Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of the Assassins ❯ Opposites Attract ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yuki grinned as she saw Aya-chan in the garden having a phone conversation. She walked closer in hope of catching a bit of the topic but came too late as her cousin hung up and kept the phone. Yuki sighed and sat down beside her
 
“Who was that?”
“No one…” Aya-chan replied.
“But you seem to be enjoying it. Could it be your prince, Aya-hime?” the younger girl said, nudging her.
“Nah. I was just talking to a friend.” She shrugged.
“A guy friend?” The girl nodded.
“Well that's a bad new for Mitchii.” Yuki sighed while Aya-chan shrugged again.
“Ne Yuki, do you miss Ken?” the girl asked suddenly. Yuki stared at her for a while.
“Uhm… Yeah. Of course I do.”
“What do you think is he doing now if he didn't die in the accident?” again, she stared at her cousin startled at the flow of the talk but answered the question anyway.
“Well… maybe starting his new life or even a family…” she shrugged.
“Yuki-chan…” Aya-chan asked sweetly.
 
Yuki groaned inwardly at this. Aya-chan used a tone she only uses when she wants to squeeze something out of her.
 
“What?” she muttered.
“Where do you think Ken belongs? With us or with Yuriko?” there was a moment of silence.
“Well, I believe everyone should belong to where his or her heart is. In Ken's case, it was obvious where his heart belongs…” she said softly.
“Only I ruined it for him…” she thought, looking at the sky.
“Yuki… Are you okay?” her cousin said, peering at her
“Yeah. And by the way… Why did we go to this topic? If I remember right, YOU should be the main topic here.” Yuki said with narrowed eyes.
“Well, my diversionary tactics work didn't it?” Aya-chan beamed.
 
The two laughed for a while and then stopped as they heard a car halt outside then the doorbell rang. And by the bickering voices, they rushed to greet Ryoko, Yoji and Joshua.
 
“Hi!” Aya-chan greeted.
“You really will pay a damn lot for what you did Kudou Yoji!!!” Ryoko screeched, walking past everyone.
“What happened to her?” Yuki asked, pointing at Ryoko who had just slammed the door shut.
“Got way too mad coz…” Joshua was cut off in mid sentence by a loud shout of `SORA!!!!!' from inside the house.
“Coz Sora planted a tracking device in her bag for us to know where she is.” Yoji finished with a wink.
“And you two just popped out of nowhere when practice was over?” Aya-chan asked in a semi-disbelieving tone.
“Yup!” Joshua grinned while Yuki shook her head.
“Everyone find cover immediately. World War III is about to begin…” she muttered.
***************************************************************** *******
 
Folter and Todesursache waited for Morgaine to say something. They were called in by her to discuss something but up until now, a quarter of an hour later, their leader still remained silent.
 
“Why did you send us here?” Folter at last asked.
“Wait a while longer. We still need Hec.” Folter rolled her eyes and slumped in her seat.
 
After a long time, the door opened again, and Hecate marched in and angrily sat on one of the chairs.
 
“So, did you find out anything?” Morgaine asked with a small smile.
“Yeah… I don't know how you found out but I'm glad you did. I'm going to make them pay for that.” She said between gritted teeth.
“What is she talking about?” Todesursache asked but no one answered her.
“Girls. I just want to lay out my little plan about our angel friends and their charges.” Morgaine's smile now turned into a smirk.
“Well that's good news. We haven't been bothering them for a long time.” Todesursache grinned, rubbing her hands together.
“Hmmm… I'm smelling a come back surprise here.” Folter smirked, looking at Morgaine.
“Of course.”
***************************************************************** *******
It was the dead of the night but still, Aya-chan sat on a bench in the garden. A while later, she heard the gate open. She waited until she heard the footsteps nearing her.
 
“You're late.” She said, turning around to look at him.
“Work…” he smiled back.
“Don't worry, everyone's out on a mission. Something about a group of foreign whatever…” Aya-chan said, waving her hands as if motioning the thing away. He just sighed.
“Ne, do you really have any plan on being with us?” Josh is only a temporary until Kritiker finds a new guy. But they need not go into such trouble if only you will agree with me.” Dead silence fell.
“You know, Yuki told me earlier that everyone should belong to where his or her heart is. Now tell me, where does your heart wants you?”
***************************************************************** *******
“So, what do you think about the missions here?” Yuki grinned at Joshua, as the last of their enemies fell.
“Fun. I'm starting to like the work here…” he grinned, pushing his hair back.
“This is just one teeny bit of a mission where we face worthless guys. You haven't seen nothing yet.” Jelmerie said.
“Wait til we cross paths with Scwarz and the Erinyes again!” Ryoko announced cheerfully then received a whack on the head courtesy of Yoji.
“No one here is looking forward to that…” the blonde glared.
“And speaking of the devils. I wonder what happened to them…” Jelmerie said.
“Maybe they're dead.” Omi suddenly spoke up.
“No way, they can't die yet…” Yuki said. Yoji raised his fist to hit her but lowered it again. Just then, Ran and Sora came.
“Let's go. Mission's over.” Sora smiled.
***************************************************************** *******
As usual, girls swarmed the shop and it took sometime before they disappeared. By that time, everyone was tired and had settled into their own comfy corners of the shop.
 
“Onii-chan, I'll just go out for a while. Is it okay?” Aya-chan watched as her brother's expression turned stiff.
“You may go Aya-chan, just be careful.” Sora said, throwing a glare at the redhead.
 
Aya-chan gave her a grateful look hen turned to her brother and said one last goodbye before going out.
 
“Hey Omitchii, looks like our Aya-hime's out on a rendezvous again.” Yoji said as he pulled Omi aside to watch Aya-chan go.
***************************************************************** *******
“You're late again…” Aya-chan frowned.
“Sorry but work's getting hectic these days.”
“Just kidding. I just came here too..” she smiled.
***************************************************************** *******
“Yoji-kun, I don't think we're doing the right thing…” Omi said as he and Yoji went nearer to the park
“Don't you want to know who your rival is?” Omi blushed. Yoji patted him and led him to the park where they could catch a glimpse of the girl.
***************************************************************** *******
“Where's everyone?” Yuki asked as she found the shop nearly devoid of people.
“Aya went out to have a time off. Yoji and Omi disappeared while Jel, Josh and Ran are out on delivery.” Sora explained.
“Okay. Ne, I'm goint out on a delivery for this one!” Yuki said, grabbing a boquest Omi had arranged earlier.
“Sure.” Sora smiled
***************************************************************** *******
 
“Princess, I won't be seeing you for a while.” He started.
“Why?”
“Work.” Aya-chan was about to answer when he motioned for her to keep still.
“Someone's watching us…” he said.
***************************************************************** *******
 
“Where is she?” Yoji asked as they lost sight of Aya-chan.
“Maybe they found us out. Come on. Let's go backYoji-kun…” Omi pleaded.
“Hallo Yoji-kun, Omi-kun!!!” Aya-chan said from behind, putting a hand over their shoulders.
“What…” Yoji wondered.
“Come on, let's go back.” Omi sighed.
 
The three went back to the shop, with Aya-chan smiling all the way.
***************************************************************** *******
Yuki stared at the wreck across the street. She couldn't anymore remember what the house looked like before it was burnt to the ground.
 
“I'm really, really sorry Ken, for ruining everything…”
 
Witht hat, she crossed the street and laid the boquet on the ground then said a prayer before leaving.
***************************************************************** *******
Nagi opened the door of his room and sighed as he closed it behind him.
 
“That was close…” he muttered, referring to the incident earlier.
***************************************************************** *******
“Mission? At this hour of the day?” Jelmerie asked when Manx and Birman arrived that afternoon.
“Not really. Just a briefing for one.” Birman said.
 
Folders were distributed and it took a while of silence as they read the information.
 
“So, what's the plan?” Ryoko asked, snapping her folder shut.
“A private auction for smuggled goods recovered by the police, items from the black market, and all things illegal?” Omi asked.
“Two of you need to go undercover for that m,ission.”
“And who will go?”
“That's why you're here…”
“According to the data, there will be a lot of socializing involved. I suggest Yoji.” Sora smiled.
“I think everyone agrees with that.”
“And the other one?”
“It can't be any one among Yuki Ryoko and Jelmerie.” Ran said suddenly.
“I agree.” Manx seconded.
“Then let it be Sora.” Joshua smiled.
“No!” Jelemrie objected.
“I say Manx! Ryoko exclaimed then exchanged grins with Jelmerie.
“I'm not a fielder.” Manx glowered.
“Why? You don't want to spend some time with me?” Yoji blinked. Manx rolled her eyes.
“Birman, you go.” Manx muttered.
“I think Ryo's right Manx, you should go.” Yuki spoke up.
“Why?” the redhead challenged.
“You're the secretary of the late Shuichi Takatori, surely everyone knows that.” Yuki said calmly but with a lopsided grin, making eye contact with Manx.
“You can easily slip into the crowd, everyone should know you…” the girl continued.
“And recognition could lessen suspicion.” Omi said. Manx gave him a surprised look.
“Right. Besides you should be familiar to the politicians present and their backgrounds. You'll be able to gather information no time” Ryoko grinned.
“And that could lessen the time you spend there. Come on Manx, we all know what connections can do.” Jelmerie added.
“And you'll be able to formulate a list of suspects before the auction starts.” Sora chimed in.
“As I see it, you have no way out of this Ms. Manx.” Joshua said, looking directly at her.
 
It took a while of silence, and everyone thought the case's closed especially the Rebelling Angels who were starting to exchange high fives and wide grins.
 
“Wait…” everyone looked at Manx
“Everyone knows my connection to Shuichi Takatori and they should also know what happened to him. Besides, most will be on the side of Reiji Takatori. Wouldn't my presence there arouse suspicion?” there was silence.
“You have a point…” Yuki sighed. Manx almost shouted in triumph.
“But…” Yuki added with a mischievous glint in her eyes.
“Have you forgotten about yoji? We can make it appear that he's a member of the Takatori clan…” The smirk went back on Yuki's lips.
“What!?!?!” The redhead woman exclaimed.
“That's a good one Yuki. We could make him a clan member and a supporter of Reiji Takatori's ideas.” Birman said, trying hard not to laugh.
“The Takatori clan isn't all wiped out. They surely know that a few member of the clan still lives. The Takatori Empire is hard to break.” Yuki said while some stole a glance at Omi who lowered his gaze.
“We can pull t his one…” Ryoko whispered to Jelemrie afterwards.
“A little more…” Jelmerie whispered back.
“Gomen ne, but I think they have a point. It'll be easier if they know Yoji share the same opinion on things.” Aya-chan spoke up.
“And how did I end up working for him?”
“Easy. I'll say I've had my eyes on you for a long time and as soon as I heard of Takatori's death, I immediately moved to lay my hands on you.” Yoji grinned, puffing smoke from his cigar.
“Shut up…” Manx growled.
“I guess it's all settled now. Manx and Yoji will be doing the mission.” Ran spoke up.
“You two will be leaving in a few hours. Dimissed.” Birman seconded, ending the meeting before Manx could object.
“Hey that was great!” Jelmerie said to Yuki as she stood up.
“Well, only a reason like that could get Manx in that mission.” The girl beamed.
“Yuki, Ran said you and Aya-chan could spend the night here. Is it okay?” Yuki nodded.
“You seem to be very happy today cuz, and that was a great idea!” Aya-chan said, patting her on the back.
“Yeah, you seem hyper these days…” Ryoko commented
“Well…” Yuki grinned, remembering a chat with a “ friend”
“I'll get you one day for this Yuki…” Manx whispered dangerously in her ear as she passed. Yuki gulped.
“Come on Manx, don't terrorize Yuki. That was a great plan!” Sora snickered.
***************************************************************** *******
“Yuki.” Ken said softly
“Yuki wake up…”
 
The girl stirred in her sleep as she heard her name being called again. It was scarcely 3 hours since the meeting ended and her mind still craved for sleep.
 
