Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Driblets and Other Such Tales ❯ Winter Angels ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Winter Angels
Written By: Skyyler Kaori
 
-oOsSsOo-
 
The weather was cold, snow blanketing the world in a layer of dazzling white. Thick snowflakes tumbled down from the gray clouds that hung lazily over the city, catching on eyelashes and wisps of hair that weren't hidden beneath woolen hats. A pair of soft violet eyes peered out from a frost clouded window, their gaze raking over the people who scurried from shop to shop along the busy street. Slender fingers languidly stoked the feathery orange and white fur of the tabby cat in the watcher's lap. “What do you think Shiva? Christmas is only a couple of days away now you know.”
The small tabby purred softly and nudged the hand that had stopped in its trail along her back.
A small laugh was heard before pale fingers reached up to scratch the animal behind her ears.
“Talking to the cat again Aya-chan?”
Violet eyes darted up to meet jade and a playful smile stretched over the girl's lips. “Ne, Yohji, you know Shiva is the only one who understands me.”
The man brought a hand up to his chest in mock hurt. “Aya, you wound me,” he crowed, eyes gleaming jovially.
With a tinkling laugh the raven haired girl set her feline companion down on the back of the sofa and motioned for Yohji to join her. “Awe, I'm sorry,” she said innocently, leaning up to place a small kiss against his cheek as he moved to sit next to her. He gave one of her dark braids a gentle tug before slipping his arms around her waist and tucking her against him. They sat in silence for a while, both watching the snow fall outside and enjoying the easy peace that existed between them.
“What are you looking at out there?”
Aya curled her hands over the brunet's and snuggled closer to him before replying. “Just the world.”
“The world?”
She nodded once. “Yeah, the world. Everyone down there is so busy with their last minute Christmas shopping, and none of tem have really taken the time to look at the world around them. The snow is so pretty, but they all see it as an annoyance.”
“Maybe they don't like to be cold.”
“Maybe.” She didn't sound convinced.
Yohji shifted, turning Aya to sit sideways across his lap. He buried his face against her hair, breathing in the sweet scent of peanut butter bon-bons and apricot cookies that lingered from her day of baking. “How do you see the snow?” His asked in a slightly muffled voice.
“I see it as a giant, chilly blanket,” she replied, giggling slightly at how silly the thought sounded. “Mother nature gave us snow so that we could make our own angels here on earth.” She could feel Yohji smile against her hair and she let out another small giggle. “It's true.”
“And how do we make angels?”
“You've never made an angel?”
He shook his head. “Nope.”
Aya wiggled free from his embrace and reached out to grab his hands. “Come on, I'll show you how!” She said excitedly, tugging him toward the door.
The pair tugged on their boots and coats before slipping out the back and into the chilly, early evening air. Aya grinned up at Yohji before flopping over backwards into a deep pile of snow. She waved her arms and legs for a few seconds before lying still again. All around her the snow had shifted to create what resembled sparkling wings.
Yohji found himself smiling softly, a profound feeling of contentment washing over him. It wasn't the snow that made the angels on earth, it was people like Aya that made them.
 
Fin
 
-oOsSsOo-
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing. I make no profit. I am broke. Weiß Kreuz and all characters therein belong to their respective legal slaves.
 
Author's Note: Uhm…I was feeling fluffy. I discovered recently that I really like the idea of Yohji/Aya-chan, so I wrote a little snippet dedicated to them. I hope everyone enjoyed my silly, out of season fluff.