Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Find A Way Back To Your Heart ❯ Forgotten ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Find A Way Back To Your Heart

By: Atsureki

Disclaimers : They're not mine, let's just leave it at that shall we?

Warnings : OCC, yaoi, angst, supernatural stuff.

Notes : Stuff written in Italic are thoughts or that little voice inside your head.

Chapter 2. Forgotten

He walked slowly and everything felt so strange, alien to him. It was almost as if he had been given a new body and now he was breaking it in much like he would have walked in a new pair of shoes. Each movement was awkward and weird. Muttering under his breath he stopped infront a window to take a look at himself.

He looked the same. Same hair, same eyes, same face, same everything. Well at least I don't look dead, he huffed to himself and started walking again. The memories were another thing that bothered him. He still couldn't remember everything and Aslan had refused to answer questions about it. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't remember his lover's name or what he looked like. A part of his mind suggested that it was all a part of Aslan's little game and he had to agree with it.

"Figures this wouldn't be easy," he muttered sourly and turned around a corner. At least he remembered his own name… He stopped dead in his tracks.

"Fuck!" What the hell was his name again? A stream of curses floated out of his mouth. Annoyed he searched his pockets until he found his wallet.

"Outsmarted you this time Aslan," he grinned and flipped it open. His name didn't exactly ring any bells but it wasn't unfamilier at least. Feeling quite pleased with himself he started walking again, heading towards the shop where he knew he would find his lover.

He was thankful that his memories of the Koneko were intact or else he'd be in deep shit. It took him half an hour to find the flower shop and when he entered he had to push his way forward through the mass of girls that swamped the place.

"Some things never change," he growled.

"BUY SOMETHING OR GET OUT!!" He flinched at the deep harsh voice and whipped his head around as the shop quickly lost the school-girls. The tall redhead that stood before him had violet eyes hard and cold as arctic ice.

"Aya." A second man appeared from the backroom and shook his head. "What are you yelling about?"

"Hn." the redhead almost snorted and stalked off to trim some flowers.

"Gomen, how can I help you?" It took a few moments before he understood that the brunette was talking to him.

"Huh? I… um…" He licked his lips and sighed. What the hell was he suppose to say? 'Hi, I'm looking for a man who's my lover and that I can't remember nor can he remember me?' The brunette just smiled at him and didn't seem to be bothered by his stupid answer.

"Just let me know if you need help."

"Thanks."

He strolled around the shop trying to think of something intelligent. The brunette and the redhead were familier but he was sure that neither one of them was his lover which meant that there was another man in that house. But who? The bell above the door rang so he turned around. The sight almost floored him.

That soft blonde hair, those huge blue eyes, now shadowed by sorrow, and that child-like face. Omi. The memories came back to him at once and they hurt. Omi looked sick, pale, defeated. You were wrong Aslan, he's not fine without me, he sighed inside. His lover's blue eyes landed on him and for a brief moment recognition flew across them.

"Excuse me but are you here about the job?" the slender blonde asked. Even his voice had changed, instead of cheerful and energetic it was hollow and raspy.

"Eh um yeah."

"I'm Omi. I'll get Aya-kun for you. Sorry I didn't catch your name."

"Kudou, Kudou Yoji." His name obviously didn't ring any bells since the blonde didn't even flinch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

There were things that made Yoji wonder just how much Aslan had done to get him back there. The job he had gotten at the Koneko was weird since the only reason they all worked there was to cover up their real job. Not to meantion the fact that he had been offered to live there too. But he had said no because he just couldn't stand moving back into his own room. The look on Omi's face when Aya suggested it had cut like a knife through the lanky blonde's heart.

No one had said anything about him or rather the man he had used to be before he died. Ken was pretty much normal or at least anyone who didn't know the former soccer-player would have thought so but Yoji knew him better than that. The brunette was subdued and his brown eyes were shadowed by sadness. Aya on the other hand acted like nothing had happened and no one had expected anything else since it was Aya.

But it was Omi that pained the lanky blonde beyond what should be possible. He looked so lost and as if every breath was pure agony. The Omi he had fallen in love with was gone. There were no more laughter, no more sparkling blue eyes, no more innocence, no more bouncing, no more happiness. Sometimes the little blonde just quickly left the shop without a word and didn't return for hours.

Both Ken and Aya usually looked after him as he disappeared and it was then and only then Yoji could see that his death and the things surrounding it had affected the silent redhead. Emotions had never been Aya's style but when Omi really showed how badly he was doing the amethyst eyes softened and sadness flickered across them.

To his surprise the lanky blonde realized that the one his lover sought comfort from was the redhead. Perhaps it shouldn't be such a surprise since they all knew that underneath the cold Aya-mask was someone who really cared about his team-mates and who desperatly wanted to protect them.

Yoji glanced at Omi as he arranged some roses. His lover, or should that perhaps be former lover, was having a bad day and his eyes and form looked defeated. The shop was empty, except for the two of them, so he carefully approached the younger blonde.

"You okay Omi?" he asked softly and had to restrain himself from wrapping his arms around his lover. Shiny blue eyes met green.

"Hai, I'm fine Yoji-kun." You never was very good at lying baby, the lanky blonde sighed to himself. Even though he had only been there for a week Omi had already started calling him Yoji-kun almost as if he knew that he should. But it hurt to hear his name fall from those lips, it hurt because the little blonde couldn't remember him or them.

"Listen, I know that you don't really remem…" Yoji kicked himself when he realized what he had almost said. "Eh I mean that you don't really know me but if you need to talk I'm here okay?" Tired and sad eyes looked at him and Omi forced a smile on his face.

"Thank you Yoji-kun but I don't really want to talk about it, it… I… he…" Tears started to fall and the lanky blonde felt his heart break. He just couldn't stand to see all that hurt and loss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Omi was confused. The pain from his lover's death was tearing him apart and this stranger, this tall blonde was confusing him so much. It felt like he should know him but his mind drew blanks. Suddenly Yoji pulled him into his arms and Omi didn't struggle. He felt safe there, like he had been held by him before even though he knew for certain that he hadn't.

Instead of trying to get away he just gave up. With a low cry he pressed himself against the older man and cried his heart out. Gentle hands stroke his hair and soft comforting words that sounded so familier were whispered into his ear. He didn't understand and he was too broken and tired to really care why this man felt so good.

"Yotan," Omi sobbed and buried his face in Yoji's shirt.

It had been three months but the pain was still so freash so severe. He was scared, afraid that it would never go away, that the rest of his life would be filled with agony. His lover wasn't coming back, he understood that but he couldn't accept it, refused to. It wasn't fair that Yotan had been taken away from him, that he had been left behind.

"I'm so sorry Omi, please forgive me. I never meant to hurt you so much," the lanky blonde choked out and Omi froze. What was he talking about?

Confused and uncomfortable he pushed himself away to stare into sad pools of green. Yoji looked just as devastated as he felt himself but why? He didn't know this man, this man didn't know him and knew nothing about his dead lover. With his heart racing and his feelings completely messed up Omi turned around and fled.

~TBC~

You might find it strange that Ken, Aya and Omi don't react on Yoji's name but Aslan is the reason for that. When Omi calls Yoji Yotan or even Yoji he won't even understand that it's the same name. I know that's really weird but that's the way Aslan made it. It will most likely be confusing but um hm well I'm a confused chick so… *sighs* Ja/Atsureki