“Wake up. Your neck will hurt if you're going to sleep that way.” Ken explained.
 
Yuki tried to block the words away from her mind and thought of other things, but the persistent calling started to get into her system.
 
“Get out of my room Ken…” when her words sank into her, she suddenly opened her eyes.
“Ken?”
Yuki sat up and true to what Ken, or whoever was that had said, her neck was starting to hurt. She looked around and found everything in order. She slumped back to on her bed after arranging her pillows and tried to think of other things, her chat with Andrei, and her triumph over Manx. Yet, the voice of her former charge still echoed in her.
***************************************************************** *******
 
“Ohayou Omi-kun! You're early today!” Aya-chan greeted as she entered the still closed shop.
“Ohayou…”
“Eh? Why do you seem lifeless today Omitchii?” Omi gave her a weak smile.
“Aya-chan… Am I evil?” Omi asked looking away
“What made you say that?” Aya-chan mover to see his face.
“I'm the son of Reiji Takatori, the one… the one who killed your parents and separated you from your brother.”
“Of course not. Even though you're his son it doesn't mean you'll follow his footsteps.” There's a hint of conviction in her words but Omi couldn't still let himself believe her.
“Sometimes I thought I might wake up just like my family…” the girl sighed.
“Not everyone in your family is evil. Shuichi Takatori isn't and I believe so are you. Besides, weren't you the one who kept me from Schwarz?” Omi suddenly jerked his face up and met her smiling gaze.
“You don't remember? It was sometime before I woke up. I started to feel my surroundings. I felt tension around me that is until I heard your voice.” She narrated. Omi's face started to color as he remembered that night.
“That's when I started to feel better. Yours and Onii-chan's voice were the only ones that I heard then. I felt safe when I was with you but then someone came and carried me away. I was worried about the owner of the voice because I knew my abductor had did something to you. But when I woke up and found myself with Sakura-san and Manx, I wondered if it was just a dream. But I was wrong coz you're here.” She smiled. Omi's blush deepened.
“And I believe that the voice that comforted me during that time will never be corrupted in any way.”
“Aya?” Yuki shouted as she opened the door, making Omi jump.
“Sorry if I'm late. Come on.” Aya-chan gave Omi another smile before she and her cousin left.
***************************************************************** *******
 
“I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!” Ryoko complained as she and Jelmerie ate
“For goodness' sake Ryo, calm down. Exploding like that won't et you anywhere You need to save your energy for your practice later.” Jelmerie said coolly.
“Hell! You don't know how hard it is!” Ryoko snapped, taking a huge bite from her sandwich.
“By the way, it's been a long time since I last saw that necklace of your. Where's the other half?” Ryoko choked on her sandwich and had to take a sip from her juice before she answered the girl.
“I gave it to Cammy. Though where it is now I have no idea.” She said and she knew she meant it.”
“Ne, I just remember, didn't Cammy say that the half of your pendant will belong to a person that will be connected to your entire life?” With this, Ryoko stopped and stared at Jelmerie, with the glass still held inches above the table.
“And how? Cammy's dead already.” She said.
“But what if it's not with Cammy anymore? What if she lost it and someone found it?” Jelmerie said seriously.
“ Some like… CALVIN!!!” she added with a wide grin.
“Like hell…” the other girl glowered.
“Who knows?” When was the last time you saw that other half?”
“Dunno…” Ryoko replied knowing perfectly well that the last time she saw the other half of her necklace involves a brunette, a hospital and an enemy.
***************************************************************** *******
 
Nagi walked around the now familiar park in search of one person.
 
“Where are you?”
 
At last, he saw her. Walking closer, he nodded in contentment at knowing that it really was Aya-chan but another sight seized him.
 
“Sachiel!” he thought, surprised.
 
Yuki was sitting beside Aya-chan, both of them talking but Aya-chan occasionally looks around when the other girl isn't looking. Nagi stood glued at his place. What is she planning to do? Why did she bring a member of the Rebelling Angels with her?
***************************************************************** *******
“Why didn't you show up?” Aya-chan asked as she stood outside yuki's place.
“But it's just Yuki!” she giggled as she heard the answer.
“Come on, it couldn't be that bad! She's not as impulsive a murdered as Ryo.” She answered matter-of-factly.
“Fine, fine, fine. Bye…” she smiled as she hung up.
 
Just as she was about to enter her cousin's apartment, she ehars a series of noise and saw Omi in a heap on the floor.
 
“What happened?” She asked. Rushing to his help.
“Nothing. My bag just gave away.” He muttered.
“You shouldn't be putting these much in your bag. Or maybe you should buy another one to put these.” She advised, carrying some books in her arms.
“Thanks a lot for helping. Aya-chan.” Omi said, offering to take her load.
“There's no way you can carry all of these on your own.” She grinned. Omi sighed.
“Yeah. Sorry.” He muttered, blushing.
 
They carried Omi's things to his room and laid it on top of the table after which the girl said goodbye.
 
“Ano, Aya-chan…” Omi said from behind the door, stopping the girl as she started to walk.
“Nani?”
“Thanks a lot for helping me…” he said then closed the door immediately.
***************************************************************** *******
“Yuki!!!” came Aya-chan's voice from outside.
 
The girl opened the door and let her cousin in. The two went in Yuki's room and sat on the bed.
 
“Yuki, how will you know if you're in love?” Yuki, who was stroking the purring Tabriz on her lap stopped and stared at Aya-chan.
“Don't tell me…”
“Just answer.” She smiled.
“I dunno. But I believe in what they say that you'll only know that you're in love when you get hurt.” She answered softly, as she stroked the cat again.
“Hey snow girl opened up!!!” Ryoko shouted from outside.
“So, why did you call us?” Jelmerie asked.
“I just thought you'd want to know what's happening with Yoji and Manx.” Yuki grinned.
“Like hell, no thanks…” Ryoko rolled her eyes.
“Okay.” Yuki shrugged then walked to her computer. She opened up some programs and then turned the speaker into full volume.
“There's no way I'm going to share a room with you!” They heard Manx's voice. Ryoko stared at Yuki then rushed to the computer.
“How…” she started.
“I've planted a bug on them, and with Omi's help, we can hear their conversations anytime.” She explained as Omi knocked on the door.
***************************************************************** *******
Manx marched to the bed and threw her bag on it. It turned out that there was only one room reserved for them and the hotel's currently fully booked so they can't get another room just yet.
 
“You stay there.” Manx glared, throwing a pillow and blanket at the blonde.
“Here? I thought the bed was for sleeping?” he smirked, sitting close to her.
“Yeah it is. And I'm sleeping on it, now scram.” Yoji shook his head and settled on his place on the floor.
***************************************************************** *******
Everyone in the room burst out laughing.
 
“KAWAII!!!” Jelmerie and Yuki exclaimed, grinning at each other.
“Good. He got what he deserved…. Stupid blonde.” Ryoko muttered.
“Er… Don't you think it's a bit dangerous?” Omi said in a mid-squek.
“What is?” Yuki asked, a wide grin still plastered on her face.
“We could hear some er… inappropriate things.” Omi said
“If you're talking about Yoji making out with a girl. Forget it. Manx will throw him back to Tokyo when that happens.” Yuki snickered.
***************************************************************** *******
“I know those two will click!” Birman grinned as she and Sora laid down the headphones.
“Yeah.” Sora grinned.
“So, what's it with the report you submitted to Kritker. About you finding a replacement for Ken?”
“Oh that. I haven't really found him. He's just a prospective replacement.”
“Who?” Birman asked and Sora whispered the name in her ear.
“Him?!?! Are you sure you're not pulling my leg?” Sora shook her ehad and produced a disk.
“The report's here. Read it.” She smiled.
***************************************************************** *******
“Wake up…” Again, Yuki heard Ken call.
“You're going to be late.”
“I'm dreaming.” Yuki convinced herself.
“Yuki I said wake up.” His tone was irritated now and Yuki slowly sat up, then looked at the clock.
“The same time he wakes me up before…” she muttered.
“Yuki!!!” Aya-chan greeted, opening the door of her rooma nd making her jump.
“You look like you've seen a ghost.” Her cousin commented.
“You just startled me, that's all.”
“Breakfast's ready. Move quick or you'll be late.”
 
Yuki nodded but still didn't move after Aya-chan had closed the door. Her eyes fell on the jar on her bedside table and stared at it.
 
“Are you haunting me Ken? For what I did?”
***************************************************************** *******
Yoji and Manx set out for their mission. The party is to be set in a private residence not far from their hotel.
 
“Is my beautiful secretary ready?” Yoji asked as he waited outside their room.
 
Moments later, Manx stepped outside, in a red cocktail dress that made Yoji whistle.
 
“Shall we go?” Yoji asked, holding out his arm.
“You're supposed to be my boss. Balinese.” She smirked standing behind him. Yoji sighed before walking away.
***************************************************************** *******
“You'll lead us to her Nagi.” Morgaine said as their groups met.
“We'll have an advantage if we could get her.” Folter said.
 
Nagi as usual did not speak, but his mind was buzzing with all the thoughts running wild in them. He sometimes glanced at Schuldig, afraid he might read his mind.
 
“When can we do the operation?” Schuldig asked, looking at Nagi.
 
Nagi stared. He will be betraying Aya-chan, his princess.
 
“Tomorrow…” he answered, not showing any sign of emotion.
***************************************************************** *******
“Hey. I heard you've got a bug on Yoji and Manx!” Joshua said as he went inside Yuki's apasrtment.
“Yup! Wanna hear some? We've recorded them earlier.” Jelmerie grinned, holding out a headset to him
“Sure!” he answered, taking it.
“Ne Yuki, did you give me a white cat stuffed toy?” Jelmerie asked as Joshua started listening.
“Nope. Why?”
“Weird. I woke up this morning and there it was at the foot of my bed. I asked Sora but she said she didn't enter my room.” Jelmerie said.
“Why… I received a stuffed toy too. A large, cuddly cat head. It magically appeared in my room while you're out for a mission. Onii-chan asked who gave it and I just said Yuki.” Aya-chan added.
“Wait, don't tell me all of you received a gift from an unknown someone except me!!!” Ryoko whined.
“Who could be sending it? He or she must have access to our places in order to do that.” Yuki thought aloud.
“Nah. It could've just been Kudou.” Ryoko said
“He doesn't have the key to our house.” Jelmerie retorted.
“Don't tell me it's from the Erinyes?! Like hell they'll send us a gift.” Ryoko snorted.
“Peace offering?” Yuki grinned. Jelmerie glared a ther.
“Then they would've killed us instead. Not unless…” Ryoko stopped, her eyes fixed on Joshua who was still istening to the audios.
“Not unless we're being bugged…” Jelmerie said, voicing out their thoughts.
“Don't be silly. Besides what does your card read? Yuki's present had a card welcoming her for her return and mine say, `for the princess of the koneko'. What's yours?”
“Well, mine goes something in the lines of, `to the cutest and sweetest angel'” Jel said.
“Then it couldn't be from an enemy could it? Come on, let's not think about that.” Aya-chan smiled. The others nodded somewhat hesitantly.
“Hey, let me know when you catch more okay?” Joshua smirked, walking away from the computer.
“Sure!” Yuki grinned.
“Hey, have you heard, Sora's found a prospective new member of Weiss.”
“Really? I thought Kritiker would provide that.” Yuki said.
“Well. Sora just passed a proposition but Kritiker still has the last word.”
“As long as it won't be anyone from the Crashers…” Ryoko snorted.
“Did she tell you who?” Jel asked.
“Nope.” Came the reply.
 
