Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Flammentanzer ❯ The Experiment ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Hmm.. the usual.. that this characters does not belong to me…Weiss and Schwarz and all characters that related to them belong to Project Weiss and the story is just fictional..

@ MiniMorr : thank you… getting a review from one of experience

authoress … I really feel honored….*sobs & relief sigh*

@ Pandora.81 ^_________^

@ nekojita_chan I try my best ne… I would like to give readers a good story

so I had been overworked with the next chapter *look at the next chapter, shake head, rewrite*

@ evil Jy *grin* yeah.. I agree… he is my favorite…

@ Jenny or Vault 712 Yes… I am continuing it… and this is the new chapter…

Ken.. yeah poor Ken… *shake head* I have a writers

block on how to deal with him..

@ Rini Schu is very angry with you for `shaving his head' ^__^

@ Misura ^__^ the kid just being nice.. or may he really hates Tuna fish, I myself cant stand the smell of tuna, sardines and salmon.. too strong ^^

Pairing: Let me see… I myself not sure… suggestions??

Again this is an OOC and AU story… and English is not my first language… My special thanks to my wonderful beta reader for correcting my English and grammar ^^ thanks a lot sedgi001. I'm glad you like the story…

To Thao Pham… Thank you for your great advice for the information on the remote village^^

Chapter 2 - das Experiment

Ken was running from his college compound towards his dormitory. He needs to discuss a very urgent matter with Yohji and Ran {super urgent matter} he thought while he was running and the closing date is today. {Kuso.. why did I always be the last one to know about something this big and important} he swore and curse as he ran and nearly stumbled on the pavement due to his excitement.

He was panting when he reached the top floor where his, Ran's and Yohji's room was located. They were not from a rich families, their college lives solely depended on their scholarship allowances - which provided just enough for them to buy groceries, books and a few of necessities. They had taken part time jobs… He and Ran had taken part time jobs that allowed them to work on the weekends waiting tables, and Yohji had taken a part time job as a clerk, he worked the night shifts. Well.. the income was not great but it was enough for them to survive on.

Ken's friend had told him about a new scientific experiment that was in need of participants. Participation was voluntarily, but those who were chosen would be paid with a cold hard cash in the amount of 500 dollars.. the best thing was that they paid in US dollars.. Ken whistled.. Imagine what they could do with that amount of money... He grinned, he wanted to share this information with his best friends… He knew that whoever was chosen would share the cash…

He quickly knocked on the door to the room the three of them were sharing, it was cheaper that way.

"I'm coming in.. so whatever you are doing... I'm coming in!" he shouted. He could hear footstep from the room coming to open the door.

"Okaeri," He was greeted by a flaming red hair and he saw a few chemistry books were scattered on the table. It was obvious that their blond haired friend was tutoring the redhead for his upcoming chemistry exam. Yohji was their senior and Ken was the youngest among the three of them.

"Eh… good news," he said to them.

Yohji looked at his friend curiously. What Ken considered good news was often just wierd news. "What… a cat gave birth to a kitten with two heads, or a UFO landed somewhere in the school compound, and you, Ken Hidaka, happened to be the only witness?" He knew Ken loved supernatural things, his part of the room was filled with various posters ranging from the X Files series with the popular poster I DO BELIEVE to snap shots of the so called aliens claimed to be crashed at Roswell in America.

"Yeah… very funny Yohji… this is real stuff.. how about each of us or one of us earning 500 US dollars!?"

Both Ran and Yohji's mouths went agape. Ken smiled at their reaction; he knew how to get their serious attention. Hey! 500 US dollars is not a small amount of money.. not for them... poor college boys.

"Don't be silly, Ken. Who on earth would give away 500 dollars easily?" Yohji snorted.

Then Ken reported what he had heard about the new scientific experiment in need of volunteers.

"The sad thing is that… only those chosen will get that cash. If it is one of us.. then we can share it, but if it all of us… whoa…. Imagine what we can buy with that kind of money!"

"I could have new clothes and books!" Ran spoke at last.

"I could take Asuka for a dinner at a fancy restaurant!" Yohji added.

"And, I could buy a new soccer ball, soccer shoes and soccer jerseys!" Ken finished last.

