Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Better Days ❯ Think of Ken ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


So we're all in the shop today.

Saturday's are like that. So much business that we all have to work simultaneous shifts.

I've just finished my fifth arrangement for the day. It's barely eleven a.m.

I look up to see if there is any new task for me to start on, but the only thing in front of me is Omi.

A bewildered, gaping Omi.

"Something wrong, Omittichi?"

"Er, no…I was just going to ask you the same question," Omi stumbles out, obviously surprised that I was the first to speak.

"Nope. What would be wrong?" I ask innocently. I only feel like all my insides have been smashed into a thousand pieces and I'm slowly bleeding to death. "I'm fine."

"It's just that…you're being so productive."

"Saturdays are busy," I state curtly, "we can't afford to slack off."

"Yeah but…."

I grab a broom and throw my entire existence into sweeping the floor. I want him to realize that the conversation is over.

I don't want to talk to Omi.

Talking to Omi requires looking at Omi.
Looking at Omi reminds me of magazines.
Magazines make me think of porn.
Which makes me think of 'gay.'
Which makes me think of Ken.
Which makes me think of how Ken isn't.
Gay, I mean.
I don't want to think.

I need to keep busy. The busier I am, the less time I have to think. The less I think, the longer I can hang onto my sanity. Busy busy busy.

The problem with sweeping the floor is that it's not very intellectually stimulating.

It's easy to stop concentrating on what you're doing and let your mind wander.

I see a piece of crumpled up paper on the floor.

Better sweep it up.

Funny, that crumpled paper reminds me of Ken.
Yeah, I know, the associations are becoming downright nonexistent, but I can't help it. Everything makes me think of Ken. That flowerpot makes me think of Ken. The inventory book makes me think of Ken. Aya's pencil makes me think of eraser, makes me think of rubber, makes me think of ball, makes me think of soccer, makes me think of Ken.
Think of Ken,
Think of Ken,
Think of Ken.
You get the drill.

Damnit, I need to STOP thinking about KEN!

Oops. I just snapped the broom in half.

My bad.

"Something's bothering Yohji," I hear Omi whisper to Ken.

Yeah, that's right guys. Just pretend like I'm not here.

"I know," Ken answers. He's not even bothering to whisper, "but he won't even talk to me anymore."

Um, yeah. I CAN HEAR YOU.

"Do you think he's having girl problems, or something?"

The broom is now in four pieces.

"Beats me," Ken shrugs.

"Stop slacking." Aya's voice now. "You two could actually learn something from Yohji today."

Yes! Aya to the rescue! I love you Aya!

No wait. I love Ken.

Arrrrrrrgggghhh!

Farfarello has just lost his place as Tokyo's least sane resident.

"We ought to do something to cheer him up," says Omi.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," agrees Ken.

Oh dear god. I'm doomed.