Everyone was surprised as Aya's cell phone started to ring. She excused herself and took the call outside Yuki's room.
 
“Hi!” she greeted upon hearing the familiar voice.
“Ne, we were just talking about you. So, are you really in?”
“Not yet princess. And it's still up to Kritker if they want me and up to me if I want it.” Aya-chan frowned.
“Princess, could we meet tomorrow morning?” Aya-chan blinked.
“Tomorrow? But I thought you have work? But sure, why not. Same place?” Aya-chan nodded.
“Okay I'll try to go. Oh wait,”
“What is it Aya-hime?”
“I will be disappointed if I will not see you on our side. Remember, you promised it.”
***************************************************************** *******
Late that night, Ryoko lay awake in her room. She couldn't sleep no matter what she do and it's starting to piss her off. Then, her eyes landed on the necklace on the mattress.
 
“Prodigy…” Ryoko muttered as she dangled the necklace in front of her.
 
~ Flashback ~
 
Ryoko and Camellia watched the still unconscious Nagi in the hospital.
 
“He's going to be okay.” Camellia smiled at the nervous Ryoko.
“Do you know who he is?” Ryoko shook her head, obviously still shaken from the happenings.
“He…” Camellia started, looking at Nagi then back to Ryoko.
“Is Prodigy Nagi Naoe. Part of Scwharz.” Ryoko's eyes widened.
“We should tell Sora!” Ryoko exclaimed, pulling out her cell phone but Camellia's hand stopped her.
“We're not telling anybody about him” the older girl said firmly.
“But Cammy, that's ridiculous. When they know what we did, we're done for!”
“Are you going to tell them?” the firmness in her voice lingered. Ryoko shook her head.
“I didn't go down the shore coincidentally Ryo-chan. I knew Prodigy is lying there and I didn't bring you with me without a reason either. Trust me on this one Ryo-chan and everything will be fine.”
 
~ End of Flashback ~
 
“I still can't see your point in saving him Cammy.” Ryoko said, tucking the necklace under her pillow.
***************************************************************** *******
“A lot of girls to play with.” Yoji whispered to Manx as they entered the huge room.
“Shut up. We're here for a mission.” Manx glared.
“Hanae? Is that really you?” A blonde woman asked, making the pair turn around.
 
Manx looked at her then turned to Yoji.
 
“Hinagi Rachel, mistress of the former Treasury Minister.” Manx said in a quick whisper.
“Rachel! It's nice to see you here!” Manx said as the woman walked to her.
“Who's that guy you're with?” Rachel asked as Yoji winked at her.
“Mr. Yusuke Takatori.” She said in a formal tone.
“Mr. Takatori, this is Ms. Hinagi Rachel.” Yoji, instead of bowing, took her hand and kissed it. Manx held back an urge to roll her eyes.
“The party's going to start soon. I sure hope you enjoy yourself.” Rachel greeted as she led the two.
***************************************************************** *******
“This would've been fun if it comes with visuals…” Jelmerie pouted.
“Cool it Jel. At least we can hear them.” Yuki said.
“Ne, Can I sleep here?” the other asked.
“You're getting addicted to Kritiker's Sweethearts.” Yuki giggled.
“You can't blame me… I just wish we can receive visuals so we can tape them. Hold on to the headphone for me while I call Sora” Jelmerie snickered.
“Sure!”
***************************************************************** *******
“Have you seen the look on her face?!?!” Sora laughed.
“She'll never hear the end of this…” Birman replied with an evil grin as the phone rang.
“Wait a sec Kyoko, I'll juts get the phone. Watch out for the tape okay. It's more fun if we can show her a souvenir.” She smirked
“It's Jel saying she won't be coming home tonight. She's staying with Yuki…”
***************************************************************** *******
 
The next morning, Aya-chan went out early so as to meet him before going to school. As usual, the place is at the park, but their talk didn't last that long today. As she watched him walk away, it seemed that all her efforts are worth it. She's starting to think about what will happen in the following days. Her thoughts were interrupted as a girl carrying a bag of groceries tripped in front of her.
 
“Are you okay miss?” Aya-chan asked as she bent down to help her.
“yes of course. Thanks a lot.” The girl said holding out a bottle in her hands.
 
In an instant, Todesursache had sprayed something straight to her face that made her dizzy and almost instantaneously, fainted.
 
“Miss? What happened?” Todesursache asked as she held Aya-chan in her arms.
 
A little crowd of people had gathered around them, peering over the unconscious girl.
 
“What's happening here?” A man said, pushing through the crowd.
“She fainted sir.” Todesursache answered, in a perfectly concerned tone.
“Let's take her to the hospital.”
 
Todesursache and Schuldig walked away from the crowd, with their captive in Schuldig's arms.
***************************************************************** *******
 
“Hello?” Ran said as he answered his phone
“You…” he muttered at recognizing the voice.
“What did you say?!” Just then Sora burst into the shop.
“Aya-chan's been kidnapped…”
***************************************************************** *******
He was waiting for them inside the Angels' house. He looked up and saw Ran and Sora coming in. The moment Ran was in front of him he felt a sharp pain on the face where ran had landed.
 
“Where is she?” Ran glared.
“Calm down Abyssinian!” Sora said, holding back the redhead.
 
He staggered to get up and faced the two.
 
“It's my fault sorry…” he said.
“But I know where she is.”
***************************************************************** *******
Yuki pressed the headphone in her ear tight. She's in the middle of her break in school and decided to open her laptop to listen to some “interesting news”. But what she heard froze her blood.
“I'm with Yusuke Takatori…” Yuki was sure it wasn't Manx's voice . She pressed the headphone closer as she continued to listen.
“I'm sure he'll help us, he's got the Takatori blood in him.” Came the voice again.
“We just have a little problem, Kitada Hanae, Shuichi Takatori's former secretary…” there was a small pause.
“Okay then, leave Yusuke to me, I'll hand her over to you…”
 
Yuki's eyes widened as she heard silence on the other line. She stared unbelievingly at the laptop in front of her and jumped as a hand rested on her shoulder.
 
“Yuki-chan. You better keep that now. The assembly's going to start” Kanoe said.
***************************************************************** *******
Jelmerie, Omi, and Ryoko went to the flowershop and found Joshua standing outside.
 
“It's locked. Looks like Sora and Ran went out somewhere.” He said.
“Weird…” Omi said tossing the keys to him.
***************************************************************** *******
Yuki tapped her foot impatiently as the speaker rambled on.
 
“What a great time for an assembly…” she muttered, looking down at her watch.
***************************************************************** *******
Manx sighed as the waiter handed her glass of tequila. She had went down to the hotel's bar to cool down. She stared at the ice in her glass as she remembered last night.
 
~ Flashback ~
 
“You should rest.” Yoji said as they went out of the resort.
“I'm fine.”
“Mr. Takatori…” a man called.
“Mr. Takenori. Is there anything we should talk about at this time of the night?” Yoji asked, waiting for the man to approach him.
“May we ask you to stay a while?” he said.
“For what? Is it that important?” Manx watched as Mr. Takenori whispered something to him.
“That sounds fun. Of course I'll stay. And don't forget to make the women come.” He added.
“Yes. So if you'll follow me…”
 
Yoji nodded to Manx who followed them, but Mr. Takenori stopped and looked indignantly at Manx.
 
“We won't be needing you now Kitada-san.” He said.
“Excuse me, but my secretary goes wherever I go.” He gave the man a private wink as he placed an arm on her waist and pulled her close.
“I'm very sorry Mr. Takatori, but we really don't need extra people, especially, not those from our rank…”
“I understand, Looks like you're going to spend the night alone Hana…” Yoji said, leaning close to her.
“Go back and have some sleep, I'll be doing the job.” He smiled.
**********
 
Manx waited as she knew Yoji would come soon. She's been monitoring him through the tracking device on him. Shew atched as the door swung open and expected the blonde to enter with a wide grin. What she didn't expect was him waling in with a woman.
 
“You can stay here if you want Corrine…” Yoji said to the woman as he marched beside the glaring Manx.
“Hanae…”
“We're on a mission Yoji, why the hell did you bring a woman here?!?!”
“Don't think I forgot. Corrine may have valuable information. I find her running away from Takenori's bodyguards. She could help us.” Manx looked at him for a long time then rolled her eyes.
“Corrine, this is my secretary Kitada Hanae.” Manx bowed before turning around.
“You're tired. I'm going to ask room service for food. You could sleep in Hanae's bed for the meanwhile.” Manx looked sharply at Yoji who returned the gesture.
 
*********
Manx slowly opened her eyes. She had fallen asleep on the couch, and Corrine was on the bed but she could not see any sign of the blonde. She sat up and the coat serving as her makeshift blanket fell. She noticed that it was Yoji's coat he had worn earlier. She reached for it, and upon placing it on her lap, did she only see Yoji. He was standing near the window, with a glass of beer in hand. He smiled at her and she stared back.
 
“Go back to sleep Hana. It's too early, you might develop wrinkles on your pretty face.” He joked.
“And you?” Yoji answered her with a wink.
*********
 
~ End of Flashback ~
 
Manx took a sip of her drink. Her phone had rung a few times since the last five minutes and getting tired of the ringing, she turned it off.
 
“Kudou Yoji, you're such a stupid blonde…” she muttered.
***************************************************************** *******
Sora stopped the car a few meters away from the house. It looked old and uninhabited but he said that Aya-chan's there.
 
“Here we are.” She said, glaring at Ran.
 
The trio went out of the car and stared at the house for a while before Ran made a move to enter.
 
“Wait. We don't know how many are there…” Ran turned around and threw a deathglare.
“He's right Ran. Only Schuldig and Todesusache could've done the operation but we can't be sure that they're all there. I'm going to look around the place to be sure. But we won't be taking drastic actions. We will talk about this tonight.” She said firmly, running towards the house.
 
Ran watched as Sora disappeared, before turning to the “culprit”.
 