"So… are we in or are we out? There's nothing to lose right?" Ken was looking at his friends hopefully.

"Is it safe?" Ran asked. "I can't shake the feeling that we could end up as guinea pigs for some weird mad scientist."

"Oh.. come on Ran.. if wasn't safe, do you think they would use college boys like us as volunteers?" Ken answered.

"He has a point at that."

"So.. what are we waiting for.. let's go and register, today is the last day.. damn that friend of mine, he told me at a very last minute"

"Let me combed my hair" Yohji gets up from the chair while Ran and Ken waiting at the door for him.

"For God sake.. Yohji… would you hurry up.. we are not going for a date here"

`Hey! I still have to look good!"

****************

It was a miracle (or may be not since Yohji had dated one of the girls who processed their application forms) that all three of them were chosen to participate in the scientific experiment. There had been fifty applicants, all eager and drawn in by the big bucks that were being offered.

It was Ken who saw their names were on the list of chosen participants pinned to the bulletin board at college. He had been so happy that he had been jumping up and down and dancing around. Out of fifty, they only chose 6 and hello ladies and gentleman we are part of the lucky six! Thank you thank you and for those who had failed with their application please try again later sayonara adios amigos L.O.S.E.R.... boohoooo. Ken laughed.

*************

The guy in charge of the scientific experiment was eerie and weird looking. He was tall with dark hair and dark eyes, and his face, at first glance, was reminiscent of Frankenstein's monster from the movies - a sure brand of a mad scientist. He wore some kind of a lab coat and was looking over the 6 volunteers who had been chosen.

"Hello, everyone. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Dr. Takatori Masufami and I will be in charge of this project," he put down his pen and continued, "Let me brief all of you on what the project is about."

"All of you will be given an injection. Three of these injections will be just saline and the other three injections that will be administered will be one of three small chemical compounds that we call Red, Green and Blue Factor. Information regarding the nature of these chemicals is classified. Those who receive the chemical injections will suffer a mild hallucinations and a slight pressure on your arms. All of you will be under our strict supervision for the 24 hours following the injections. We will need to record observations and results." The strange man held up three small bottles - each with a red, green or blue label. "None of you will know who receives a chemical or who receives the placebo."

He looked at the six wary faces of the volunteers standing before him, "Any questions?"

`Who the hell would ask question when it is 500 dollars involved?' Yohji thought.

A young man raised his hand, "I have a question, Sir."

The other 5 volunteers turned to look at the young man who was about Yohji's age.

"Yes?"

"Aa.. err.. mmm... may I ask when we will receive the 500 dollars?" the young man's face flushed slightly.

The weird doctor smiled at the question, "All of you will be given 500 dollars right after the 24 hour period of supervision."

"Oh… Ok... thank you... "

Ran raised his hand.

"Yes… gentleman with the red hair, what is your question?"

"Does the chemical have any side effects? I mean…. "

"Oh… I know what you mean, young man. You have nothing to worry about… as I said earlier, only a mild hallucination and a slight pressure… which can be expected to last for at least a week…. then everything would be back to normal."

Ran sat down, he had an uneasy feeling about the program - his instincts told him that the man was hiding something, the answer given to him was vague… He wanted to persuade Yohji and Ken to pull out of the project, but they would only laugh at him and tell him he was paranoid.

"Any more questions?" the man looked at them.

Silence.

"Very well then, if there are no other questions, I'll be seeing all of you this evening at the college's west wing"

`The abandoned wing why would they do it at the abandoned wing?' Ran thought, but his concerns were immediately dispelled when he saw Ken's excited face.

******************

That evening, Ran, Yohji, and Ken were the first three to arrive at the West Wing of their college. They looked around and Yohji's eyes widened when he saw a pretty, young lady with a marvelously clear complexion, wearing a black blouse and short black skirt walking towards them with the man who was in charge of the experiment.

`Nice legs' Yohji thought and was wondering what a beautiful looking lady doing with a weird man like that.

"Are you lovely gentlemen here for the project?" she extended her hand to them for handshake. As usual, Yohji, who was the resident playboy, quickly extended his hand to the beautiful young lady. Ran and Ken snorted knowing how Yohji would act around a beautiful young lady.

