believed to be permanently attacked to the man's head. "Maybe we're asleep..."

"Maybe." Omi nodded in agreement, still dumbstruck.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Schuu..." Ken waited for the German to close the door behind them to remove the visor from his eyes. The room was completely dark, though it had been quiet awhile since that bad been a problem for him. "Do you think everything's really over?"

"I think so." Schuldig shrugged, tugging the yellow bandana from his hair. "But I wouldn't get too set in it being the end. Remember what happened last time we though this was done?"

"Yesterday sucked." Ken reached out, leading Schuldig across the room towards the bed. "But Omi's all right. And he's burning off the last bits of his pyrokinesis. At least that'll be finished soon."

"Why don't you turn the light on?" Schuldig made himself comfortable on the bed, sprawling out with a yawn as he tugged his brunette lover down with him.

"We don't need light." Ken only managed a mumble, snuggling against the German without resisting.

"It's not even late." The German's voice was decorated with a snicker. "Aren't we going to go out and celebrate or something?"

"That's too much work." The laugh was infectious, though instead of letting it die, Ken reached out to teach his fingers over the ribs of his lover. "Let's just lounge around here and enjoy the fact that this is all as over as it's ever going to get."

~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't see why you wouldn't let me wear my glasses." Brad glared slightly at Youji as they close the cab's doors.

"You have sexy eyes. It's wrong to cover them up like you do." Youji draped an arm over Brad's shoulders. "The fact that you own leather pants is impressive. Just proves that you really want to act like me and have fun."

"I needed these pants for a mission." The American glared again. "I was supposed to infiltrate a drug ring for Estet."

"Then why did you keep these pants?" Youji smirked, glancing at Crawford's backside. "Not that you should regret it - They look good on you."

"You won't like these pants later tonight."

"Huh?"

"Let's just go in. You'll see later."

"You had another vision!" Youji cased Bradley as he walked towards the link. "Tell me about it! It's not fair!"

~~~~~~~~~~

"I still don't believe it." Nagi's voice still conveyed more than just his disbelief, it was also colored by sheer, unadulterated shock.

"Just stop trying to comprehend it." The snicker was from Omi. "Sometimes you just have to give in and trust that this is the way things are supposed to go." Brown eyes slitted slightly as they examined the other boy's blue eyes.

"That sounded creepily like something Crawford would say." Nagi snickered with Omi, curling against the older boy. "I think you're channeling his normal personality."

"Must have been hanging around him too much lately." Omi shrugged with the shoulder Nagi wasn't using as a pillow. "It just seemed like the right thing to say."

"Well, I don't care how things go, anymore, so long as we both go in the same direction."

-+-

Well... This feels really Odd to type.. but...

<--Owari Chapter-->
<--Owari Story-->

Took me more than a year.. but I finished it.