“I'm sorry…” he said again.
“Why didn't you just listen to her?” he said.
“I… I don't know…”
“I don't mean Aya…” the other looked at him, surprised.
“You promised to come back didn't you? But do you really think you have to? We don't need you.” His words struck him. He stared at the redhead and his blank face.
“But…”
“She's unconscious. The Erinyes, and Farfello are there…” Sora said as she came back.
“Okay…” Ran said, then walked away.
“What did he do this time?” Sora turned to the other with a frown.
“He doesn't want me back…” he muttered.
“Like hell. The little cat's just grumpy. But I can't blame him, you did have a fault in this. You messed up with his most valuable possessions…” Sora sighed, as she led him to the car. ************************************************************************
“What? Yoji you need to find her…” Yuki said, half in panic.
“Okay. I'll try doing that.” With a wry smile, Yuki ended the call.
“Hey Yuki, coming with us?” Venn asked.
“I'll pass this one Venn, an emergency came up…” she said, bowing in apology.
“Okay then…” her friends muttered.
***************************************************************** *******
Yoji cursed under his breath as he went back into the drawing room. He looked around the busy men reading magazines, playing cards and talking.
 
“Is there anything wrong Takatori-san?” a man asked.
“Uhm. Nothing. It's just that Hanae still hasn't come. I've been trying to contact her but her phone's out of coverage.” He said in an impatient tone.
“Looks like you lady love's got other engagements.” One of the men commented, the others laughed. Yoji frowned.
“Excuse me men, looks like I have to find that little secretary of mine…” he sighed, shaking his head.
“Sometimes you just can't restrain your pets.” He added, before dashing out the door leaving the men laughing.
“Manx… I swear I'll put you on a leash after this…”
***************************************************************** *******
Sora opened the gate and was startled to see the garage door's open with Birman's car inside. She can't help but smile. But it left her face as she saw her in the living room, with the Angels, Omi, and Joshua huddled close together.
 
“What's happening?” she asked, sensing the tension in the room.
“Operation's gone wrong with Manx and Yoji.” Yuki said.
 
Sora wasn't able to react at the continuous turn of unfortunate events. She listened at what Yuki had said, not having time to be amused at the bug placed on the two. She had barely time to digest the story when they all looked at her.
 

“A-ano Yuki-chan…” she started.
“Your cousin… Aya-chan… has been kidnapped…” she could see the weight of her words as Yuki gasped and trembled.
***************************************************************** *******
Ran found everyone silent when he came. Sora quietly fileld him with what happened. He just nodded, not paying a bit attention to Yoji and Manx's problem thinking they're old enough to handle things on their own.
 
“This came to the shop.” He said handing a note to her.
“Shijo? That's not the place where they brought her. What could be their reason fort his?” Sora asked, reading it.”
“Maybe hey wanted us to believe she's there.” Jelmerie offered.
“It can't be a trap, or not…” Joshua muttered.
“We need to check those two places. Tonight. Just to be sure.” Ryoko said.
“Ran. We'll go to the abandoned house.” Sora said.
“Okay. Josh and I will go with you. Jel, Omi, Ryo, you go to Shijo Avenue.” Yuki ordered hen turned to Sora. “ Sora… I need to do this…” she said.
“What the hell is she talking about? Ordering us around?” Ryoko whispered to Jelmerie.
“You're the leader of the Rebelling Angels Yuki. Stick with them. We can handle this on our own.” Sora gave her a dry smile.
“Fine…”
***************************************************************** *******
Nagi silently watched as Hecate and Todesursache walked around. Guilt creeps into his conscience at having betrayed Aya-chan.
 
“I can't wait to see them…” Hecate muttered.
“What do you have against them now?!?!” Todesursache asked.
“They haven't done anything yet!” the girl added, smirking as she saw Hecate's glare.
“That was a good job you did Naoe, spying like that.” Todesursache turned to Nagi who just stared at her.
“Well, look who's here…” Hecate smirked.
***************************************************************** *******
“Come on guys.” Yuki said as they approached.
“Ne Yuki, I didn't know Aya-chan's your cousin…” Jelmerie started.
“Well, only a chosen few knew. It's not really necessary isn't it?” Yuki smiled.
“Hey Ryo-chan, why are you so silent?” Joshua asked.
“Shaddup!!!” Ryoko snapped.
“No biting…” Joahua shot back, making Ryoko almost jump at him.
***************************************************************** *******
Ran and Sora stalked the surroundings of the house. The lights were off and everything seemed to be so silent. Slowly, the two prepared to attack.
 
“Here goes…” Sora whispered.
***************************************************************** *******
“Where's Aya-chan?” Yuki glared as she attacked Hecate.
“Find her yourself angel…”
“Ryo!!!” Jelmerie called as a metal pole came zooming towards Ryoko.
“Shit it's him!!!” she whispered to herself as Nagi emerged from the shadows.
“Be careful with Prodigy! Omi, Josh, you guys attack him!” But just as the last word came out of Yuki's mouth, Ryoko dashed to attack the brunette.
“Ryoko no!!!” Jelmerie and Yuki screamed.
“I should've killed you back then…” Ryoko thought.
 
Both Jelmerie and Yuki received scratches from Todesursache and Hecate. As the two regained their balance, they looked around and saw Ryoko and Nagi on the second floor.
 
“Hard headed brat…” Yuki cursed under her breath.
“I'm your enemy Sachiel…” Hecate said, with a sudden thrust with her trident.
“Hey hey… What did I do to you? Now?” Yuki asked noting the anger in Hecate.
“Did you miss me Hec?” Yuki grinned, injuring her opponent.
“Die you stupid girl…”
***************************************************************** *******
“As I've thought. You're really smart sis…” Morgaine said, leaning against the doorframe.
“Where's Aya?” Sora glowered.
“Sleeping Beauty's in her chamber…” Schuldig said, appearing behind Ran.
***************************************************************** *******
Joshua and Omi ran towards Ryoko's direction to help the girl.
 
“Are you out of your mind? You dan't just attack Prodigy like that!” Jelmerie scolded as she helped Ryoko up.
“You're committing suicide, girl.” Joahua said as he and Omi tried to attack Nagi.
“Shaddup….” Ryoko said, jumping from Jelmerie's hold and fiercely attacking Nagi.
 
Nagi who was caught by surprise fell on the floor. Ryoko pointed her scythe at him.
 
“I'm not like Cammy…” she said to herself.
“W-wait…” Nagi thought, as he stared at her.
***************************************************************** *******
A fight ensued between Ran, Sora, Morgaine, and Schuldig. As the two tried their best to find a way to Aya-chan, they kept up with the fast paced fighting.
 
“Still good sis,” Morgaine smirked.
 
Sora backed away slowly until she felt someone behind her. Looking around, she saw Ran.
 
“Hi!” she said as Ran turned to look at her.
“Folter, now!!!” Morgaine shouted.
 
Before they knew it, the floor opened beneath them and the two fell down into a pit.
***************************************************************** *******
Ryoko shrieked as her back hit the wall. Jelmerie, Omi, and Joshua who charged towards them were thrown back also.
 
“Damn telekinetic…” Ryoko muttered as she staggered to get up.
 
~ Flashback ~
 
Ryoko stood in front of the door and looked through the glass. Camellia sat on a chair, talking to a nurse who was checking on Nagi. A little while later, the nurse turned to leave. Ryoko stepped aside to let her pass before going into the room herself.
 
“You placed him in a private room of a private hospital?” Ryoko asked with a frown.
“Yup.” Camellia smiled.
“Too much expenditure for an enemy” she muttered.
“Look at him Ryo-chan, isn't he cute?” Ryoko stared at the boy, unsure of what to say.
“I like this boy's future…” Camellia started
“Is that why you saved him?”
“Why do you seem to hate him Ryo-chan?” was Camellia's only answer.
“Guys like him don't deserve to live…” Ryoko thought.
“He's a brunette, just like your brother Kira.” Camellia pointed out, beaming.
“Like I can't see…” Ryoko thought irritated.
“Ryo-chan, can I ask something from you?” Ryoko groaned.
“ It'll be suspicious if we're both absent while the others are training… Can I ask you to watch him? I'll be coming back in a few hours.” Ryoko had no choice but to nod.
“Thanks a lot Ryo-chan!!!” camellia stood up and walked to the door, she was about to close it when she remembered something.
“Ryo-chan, I expect you to watch over him like he is your charge. want you to take a good care of him, for his future…”
 
Camellia smiled as she closed the door. Ryoko rolled her eyes. Then she stared at the sleeping boy on the bed, silently praying that Camellia will return before he wakes up. She continued to stare at him admitting to herself that what Camellia had said about the boy being cute is all true…
 
~ End of Flashback ~
 
“Y-you bastard…” Ryoko muttered as she staggered to get up.
“W need a strategy for this guy…” Joshua muttered as he stood up.
“Unfortunately, that's something not found in Ryo's dicationary…” Jelmerie breathed as Ryoko charged again.
“Ryo!!!” Omi called, rushing to her, only to be slammed against the wall.
 
***************************************************************** *******
Sora and Ran stared up at their adversaries from the ditch
 
“Sorry to cut our reunion short sis, but we have to go now.” Morgaine snickered before they disappeared into view.
***************************************************************** *******
Nagi was amazed at the persistence of the raven haired girl as she continued her attacks. Once again, she lashed the chains attached to her scythe directly at him only to let it fly back to her.
 
“Camellia… That girl…” Nagi thought as his mind slipped into reminiscing.
 
~ Flashback ~
 
“Good morning…” Nagi heard a pleasant voice say as he opened her eyes.
 
He looked around him. He was in a white room, a bedside table was laden with a tray of fruits and the girl was sitting on a chair beside his bed.
 
“I'm Camellia Montgomery. I saw you lying unconscious on the beach yesterday. The doctors said you're going to be fine you just have to spend a little time here though.” Nagi said nothing at the smiling girl.
“By the way, what's your name?”
“Nagi… Naoe Nagi…” Nagi answered, though why he said his real name, he do not know.
“Nice to meet you Nagi-kun.”
 
Nagi weakly nodded before closing his eyes. After an indeterminable time interval, voices woke him up from his sleep.
 
“Is that why you saved him?” he heard another girl's voice
“Why do you seem to hate him Ryo-chan?”
 
Nagi noticed Camellia's voice and he opened his eyes a little to avoid catching attention. And though half dazed, he saw them, Camellia, with her back to him and another girl. Their conversation was only a short one and he wasn't able to hear much because of the buzzing in his head. He closed his eyes immediately as Camellia stood up. He felt his surroundings once again and when he heard Camellia's voice again, he opened his eyes.
 
“…I want you to take a good care of him, for his future…”
 
He wondered what her words meant and at the same time stared at the girl who had taken Camellia's place. When the door closed, he shut his eyes again as the girl turned to face him.
 
~ End of Flashback ~
 
“Could it be… R-Ryo…” Nagi thought, taking an involuntary step behind as Ryoko ran to attack him again.
“Watch out!!!” Jelmerie shouted
 
Nagi tried to put the pieces of what's happening together amidst the blur of colors. The next thing he knew, Farfello was in front of him, his dagger plunged deep into a girl's abdomen.
 
“Dammit!!!” Ryoko muttered as she raised her scythe.
 