They were each given a form with a long list of questions, ranging from personal to silly. Ran, Yohji and Ken sat together at the nearest table and discuss their answers.

#5 Please specify your blood type.

"Huh.. that will be B for me," Ken said.

"AB for me," Yohji continued.

"A," Ran answered and scribbled at the form.

#7 Do you have any psychic abilities?

Glancing at each other, they shrugged and checked `No.'

#8 Have you ever taken any hallucinogenic drugs?

`No'

#21 Do you have any drug allergies?

`No'

The next question caused Ran and Ken to look curiously at Yohji.

#22 Have you engaged in any sexual activities or masturbation for the last 24 hours?

Ran and Ken burst into gales of laughter.

"I don't know about Yohji, but my answer is no," Ran finally spoke after he was done with his share of laughter..

"Me too!"

"What do both of you think I am? A Desperado?" Yohji snorted.

***************

Ran, Yohji and Ken were ushered to a room with three separate beds. The three of them were lying on their respective beds waiting anxiously.

"Mr. Fujimiya Ran… is it?" Ran turned his head and saw Dr. Takatori smiling at him. The doctor took Ran's hand and held it gently in his own cold one, his skin reminded Ran of ice. He watched the man's face and couldn't help trembling slightly.

"Ah… Yes."

"I'll be the one who will be monitoring you."

"Oh?" he tried to get up to look at Yohji and Ken, but he was gently pushed back down to the bed by the doctor.

"Don't worry about them… now, I'm going to roll up your sleeve - try to relax."

`Relax I am afraid of you how can you ask me to relax?!'

The doctor looped a piece of rubber flex around Ran's right arm just above the elbow and asked Ran to form a fist. The redhead obliged and a vein voluntarily popped up, Ran closed his eyes - not because he felt sick from the prick of pain as the needle was injected or the numb feeling on his arm as the fluid in the IV container began dripping, but because he no longer wanted to see the doctor is grinning above him… a mad grin… reminding him of Freddy Krueger from one of Nightmare on the Elm Street movies that he had been forced to watch by Ken.

Ran looked up at the white ceiling of the west wing, and after a few seconds he felt very sleepy and dreamy. He was smiling and giggling like a schoolgirl. He felt so light and his mind drifted like a feather, circling lazily through the air blown by a soft breeze, then there were more feathers and he saw himself drifting among them, along with the clouds... what is it that? his secondary teacher had taught him the various names of the different kinds of clouds.. cumulus.. cumulonimbus altocumulus cirrostratus stratocumulus stratus altostratus nimbostratus cirrus. He felt clever…. He was soaring in the sky when he heard a faint distant voice; he tried to open his eyes, but his eyelids were too heavy. When he did manage to open them slightly, he saw the doctor was injecting something into his IV tube.

The last thing he could remember before he totally lost his consciousness was the doctor grinning at him and saying, "Shh… Relax… don't worry… you are in good hands."

"What did you gave him?"

Takatori Masafumi chuckled, "Since he is so pretty, I have decided to give him all three compounds; the Red, the Blue and the Green."

"That would be dangerous."

"I know," he stroked the boy's cheek. His thumb paused on Ran's soft pale lips… caressing them…

******************

Ran was passed out on his lap and Yohji could feel that he himself drifting to sleep. He was dreaming… dreaming of the ill-fated day, dreaming of Ken's delightful face, Ran's concerned expression, the cold room where they were lying on white beds… and something went wrong…. His sleeping mind was reminding him of the past, and his partially awakened mind was reminding him of the present…

They were being chased and they were on a bus… making a narrow escape…. moving…. when he was suddenly hit by a realization…

The bus… it had stopped moving…

******************

Me There… there goes Chapter 2.. I really hope they like it..

Fuuma Yeah.. with a very big help from your beta reader… or else your grammar would be in the drain!!

Me Urusei!!! … anyway.. yeah.. thanks gain .. for Pandora.. thanks for the muse.. they really help… ^__^

Fuuma In so many ways!!!! *wink* at Pandora..

Me By the way.. if you found any mistake.. that would be on my part ^^ my eyes.. they are not perfect.. Oh.. please do review.. if you like to… I am not good in humor and romance stories.. therefore.. any lack of it.. gomen nasaaaaiii!!!