Nagi was about to yank Ryoko's weapon through his telekinesis when the girl fell to the floor. A needle on the back f her neck was the obvious reason.
***************************************************************** *******
 
Ran and Sora climbed out of the hole through the ladder on the wall. Suspicious as the setting may have been, the two dismissed it and used it as an escape. Once out, they dashed to find Aya-chan.
 
“What the hell…” Sora muttered
 
Ran who had just came into the room stared in horror at the thing in front of Sora.
 
“It's all a trick” he ehard her say, voice shaking.
 
Scrawled in lipstick on the mirror Sora was looking at was the message,
 
Dead End… Sleeping Beauty's not here…
 
Even before Ran could react, a loud crash was heard. Lines spread throughout the mirror from the point where Sora had hit it.
 
“Scoundrels…” was all she said as she put down her hand, blood dripping from her gloves.
“Sorry Ran…” she said as she looked at him.
***************************************************************** *******
 
“Another catch…” Farfello said as he lifted Ryoko
“R-ry-o…” Jelmerie stammered as she lay in a pool of blood.
 
Todesursache, the one who threw the needle at Ryoko smirked as she kept both Omi and Joshua from coming to the rescue.
 
“Shit…” Yuki cursed under her breath.
“You don't seem too happy now Sachiel” It was Hecate's time to smile.
“Shut up!” Yu ki snapped.
“Come on Hec, playtime's over.” Todesursache called.
 
Hecate threw one last hateful look at Yuki before moving out. As soon as Hecate turned to leave, Yuki immediately ran all the way up to the second floor and stood shocked at what she saw.
 
“We need to get medical help quick. She's losing loads of blood.” Joshua said, carrying Jelmerie.
“A-aya's…no-wh-ere…in this…pla-ce…” Omi panted as he joined them.
“Damn those brutes…” Yuki thought
***************************************************************** *******
Sora flinched as she washed her blood soaked hand with water and with her undamaged one, she splashed the cool liquid on her face, trying to wash away the bad luck from her system.
 
“Just a tad too much…” she said to herself, pressing a towel over her bleeding hand.
 
As she went out the bathroom, she was startled to see ran looking over an open first aid kit. He looked to her and she stared back.
 
“That needs to be treated.” He said in his usual voice.
 
Sora nodded and walked to him. She stared at the redhead as he worked on her injury.
 
“We wont' stop until we find her.” She said finally.
“Save that for later. You need to sleep.” Ran said as he finished the bandage.
“I know that. I just want to say that you need not hunt them yourself. We're going to do it, all of us.” Ran looked at her.
“You love her so much you can't bear losing her like that. We'll get her backto stop that throbbing anxiety inside you.” Sora smiled while the redhead gaped at her.
***************************************************************** *******
(A/N: Thanks a lot to darkstar51 who contributed this part! Yeah, it's her dream to bash Schwarz ^.^)
 
Ryoko felt the warm sunlight against her skin. Groaning, she opened her eyes and slowly sat up.
 
“Ohayou Ryo-chan…” looking at the owner of the voice, she saw Aya-chan wit a wry smile.
“A-aya-chan… Wait what happened… Are we…?”
“Good morning Sleeping Beauty, Angel.” Morgaine snickered as she threw open the door.
“I can't believe I got captured.” Ryoko grumbled.
“Oh well, I might as well enjoy my stay.” She thought.
“Well, how are you angel?” Schuldig asked as he entered.
`Stupid redhead!'
“What? Cat got you tongue?”
“No. I was just thinking carrot-top.” Ryoko smirked.
“What did you call me?” The German glared.
“Are you deaf pumpkin head?
“You little brat…” Schuldig hissed.
“I'm not a brat orange boy.”
“YOU!!!” Schuldig nearly strangled the girl.
“Mastermind!” Schuldig stopped the assault and turned to see Crawford.
“Well hey there Mr. Oracle. Didn't think you would visit me… You know with your work and all.” The girl smirked.
“What?” Crawford raised an eyebrow.
“I heard you're a workaholic. I pity you.”
“Keep quie---“ Crawford began.
“Do you REALLY have to work so hard just to support yourselves? She sighed,
“Ryo…” Aya-chan said, sweatdropping as Morgaine grinned.
Look you're already getting wrinkles and white hair!” Ryoko said in mock shock making Aya sweatdrop and Morgaine laugh even harder. Schuldig couldn't help but snicker.
“Well you seem to be enjoying yourself.” Oracle said keeping his anger under control.
“Definitely. Remind me to visit you during my day off.” Ryoko smiled then mocked innocence.
“Wait… Do you even KNOW what a day off is????” At that, Schuldig and Morgaine burst out laughing.
“How in the world did you become an angel? You should be one of us you know?” Morgaine said through fits of laughter.
“Sure. Oh wait. Esset might not be able to pay another assassin. I don't want to work as hard as grandpa here.” She smirked then looked thoughtful.
“I guess you're able to save up for Halloween. After all you already have pumpkin head here.”
“HEY!!!” Schuldig glared.
“You didn't even have to dress him up! He's scary enough as is!”
“Do you not know the meaning of shut up?”
 
Morgiane was laughing hard as Schuldig's eyes blazed. Just then, the redhead turned to Aya-chan and grabbed her wrist.
 
“What are you planning there Sleeping princess?” the angry Schuldig snapped.
“Hey, what did she ever do to you pumpkin head?!?!” Ryoko shouted.
“She's calling someone…” Shculdig said.
 
Morgaine stepped in front of Aya-chan and tugged a wire hanging from the girl's ear.
 
“A communicator… I wonder who's on the other line…” Schuldig smirked.. Ryoko was shocked at the progress of things.
“Wait, let me talk to whoever it is…” Morgaine snickered.
************************************************************ ************
Jelmerie and Yuki looked at Sora who smiled at them.
 
“You okay Jel?” Jelmerie smiled before nodding
“Last night wasn't really ours was it?” she said.
“Yeah. The mongrels found a way to trick us in everything but they're going to get what they deserve soon.” Yuki said.
“Yes. Joshua, Ran and Omi will be tracking them down while Jelmerie will stay here and you go to school.” Sora grinned.
“How about you?”
“I'll be watching Jel-chan and keep watch on the others while I do my own investigation.
“Okay. See ya later Jel-chan!!!” Yuki said as she patted Jelmerie.
***************************************************************** *******
Yuki tried not to think of her problems as she went home from school. Joshua and Omi were out to investigate while Jelmerie's with an injury. She sighed as she continued walking but suddenly stopped when something hit her feet. Looking down, she saw a soccer ball and her voices calling.
 
“Yuki-san! Yuki-san!!!” Yuki recognized them as two of the boys who K en teaches soccer.
“Hello!” she smiled.
“We haven't seen you for a while.” The older one said.
“Yeah. Why are you not coming to practice with us? Ken-san told us…” the younger one was cut off when an elbow dug in his ribs.
“Speaking of him, we haven't seen him for a long time… We wanted to tell him that we're moving to the finals.” The older continued, sending a glare to his friend.
“He went on a trip. But don't worry, I'll tell him as soon as he comes back.” Yuki smiled sadly.
“But…” the younger one protested
“Hey, you wanted ice cream didn't you? Come on…” the older nudged.
“Ice cream? Where? Come on, I'll treat you…” Yuki said brightly.
 
Yuki watched as the two boys ran away, waving. She remembered how Ken dragged her to a practice, one which she spent time dozing off. And how she slowly learned to sit throughout the games. She met the kids, and even tried playing with them one time.
 
“Those kids… They too lost him. What he hell have I done? It's worse than killing the whole Esset…”
“Angel Sachiel.” Yuki jumped as a hand fell on her shoulder.
“Yoji?!?!?!”
“None other. So, since we're already out, can I invite you to some snack?”
“Huh? Sure.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I'm okay now. No, it was just a scratch…” Jelmerie smiled as she talked to Vaughn on the phone.
“I was careful!!!” She exclaimed indignantly.
“Won't you be coming here for your poor injured sister?” she snickered.
“Like hell… Remember what you promised me about that thing…”
“Okay!!!” With that, she hung up, just in time to see Sora enter the room.
“Any progress?” she asked.
“None yet… They must've found the tracking device on Ryo and got rid of it, but don't worry, I'll call my asset.” Sora replied
“I wish I can help.”
“Don't worry, just rest enough so you can come with us when we rescue them.”
“But if the tracking device was destroyed, how can we trace them?”
“Haven't I told you of my asset Jel-chan?” Sor smiled knowingly.
“E? Who?”
“Secret…” the woman winked.
***************************************************************** *******
“Why are you so silent Angel?” Yoji asked.
“Ano Yoji-kun, did Sora tell you anything?”
“I haven't seen anyone save you since Hana and I came back…”
“Hana?” Yuki blinked but got over it immediately.
“Cheer up Angel. I'm not used to seeing girls look sad.”
“Yoji-kun, it's about Ryo-chan”
“Hmm? Did my bratty little sister do something to you Angel?”
“No…” Yuki retorted desperately.
“Schwarz and Erinyes have captured her.” Yoji gaped at her.
“What!?!?!”
“Yes, and we still can't find her. She was captured when we tried to rescue Aya-chan but Ryoko got kidnapped.”
***************************************************************** *******
 
It was late at night but Sora was still awake, pondering on the information that came to her.
 
~ Flashback ~
 
Soa stared at him, dumbfounded at his words.
 
“Tonight?” He nodded.
“Okinawa?”
“Morgaine said she's daring you to go there. That you know exactly where the place is…” He said. Sora gritted her teeth.
“She's so sly” she thought.
“Do you think it's true?” He asked but Sora did not reply.
“I mean, why would she tell you the location? Even if it's in Okinawa, she should know you'll get get there.” he added
“She has a very good reason for doing that…” Sora replied, eyes blazing.
“Reason?”
“She meant that as a personal challenge. She wanted me to go there.” He looked at her, puzzled.
 
~ End of Flashback ~
 
“Charlotte… You're trying to lure me back home aren't you? To see if I'm brave enough to face the troubles I once ran away from.” She thought for sometime then went to the intercom.
“Josh? Hey Josh can I ask you to go to Yuki and Jelmerie. Tell them that we're going to have a meeting. I'm going to the kitties and tell them. Round up everyone in Jel's room. Thanks.”
***************************************************************** *******
Yuki smiled as she saw Tabriz sleeping at the foot of her bed. Unable to sleep, she walked to the balcony for some night air. After a few minutes, she closed the door leading to the balcony and knelt beside her bed.
 
“Tabriz-chan…” she whispered, prodding the still sleeping cat.
“Kawaii…” he smiled as the cat purred then rolled on its side.
 
Just as she was about to go back to bed, a clicking sound attracted her attention, turning around, she nearly screamed at what she saw.
 
“Ken…” she said.
 
The door to the balcony had swung open and the brunette was inside her roon. Moments had passed and ken motioned to leave when Yuki, with a trembling voice, stopped him.
 
“Ken wait…” she called, mustering up all her courage and ran to him.
“Is that… Really you?” she asked, her voice still shaking. Ken nodded.
“I'm sosorry for what I did. I didn't know how the Erinyes found your location. Sorry…” she explained and was startled when he smiled.
“It's okay Yuki, it's not your fault, I'm here now…”
“Yuriko… I'm sorry she got involved in all of this.”
“Don't worry, everything's going to be fine now.” He answered smiling.
“Yuki!!!” Came Joshua's voice from outside her room. Yuki ran to the door and opened it for him.
“Is someone here? I heard voices…” He said, peering behind her.
 
Yuki looked back at her room and saw it just like before, but Ken's disappeared.
 
“There's going to be a meeting in Jel's room.” Joshua said. Yuki nodded. As she was about to follow Joshua, she noticed a small, blue flower on the floor.
“Ken… Thanks a lot.” She thought, picking it up. ************************************************************************
The Angels and Joshua waited for Weiss, Manx and Birman to arrive before they started.
 
“Sorry to disturb you this late but I have valuable information.” Sora started.
“Someone told me where Ryoko and Aya-chan will be taken…”
“Who?” Yoji asked.
“A very reliable source.” Sora answered, looking directly at Ran.
***************************************************************** *******
Ryoko glares at Nagi as the two walked, handcuffed to each other. Morgaine walked behind Aya-chan as they approached the private jet waiting for them.
 
“I'll be leaving the threesome there for a while. I'll be back in a flash.” Morgaine smiled.
“Safe trip!” Hecate snickered.
 
The four boarded the jet. Aya-chan sat beside the window, with Morgaine blocking the path to the aisle while Ryoko was stuck with Nagi, much to her disdain.
***************************************************************** *******
“Sora, isn't it that you grew up in Okinawa?” Birman asked.
“Yeah. That's he reason why Morgaine brought them there. Aya and Ryo could not escape the island...” Sora sighed.
“She's really pushing you far isn't she?” Manx said, shaking her head.
“By the way, I just noticed something Manx...” Sora smiled.
“Huh? What?”
“You're giving Yoji the cold treatment ever since you came back from the mission.” Birman smirked.
“I've always been giving him the cold treatment!” the redhead defended
“Did something happen while you're doing the mission?”
“Of course not!!!” Manx said, leaving the snickering Birman and Sora behind.
***************************************************************** *******
Manx walked towards Yoji who was starting his Super Seven
 
“Balinese...” She said. Yoji turned to her and flashed a smile.
“Hana” he said.
“I forgot to give you this,” she said, handing him a kerchief.
“Oh this. I won't be using it anymore Hana. You keep it, as a souvenir.” Yoji winked.
“Night, night my pretty secretary.” He called as the car sped away.
***************************************************************** *******
Ryoko grudgingly walked out of the cab, tugging the now irritated Nagi. When their eyes met, Ryoko sent him a deathglare which the telekinetic ignored.
 
“Step lively. We're here.: Morgaine announced.
 
But before anyone moved, Morgaine fished a small key from her pocket and unlocked Ryoko and Nagi from their bind. Ryoko would have breathed a sigh of relief only if Morgaine hadn't gripped her wrist tight.
 
“Hold her for a while Nagi. We can't afford to let the little angel fly.” Sme smirked, forcing their hands together then proceeded to knock on the gate.
“Hell...” Ryoko snapped, thrashing but Nagi squeezed her hand and she stopped, and turned to him. Then a suddden flash of memory passed her eyes, and she turned away quickly.
“Good ev...” the old servant greeted but stopped when he saw the smiling face of Morgaine.
“Miss Charlotte... Is that... really... you?” Morgaine nodded.
“ It's been years takagi-san. I'm glad you still remember me.”
“By the way, I've brought some friends,” Ryoko cringed at her words.
“is mother here?”
***************************************************************** *******
Ran watched Sora as she stumbled throughout the morning, absentmindedly going through all the work in the shop. Just before the girls came, Rane scorted her to the basement.
 
“What' wrong with you?” He asked.
“Nothing... I'm just not myself today.” She smield.
“You need some time off. Go back to your house.” He said.
“Yeah. I suppose so.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Charlotte my dear, sorry if I missed your arrival last night but I was held by an important meeting that I slept early and ordered no one to disturb me.” her mother explained.
“It's okay mother.” Morgaine smiled.
“Whatever happened to you little girl? Why didn't you tell me your whereabouts? I was worried about you...”
“Work mother, I was busy with my work with this international company.” she smiled.
“International company, more like international assassin group.” Ryoko thought.
“By the way, let me introduce you to my frineds, Aya, Rochel, and Nagi.” Morgain'es mother turned to look at them.
“They need a place to hide mother. Aya asked me to help her sister and boyfriend run away from their parents who tried to separate them.” Morgaine narrated. Ryoko would have jumped at her if only Nagi wasn't controlling her movements.
“You're really fond of playing savior aren't you?” her mother remarked, rolling her eyes.
“Mother I... I met Sora... She's...” Morgaine stammered, as if uncertain of the words to say.
“Don't ever talk about that girl ever. She's not my daughter...”
“But... Mother, she's my twin...”
“Enough. Sora had dided a long time ago, that's final...” she said, standing up and walking out.
 
Morgaine stood up also and followed her, but before she went out, she snickered at Ryoko and Aya-chan.
***************************************************************** *******
 
“Yuki, have a seat.” Sora said without looking up from the papers inf ront of her.
“I told her to wait in her room.” witht his, Sora looked up and saw Ran.
“Ran? What brings you here?” Ran didn't answer.
“About the mission I suppose?”
“Yoiu, Balinese, and Sachiel will be going first to Okinawa by plane tomorrow night. The rest will be following shortly. I've written the address of the house where they took them. Here, take these. Could you please give the other one to Yuki and explain it to her also? She need not come here after that.” she smiled sheepishly.
“Why don't you come with us?” he asked, not taking the papers.
“You three are the closest persons to Ryo and Aya. I know you'd want to be the first to know about how they are doing.” She smiled, placing the papers on top of her table.
“But you, Morgaine wouldn't let you know their whereabouts if she didn't have a reason.”
“It's not that important.” Sora replied. Ran took one of the papers and stood up.
“Don't go acting like you're in charge. Yuki will be staying and you'll be going in her place.” He said, turning his back to her
“Look who's acting like he's in charge. That cat…” she chuckled.
 
Ran seemed to hear her and looked back, with a raised eyebrow.
 
“Eh? Don't worry so much. This time we'll get them back.” Sora smiled. Ran stared at her and nodded.
***************************************************************** *******
Aya-chan got bored in their room and at watching Ryoko sleep that she dared to go out. But just as she finished closing the door, the nearby one opened and out came Nagi.
 
“I'm not planning to escape. I just want some fresh air.” Aya-chan explained, hoping she'll receive the answer she wanted but Nagi just looked at her.
“You can follow me if you want.” She sighed then made a cautious step forward. When he didn't stop her, she continued walking until she came to the little pond at the back of the house. Nagi watched her as she stooped down to cum some water.
 
“Oh I forgot, it's Ryoko's birthday today!” she said, getting up and running back to the house.
 
Nagi who would've stopped her just watched the girl as she ran then followed her.
***************************************************************** *******
 
Manx waited for her call to be answered. She's still creeped out at what she's doing but calmed her nerves just in time as he picked up the phone.
 
“Hello?”
“I called to tell you that you're in. That is if you still want the job.” There was a long silence before he gave an answer. Manx nodded, said a few more words then hung up.
“Tough decision to make.” She thought then jumped when Yoji placed an arm around her waist.
“What brings you here Hana?” he smiled. Manx just looked at him, shrugged then walked away.
***************************************************************** *******
He stared at his phone, the conversation with Manx still ringing in his ears but still he can't find the right answer.
 
“But how will I explain to her?”
***************************************************************** *******
Ryoko, who had spent the whole day sulking in her room finally went out that evening. Morgaine had already left that afternoon, leaving them with one last smirk that didn't help improve Ryoko's mood. Now, she's stuck in an island without weapon or money together with a burnette he hated so much.
 
“What a great birthday!!!” she muttered sarcastically
 
Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Nagi coming out. With a growl, she faced him, happy to vent her anger on someone.
 
“Oi you! Why didn't you leave with Morgaine? Maybe you did something bad…” she sneered.
 
Nagi didn't answer her. He was instructed to watch over the two but to keep a closer watch over Ryoko as much as possible. He knows how aggressive the girl could be and he understood that if he wants Aya-chan to stay, he would have to guard Ryoko at all cost.
 
“Hey Prodigy, have you lost your tongue? I'm asking why you're still here!” Ryoko demanded.
 
Nagi glared at her and she immediately his the wooden posts of the house.
 
“What the hell did I do to you?!?!?!” she glared, standing up.
 
He watched as she glared at him, but his eyes fell on the thing around the girl's neck.
 
“Where did you get that?” he asked. Ryoko immediately tucked the necklace back inside her shirt.
 
“None of your business.” She snapped.
 
But it seemed Nagi was not discouraged easily. Ryoko felt the hard wood behind her again. Her muscles strained as she tried to to move them. Helplessly she watched as the telekinetic approached.
 
“I swear I'm going to kill you once I can move.” She threatened.
 
“Her eyes widened as she felt the necklace in her shirt being pulled out. Nagi was obviously using his telekinesis on her but still, the blood rushed to her face.
 
“What are you doing? That's mine!” she shouted.
 
He didn't seem to hear her. Instead, he took the floating pendant in his hands and examined it. To Ryoko's surprise, Nagi pulled out an identical one.
 
“Where… Where did you get that?” still, no answer came from the brunette but instead, he put the two pieces together, which surprisingly fits.
 
“That's mine! Give it back to me!!!” Ryoko shouted.
 
Her voice rose high that it attracted attention from inside the house. The sliding doors slowly opened. Startled, Nagi acted on impulse and covered her lips wwith a kiss. Ryoko's eyes widened once again.
 
“Ryo-chan what's…” Aya-chan began then gaped at seeing them.
 
Nagi pulled away immediately from Ryoko and muttered a quick apology. Then, holding Ryoko's arm, he ushered her back to her room.
 
“Lovers…” Sayaka muttered then turned to Aya-chan.
“How long have they been together?”she asked.
“Uhm… three months. Rochel met him in an inter-school cheering competition.” Aya-chan said after a short pause
“But you called her Ryo, is that her nickname?” Aya-chan gulped then nodded.
“Uhm, Mikagami-san, we've been friends with Charlotte-san for a while but I didn't know she has a twin. I remember meeting Sora-san, she's nice and sweet but neither one of them told us they are twins.” Sayaka eyed the innocent-looking girl then heaved a sigh.
“Yes, that used to be my Sora.” She said.
***************************************************************** *******
 
Ran glanced around the airplane to check on Yoji. Hee found the blonde having an animated conversation with the woman beside him. He sighed and shook his head.
 
“Typical Yo-tan… Want some gum?” Sora smiled.
“Why did Morgaine tell you their location?” Ran asked.
“Oh, she wants to test my bravery. You know, just like when children coax each other to enter a scary house and find their way out without letting out a single scream. In our case, she wants me to go back to our ancestral house and face the fury of our mother.” She said with a lopsided grin.
***************************************************************** *******
“She's a loveable child. Both she and Charlotte are good friends. We never had a problem with either of them. Even when their father died, nothing changed.” Sayaka started the narration.
“I'm very proud of my two girls. For a time it seemed that I have the perfect daughter.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Then I found out that my family have betrothed to the son of a family friend. I didn't bother to ask who but I prayed secretly that it's not true but one day, my mother approached me and told me the truth.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I should've stopped then. But she went out of control.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I hated them for doing it to me. And as a punishment, I vowed to make everyone hate me. And so I screwed up my life, did everything that goes against anyone's rulebook. Well, I didn't went as far as killing then, but all the other offenses are bad enough.” She laughed dryly, looking out the window.
 
Ran stared at her, disbelieving that to be Sora's life. While she continued staring at the clouds outside, the lopsided smile still on her lips.
 
“Not a single one in my family was able to stop me. I hated all of them... Well, maybe not Charlotte. She was with me all throughout, understanding me and giving me a few advice. But it wasn't enough to put a stop to me. So they just ignored me and my behavior”
***************************************************************** *******
“One day, Sora didn't come home. Since it had been normal for her to do those kind of things, we went about our usual business thinking that she decided to stay somewhere. But Charlotte, she was orried about her sister. I ignored her feelings and told her that her sister's probably getting herself in trouble somewhere.”
***************************************************************** *******
“That night, I went with a friend of mine to a club. As expected we danced the night out and got ourselves some guys. We went into my friend's pad drunk and you do know what to expect right?” Sora let out a dry laugh.
“I woke up at four am feeling something's wrong with my surroundings. I guess that's the frist time my assassin instincts flared up, but I'm glad it did at that time. I went out to the living room and found my friend dead. “
***************************************************************** *******
“The next day news reached us that Sora was in a hospital, critical from beatings she received from unidentified men. We also learned that her friend was killed and the motive was robbery. Sora woke up that morning and found the men emptying the house of its valuables. They beat her up and raped her...” Aya-chan gasped, her hands starting to shake.
“The suspects were never found. Sora's description of them didn't help either. Since then, she turned for the worst. Twice she tried to commit suicide, she woul have succeeded if not for Charlotte who kept watch on her.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Despite everything that happened, my family still treated me well. I felt guilty and ashamaed fro the kind of person I turned out to be. I tried kiling myself but I failed. Charlotte, who always saved me kept on holding me together. When I could not bear the guilt anymore, I ran away from home and went to Kyoto. I worked there and tried hard, until Kritiker found me. I flew to England to be part of the Rebelling Angels, that's where I was reunited with Charlotte again.” then she told him what happened during their mission.
 
Ran's breath was heavy as Sora finished. The pilot announced that they are soo nto land but his ehad was still spinning .
 
“But I'm all over it now.” Sora looked at him for the frist time, flashing a smile. Ran was surprised to see the smile on her face genuine.
“Ne, do you know who was that guy they arranged for me to marry?” He was too stupefied to shake his head but Sora continued.
“It was Shinji. So you could imagine my surprise when he told me that. And still, he accepted me as I am no matter what my poast was. It's weird really, I ran away from a guy who I eventually fell in love with.” she laughed.
***************************************************************** *******
“Ne Jel, you all set there?” Yuk iasked, poking her ehad inside Jelmerie's room.
“Hey, what's wrong, why aren't your bags packed?” she asked, finally coming in.
“Ano Yuki, I don't feel like I can do well in the mission. I think I'm staying here.” she said.
“You sure? But you can come with us. Besides, don't you want to rescue Ryo and scold her to no end?” Yuki said, trying to make the girl smile.
“You can do that Yuki. I reall ythink I'll saty here.”
 
Yuki nodded and then walked out of her room. She sighed, leaning on the door. Then, she saw Joshua coming out from the living room. She smiled at him as he approached.
 
“She's not coming is she?” Yuki nodded.
“I guessed that. Here, this might help explain everything.” he said, handing her a folder.
***************************************************************** *******
Ryoko's eyes were red from crying as Aya-chan came in. The girl smiled at her and went to her side.
 
“Still thinking about what happened? It's alright Ryo, just forget it. Don't worry, I won't be telling it.” Aya-chan said softly.
“But... That bastad...” Ryoko muttered
“It's okay Ryo. By the way, what happened?” Ryoko retold the story and Aya-chan listened intently.
“Maybe he was shocked that we might see you two arguing and it could make Mikagami-san suspicious.” she explained.
“But why did he do that!?!?! He could've just make it appear that we're having a quarrel. Isn't he supposed to be my boyfriend!?!?!” Ryoko blurted out.
“Uhm... No, forget what I said... Excuse me...” she said, running from the room. Aya-chan giggled.
 
In an attempt to follow her, Aya-chan stood up also. But as she closed the door, she saw Nagi approach.
 
“Ano...” she said. Nagi stopepd and loked at her.
“It's about Ryoko... She was upset with what you did.. Uhm... I really think you should apologize to her since what you did was really er, rude.” she said, not looking at him.,
 
Nagi just stood there and without a word, went into his room. Aya-chan sighed and sought Ryoko.
***************************************************************** *******
“Omi here… Yeah…” Josh and Yuki looked at him.
“Go signal given. We can leave now.” He said.
“Good.” Joshua muttered.
“Is Jel really staying?” Omi asked.
“Uh huh. She's minding her injury. Honestly, I agree with her decision. She might not do well with that wound of hers.” Yuki said matter-of-factly.
***************************************************************** *******
“Well, here we are. This place isn't much but it hasa good view of the house.” Sora said brightly as they entered the old Japanese-style house.
“This used to be my hideout when I wanted to `disappear from the house'.” She smiled.
“We can get a good view of the house by using binoculars. Uhm…
Yo-tan, could you please move that board beneath you and see if my old binoculars are still there?”
 
Yoji complied and from beneath the loose floorboard, pulled out a two pairs of binoculars.
 
“I keep a spare one here Justin case.” She smirked, tossing one to Ran.
“I'll be going to town for some food.”
 
But before she went out, Ran intercepted her by the door.
***************************************************************** *******
Ryoko glared as she saw Nagi blocking her path back to the house. Given that nothing happened between them, Ryoko would've continued insulting him but after what happened, she could only glare at him.
 
“What do you want?” she muttered.
“Sorry.” Was all he said.
“Huh?”
“For last night. Sorry.” He repeated.
“You…are… sorry?” RYoko breathed.
 
Nagi did not say anything, instead, he turned around and walked in the house.
***************************************************************** *******
“This is a nice place…” Yoji remarked as they walked down the paved streets.
“Yeah. I've forgotten how nice it was walking down here.” Sora answered.
“But it seems a bit cold isn't it?” Yoji said as he raised his arms to pull Sora beside him.
“Keep walking. We musn't be seen here.” Ran muttered, going between them.
***************************************************************** *******
Sayaka was about to retire for the night when the manservant called her attention. Opening the sliding door, she saw the surprised look on his face.
 
“What is it?” she asked, a little bit alarmed.
“Sora-san… Someone saw Sora-san in the village. She's here…” Syaka's eyes widened.
***************************************************************** *******
“I want to speak to Mr. Takaaki. Please tell him it's Madison.” Yuki said.
“Talking to the chief eh?” Joshua asked.
“Yup. I need to request something.” She said, covering the end of her phone with one hand.
“Oh, Sir sorry to disturb you, but I'd like to ask something…” she said on the phone.
***************************************************************** *******
Jelmerie sighed as she stared at the ceiling above her. Manx and Birman came to over to accompany her while everyone's away . She grabbed her phone and dialed Vaughn's number, only to get the usual result.
 
“Hey Jel, can I come in?” Birman's voice came.
“Yeah.” The girl answered in monotone.
“This came for you.” She said, placing a letter on the mattress.
“Thanks a lot.”
 
With a trembling hard, she opened the envelope and read the letter.
***************************************************************** *******
Sora stared at the wooden floor beneath her, remembering what happened that afternoon…
 
~ Flashback ~
 
“So you really are back.” Sayaka muttered as she sat face to face with Sora.
“Mother…” she started but stopped, unsure of wha tto say.
“Why?”
“I---I'm sorry for what I've done mother…” she bent her head down and concentrated on her hands.
“I've caused a lot of trouble for everyone, especially for you and I reget every decision I made. Please mother, can you forgive me?” Sora trembled, fighting back her tears.
“Sora…”
 
She dared to look at her mother but her vision blurred when a hand heavily hit her face. She was thrown sideways a little and her hand automatically touched her hurting cheek. This time, the tears flowed without cease. But then, she felt her mother's arm around her.
 
“Of course I do… You're my daughter…” Sayaka sobbed.
“T-thank you…” she said.
 
Then she and her mother talked about the years when they were separated. Sora willingly answered Sayaka's question as much and as honest as she could. But then, the communicator in her ear became active, then she heard Ran's voice.
 
“We're finished…” Sora sighed. It means that her part is done.
 
~ End of Flashback ~
 
“Hey you gotta se this!” Yoji called.
 
Ran and Sora rushed to him and saw what he meant. Morgaine, with the rest of the Erinyes and Schwarz were leading Aya, Ryoko and nagi away.
 
“what the,,, It's too soon!” Sora exclaimed.
“You think they found us?” Yoji asked
“Impossible.” Ran breathed.
“Come on, let's follow them.” Sora said, running to their things.
***************************************************************** ******* “Ugh…” Yuki muttered as they went out of the airport.
“Huh?” Omi looked at her.
“I don't want to do a mission after getting out of a plane.” Yuki complained.
“Hey, do we need to see the others already?” Joshua asked, the other two shrugged.
“You're hungry Mitchii.” Yuki grinned sheepishly as she heard omi's stomach grumbling. The boy blushed.
“We can eat first I f you want.” Joshua said.
“You sure it's okay?” Omi asked.
“Sure. We can't be needed now can we?” Yuki shrugged. The three began to look for a restaurant.
“Ne, what if a bad twist of fate happened and we're suddenly needed in a mission right now?” Yuki wondered, grinning.
***************************************************************** *******
Aya-chan and Ryoko were led to the beach where they waited for a yacht to take them away. Sora, Yoji, and ran hid themselves behind a column of rock to avoid being seen but as soon as some small rocks flew to them, they knew that they're discovered.
 
“We might as well come out.” Yoji shrugged.
“Agree” Sora said. ************************************************************************
“So this is the house…” Yuki spoke up first.
“Hello?” Omi called as they went inside.
“Looks like no one's home.” Joshua observed.
 
The three left the door open as they explored the place. True to Joshua's words, not a sign of the others could be seen.
 
“Hey guys…” Omi said, picking up a note on the wall.
 
 
The enemies are taking Ryoko and Aya-chan away. We're going to follow them and try to get the two back. We've activated the tracking system for you to follow us. Wish us luck!
Sora
 
“A mission? Oh hell, and we just ate.” Yuki shined.
“Hey, they're here.” Joshua said, pointing at the laptop's screen.
“Come on, Sora and the others need us.” Omi said, opening his bag.
“Sora? What happened to my daughter?” The three turned around to see Sayaka behind them. ************************************************************************
No matter how you look at it, the Erinyes and Schwarz obviously holds the fight in their hands. Yet the three continued to attack.
 
“This is getting pointless.” Sora admitted.
“Are you sure Omi and the others will be coming tonight?” Yoji shouted.
“Yeah.” Ran and Sora answered.
“Hey!!!”
 
Sora grinned as Omi, Yuki and Joshua came running to them.
 
“Party time!” Joshua grinned, taking out his sais.
 
Just then, Ryoko found the right time to beat Folter to the ground, at the same time as Aya-chan did the same to Todesursache.
 
“Your training's doing you good Aya-chan.” Ryoko grinned.
“Thanks.” The gril replied.
 
***************************************************************** *******
“You stupid telekinetic…” Ryoko muttered as she faced Nagi.
 
Gripping the gun given to her by Joshua, she aimed it at the brunette then fired.
 
“Let's see you dodge that.” But the bullet stopped in mid air and dropped to the ground. Then Ryoko came flying to the shore, the waves hitting her hard.
“You bastard…” she muttered.
 
Nagi watched as she stood up, then a thought crossed his mind.
 
~ Flashback ~
 
“Do you have any place to stay?” Camellia asked. Nagi didn't answer.
“Sorry if I'm meddling too much. But I'm glad you're okay now.” The girl smiled.
“Uhm, here, take this.” Camellia handed him a necklace with a half of the yin yang as a pendant.
“It's from the girl who saved you. Too bad she won't be coming here today.” Camelia smiled.
“Who is she?” Nagi asked suddenly.
“Tsukishiro. Her name is Tsukishiro Ryoko.” Camellia smiled.
 
~ End of Flashback ~
 
Nagi felt a searing pain as a bullet passed him. He looked oved at his shouler and saw blood trickling down. Ryoko had shot him when he was deep in thought.
 
“Power ran out Prodigy?” She smirked.
“Get the other girl!” Brad yelled at Nagi, referring to Aya-chan who was fighting Folter.
 
He was about to use his telekinesis to get Aya but then Omi was beside the girl, holding her hand tight. Then, a second warning shot was fired by Ryoko.
 
“face me Prodigy, I'm the one who's going to kill you.” She smirked
***************************************************************** *******
Joshua and Yuki glanced at Sora and Morgaine as they fought.
 
“You have the nerve to get mother intro this.” Sor asaid.
“What? Are you scared Sora?” her twin smirked.
“No. Mother and I explained everything to her and asked her to forgive me. And she did.” Morgaine's eyes blazed then pulled the trigger of her gun and directed it at Sora.
***************************************************************** *******
“What happened?” Sora asked as she woke up. She felt pain as she tried to sit up. A hand stopped her and pushed her back.
“You need to rest Sora.” I twas her mother's voice.
“M-mother…” she muttered.
“I…I saw everything…” Sayaka whispered, Sora stared at her.
“I'm sorry for disappointing you again mother.” Sora said, averting her eyes from her mother's gaze.
“It's okay Sora. I understand everything. He explained it to me…” Sora was about to ask who was it but then, at the far corner of the room, she saw Ran sitting against the wall, asleep. Aya-chan was beside him, sleeping also. She smiled.
***************************************************************** *******
“I'm glad that everything's fine!” Yuki stretched in her futon.
“Yeah. You were a major problem!” She continued, sending a mock glare at Ryoko.
“Shut the hell up!” came the reply.
“Mitchii, thanks for keeping an eye on Aya-chan. We owe a lot to you today.” Yuki smiled. Omi muttered a quick thanks then blushed.
“Yuki, you should congratulate RYO! She wounded Prodigy!” Joshua said, hitting Ryo.
“Yeah… But come to think of it, I just noticed something, why are you so mad at Nagi? It seemed like you hate him more than you hate Calvin.” Yuki asked, with narrowed, and mischievous looking eyes
“Because he's demented and stupid and psychotic and I hate his powers!” Ryoko shouted with conviction.
“I smell something…” Yuki smirked. Ryoko threw her a pillow.
“What the hell? What did I do? I just said that I'm smelling something! It's not like I meant that I think you like Nagi!” Yuki shouted then laughed evilly. Ryoko jumped to her feet to strangle her.
“Yotan!!!!!” Yuki whined running behind Yoji, as the brunette opened the sliding door
“She's trying to kill me! Just because I pointed out that flaring up in the middle of the mission is bad!” Yoji glared at Ryoko.
“You liar!” Ryoko hissed.
“Tsukishiro Ryoko, go to bed. NOW!” Yoji ordered.
“But…” Ryoko muttered.
“Now I said!” AGgain, the blonde commanded. Ryoko grudgingly went to her futon and raised the blanket over her head while the others laughed.
***************************************************************** *******
The sound of the alarm clock broke through Ryoko's sleeping mind that morning. It had been three days after they left Okinawa and the birthday party held for her last night lasted until the break of dawn and with the promise of Sora not to let her attend classes this morning, everything seemed perfect, except for the noisy clock. Ryoko carelessly felt for the ringing alarm clock on the bedside table and tried her best to make it stop when it fell to the floor, still letting off a continuous noise that irritates her ears.
 
“Dammit.” Ryoko muttered, opening her eyes.
“Kyyyaaaaaa!!!!!!!” she shrieked in terror as she saw a pure white face and beady eyes starting straight at her.
 
Jumping away from the creature that startled her, Ryoko grabbed the switch of the lamp standing beside her bed and switched it open. Once the light filled the room, Ryoko nearly killed herself upon seeing the culprit of her shock.
 
“A stuffed bunny???” she blinked, staring at the white stuffed bunny sitting on a chair beside her bed. Just then, the door of her room burst open and in came Jelmerie, and Aya-chan with wide smiled.
“OHAYOU!!!!!” The two greeted.
“Hey, what happened? You look like you've seen a ghost? Anything wrong?” Jelmerie asked.
“Who in hell put that thing there!?!?!?!?!” Ryoko shrieked at the two.
 
Aya and Jelmerie looked quizzically at the bunny, Jelmerie picked up a card and read it aloud.
“'To the most demented and psychotic Angel Rochel.'” Jelmerie smirked
“The hell…. It must be Kudou…” Ryoko glared, snatching the bunny from Jelmerie.
“Nope. It's not his handwriting.” Aya-chan said.
“What's that racket at this hour????” Joshua boomed, crashing into the room.
“YOU JERK!!!!” Ryoko yelled, holding the stuffed bunny by the ear and whacked Joshua with it.
“Hey, what did I do to you?” He yelped, as the attack of the bunny continued.
“Don't deny it! You went into my room and placed this didn't you jerk?” Ryoko said, still hitting Joshua.
“Ei, what's happening?” Yuki breathed, as she passed by and saw the scenario.
“Murder scene.” Aya-chan said casually.
“Oh. I see. I'll be going with Manx. You guys take care okay? Good luck Josh!” Yuki said, waving at them. She was a few steps away when she turned around and poked her head into the room again.
“Honestly Ryo, anything could be a weapon for you. Hmmm, why don't you start taking that bunny to mission? I mean, hmmm, it could be a new trend in killing. Let's see…” Yuki pretended to think seriously.
“Oooohhhhh… Death by an atomic stuffed bunny!!!!” Yuki laughed shrilly.
“Saa. I'll be changing your weapon now, bunny-girl.” Yuki grinned, walking away again.
“What the f… Oi you come back here! You worthless so-called leader!!!!!! Come the hell back!!!” Ryoko shouted, running after Yuki, waving the stuffed bunny high above her head. The others laughed.
Ryoko preferred to walk to school that morning, trudging her big duffel bag that contains her costume. Fresh from being abducted by the enemies and from a practice the other night, she could feel her body still aching.
 
“Oi Tsukishiro, quickly!!!” One of her fellow cheerleaders called.
 
With a groan, she nodded, then proceeded to climb the stairs up to the fifth floor.
***************************************************************** *******
“I can't wait!” Aya-chan squealed.
“Yup. Ne, Omi, they're next right?” Birman asked. Omi nodded.
“Good…” Yoji said, then winked at the girl who had been watching him.
“Josh…” Aya-chan said, handing a handycam at him.
“Omi…” she added, holding out a digital camera for the boy.
“What are those?” Birman asked.
“Yuki's orders.” Aya-chan grinned.
***************************************************************** *******
Ryoko's concentration broke when her cell phone vibrated in her hands. Their group waited patiently for the performing team to finish. Upon reading the message, the butterflies in her stomach started fluttering madly.
 
“It's the big day!!! Just don't get too clumsy and cause a major mayhem okay? Too bad I can't join since Manx's dragging me somewhere, but everyone else will be watching you today so you better do good! Good luck Ryo!!!” she read Yuki's message.
“Okay team, we're next.” Their instructor called.
***************************************************************** *******
“She's good.” Birman remarked as they watched Ryoko doing a double full twist.
“That's my younger sister.” Yoji said with a smirk.
“Let her hear that and she'll glomp you.” Jelmerie chimed in as Ryoko was lifted to do an arabesque stunt.
“Oh my!” Aya-chan gasped. Everyone followed her line of sight and saw what she meant.
 
Calvin, who had been holding Ryoko's foot was accidentally bumped by one of her teammate's spotters. As expected, Calvin's composure and balance was disturbed, together with Ryoko who was in mid air.
 
“What the hell.” Yoji muttered as the scene changed.
“She's going to fall.” Aya-chan said, clinging on to Ran's arm.
 
As if by miracle, Ryoko did not fall, even though Calvin was momentarily distratced, Ryoko remained balanced, though there's a terrified and puzzled look on her face. She was let down, and the routine went on. But Ryoko's mind slipped out of everything.
 
“He's here…” he muttered.
***************************************************************** *******
Aya-chan slipped away from the others and ran to the gate, there, walking away from the school was the person she was looking for.
 
“Naoe-kun…” she called. Nagi turned around and his face betrayed no emotions as he looked at her.
“Thank you for saving Ryo.” Aya-chan bowed, then smiled at him. Nagi didn't say a word but continued walking.
“PRODIGY!!!” Once again, Nagi stopped, this time, he saw Ryoko with Aya-chan.
“I don't know what the hell popped into your mind but you don't need to deny that you intervened in our routine! I don't give a damn on what you did and if you think that I'll be going easy on you after saving me, think again Prodigy, you'll learn soon enough that you're wrong!” Ryoko shouted. Nagi ignored her and resumed his walk.
“That brat!” Ryoko breathed, as she attempted to march to him.
“Let's leave him Ryo.” Aya-chan smiled, holding her back.
***************************************************************** *******
A/N: Gomen ne it took so long (I'm actually doing this in a hurry coz I'm due to attend a mass at school fifteen minutes from now… OMG)… Life's been rough, nights at the hospital then comes the start of the term (Gah!)… Not to mention I've been too busy watching some clips of Weiss concerts and uhm, drooling over Shinichiro Miki's voice. Eherm… And I got sick after watching the last episode of Wiess Kreuz Gluhen (not kidding here.) Anyway, I'm glad I've finished this, and I'm surprised if it's uber long, again sorry for that. I didn't mean for it to be this loooooonnnnnnnnggggggg, really… ~.~ Oh, about Ryoko's personality, I realized that somehow I've gotten it from Asuka Langley Sohryu of NGE. I dunno, but when I watched End of Evangelion, I somehow connected Ryo's personality to that of Asuka's (Hmmm…. So that's why she's Yoji's angel here…). Ending's near, just a few chapters more, since I'll be busy in wirting a damn research paper… Thanks again!!!!!